a2089c53c3847b2ed28ada79dd50e705.png

Didn't realize we were playing DayZ SA now boys?

I'm dead :rofl:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So I have been working on learning to make some Ravage missions recently, really enjoying the experience for the most part, but one thing that confuses me is how the respawning of the AI units works?

Sometimes I have moments where the module seems to respawn new units continuously as they die off, and sometimes not. So, sometimes when looking in spectator mode, the map gets populated very well at the start of the mission, but then respawning never seems to happen, and ultimately I have perhaps only one guy walking around somewhere far away. This can happen even while I'm using quite high population factor values, between 6-12.

Right now I'm thinking that maybe my respawning is getting bugged due to perhaps a mod conflict (I do use quite a few) or that I'm not understanding the logic of the module right? Is respawning perhaps tied to the player movement / location somehow? Thanks for any info, and I'd be happy to hear if someone else has had similar issues.

@Dunkelzahn

Mod conflicts could be the issue, maybe share your modset then other seasoned Ravagers can help. 

Your assumption on how the AI module works is pretty accurate, what I would say is using the population multiplier at such large numbers could be a factor, maybe the module can’t deal with constantly spawning/despawning at that level, I rarely go above 3 depending on what map I’m playing on.

🙂

Celebrating over 1000 total subscriptions on my Ravage scenarios I have uploaded "[SP/COOP 5] Ravage: Collecting Feathers" to the steam workshop.

Big thanks to everyone playing my scenarios! I appreciate people playing them before and after needed changes to systems and balancing.

Spoiler

I should play test a LOT more before releasing scenarios.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2556346391

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Recaldy said:

[SP/COOP 5] Ravage: Collecting Feathers

Gosh, well done. I've certainly enjoyed playing your missions. I've just been playing Takistan Tour, which I loved for being something different. At it's core it's maybe not so far from the norm, but the frequent sandstorms change one's whole approach. And the back story, though minimal, gives it a milsim feel quite distinct from most other missions.

I shall look forward to trying this new one... though I initially read it as Collecting Fathers, which would perhaps have been a little different.

Was browsing over the ravage mod's Steam workshop page and saw this, just thought it was a bit funny:

fdefc6fde7695f6f2a0709358c2b8ae1.png

Just perfect...

:rthumb:

Damn good job Haleks, I feel the mod has really exploded this past year! 

:drinking2:

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 1:33 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

a2089c53c3847b2ed28ada79dd50e705.png

Didn't realize we were playing DayZ SA now boys?

I'm dead :rofl:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol, "loot refresh rate" aka "Wallmart restock day". 
people forgot what's the challenge in games these days

• Haha 1

I guess everybody has different playstyles, some like a slog some like an easy life, the beauty of loot modules and scripts is the customization to suit each playstyle, we shouldn't mock especially publicly.

It's a pity the rest of that guys comments weren't uploaded here, if at all, as he gave some good feedback and added bit of balance to his original comments. 

• Like 3

It's always an intractable situation. I remember back when the DayZ mod allowed private hive servers. Almost all of them made loot more plentiful and vehicles commonplace. I realise that's what a lot of people wanted - but for me, I liked the challenge.

I remember once fixing the (only) helicopter on a public server. I found it wrecked and it took me eight very real hours of hunting for and shuttling back and forth with parts to get it fixed. A lot of the time I couldn't even carry a weapon in order to preserve inventory space. I was looking over my shoulder the entire time in case others were waiting to pick me off when I'd finished my work.

To me, that was a thoroughly enjoyable (well, maybe not 'enjoyable' at the time) challenge. To other people, that's an absolute turn-off - they wanted to get on a server where they could crash a helicopter and find another within a couple of minutes. Horses for courses...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EO said:

It's a pity the rest of that guys comments weren't uploaded here

In the end we talked it out, I’m sure he realized his first two initial comments were a bit “bashing” cause I’m not sure about you, but when I initially comment on someone’s work they’re usually good polite comments. And then possibly later what they can improve on. 

I’m not right out of the box “hey, your shit sucks. You should probably change it to the way I want it or I’m not going to play it.”

Then again this is the Internet where all sorts of nasty comments can be made. But I’m also not going to sit there and take flak on a project that I’ve been working on for 3 years lol 😂 

In the end the most recent  patch I re-added searchable loot so there IS more loot now but it’s still very low. But now you can find things on the ground or even through searching.

