18 hours ago, Valken said:

If Ravage team or players sets up only ONE Gabreta server, I will be all over it. I would host one myself but home internet has dynamic IP so it changes all the time.

Well, there’s already literally a 24/7 Ravage server, tho, it's not Gabreta, but rather Cherno Redux...

With a ton of help from @Slay No More I got crafting and Fishing working!

Fishing has been implemented into the server as of last patch, crafting is still a WIP

Short video clip of the new crafting feature coming soon:

Currently (the video only shows) crafting of Ghillie top / Full ghillie / And SVD camo wrap

(hopefully soon there will be a HUGEEEE List of goodies 😉 )

(possible thermal crafting? 👀 )

I am already testing the IED crafting portion, I am also going to be changing the color types (possibly may not) of each craft-able item for example a Large IED will be "RED" and a full ghillie will probably be a dark blue or so and half ghillie + SVD camo wrap will remain white, darker color up to red will be a "Difficulty" meter for crafting.

This is really good news for Heros Survive because not only does this open up crafting for players, but it also opens up EVERY SINGLE object for HS to be utilized, I am making it so that players will need a multimeter (with a battery installed) to even attempt at crafting a bomb of sorts because I am adding quite a lot of electronics in the picture so you will need to collect all you can get!

This also means a TON more ravage loot for bandito's roaming across the wasteland, rare loot will most likely be multitools and laptops, etc... So once you kill a bandit with any "rare" items it'll open up a plethora of other craft-able goodies. (they of course will also be purchase-able)

Stay tuned! 

Cheers! 🍻

(please disregard my monotoned voice :rofl: 🤣 )

• Like 8

If anyone is curious on the crafting bits, I just pushed out a GitHub, feel free to check it out, still in development and working on it currently, ofcourse any and all adaptations / performance updates, etc... Are all welcome! 

The GitHub link can be found in the "Heros Survive" thread via These BI Forums, Figured I wouldn't nuke the Ravage thread with too much  😉 

:drinking2:

We all still need to link up for some Ravage!

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 7:21 AM, corporal_lib[br] said:

Oh Might Haleks... can we have a Zombie Tiger, just like in Army of the Dead? The tiger mod is already out and Ravaged tanoa begs for this beast 😃

Cheers

I can make a zombified version (3D/textures) if people are really interested.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MoonieFR said:

I can make a zombified version (3D/textures) if people are really interested.

I guarantee people are really interested.

You could make it Tony the Tiger from Frosties and we'd love you forever.

• Like 4

I have question Ravagers... Dabbling in EDEN I had setup a safety zone. I can save it as composition as well. Is it possible to store that as a server side spawn or do I need to have it loaded into the mission file, in the same space where I put the Ravage modules?

Where or how do I setup the MP spawn points? Or do I set a few around the same area? What if I want to designate zones the players can spawn in or randomize it?

Also do you recommend Vanderson's Apocalypse to save persistence with @IniDB so I can setup a coop server with friends, leave it online with password so we can replay at the last point?

Right now we just want to setup a test for survival group playing, COOP vs Zombies and AI.

I cannot tell from the Ravage save module or the Wiki how to setup MP spawning. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Valken said:

Where or how do I setup the MP spawn points? 

Anywhere on the map via marker and variable name “respawnwest_1” or whatever side you’re using. Yes you can easily randomize it with BI select random function 

4 hours ago, Valken said:

Also do you recommend Vanderson's Apocalypse to save persistence with @IniDB

VA mod isn’t bad but it has a good bit of bugs, I went back to the script pack. Also IniDB do not use it… That 8mb file size just isn’t Enough at ALL to enjoy time with your buddies, use GRAD. Before I did a server wipe we had 5 - 6 months of saved goods still where we last left them, that is nowhere NEAR what you get with inidb…

Also the mission was still stable that long after server had been running… 

And if you want a mission that is already setup you can host mine or @Slay No More mission files, ours are already setup for GRAD saving and they’re stacked to the brim with features.

Dada in my Discord server even has an escape from Ruha mission with GRAD as well, options are out there you just gotta look.

Or you and your buddies join a server with all this stuff setup entirely up to you, we have multiple options in our discord.

What you’re wanting is easy to obtain though if you go about editing it all yourself, it’ll just take a bit of time.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Anywhere on the map via marker and variable name “respawnwest_1” or whatever side you’re using. Yes you can easily randomize it with BI select random function 

Thank you on this!

VA mod isn’t bad but it has a good bit of bugs, I went back to the script pack. Also IniDB do not use it… That 8mb file size just isn’t Enough at ALL to enjoy time with your buddies, use GRAD. Before I did a server wipe we had 5 - 6 months of saved goods still where we last left them, that is nowhere NEAR what you get with inidb…

Also the mission was still stable that long after server had been running… 

Thanks for the info! I will need to spend some time to understand how the script works!

