Also @haleks I forgot to ask, but is there anyway to remove the rating system? Playing with friends we gift items / share food and medical items via backpack just cause it is easier to trade items this way... Is there anyway to remove the rating system for pick pocketing / shooting people on the same side?

It's hard entering a safezone if you're classed as a renegade as the AI instantly recognize you as a "threat" and start shooting you...

It's also an annoyance when you're playing with friends and you have to get out of the vehicle everyone is trying to get in as once you're a renegade it "soft locks" the vehicle you're in.

I'm assuming this is also a base Arma system setting as well eh? 

On 7/6/2021 at 9:49 AM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Also @haleks I forgot to ask, but is there anyway to remove the rating system? Playing with friends we gift items / share food and medical items via backpack just cause it is easier to trade items this way... Is there anyway to remove the rating system for pick pocketing / shooting people on the same side?

It's hard entering a safezone if you're classed as a renegade as the AI instantly recognize you as a "threat" and start shooting you...

It's also an annoyance when you're playing with friends and you have to get out of the vehicle everyone is trying to get in as once you're a renegade it "soft locks" the vehicle you're in.

I'm assuming this is also a base Arma system setting as well eh? 

It is indeed part of the vanilla system, except for the opening bags thing, but that feature only kicks in if you're stealing from someone in a traders group, otherwise Ravage doesn't touch the rating.

I'm assuming you guys shot too many friendlies. ^^

Anyways here's a quick, untested, code to cancel any negative rating :

player addEventHandler ["HandleRating", {
	params ["_unit", "_rating"];
	abs _rating
}];

Run that from initplayerlocal and you bad boys can go crazy. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will give that a go next time I post a patch, thanks mate! 

🍻 

I could’ve sworn popping into other players bags adds bad rating too, but I’m not entirely sure… Hopefully this will fix that, on another note players can no longer steal from traders anymore anyhow with the use of HALs traders as all items on the trader are dynamic 🤣🤣

So either way this should fix it up quite nicely 😁

@haleks

Not sure if it was asked before, or if it's already in the mod (although i haven't noticed it), but would it be possible to make zombies react to flashlights, weapon lights, vehicle lights, burning campfires and shoulder mounted chemlights? I often walk around at night with a light on and zombies don't seem to notice me. I think it would be a cool feature if they could react to it (zeds close would start to run to it and those which are a bit further would walk towards it)

9 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

@haleks

Not sure if it was asked before, or if it's already in the mod (although i haven't noticed it), but would it be possible to make zombies react to flashlights, weapon lights, vehicle lights, burning campfires and shoulder mounted chemlights? I often walk around at night with a light on and zombies don't seem to notice me. I think it would be a cool feature if they could react to it (zeds close would start to run to it and those which are a bit further would walk towards it)

If I remember correctly there is a part of the zombies' code that do increases the visibility the zombies have of other units if those units have their flashlights on.

I guess that the next Ravage version's code would have to incorporate vehicle lights too, since zombies will attack vehicles in future versions.

Regarding chemlights and campfires, not only it would be kinda hard to do (considering how complex the zombies already are) but the benefits of having such feature might be lower than all the new checks each zombie would have to perform impacting performance and their other behaviors.

• Like 1

Finally got around to giving 'The Burning Rain' a VERY MUCH needed patch, (after 4 months? sheesh...) I moved everything over to the new systems, new UI, new Loot, the ambient sounds are amazing. (thanks again GF 🙏 ) The night time atmosphere with Drongo's mod added... It's all finally blended into one project. 

It is about damn time.

If any of you wanna check it out you know where to look, same place on the workshop where it's been for a good while now even after being mistakenly deleted... TWICE! 😬

The Burning Rain V3.0 Rebirth

Hope you all enjoy! Some of you who haven't played it in awhile will probably pick up on the differences quite early, as well as possibly the smoothness as well. 

Now then, I'm off to hunt some rabbits for this cozy fire... 

🐇 

Cheers 🍻

• Like 6

On 5/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, LSValmont said:

Both the latest version of my vZombies and my vDogs are included in a mission file you can play right away.

I figure since I'm up to date so to speak, on my scenario's I'm now going to look into these...

Most likely though your system is going to get added into the dedi and TBR! :slayer:

I'll let you know when it's patched into the dedi for you to do your own test runs as well. 😉

Any tips to getting them to spawn? I'm assuming they don't work with ravage zombies? Like they're their own other entity?