Every time a loot population argument comes around I still to this day remember in the old DaiZy threads (2018) with @haleks there was some guy arguing about bloodbags not spawning basically telling Haleks that they need to be a thing 😂

So I guess it’s everywhere, but oh well. 

In the end we worked it out and he said he appreciated the work put in, so it’s all good. 

It is a bit frustrating though, when people come out right off the rip shooting at you.

And no, I shouldn’t of posted that here, but at the time I was severely frustrated with a bug going on, and that pretty much did me in. I was already mad enough about my dedicated server being all wonky :smash:

We’re good now. 

8 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

It is a bit frustrating though, when people come out right off the rip shooting at you.

I suspect that most rude complaints on free modding content are just lonely people who need someone's attention. A constructive suggestion is not the same thing as a complaint. Most people who play something that they do not enjoy, do not bother to complain about it to the creator, especially if it's something they didn't personally pay for and basically just came along to check it out. Most of the people who speak up, are people who see potential and really want something slightly more out of what they are already getting. A lot of these people are hard to please. They typically want more, more, more and they want to put the least effort in possible to achieve that. (not buying DLC, not donating to the creator when they make demands for changes)

You know my policy. I basically couldn't care less about people's demands. I make the content I make for myself first, I share that content with my friends. If other people want to check it out and play. That's cool. It not, I couldn't care less. I'm not running a business here and these people are not my customers. If I were, I would be making my own video games in Unreal Engine and staying far away from modding. I often set steam workshop content to not allow comments, and force people to join a Discord if they need troubleshooting. This cuts back on 90% of the negativity and people who just want to complain, because they simply do not want to put more effort into the whole complaint by joining a Discord. If someone truly cares, they won't mind elaborating on a Discord. I have a theory that some people just want to complain publicly, and when you take that public forum away and offer a private conversation, they just don't want to discuss the issue.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

They typically want more, more, more and they want to put the least effort in possible to achieve that. (not buying DLC, not donating to the creator when they make demands for changes)

I couldn't agree more with this.

This is why with recent talking to @Slay No More I just got done pushing another patch to TBR ~

basically if you use more than the recommended amount of mods you will get a mission failed banner now, it is a bit of a crude move on my end but to be frank, the MOST complaints I receive are from people who are using like 40 different mods, SSPCM, some sort of debugger, RHS, You get my drift, the list goes on and on.

So I guess that's that then, if you don't want to play the scenario the way it was initially designed to be played then go explore the workshop. My scenario isn't the only one on the workshop and these negative or snide commenting people need to realize that. Hell, I know of plenty of authors who enjoy the high loot stuff, or like more of that retro style game play @ArteyFlow and me have even bickered on loot, he likes the high loot stuff and ground loot, I do not, we've sorted our differences and moved past that though which I think everyone should once they speak about it.

it all boils down to personal preference and if someone gets that mad about it they can always give a go at scenario building, this is EXACTLY the reason why our dear @haleks made this glorious mod a framework after all. 🤘

End of rant, time to go unload on some pesky bandits. 😉 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Ravage: Phoenix Edition

Hey! That looks familiar… 😆😆

You should be here with the Monsoons, you think those dust storms are crazy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Hey! That looks familiar… 😆😆

You should be here with the Monsoons, you think those dust storms are crazy 

Haha.  When is @haleksgoing to create a flash flood script? 😁

You're in Phoenix?  You should have a beer with @AZCoder some time.  I know I would if I was down there!   🍻

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Haha.  When is @haleksgoing to create a flash flood script? 😁

You're in Phoenix?  You should have a beer with @AZCoder some time.  I know I would if I was down there!   🍻

Dude those flash floods are no joke, a lot of people die each year from that stuff, a lot of people hit some of the trails out here when it’s raining and then their 4x4 ends up getting swept away in 3 feet of water 😬😬

I’m in AZ yeah, not Phoenix but very close. And yeah true AZcoder does live here 🤣🤣

The trails are fun though, especially when it snows up in 4peaks in the winter time. ❄️ 

• Like 2

I'm in the southern part of the state. It has rained here almost every single day this month. I have a bunch of grass in my desert rock yard ... never dries out enough to kill it, although I did salt it and it's turning yellow. When I lived in Phoenix, I had a doctor of mine admit that she was caught in a flash flood and billed under the "stupid driver" law for needing to be rescued.

