So I can finally get into my server but now there's this:

b0a662e86144e38da78983c1a6a92e46.png

I updated every single mod and now I'm getting errors like:

17:48:15 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarusredux\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item2.type: Vehicle class Ravage_ai no longer exists
17:48:15 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarusredux\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item3.type: Vehicle class Ravage_zombies no longer exists
17:48:15 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarusredux\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item4.type: Vehicle class Ravage_atmosphere no longer exists
17:48:15 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarusredux\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item5.type: Vehicle class Ravage_debug no longer exists
17:48:15 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarusredux\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item6.type: Vehicle class Ravage_settings no longer exists

• Like 1

We're back to rolling boys, Wasteland Walkers Community Ravage server is rollin' again. Looking at everything I believe this was some sort of weird steam workshop error, as with the patch right after Ravage had updated I got a weird Ravage mod error that displayed the Ravage mod's Steam workshop ID and once it did that it auto kicked me from joining. 

I tried multiple different fixes but the main culprit was something to do with my command line, it hasn't been touched in the 5 months or so that the server has been running, PMing Haleks the errors, he mentioned something about those errors being from mods not loading, or what it looked like.

The command line still was the same that I've had it from Day 1 of server start up, so I figured that wasn't the issue, tried again, same errors, so eventually I just opened the Command line settings for the mods being loaded saved it again and retried, server fired right up...

I think this was more so an issue with Steam Workshop rather than ravage, as Haleks stated that:

Something's definitely wrong with Steam : these days it's been updating something from the workshop at each boot - except it says 0/0 Kbits downloaded and nothing actually updates... Weird.

If any of you are running a dedicated server before this ravage patch and run into these issues reconfigure your command line (mod load order) and try that, along with updating all mods and reinstalling them.

We're back!

🍻

• Like 6

Tiny hotfix :

Fixed:
Hotfix for vegetation config on Malden.
+ Further tweaks to CfgSurfaceCharacters.

I realised the previous update messed up the configs for Malden, causing it to be completely devoid of vegetation... :/

The update only changes a few config lines, no need to update your missions guys. 😉 

• Like 1

Home base is looking better than ever, and the server is running better than ever! Aside from needing to scrounge for another Blackhawk cause @ArteyFlow decided to not put the landing gear down on one of our landings... :rofl:

df20f965a3564776ea952de63c03964a.jpg

Storage is still working fine after 5 months too, GRAD sure makes it easy picking up right where you left off 😉 

eaf0bc43625e743b6b6c5aae38839ea4.jpg

I'm seriously loving HS with ravage, not just the smooth UI, but the new systems are seriously bringing back that DayZ mod vibes too! :slayer:

67622364a7b4f3808f242479c8dd81e1.jpg

If any of you guys are still interested in joining the server, you're always welcome! 

https://discord.gg/r2aT3vp

Current Server features:

GRAD saving, whether players are in the server or not, GRAD saves every 20 minutes to ensure your vehicles, and base items are right where you left them
Heros Survive mod, temperature, sickness, a plethora of inventory items that are use-able with a bit of scripting... Mixed with ravage it's GODLY

jakeHeke's DMD mission spawner system, whether 1 or 40 people are in the server dynamic missions will spawn around the map (raids, invasions)

VD's Bandit camps, shipwrecks, and crashsites! more loot!
R3F mod, everything from transporting tanks via helicopter, to loading cargo crates into vehicles for shipment back to base, oh and towing vehicles! 

Ambient military forces to the North of Chernarus
And much, much, more! And some stuff to come in later! Hopefully...

I'd like to personally thank @RZNUNKWN @tourist @ArteyFlow @Gill93 And anyone else who has helped me with this project. From the hundreds of hours of testing, and more so playing 😉 you guys rock!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

aa09c570c235baaa075b652f7d43e515.jpg

Who wants to squad up with me and @RZNUNKWN we got some military bastards up north that need to be taken care of lol, They got Reason when I was dragging him to cover, bastards pushed us from up in the mountain passes hard, it's time to plan our own raid boys, NWAF and the Black mountains. Time to get some LOOT! :shoot:

I'll be back in the server on Saturday, let me know! 😉 🍻

Server details:

Wasteland Walkers Community Server (40 slots) Status: (Online)

IP: 104.238.222.27
Port: 2312

Password: WastelandWalkers

Mods:
CBA_A3
Ravage
CUP Terrains - Core
Chernarus Redux
Ravage CUP
CUP Weapons
Enhanced Movement
Heros survive (either local install or steam workshop)
Drongo's Spooks and Anomolies

