@MuRaZorWitchKING, Love the footage of the heli on the hospital in Elektro, classic old school survival vibes for sure. :rthumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EO said:

@MuRaZorWitchKING, Love the footage of the heli on the hospital in Elektro, classic old school survival vibes for sure. :rthumb:

Thanks man, yeah Reason loves that thing 🤣🤣

I tried to get some good combat shots (Reason providing CAS) during the raid while also trying to not get my head taken off, surprisingly I lived through it 😂😂

Those AI will gun you down no questions asked especially the Ravage bandits, each time we’re rolling on foot or humvee or something we barely make it back to base because they’re so damn aggressive, but hey, we made it! 

🤘

• Like 2

Goodness, I just discovered there's a Ravage comic. It's called Ashes, Ashes (which was the title of the René Barjavel Ravage book in English). It's actually a translation of the French comic Ravage, by Jean-David Morvan (whose Madeleine, résistante I have very much enjoyed). For French speakers, the Ravage comic was published in 2016 and is no doubt available in TPB/hardback. For les Anglais, it's currently on issue 4 (I don't know how many issues there will be) from Magnetic Press.

08LIyPk.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/6/2021 at 3:49 AM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Also @haleks I forgot to ask, but is there anyway to remove the rating system? Playing with friends we gift items / share food and medical items via backpack just cause it is easier to trade items this way... Is there anyway to remove the rating system for pick pocketing / shooting people on the same side?

It's hard entering a safezone if you're classed as a renegade as the AI instantly recognize you as a "threat" and start shooting you...

It's also an annoyance when you're playing with friends and you have to get out of the vehicle everyone is trying to get in as once you're a renegade it "soft locks" the vehicle you're in.

I'm assuming this is also a base Arma system setting as well eh? 

You can also add a small amount of rating overtime to all connected player. So a player with a negative rating can't go in a safe zone and he must hide somewhere to recover rating... Like this a player who have done a small mistake like unvolontary friendly fire will be not blacklisted for a long time, a big PK will be like banned from safe zone.

With GRAD custom variable its also possible to save player unit rating, or you can also add rating in many way (for each Zombies killed, complete a mission...) to create a sort of minigame to recover rating. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addRating 

• Like 3

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can answer this question. I am in the process of working on a custom map for Arma 3 with custom assets and I want to be able to give custom objects on the map the loot able script the same way that the default ravage objects that spawn already do. 

For instance I have a custom Refrigerator model I'm using. I'd like any of those objects I place both in the Eden editor but also any that are map objects to be loot able in the same manner as the default Ravage models.

Is this possible? Could it be something as simple as adding a script to the init field to make the object behave in that way?

Any advice or a workaround would be really appreciated. ❤️

Alright so who else is having issues with Steam workshop uploader? 

I am behind 4 - 5 patches now on Not Alone + TBR sadly because of this mess and I absolutely cannot find the culprit of this issue.

I've reinstalled steam, restarted my router, opted into a steam beta, reinstalled Arma 3 (Twice) and I even popped into the steam console and attempted testing the cloud sync to Arma 3's App ID folder....

What the hell is all I can say...

Anyone have any ideas?  Other things I can try?

I get the generic "Steam process failed." error, and I should note this has been going on for 3 weeks or so... I've been waiting and hoping it'd resolve itself but sadly no dice...

I'd like to get this fixed so I can hop back into streaming and making a good bit more YT videos, but I've been stuck patching small bugs on my end and then wasting hours at a time trying to fix this damn issue... :face_palm:

Also @Unknown.png you'll have to make the items for inventory another route I believe, and you'll need to class the .paa files as well with the objects, give them inventory weight, etc... etc... It's a long process I'm fairly sure (never done it, could be wrong)

8 hours ago, Unknown.png said:

Any advice or a workaround would be really appreciated. ❤️

The Ravage loot_scan.sqf contains all the .p3d classnames that can be searched and looted, maybe It's possible to edit that script by adding your own custom .p3d classnames to it?