• Like 1

Me and @RZNUNKWN just had the craziest encounter with bandits 🤣

we were rolling down the coastline in our truck and it’s night time, I saw the campfire from a distance so I pulled off the road and we got out to investigate, while doing so and when we got down to maybe two guys left Reason took a hit to the chest from a lee enfield and needed to be stabilized, so I tapped the dude with the enfield, and got Reason back on his feet after dragging him off the roof into cover.

Reason was back in action, I was the only one with thermal at the moment cause we had a rough start on joining (long story short our MRAP was ambushed, and was destroyed)

So we killed the last dude, we’re looting, a dude had a diesel jerry can so I figured I’d grab that and fill it up. 

As I run to the fuel pump and tell reason to watch my back I’m sitting there, Jerry can is about half full. Then all of a sudden I hear reason “DUDE! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE PUMP! LOOK TO YOUR LEFT!!! MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!” 

So I glance to my left and literally a group of probably 10 - 15 bandits is just approaching us on the road, thank god it was night time or it would’ve been a rough fight.

We crawled to the nearest fuel station and basically layed in there proned out waiting for these bastards to leave. But TWO STAYED BEHIND! So we both basically looked at each other and we knew we’d have to get out of there mag dumping into bandits and zeds lol 😆 

Shit was absolutely insane though, the Ravage bandits, and even zombies always know how to make a scenario go from 1 to 100 real quick 🤣🤣

:shoot:

• Like 8

9 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I figure since I'm up to date so to speak, on my scenario's I'm now going to look into these...

Most likely though your system is going to get added into the dedi and TBR! :slayer:

I'll let you know when it's patched into the dedi for you to do your own test runs as well. 😉

Any tips to getting them to spawn? I'm assuming they don't work with ravage zombies? Like they're their own other entity?

Actually that was a rushed work only meant for Haleks to give him some ideas for his upcoming improved ravage zombies.

Since then I've updated the zombies and the dogs for a future full release with all the bells and whistles (plus lots of clean ups).

Stay tuned!

• Like 5

Is there a way to latch onto the sleep event (via handler or otherwise) so that every time a player sleeps I can call a function? In Rvg 1.0 or 2.0.

@HereIsJones: None that I can think of. :/

It never is an ideal approach, but I guess you could monitor the player's "rvg_hoursSlept" variable from a loop, and run your code everytime it goes up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we have an auto-run feature in one of the next updates? (If that's possible, just like auto-run)

Assuming most Ravagers use the dynamic speed animation setting, wouldn't an autorun feature kinda get in the way of the fatigue system, meaning your not gonna be autorunning for very long before the effects kick in.

I guess it would be practicable for a fresh spawn carrying no gear or if disabling fatigue altogether.

.....besides I'm old and prefer autowalking everywhere these days. :rthumb: 

• Haha 2

Autorun needs stamina OFF. No way it works without it.

It is good for FAST pace missions and yes, it has its uses on a DayZ server for loot runs due to long travel times.

If there are no cars, autorun is a must.

If there are base building, autorun is a must.

If there are traders and trading, autorun is a must.

If there are looting, autorun is a must.

If the whole point is to complete a mission with an ending, autorun is a maybe.

Some testing for missions with a long delayed stamina, such as 15-20x as SLOW might be a good balance.

In DayZ, you can autorun via mods, but when you AIM with hold breath, stamina starts to drop in standing mode.

Stamina depletes slower in kneeling and even slower in prone shooting stance.

Something like this might be a better balance for Ravage.

In DayZ, my autorun mod was a nickel wedged into the "w" key to hold it down. True story.

Also... O! Captain, my captain (Haleks), do you have a release date for RVG 2.0? Not a big deal, I'm just working on something that should be ready in 4-6 weeks, and I'm wondering if I should wait to release in 2.0. Unless the date is a secret.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Valken said:

Autorun needs stamina OFF. No way it works without it.

It is good for FAST pace missions and yes, it has its uses on a DayZ server for loot runs due to long travel times.

If there are no cars, autorun is a must.

If there are base building, autorun is a must.

If there are traders and trading, autorun is a must.

If there are looting, autorun is a must.

If the whole point is to complete a mission with an ending, autorun is a maybe.