Edited by MuRaZorWitchKING
Server details
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

aa09c570c235baaa075b652f7d43e515.jpg

Who wants to squad up with me and @RZNUNKWN we got some military bastards up north that need to be taken care of lol, They got Reason when I was dragging him to cover, bastards pushed us from up in the mountain passes hard, it's time to plan our own raid boys, NWAF and the Black mountains. Time to get some LOOT! :shoot:

I'll be back in the server on Saturday, let me know! 😉 🍻

Server details:

Wasteland Walkers Community Server (40 slots) Status: (Online)

IP: 104.238.222.27
Port: 2312

Password: WastelandWalkers

Mods:
CBA_A3
Ravage
CUP Terrains - Core
Chernarus Redux
Ravage CUP
CUP Weapons
Enhanced Movement
Heros survive (either local install or steam workshop)

Set the mission time! Roger Tango!

• Like 1

As of next update, vehicles will take a pounding...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

fourbe.gif

At long last, zombies can actually hit and push vehicles around, with audio feedback and everything.

The feature will auto-scale with the custom damage parameter - in some cases zombies might be able to knock your truck over...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sierra-G339 'Digger' said:

[...] gunky tracks

And that's going to be the name of my new band.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, haleks said:

So happy about those suckers getting a much deserved update!

Hopefully we can work together on a scripted save system in the future. I need that for my missions and you are getting very good at it 😉 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Hopefully we can work together on a scripted save system in the future. I need that for my missions and you are getting very good at it 😉 

Wait until you see the system I've been making for Remnant - the Ravage one is starting to look prehistorical. ^^

I have something really robust now to work client-side... With Remnant I'm laying down the foundations for future spawn systems relying on procedural generation : a lot of things like wrecks or camps will persist through server reboots without the need to save everything. A seed combined with a few variables will be enough to repopulate the world as it was; and the client side system will be able to recognise if a player used a mission-placed vehicle and restore it to its previous state. With both approaches combined, that's near complete persistency without database management or performance cost. Still need to do a server side version though, and decide how far I can go with this...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/20/2021 at 11:55 AM, haleks said:

Large chunks of the code are going to change

I'm exciting about the changes you're making. If you don't mind, I'd like to make a few suggestions. I want to say up front that I wont be offended if you ignore or disagree with these suggestions because I'm thankful for the work you've done. I hope these are constructive suggestions.

Suggestion: boolean flags similar to "canspawnzeds" for turning on/off individual AI faction spawning.

Discussion: I've found it very helpful to separate the AI from the zombies to a certain degree. The reason I do this is because, if you turn everything on at once, every time you enter a city it plays out in a very similar fashion: (1) the AI starts shooting zombies (2) all the zombies move to one side of the city (3) the zombies pretty much wreck the AI (4) you can loot the other side of the city with no zombies to bother you (5) you can loot the AI bodies for free guns, unless they turned into zombies

So what I do is, I use triggers to delete green and red AI around large cities (the safe zone doesn't currently work, so I just manually delete them), and I use another trigger to turn off the zombies (by setting "canspawnzeds") over a large area of the map in the North where there are no large cities. What this simulates is: the bandits live in the North and have cleaned out most zombies, and only a few lone yellow AI venture down south.

It works out really well, I think. I turn the zombie spawn rates way, way up. When I go down south, the zombies are a real problem, and there are no AI getting slaughtered. When I go up north, I have to fight the AI because there are no zombies.

My suggestion is that you provide flags like, "canSpawnRedAI" and "canSpawnGreenAI" etc.

Suggestion: delay/stagger AI spawns by random amounts

Discussion: currently, when you enter a city and trigger AI bandit patrols, they all spawn simultaneously and instantly. As a result, every time you enter a city, there is always a bandit patrol right there - right on top of you. It's too predictable, and it's too repetitive.

My suggestion is that you stagger their spawns by some random delay, and spawn them in a random order. I predict that what this will result in, from the players perspective, is that sometimes you'll think "oh, I guess there are no AI in the area" - but then they surprise you. Also, this should limit the frequency of the AI fighting each other. When they show up at the same time, they often seem to encounter each other.

Basically, I think this will mean that the player has to keep his guard up.

Suggestion: check for waypoints that are in water.

I notice a lot of times on coastal cities that the AI run through the city and swim out into the ocean.

Thanks for your time, to anyone who read all of this.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, haleks said:

Wait until you see the system I've been making for Remnant - the Ravage one is starting to look prehistorical. ^^

I have something really robust now to work client-side... With Remnant I'm laying down the foundations for future spawn systems relying on procedural generation : a lot of things like wrecks or camps will persist through server reboots without the need to save everything. A seed combined with a few variables will be enough to repopulate the world as it was; and the client side system will be able to recognise if a player used a mission-placed vehicle and restore it to its previous state. With both approaches combined, that's near complete persistency without database management or performance cost. Still need to do a server side version though, and decide how far I can go with this...