Spoiler

/*
	Author: Larrow, edited by Haleks

Description: awesome loot search function

Returns:

*/
if !(hasInterface) exitWith {};
rvg_lootContModels = ["barreltrash_f.p3d","officecabinet_01_f.p3d","officetable_01_f.p3d","officetable_01_f.p3d","cashdesk_f.p3d","icebox_f.p3d","almara.p3d","case_bedroom_b.p3d","fridge.p3d","kitchenstove_elec.p3d","lekarnicka.p3d","metalcase_01.p3d","dhangar_whiteskrin.p3d","library_a.p3d","skrin_bar.p3d","case_wooden_b.p3d","truhla_stara.p3d","skrin_opalena.p3d","dhangar_brownskrin.p3d","case_a.p3d","case_cans_b.p3d","case_bedroom_a.p3d","desk.p3d","dhangar_knihovna.p3d","dhangar_psacistul.p3d","pultskasou.p3d","icebox.p3d","chest_ep1.p3d","cabinet_ep1.p3d","woodenbox_f.p3d","garbagebin_02_f.p3d","garbagebags_f.p3d","garbagebarrel_01_f.p3d","garbagepallet_f.p3d","garbagewashingmachine_f.p3d","luggageheap_02_f.p3d","luggageheap_05_f.p3d","luggageheap_04_f.p3d","garbageheap_01_f.p3d","garbageheap_02_f.p3d","garbageheap_03_f.p3d","garbageheap_04_f.p3d","junkpile_f.p3d","garbagebin_01_f.p3d","garbagecontainer_closed_f.p3d","wheeliebin_01_f.p3d","crateswooden_f.p3d","garbagecontainer_open_f.p3d",
"sacks_goods_f.p3d","sacks_heap_f.p3d","paperbox_closed_f.p3d","paperbox_open_full_f.p3d","scrap_mrap_01_f.p3d","pallet_milboxes_f.p3d","scrapheap_1_f.p3d","scrapheap_2_f.p3d","fishinggear_01_f.p3d","fishinggear_02_f.p3d","tabledesk_f.p3d","barreltrash_grey_f.p3d","woodencrate_01_f.p3d","woodencrate_01_stack_x3_f.p3d","woodencrate_01_stack_x5_f.p3d","kontejner.p3d","kontejner_sklo.p3d","kontejner_papir.p3d","kontejner_plasty.p3d","misc_garb_heap_ep1.p3d","popelnice.p3d","kontejner.p3d","misc_gcontainer_big.p3d","popelnice.p3d","bag_ep1.p3d","bags_ep1.p3d","cwa_bags_stack.p3d","bags_stack_ep1.p3d","sack_ep1.p3d","wicker_basket_ep1.p3d","crates_ep1.p3d","usbasicammo.p3d","ammobednax.p3d","usbasicweapons.p3d","usspecialweapons.p3d","misc_backpackheap.p3d","misc_backpackheap_ep1.p3d","hromada_beden_dekorativnix.p3d","box_c.p3d","drevena_bedna.p3d","wreck_hmmwv_f.p3d","wreck_skodovka_f.p3d","wreck_cardismantled_f.p3d","wreck_truck_f.p3d","wreck_car2_f.p3d","wreck_car_f.p3d","wreck_car3_f.p3d","wreck_hunter_f.p3d","wreck_offroad_f.p3d","wreck_offroad2_f.p3d","wreck_uaz_f.p3d","wreck_ural_f.p3d","wreck_truck_dropside_f.p3d","wreck_van_f.p3d","lada_wrecked.p3d","hmmwv_wrecked.p3d","jeept.p3d","jeept_horeznacky.p3d","jeept_tanker.p3d","hiluxt.p3d","datsun01t.p3d","datsun02t.p3d","skodovka_wrecked.p3d","uaz_wrecked.p3d","ural_wrecked.p3d",
"garbage_paleta.p3d",
"garbage_misc.p3d",
"OfficeCabinet_02_F.p3d",
"CargoBox_V1_F.p3d",
"Sack_F",
"tooltrolley_02_f.p3d",
"luggageheap_03_f.p3d",
"luggageheap_01_f.p3d",
"workbench_01_f.p3d",
"paperbox_01_small_closed_f.p3d",
"fridge_01_f.p3d",
//gm
"gm_euro_misc_postbox_e.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_cashdesk_01.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_05.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_04.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_postbox_w.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_desk_01.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_01_ylw.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_06.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_07.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_03.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_shelf_09.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_refrigerator_01.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_refrigerator_02.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_02.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_01_blk.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_01_red.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_01_blu.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_01_grn.p3d",
"gm_euro_misc_trashbin_01_brn.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_shelf_04.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_bar_01.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_shelf_01.p3d",
"gm_euro_furniture_shelf_02.p3d",
//livonia
"library_a.p3d",
"library_a_open.p3d",
"locker_closed_blue_v1.p3d",
"locker_closed_blue_v2.p3d",
"locker_closed_blue_v3.p3d",
"locker_closed_v1.p3d",
"locker_closed_v2.p3d",
"locker_closed_v3.p3d",
"box_c.p3d",
"class_case_a_closed.p3d",
"class_case_b_closed.p3d",
"lab_teacher_bench.p3d"
];

