37 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

I don't own the cDLC just yet, can you please share via PM their melee script 🙂 I am very interested in that and the carry wounded soldiers script too.

Aren't official DLCs/Mods protected?

6 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Aren't official DLCs/Mods protected?

Don't know, don't own it but if he was able to see the scripts then it is perhaps only partially protected. You should ask on discord and you will get an instant answer 😉

@LSValmont @tortuosit Without veering off topic to much longer, the Developers behind Prairie Fire CDLC have openly said on Discord modding/mission-making Prairie Fire content is encouraged, what they won't allow are modifications to their Mike Force MP scenario which is not part of the CDLC. 

On 5/10/2021 at 9:55 AM, EO said:

@LSValmont @tortuosit Without veering off topic to much longer, the Developers behind Prairie Fire CDLC have openly said on Discord modding/mission-making Prairie Fire content is encouraged, what they won't allow are modifications to their Mike Force MP scenario which is not part of the CDLC. 

Thanks! In fact I don't plan on modding any content from Pairie Fire, I am just curious to their scripting approach since they have so much talent on their team I am sure they opted for the "best way possible" for most scripts and also made them all MP compatible. (That not being the case with the BI scripts on vanilla Arma 3 that are most not geared towards MP and also are pretty badly coded if you ask me).

So recently I have been cycling between ESCAPE,  SOGPF, RAVAGE and Arma 3 Survival mod (online only). 

more not so original ideas - previously I asked for zombie skin camo - aka "Whisperers" from Walking Dead.

and playing Arma 3 Survival, they had crafting of the hobo  backpack from DayZ SA and ghillie suits.

Can we have survival rough ghillie suits like SOGPF with the twigs and leaves?! It should give a bonus vs AI in terms of camo effectiveness and would work great for MP. Maybe Ravage 3.0?

Same for camo vehicles. Just duct tape the branches to the  cars or bicycles.

15 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I may add the DLC into the Ravage Dedicated server once it has Ravage support, supposedly it has melee? 

Base building, vehicle saving, lets go with some Vietnam shit 🤣🤣🤣

Which reminds me Haleks if you get time I’ve found some items that need tweaked for Ravage MP for dedicated server’s I’m sure EO has PM’d you about the gear stuff. Just hit me up in the Discord and we can discuss some of the minor bugs 😉  

Will do! I'm redoing the zombies module these days, so there'll be some testin' to do soon(ish)! 😉 

As for SOG PF, well I'm not sure how much support it needs... The map uses a nice blend of structures from the main game, with a reasonable amount of ready to loot clutter; I might need to update the list of lootable models, but other than that, on that front alone the DLC already is a better investment than GM for ravage players.

Quick side note by the way : GM support is on hold for the time being (more specifically the furniture system support). It's just too much work given the scope of that DLC; that being said, I'm considering going open source and hosting the code on Github. I'll need to re-organise most of it to make it more user friendly (no small task), but yeah, I'm pretty excited to see where Ravage goes from there... The mod has gathered a considerable community, with a lot of people wanting to help one way or another, and the current dev environment doesn't really facilitate that. I reckon it's time to change that...

It's also going to pave the way for a more robust workflow from the ground up for the Arma 4 follow-up. 😉 

• Like 7

By the way, quick code to add all viet cong uniforms to zombies spawned by modules :

0 spawn {
	waitUntil {!isnil "zed_uniforms"};
	_uc = "(configName _x find ""vn_o_uniform_vc_"") isnotequalto -1" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgWeapons");
	_u = [];
	{_u pushBack configName _x} forEach _uc;
	zed_uniforms = _u;
};

Much faster than getting them from the VA. 😉 

Use "copyToClipBoard str _u" instead of the last line if you need to edit or add them to bigger arrays.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, haleks said:

I'm redoing the zombies module these days

Looking forward to seeing it! This is by far my favorite arma mod.

If I could make a suggestion: if zombies would scream when they see you, and also when they attack, I think it would go a long way toward making them more scary.