And if you want a mission that is already setup you can host mine or @Slay No More mission files, ours are already setup for GRAD saving and they’re stacked to the brim with features.

Edit - I fixed it. It was loading 3x of the SAME composition after I checked the objects list in EDEN! 

I tried your mission file and loaded my composition into the main mission as a test.

If I logout, rejoin and respawn, it reloads the composition TWICE! Then ARMA physics kicks and the composition goes crazy.

I believe one instance is from the mission itself after I loaded and saved the mission from EDEN, and another is because of the GRAD save system reloading it as a bunch of objects? 

I tested it by playing the mission in MP mode from 3den. I did not setup a dedicated server yet to try to load it.

Dada in my Discord server even has an escape from Ruha mission with GRAD as well, options are out there you just gotta look.

Or you and your buddies join a server with all this stuff setup entirely up to you, we have multiple options in our discord.

What you’re wanting is easy to obtain though if you go about editing it all yourself, it’ll just take a bit of time.

Thanks for the advice. Diving in and trying to figure it all out bit by bit. Highly appreciate it.

PS: is the TEMPERATURE system listed in Celsius or Fahrenheit? 34 Celsius is HOT! Can we set this to SHOW F or C?

1 hour ago, Valken said:

Edit - I fixed it. It was loading 3x of the SAME composition after I checked the objects list in EDEN! 

You probably need to setup variable names for you composition due to how GRAD works

1 hour ago, Valken said:

PS: is the TEMPERATURE system listed in Celsius or Fahrenheit? 34 Celsius is HOT! Can we set this to SHOW F or C?

Yes this is easily change-able in HS settings in a file. ‘Heros World’

That’s your body temperature, and 34c is not hot for body temperature that’s 93.2f which is hypothermic.

I don’t mind you changing anything within the mission files as long as you keep all this private and no re-releases come from this. I just meant to try it rather than edit it but it, is what it is I guess lol

If you need any additional help PM me in my Discord so we don’t blow up Halek’s thread with scenario talk 

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

You probably need to setup variable names for you composition due to how GRAD works

The object/composition duplication happened again! What I did was SAVE AS into a new mission name, loaded the mission in MP mode and then the composition duplicated over itself. Chaos ensued as the objects performed ARMA aerobatics.

Yes this is easily change-able in HS settings in a file. ‘Heros World’

Thank you.

That’s your body temperature, and 34c is not hot for body temperature that’s 93.2f which is hypothermic.

Noted.

I don’t mind you changing anything within the mission files as long as you keep all this private and no re-releases come from this. I just meant to try it rather than edit it but it, is what it is I guess lol

If you need any additional help PM me in my Discord so we don’t blow up Halek’s thread with scenario talk 

Thanks! 

I'm just playing with it to understand the scripting and MP variable listing. I won't release it and will only use or test the persistence. 

I will ask my mates to play together on your server instead for your mission.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Valken said:

I'm just playing with it to understand the scripting and MP variable listing. I won't release it and will only use or test the persistence. 

I will ask my mates to play together on your server instead for your mission.

Thank you!

No worries, I trust ya

Hell yeah dude, we got a base rolling and even need some competition with other survivors 😉 

No, thank you for giving it a try man 🙂 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

No worries, I trust ya

Hell yeah dude, we got a base rolling and even need some competition with other survivors 😉 

No, thank you for giving it a try man 🙂 

Workshop's RVG_Apex pbo isnt w/e the server is asking for. I can't join it.

Got 3 scenarios at maybe 80% completion...which flavor do we want first? Zargabad, Fellujah or Chernarus? Also gonna push a White Out update sometime soon too me thinks.

13 minutes ago, Recaldy said:

Workshop's RVG_Apex pbo isnt w/e the server is asking for. I can't join it.

You need Rvg_CUP not APEX

Mods required:

CBA_A3
Ravage
CUP Terrains - Core
Chernarus Redux
Ravage CUP
CUP Weapons
CUP Vehicles
CUP Units
Enhanced Movement
Heros survive (either local install or steam workshop)
Drongos Spooks and Anomalies

Any loaded OTHER than the above will auto kick you, due to people constantly attempting to use SSPCM or other ridiculous mods,

🍻

Just for others that may want to join:

Wasteland Walkers Community Server (40 slots) Status:   (Online)
IP: 104.238.222.27

Port: 2312

On 6/29/2021 at 11:04 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Who wants to squad up with me and @RZNUNKWN we got some military bastards up north that need to be taken care of lol, They got Reason when I was dragging him to cover, bastards pushed us from up in the mountain passes hard, it's time to plan our own raid boys, NWAF and the Black mountains. Time to get some LOOT! :shoot:

I'll be back in the server on Saturday, let me know! 😉 🍻

Server details:

Wasteland Walkers Community Server (40 slots) Status: (Online)