["rvgLootScanEH", "onEachFrame", {
	rvg_lootTarget = nil;
	if !(player isEqualTo (vehicle player)) exitWith {};
	_objs = lineIntersectsObjs [ATLToASL positionCameraToWorld [0,0,0], ATLToASL positionCameraToWorld[0,0,2+(positionCameraToWorld [0,0,0] distance player)], player, objNull, true, 32];
	if !(count _objs isEqualTo 0) then {
		_obj = _objs # ((count _objs) - 1);
		_objValidStr = [_obj, rvg_lootContModels] call rvg_fnc_findString;
		if !(_objValidStr isEqualTo "") then {
			rvg_lootTarget =  [_obj, _objValidStr];
		};
	};
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

@MuRaZorWitchKING - i dont think the Ravage containers work in that way, because the items arent actually in the inventory until after you perform the search at which point they spawn onto the floor.

@EO - Thats brilliant, thats exactly what I wanted. (I am having trouble finding the loot_scan.sqf file)

The question is, If I change that loot_scan.sqf when someone joins my game their version of Ravage is going to be the vanilla version, wheras the version i'm using has been tweaked by me where I changed the loot_scan.sqf. 

If I changed that file would it work for anyone else who joined my server?

I misunderstood, you want loot-able containers, that makes sense 🤣

I thought you were meaning like inventory loot and how to create that “can of beans” etc… 

Any way of determining what clothes will protect against radiation and is their a way to make this mod work with Drongos spooks and anomolies?

On 9/24/2021 at 1:37 AM, interectic said:

Any way of determining what clothes will protect against radiation and is their a way to make this mod work with Drongos spooks and anomolies?

By default, CSAT Combat fatigues and Special Purpose (Viper team Suit), Ravage Survival suit, and CBRN from Contact DLC will protect you, if you want more, you'll have to look/add in the ravage.pbo file under "antirad_uniforms".

And AFAIK, this mod is working with DSA, Spooks will go after zombies.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:53 AM, RZNUNKWN said:

By default, CSAT Combat fatigues and Special Purpose (Viper team Suit), Ravage Survival suit, and CBRN from Contact DLC will protect you, if you want more, you'll have to look/add in the ravage.pbo file under "antirad_uniforms".

And AFAIK, this mod is working with DSA, Spooks will go after zombies.

I can not find this antirad_uniforms you have mentioned? I looked in the ravage.pbo for it. Any idea?

sleep 10;
_txt = "DAY " + str ceil (startTime call rvg_fnc_returnDays);
[_txt, safezoneX +  safezoneW - 0.65, safeZoneY + safezoneH - 0.2, 10, 0, 0, 888] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
while {alive player} do {
	_d = ceil (startTime call rvg_fnc_returnDays);
	waitUntil {if (!alive player) exitWith {true}; sleep 1.5; ceil (startTime call rvg_fnc_returnDays) > _d || visibleMap};
	if (!alive player) exitWith {true};
	_txt = "DAY " + str ceil (startTime call rvg_fnc_returnDays);
	[_txt, safezoneX +  safezoneW - 0.65, safeZoneY + safezoneH - 0.2, 10, 0, 0, 888] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;
};
cutText ["", "BLACK OUT", 20];
sleep 3;
_n = format ["<t  size = '1'>%1</t>", ceil (startTime call rvg_fnc_returnDays) - 1];
_d = "<t  size = '1'> DAYS.</t>";
if ((ceil (startTime call rvg_fnc_returnDays) - 1) < 2) then {_d = "<t  size = '1'> DAY.</t>"};
_txt = "<t  size = '1'>YOU SURVIVED </t>" + _n + _d;
[   
	_txt,
	safezoneX+((safeZoneH-(safeZoneW/8*(4/3)))/2), safeZoneY+((safeZoneH-(safeZoneW/100*(4/3)))/2),
	60, 5, 0, 890
] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText;