Also, I love the option you added to set their voice pitch up or down - if you varied the sound based on the type of zombie, I think that would add a lot to the game. You'd hear a certain sound an think, "uh oh, a bolter is after me"

Finally, if they spawned in lying on the ground, and then stood up, that would be creepy/unnerving as well. Maybe some of them could even lie down when idle. A player would think they'd been killed by AI ...then they'd get up.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ernave said:

If I could make a suggestion: if zombies would scream when they see you, and also when they attack, I think it would go a long way toward making them more scary.

Finally, if they spawned in lying on the ground, and then stood up, that would be creepy/unnerving as well. Maybe some of them could even lie down when idle. A player would think they'd been killed by AI ...then they'd get up.

Having zombies scream when they see you would require to constantly check when the zombie has gone from having no target to having a new target and could end up being quite resource consuming.

Having them scream when they attack is super easy and shouldn't be a problem.

About them spawning from the ground, the Zombies and Demons mod has that option and is indeed quite scary and very suitable for some horror missions. Hope to see that variant in Ravage in the future.

6 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Having zombies scream when they see you would require to constantly check when the zombie has gone from having no target to having a new target and could end up being quite resource consuming.

I assumed there was an event that fired when that happened.

Conceptually, there is code that is different between a zombie and a bandit that tells it precisely what to do when it acquires a target, yes? Zombies move toward the target. A bandit without a gun would not. So presumably, at that point in the code where the zombie AI plots a movement, it could also play a scream.

But of course, I've never looked at the code so I don't know.

21 hours ago, haleks said:

Will do! I'm redoing the zombies module these days, so there'll be some testin' to do soon(ish)! 😉 

I have written script based zombies from scratch.

Compared to yours they have:

- More random and unique behaviours, specially pathfinding, (ie they never attack in straight lines).

- They react to being shot and play different "getting hit" animations.

- They can change stances at will.

- They can spawn on different stances so it feels like you are facing a more varied horde of zombies.

- They use the malaria faces so no need for custom face textures.

- Fully multiplayer compatible and very performance friendly.

I have not yet relase them but I can send you my internal version to give you ideas.

Cheers 😉 

• Like 3

@LSValmont: Man, please do! I'm curious to see how they feel like!

Are you using any kind of alternative animations? That's actually the most annoying stuff to tinker with when you start using custom configs...

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 3:50 AM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I may add the DLC into the Ravage Dedicated server once it has Ravage support, supposedly it has melee? 

If you train a little, bayonet kills zeds in one stab. Without bayonet it's harder, cuz you need to get close to enemy (zeds will 99% hit you) + you must hit the head to kill in one attack.

For sound coefficient .... most guns from SOG are working with sound system,

From my testing:

Sound detection coefficient 0.5-0.6 is sweetspot

For 2-3 weapons from DLC suppressor doesn't work (one of them is .22LR pistol with integral suppressor)

DLC adds new grenades (molotov, incendary, my favourite poisonous gas) which are very efficient for killing large hordes. 

• Like 5

What on earth are those Prairie Fire guys filling them Mollys' with, Chlorine Trifluoride? 🔥

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Are you using any kind of alternative animations? That's actually the most annoying stuff to tinker with when you start using custom configs...

No alternative animations, just the arma 3 ones because this is a scripted solution, I made it so my missions do not require mods 😉 

Hell, I can even help you do DOG ZOMBIES!

Because my vDogs and the vZombies fight eachother now! Of course you can set them to be allies and just fight the humans!

Here are the current params that can be set on the script:

//vAiZombie User Settings:
vZombieAttackDamMult    = 2;    // Damage multiplier Coef. for the zombies base attack.
vZombieSpawnDistance     = 500;    // Only when players are this close are the zombies allowed to spawn. (To preserve CPU resources).
vZombieMinDistance         = 10;    // Minimal Distance that players must be further than so that the zombies can spawn (prevents zombies spawning in your face)
vZombieDeleteDistance     = 1000;    // Distance from the closest player at which the zombies are deleted.
vZombieMaxActive        = 30;    // How many simultanious Zombies are allowed during the day.
vZombieExtraNight        = 20;    // How many extra zombies are allowed at night.
vZombieLife                = 20;    // Base Zombie Hit Points
vZombieHeadshotMult        = 2;    // Damage Mult. for hearshots.
vZombieViewRangeMult     = 1;    // This will increase the range the zombies can see at night.
vZombieViewRangeMultDay    = 1.5;    // This will increase the range the zombies can see at day.
vZombieHearRangeMult     = 1;    // This will be multiplied by 50 meters with a MAX of 50. So 0.5 will make the zombie hear up to 25 meters.
vZombieTurnTime            = 40;    // Time in seconds it takes an Infected NPC to turn into a zombie after he dies.
vZombieInfectionChance    = 4;    // Percentage chance per attack to infect other NPCs