Server side would be perfect! But server side saving requires a different approach compared to single player in the fact that you should only save the minimum amount of items to preserve the desired gameplay and immersion.  For example for MP I actually don't think that randomly generated (via scripts) stuff should be saved at all (Not units, enemy camps, vehicles, wrecks etc).

For MP just by saving:

1) Mission placed vehicles (Should be named on the editor too),

2) The status (Location, Health, Inventory, Money, Hunger etc) of all players,

3) Player placed objects (like bases, roadblocks etc) but even those should just be saved only near a player placed flag pole and limiting one pole per player so you don't have hundreds of player placed items all around the world on reload (for performance and save time considerations)

4) Player placed map markers,

5) And finally the important variables.

Is more than enough.

I have seen MP saving scripts that bring the saving optimizations to the next level by saving different things at different times. For example they save a particular player's  (Location, Health, Inventory, Money, Hunger etc) when they press escape (to Disconnect) and the other heavier stuff (Status of vehicles, player placed objects, markers etc. when the Host disconnects (Or the last player disconnected from the server).

I guess you could have both options, a manual save option and an automatic save option and when starting a mission you get a small UI with the options to: "Start a new adventure (Deletes all previous saved data)", "Load a previous Manual Save" and "Continue from last Autosave". etc.

The dynamically placed items, vehicles, buildings and enemies will regenerate again via their scripts anyway and that also creates the illusion that when the player/s left things continued happening (like the server never stopped). In fact after loading a saved game in multiplayer you could add a text that says: "You wake up from a few hours of rest" etc so that will explain why some things are now not exactly were they where and will be dynamically spawned somewhere else now. 😉 ( Like enemies, vehicles and their camps etc moved while the player was resting 😃 ) 

For very important NPCs like traders etc I disable damage and just make them "unconscious" when getting shot but players can heal them back up and on server restart we could assume that any unconscious NPCs were auxiliated by someone else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valken said:

Set the mission time! Roger Tango!

Hell yeah man probably around… 

22:00 MST

on 7/3/21 

I work a 15 hour shift that day, so we’ll see where I’m at on sleep deprivation 🤣🤣🤣

Also, @haleks have you dipped into GRAD  persistency yet? They may point you in the right direction towards more persistency. 🙂 

Hell, they even allow saving custom variables via description.ext 

Maybe you could get some sort of combination for the GRAD system and ravage…? 

Just ideas 😉 

Also, those new zombies are going to be pretty interesting in My MRAP 👀👀👀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Maybe you could get some sort of combination for the GRAD system and ravage…? 

Grad is amazing indeed, all it needs is some custom UIs, one for manually saving if the player desires to do so and one that pops up at the start of a mission or server reload with the options to "Start a new adventure (Deletes all previous saved data)", "Load a previous Manual Save" and "Continue from last Autosave".

In fact the devs of Grad are so amazing that they quickly respond to suggestions and feature requests. I asked them to be able to save triggers and so they added that!

For some reason thou I struggled with getting GRAD to save some variables but that was perhaps an older faulty version.

I use keypress handlers to save player progress, ESC key to be exact. Works like a charm!

As for the custom variables GRAD can be a bit weird, usually for custom variables I just use playernamespace as it is faster than GRAD cause I believe it’s loaded instantly on JIP players (could be wrong though)

@Slay No More actually helped me setup the health variable saver, he saves hundreds of variables with GRAD. Dude knows what he’s doing for sure!

But yes, GRAD is a must for any persistent battlefield type scenario or base building, and like you said the devs are quick to respond/ add new goodies! 😁

Just remember you can always call GRAD functions pretty much for whatever you like, eventually I’d like to setup some sort of system for on last player disconnect, it’ll pop a GRAD save or something of those sorts… For now though the 20 minute saves are working wonderfully.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@Slay No More actually helped me setup the health variable saver, he saves hundreds of variables with GRAD. Dude knows what he’s doing for sure!

That is great to know, that Slay No More is the guy for that!

But actually considering how much Haleks has perfected his knowledge about Arma 3's capabilities we might have a GRAD contender on the horizon! 😉

• Like 1

I was jumping in and out of DayZ and Ravage and had another "not original" idea.

Is there a player HIVE or BANK system for ARMA 3 that we can use for Ravage?