Is this entire thing what I need to add the survived X days text to pop up? Current scenario doesn't have the feature...and I'd like to have it. This is from the base Ravage scenario description if that helps.

52 minutes ago, interectic said:

I can not find this antirad_uniforms you have mentioned? I looked in the ravage.pbo for it. Any idea?

The list of Anti Rad gear is located in the survival_init.sqf (Ravage>Code>Survival)

Spoiler

antirad_uniforms = [
"U_O_CombatUniform_oucamo",
"U_O_CombatUniform_ocamo",
"U_I_pilotCoveralls",
"U_O_pilotCoveralls",
"U_O_T_Soldier_F",
"U_O_V_Soldier_Viper_F",
"U_O_V_Soldier_Viper_hex_F",
"U_O_Wetsuit_rvg",
"U_B_Wetsuit_rvg",
"U_I_Wetsuit_rvg",
"U_C_CBRN_Suit_01_Blue_F",
"U_B_CBRN_Suit_01_MTP_F",
"U_B_CBRN_Suit_01_Tropic_F",
"U_C_CBRN_Suit_01_White_F",
"U_B_CBRN_Suit_01_Wdl_F",
"U_I_CBRN_Suit_01_AAF_F",
"U_I_E_CBRN_Suit_01_EAF_F",
//skn
"skn_u_nbc_indep_blk",
"skn_u_nbc_indep_blu",
"skn_u_nbc_indep_gre",
"skn_u_nbc_opf_blue",
"skn_u_nbc_opf_red",
"skn_u_nbc_opf_white",
"skn_u_nbc_opf_yellow",
"skn_u_nbc_bluf_mtp",
"skn_u_nbc_bluf_wd"
];
antirad_goggles = [
"mcu2p2_grey",//HD3
"Mask_M40_OD",
"Mask_M40",
"Mask_M50",
"ffaa_brilat_item_nbq",//ffaa
//avon fm12
"avon_ct12_strapless",
"avon_fm12_strapless",
"avon_SF12_strapless",
"avon_ct12",
"avon_fm12",
"avon_SF12",
//skn
"skn_m04_gas_mask_bare_dry",
"skn_m04_gas_mask_blk",
"skn_m04_gas_mask_blu",
"skn_m04_gas_mask_gre",
"skn_m50_gas_mask",
"skn_m50_gas_mask_hood",
"skn_m50_gas_mask_hood_wd",
"skn_s10_balaclava_blue_dry",
"skn_s10_balaclava_red_dry",
"skn_s10_balaclava_white_dry",
"skn_s10_balaclava_yellow_dry",
//w40k
"Ren_Gasmask_02",
"Ren_Gasmask_01",
"DKOKTroopMask",
"DKOKOffMask",
"DKOKGrenMask",
//contact
"G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_black_F",
"G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_olive_F",
"G_AirPurifyingRespirator_02_sand_F",
"G_AirPurifyingRespirator_01_F",
"G_RegulatorMask_F",
//gm
"gm_ge_facewear_m65",
"gm_gc_army_facewear_schm41m"
];
antirad_vests = [
"V_RebreatherB",
"V_RebreatherIR",
"V_RebreatherIA",
"V_O2Tank",
"V_O2Tank_1"
];
antirad_headgears = [
"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F",
"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F",
"H_PilotHelmetFighter_I",
"H_PilotHelmetFighter_O",
"H_PilotHelmetFighter_B",
"H_PilotHelmetFighter_I_E"
//exomod
/*"AtlasElite_Helmet",
"Atlas_HelmetH",
"Atlas_HelmetK",
"Korean_HelmetKL",
"Marine_HelmetC",
"Marine_HelmetCCII",
"Atlas_HelmetM",
"SentinelRecon_Helmet"*/
];
antirad_packs = [
"B_CombinationUnitRespirator_01_F",
"B_SCBA_01_F"
];

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

@haleks If you're about - could you read your messages and get in touch with me? I'd really appreciate it.