• Like 1

I also forgot to mention @johnnyboy us Arizonan’s call a dust storm a Haboob.

While at work seeing a dust storm “A shit a Haboobie!!! I’m going to hit that on the way home… 👀😆

Speaking of Storms when we all going to play Ravage together and storm a raid together?

:shoot:

Also, Johnny you should help me with setting up one of your giants (Ice giant / Sasquatch ) up in the black mountains of Chernarus Redux, I could use a mountainous beast lurking up in the mountains, I’ll keep good loot up there still too. “Damn look at all this lootie! Wait… What was that thumping…?” ~ Queue JurassicPark water glass… 

I’m sure @RZNUNKWN would love another type of anomaly or creature lurking the wilds… 👀👀

🤘

• Like 1

Mine and @RZNUNKWN new base location 🙂 with a working genny! Soon I'm going to be reworking the base-building from finding stuff across the map, to the R3F creation factory via a trader, just gotta get GRAD tuned in a bit more but so far, so good! 

c777e450daf68cf2e0e66380148ce7a0.jpg

b21fdc248a6ff4b25dc0f058feb58003.jpg

70a2d2f2a8cacf95aa7a7606f0e4bd9a.jpg

I even stumbled across one of GF's old threads for a vehicle locking script, so now Heros Car keys are being put to good use! Now you gotta find / buy a key if you want to own / have access to vehicles (not vehicle specific) but it even locks the vehicles inventory so no pick pockets!!

:slayer:

• Like 4

On 7/29/2021 at 6:56 AM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Speaking of Storms when we all going to play Ravage together and storm a raid together?

I'm on @MuRaZorWitchKING server most of the time (all the time lol), so, Ravage + HS + Drongos Spooks, it's a perfect combination of the apocalypse world(server).

I mean, the scenario is pretty hardcore and won't hold your hand at all, but if you play smart, you'll make it. Zeds are a real threat and don't get fooled even by the walkers... and when the night falls... well, it's a whole new different story.

Whoever is looking for a challenge, feel free to join, but you gotta admit when you rage quit.... like I did.... numerous times. :icon_biggrin:

Is there any chance of support for Gabreta (CSLA CDLC) structures and their proxies? Most structures have some really nice furniture layouts.

If there's some code or script that returns information required I'd be happy to do the leg work. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

If there was Ravage CSLA cDLC support, it would make it much easier for me to open that empty wallet of mine! Paying for it will be another issue... LOL!

• Like 3

@Valken

Putting the post-apocalyptic to one side, Gabreta is one of the prettiest pieces of terrain created for the series, and harks back to some of the classic European terrains made or Arma 2. The CDLC has come in for some harsh criticism but I'm happy to have paid the rather modest sum just for the terrain alone. I firmly believe the time and effort involved in terrain making should be rewarded, we are very spoiled that those who make terrains do so without much/any financial reward at the back end.

Getting back to the post-apocalyptic, Gabreta perfectly fits the scene for a classic piece of European turf where an outbreak has just recently happened. I've been playing out a wee scenario where there are no zombies at the outset, but any bandits that are killed will rise as one, plays out in a very believable natural evolution.

• Like 2

I agree about the quality of Gabreta! It is amazing and right up there fitting into CWR and CUP 2020 maps... The quality has come a long way since ARMA2.

I was only turned off by CSLA due to the weapon sounds and lack of missions (which they fixed with a surprised of a Campaign!) which made me hesitant.

Now even with all that,  I would want to actually base build and survive with buddies on Gabreta!  It feels it is a terrain or virtual home worth fighting for. Just need some rudimentary or port Exiles base building feature over, add Ravage and we have a great alternative scenario to go on. 

Lastly, I see the cDLC is only ~ 10 USD right now, it is the right price especially knowing now Steam takes 30%, BIS takes ~ 30% so the cDLC team is left with ~ 3 USD after any taxes! I feel the dev team deserve more than 3 USD and buying it on discount would take  too much away from the development team.

If Ravage team or players sets up only ONE Gabreta server, I will be all over it. I would host one myself but home internet has dynamic IP so it changes all the time.