IP: 104.238.222.27
Port: 2312

Password: WastelandWalkers

Mods:
CBA_A3
Ravage
CUP Terrains - Core
Chernarus Redux
Ravage CUP
CUP Weapons
Enhanced Movement
Heros survive (either local install or steam workshop)
Drongo's Spooks and Anomolies

I went by this list^ and I got the screenshot error mentioning Apex...but the reply list works...so hey whatever. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2582666556

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Recaldy said:

I went by this list^

yeah I got a newer list rolling, added CUP vehicles and weapons awhile back. New list should do the trick for you, I also just got done with a quick patch, now you can play away.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Recaldy said:

.which flavor do we want first? Zargabad, Fellujah or Chernarus? 

Any one of those middle-eastern flavours would make for a nice change of scene. 

On 8/23/2021 at 3:19 AM, EO said:

Any one of those middle-eastern flavours would make for a nice change of scene. 

Introducing my latest scenario "Ravage: Zargabad at Noon"! Not quite as long as "Takistan Tour" and as Survival-y but its Ravage none the less.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2584310870

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am at my crossroads. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to add custom music in the atmosphere settings for ravage. Nothing I do works and it has me frustrated not being able to figure it out. Nothing I have found on here has helped so far. I can't find the cfgmusic file in the ravage folders. Help would be greatly appreciated. There also isn't a single tutorial on this for some odd reason ig people just don't like to add custom music to these things. Is it really this complicated to do or am I just completely missing the bullseye?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, privileged berserker said:

I am at my crossroads. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to add custom music in the atmosphere settings for ravage. Nothing I do works and it has me frustrated not being able to figure it out. Nothing I have found on here has helped so far. I can't find the cfgmusic file in the ravage folders. Help would be greatly appreciated. There also isn't a single tutorial on this for some odd reason ig people just don't like to add custom music to these things. Is it really this complicated to do or am I just completely missing the bullseye?

For the ravage module to add custom music you have to make your own pbo iirc to get it to register the music.

You can always class your tracks via cfgmusic in the description.ext and then play them through the init.sqf with BI’s select random feature too. 

If you need further help I can send you the init code needed to get it all squared away. 

🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, privileged berserker said:

1 minute ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

You can always class your tracks via cfgmusic in the description.ext and then play them through the init.sqf with BI’s select random feature too. 

This is the method I use for my missions, I recommend this route as well. 

Just to clarify, you will need the following:

Description.ext: 

Spoiler

class CfgMusic
{
    tracks[]={};
    class music1
    {
        name = "music1";
        sound[] = {"\music\music1.ogg", db+7, 1.0};
    };

class music2
    {
        name = "music2";
        sound[] = {"\music\music2.ogg", db+7, 1.0};
    };

class music3
    {
        name = "music3";
        sound[] = {"\music\music3.ogg", db+7, 1.0};
    };
};

So on so forth. 

Make sure that the file directories for each of the tracks are accurate. Take "sound[] = {"\music\music1.ogg", db+7, 1.0}; for example.

Do you see how it says "\music\music1.ogg"? That means the track is in a folder named "music", and the "music" folder, in particular, would be in the mission folder itself. I would recommend keeping all your tracks in a folder like this for convenience purposes.

Init.sqf:

Spoiler

sleep 1;
[["music1","music2","music3"], 240] call BIS_fnc_music;

You may not need the sleep timer, but I have it enabled for my missions. The "240" part is the timer for when the next song should play.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, haleks said:

It is indeed part of the vanilla system, except for the opening bags thing, but that feature only kicks in if you're stealing from someone in a traders group, otherwise Ravage doesn't touch the rating.

I'm assuming you guys shot too many friendlies. ^^

Anyways here's a quick, untested, code to cancel any negative rating :

player addEventHandler ["HandleRating", {
	params ["_unit", "_rating"];
	abs _rating
}];

Run that from initplayerlocal and you bad boys can go crazy. 😉 

Late to the party but I was testing Ravage AI and I found a crew of AI Survivors. They offered to sell me gear and I "looked" into their backpack, did not take anything. 3 seconds later they called me out and shot me point blank! 

I love it. Not going to allow my mates to get away with it. LOL!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, privileged berserker said:

I've spent hours trying to figure out how to add custom music in the atmosphere settings for ravage. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with the method shared by Artey but If you want to create your own addon for custom music specifically for use in the Atmosphere Module, here is a example you can use as a template, it's unbinarized so should be easy enough to edit for your own tastes:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2qfin17eplqrsno/AAB--6WDG5buC3doXvxqidyca?dl=0  (the music in this example is actually the old school DayZ music from the mod we all know and love)

To use music this way load the addon with Ravage then simply copy/paste the music classnames into the Atmosphere Module. (the classnames are contained in a text file within the main folder)

• Like 3