Some testing for missions with a long delayed stamina, such as 15-20x as SLOW might be a good balance.

In DayZ, you can autorun via mods, but when you AIM with hold breath, stamina starts to drop in standing mode.

Stamina depletes slower in kneeling and even slower in prone shooting stance.

Something like this might be a better balance for Ravage.

DayZ mod didn't have an autorun feature. It's not really a "must" but rather a personal preference. Running around for half an hour definitely gets repetitive for most, so I definitely see the appeal, but it's still not a requirement for enjoying the game experience.

Just now, HereIsJones said:

In DayZ, my autorun mod was a nickel wedged into the "w" key to hold it down. True story.

Also... O! Captain, my captain (Haleks), do you have a release date for RVG 2.0? Not a big deal, I'm just working on something that should be ready in 4-6 weeks, and I'm wondering if I should wait to release in 2.0. Unless the date is a secret.

"In DayZ, my autorun mod was a nickel wedged into the "w" key to hold it down. True story."

^^^ This man speaks the golden truth

• Like 2

I was talking about DayZ SA. There is / was NO basebuilding in DayZ mod, unless it was modded.

So when you base up, loot for materials, repeat ad nauseum, you need at least stamina OFF so you can do your W runs or have auto run enabled.

If PVP only, no base building, autorun is optional. 

We went from Auto running, to DayZ Mod, to DayZ SA 😆😆😆

I’m just over here working my ass off trying to get ACE3 mod medical stuff working with playernamespace saving. Server going to be lit 🔥 (And yes, due to recent or at some point ACE3 patch, Ravage + Ace medical is now compatible 😉 zeds cause Avulsions and bruising on hit sight) 

We’ll have a server event too, whoever gets the first tourniquet put on from trying to run from Haleks minion zombies and snaps their leg from jumping off a building running from zombies, that person can have a free MRAP 

Once they gimp all the way to @RZNUNKWN back at our base 🤣🤣

No promises he won’t dome you though, CSAT Ghillie FTW!!! 🙌 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Valken said:

I was talking about DayZ SA. There is / was NO basebuilding in DayZ mod, unless it was modded.

So when you base up, loot for materials, repeat ad nauseum, you need at least stamina OFF so you can do your W runs or have auto run enabled.

If PVP only, no base building, autorun is optional. 

I was actually only using DayZ mod as an example, I wasn't mentioning it just because you mentioned DayZ in your previous post. Most of the time, you're too busy looking around for other players or whatever to even think about how monotonous the constant running is. 

Anyways, I didn't initially realize that you were mentioning autorun because of DayZ SA's stamina system, so I have no opinion on that since I don't really play DayZ SA. 

Like @ArteyFlow said: "a personal preference - not a requirement for enjoying the game experience". I just asked can it be added as a feature.

- use it wisely, where areas are safe, toggle it and run
-  you'd be well aware if you toggle it that you're gonna deplete your stamina, hence, no need for disabled stamina
- even if you deplete all of it, you're still running 

It's not like you're gonna toggle it and go take a shower or something like that :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeahhhhhh, so no dice with the ACE3 additions, the medical and everything works 100% me and @Slay No More worked on persistency and thanks to the man himself we got it going with GRAD via custom var, although with the medical system, the problem lies where ACE gets it's damage types from ie ("bullet", "stab", "punch") etc... It will all save but weirdly when I was testing it would only save your ACE damage if you were moderately wounded, low damage meant no saving at ALL for ACE medical. Which means players could have a bloodied screen, log, relog and poof no more ailments via medical menu 'treatment menu' however, when I'd wreck my truck like 3 times purposely to stack damage and I'd get Avulsions, cuts, etc... It'd save perfectly! Lol

So I just gave up, but I did find out that ACE medical does work with Ravage, they just need some sort of health saving system so you don't have to go through the trouble of writing a database just to save some vars...  

• Like 2

Photo's from The Reach...

7c96a32a3a6fc52b2b53b181396305ef.jpg

78f834438799fd7b1d8953c1ae080973.jpg

The new zone requires specified gear to enter, if you don't have the required gear you'll suffocate to your demise. A low, droning hum can be heard in the zone... Still noone knows what it is or where it comes from... 

3 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

The new zone requires specified gear to enter

Them trainers is casual...

That's 'sneakers' in 'Mercan.

• Haha 1