After a very troubling month of not being able to update my scenario's I've finally got the issue sorted on the Steam workshop. Many, Many thanks to @Gunter Severloh for not only taking time out of his day (in this case multiple days) but also assisting me with a what seemed impossible fix.
Turned out that the DayZ OST tracks somehow became corrupted and that basically rendered the Steam Workshop updater useless. Nonetheless we're BACK!

From the month I've been "out of commission" I've actually been doing a great bit of updates towards Not Alone & The Burning Rain newer features are:

~ Ace Implementation -No Medical-
~ Removal of Drongo's Spooks and Anomalies replaced with Remnant mod by our good @haleks
~ Completely refreshed / overhauled base building system that utilizes ACE menu to do so (also has Navmesh remapping upon server restart and loading of assets **Zombie proofed**) ~~Grad fortifications~~
~ Completely reworked currency system, also utilizes ACE menu, can take money from dead players, rob players via ACE handcuffs, deposit money in a bank account, and even quickly transfer to other players / friends ~~Grad money~~
~ Reworked HUD

~ Tons of custom "survival scripts" addactions (get water from well, craft FAK, split MRE box, etc...)
~ New Base items trader / with UI ~~Grad buy menu~~

And a lotttt more that I really cannot think of right now...

Some screenshots of current build of Not Alone V5.9.4:

0b512effc373ce96cd62f9082483c734.jpg

New Base building trader UI:
f4bf62293d7ca133bdbf504c4b79b30e.jpg

e335e649e1d317dde270f3316294399b.jpg

New Bank UI:
eb0758dcd8ef61d25602ee407d62e74d.jpg

And of course some ACE menu on player action:

44742aa0742dd16bda3236c291671915.jpg

Basebuilding:
6e36334463ee34ab039bf989eced694d.jpg

I won't upload too many screenshots (that's already alot 😂) cause I don't want to nuke the thread, but those are some glances at the newer stuff that's been implemented.

As always you're ALL welcome to join at anytime.

Discord link:
https://discord.gg/r2aT3vp

Cheers as always! 
🍻

• Like 9

@MuRaZorWitchKING

also has Navmesh remapping upon server restart and loading of assets **Zombie proofed**

what what? but how?? =D

16 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

what what? but how?? =D

All I know is that GRAD fortifications, once you make a placement you can still move the objects placed UNTIL a server restart, once the server restarts and statics have been placed it then only allows players to “Demolish fortification”.

through testing me and @RZNUNKWN have noticed that after walls, or barbwire has been placed, and the server restarts, then zombies will walk up to the wall and stand behind it just kind of lurking, they’ll watch you rather than walk through. So I’m fairly sure it updates the navmesh once placed and a restart happens.

With R3F logistics this was never a thing, and alwayssss an issue, but I truly think it also has something to do with keeping that “move object” option available… GRAD locks objects into place upon placement and server restart, before a restart you’re free to “pack up the fortification” and move it, but once server restarts the object is locked in place. 

The objects also act more so like map objects too it’s weird, but I reallllly love this system, I can send you links to their GitHub if you want to look into their code. GRAD really has some badass stuff. 

Feel free to reach out to me on the discord 😉 

🍻

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, interectic said:

Anyway to stop the zombies from having goggles and glasses?

You can put a loop in the init.sqf to find zombies and remove their goggles.  It runs forever, so newly spawned zombies will be found.  Code untested, but I think it will work.

_n = [] spawn 
{
	while {true} do
	{
        {
            removeGoggles _x;
        } foreach allUnits select {(typeOf _x) find "zombie" >= 0};
	sleep 4;
	};
};