The idea is a group of servers can use the same HIVE to transfer the same "player" from one server to another and allow them to keep stats and gear, so long as they did not die, or have insured their gear or loot. This was part of Dean Halls' signature design in the original DayZ mod before it went "open source" by the community.

Example:

Cherno Server, Livonia Server

Player A starts in Cherno, loots, gears up, runs missions, maybe build  base and is nearly finished.

Player B starts in Livonia, does the same.

Both server running near identical mod sets - Vanilla, Friths, CUP or RHS for example.

Player A receives distress call from Player B to assists.

Player A gotos trader, pays a fee to facilitate a transfer to Server B (saves gear to HIVE). Saving gear locally on body or base is only available on that terrain or game world.

Player A is logged off by server (virtual transfer en route) , logs into Server B at the trader.

Withdraws gear, and proceeds to link up with Player B on Livonia.

So long as the gear exists on both servers, then they can do a transfer or when they arrive at the destination server, and if some mods or gear are prohibited from customs entry, is left in the hive to used on servers that allow it.

It can be expanded way further if BASE BUILDING was allowed on ARMA 3 like Epoch or DayZ:

At the base, a player can requests asset transfer from the base.

An AI cargo container is dropped off via heli from the "Logistics Company -  Ravage Logistics, Inc."

The player then loads whatever they want to transfer.

The player requests a pickup (land or air) and pays a fee or it is held in escrow for pickup (fee is paid right before taking goods at other server).

Optionally let player or AI raiders a chance to attack the cargo in transit from base to trader or port to increase immersion on MP PVP servers

Player logs into other server, goes to trader, request asset pickup and has to pay a fee (can be calculated based on virtual weight or a fixed cargo costs). 

Then the player gears up and goes on his way or brings the gear to his new base or friend's base on another terrain.

It would be pretty cool if the community shared a hive and each on runs a unique server then lets the player transfer their experience and loot over to a new server and vice versa. Definitely helps to keep the alive feeling in the world.

9 minutes ago, Valken said:

The idea is a group of servers can use the same HIVE to transfer the same "player" from one server to another

Most likely possibly via MySQL server or something along the lines of it, you could possibly even make some sort of system to basically load a Ravage MP save from a certain server with certain names. 

It’s definitely 100% possible, though I wouldn’t say it’d be easy 🤣

🤘

On 6/30/2021 at 8:18 AM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Hell yeah man probably around… 

22:00 MST

on 7/3/21 

Yeah.... That did happen at all, I feel asleep right after I got home I was dead 💀 🤣

Today though I'm on most the day, and as I said earlier it is 24/7 ran so no need to get a hold of anyone to join, you guys can join whenever you please! :supercool:

On 6/30/2021 at 5:38 AM, haleks said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

fourbe.gif

At long last, zombies can actually hit and push vehicles around, with audio feedback and everything.

The feature will auto-scale with the custom damage parameter - in some cases zombies might be able to knock your truck over...

This is also going to be a crazy update having in the Server cause I just added in Drongo's Spooks and Anomalies.

@RZNUNKWN and @Gill93 pointed me towards the mod, and after looking at the mod trailer I knew I had to add it. I made it to where the anomalies can slightly damage vehicles on impact so with zombies being able to do the same thing... The scenario will be even more interesting, nowhere is safe!! 

🤣

Hey Ravage fans!

As a reminder for those of you who have followed the mod since the beginning, and for those who are

new to the mod, i am still supporting Halek's and the mod through the Ravage Utube Channel seen here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXp9bLRLx8g-7BHGCD9xgA

also linked on the OP of the thread too.

I review the channel usually weekly looking for any new videos on or about Ravage,

the channel is a compilation channel so you will see many videos from many players of Ravage

especially Kodabar 😉

Cheers!

Edit ... also linked in my sig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

especially Kodabar 😉

I have just realised that I've done 86 Ravage videos. Blinking flip. I'd be doing more right now if I wasn't so absorbed in the Tour de France.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I made it to where the anomalies can slightly damage vehicles on impact so with zombies being able to do the same thing... The scenario will be even more interesting, nowhere is safe!! 

A few details regarding the new feature : the way zombies interact with vehicles will be similar to how they attack humans, by that I mean that I'm trying to stay inline with vanilla mechanics. Rather than scripting damages directly, the system relies on actual impacts, and the simulation does the rest. The implication is that zombies will barely do any damage to most vehicles : they hit hard enough to nudge a van, and can flip it if there're enough of them hitting at the same time from the same angle, but they won't tear it down. There'll be some degree of customisation, but I reckon I'll keep it to realistic levels - since the feature is physX-based and relies on collisions, things would easily go out of control without some sort of limit, Arma being Arma.

• Like 5