//vAiZombie Server DEFAULT Settings (DO NOT EDIT THESE!)
vZombieBrainActive         = true;
vZombiePopulation        = [];
vZombieAttackDamage        = 15;    // How much damage the zombie base attack does
vZombieViewRange         = 120;    // The base viewDistance of the Zombies (Better to use vZombieViewRangeMult to increase it rather than this)
vZombieLight             = 15;    // Minimun light that helps zombies see better
vZombieLightExtraDay    = 15;    // Additional Light during the day

I will upload it as soon as I get home for you to download and test.

The current limitations of the script is that it is an on demand script, it will not spawn zombies around players automatically. But that is easy to add server side.

The other big difference is that I still use the Fired Near EH so the zombies hearing is limited to 50 mtrs. Your solution is better but more resourse intensive.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EO said:

What on earth are those Prairie Fire guys filling them Mollys' with, Chlorine Trifluoride? 🔥

I horde on those and just love passing them back to the enemy! Plus the throw range on that! We need vanilla ARMA to extend that fix back to the normal game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EO said:

I wish Prairie Fire was released as base Arma 3 back in the days rather than what we got in 2013.This cDLC (SOG Prairie Fire) includes some much requested features that Arma 3 devs deemed undoable or were just too lazy to implement like: a competent melee system, building system with amazing UI, incredibly immersive sound that includes truly realistic weapons sounds, map sounds, enemies that interact and vocalize etc. etc.

In fact I feel that by being a cDLC... Arma 3 Vanilla is holding Prairie Fire back.

If it was a stand alone game these amazing devs would have fixed many many issues with Arma 3 vanilla like the terrible damage handling, the terrible and bugged UI etc.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, haleks said:

There you go my dear  @haleks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gkzdam9TjgjRLnGoGQc_gecCv4bZn2W4/view?usp=sharing

Both the latest version of my vZombies and my vDogs are included in a mission file you can play right away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys, a stupid question, but I haven't got an overview any more due to long absence from ArmA - can you recommend some Ravage SP zombie mission, ideally targeted to bring old DayZ mod vibes back (I am e.g. thinking of Zombies at helicopters etc.) - on Chernarus ideally... I know I can DIY, but hey. Thx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tortuosit said:

can you recommend some Ravage SP zombie mission

I might just be able to do that.

Ravage: Lost
Set on Chernarus Redux (Chernarus from ArmA 2 with a lot of new stuff added). Base building is included (which people ask for all the time). Also with electrical storms - watch out for those and try to be indoors when they hit.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2446793856
Video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFZbE6GBRzY

Kill Chapek
Chernarus Redux. Not a survival mission as such. Your job is to move from area to area looking for this guy you need to kill. Interesting variation.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2426408303
Video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBgVvIJhBkw

Ravage Chernarus : The Harbingers
Chernarus Redux, though it's not very recognisable. Requires quite a powerul PC to run because there is so much added. Very high action, if that's what you're after
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1959297540
Video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23lx1hT-IOM

The Burning Rain
Probably the most worked-on Ravage mission yet. Set on Chernarus Redux. Added shipwrecks, bandit camps, animals, infection, traders, weather, special chemical zones. Tons of stuff to do.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1732659749
Video of it (though an earlier version of the mission)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9l9bo2SPpA

Escape Chernarus
Set on Chernarus Redux. Basically like the DayZ mod, but with the opportunity to escape and end the game. It's actually designed for multiplayer, so you have to run it as such, even if you're playing alone.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1852480917
Video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF8emxSdnGQ

• Like 4

Nice, thank you. Will look at Burning Rain and Lost. I remember those Escape missions, which are localhost MP, were always veeeeery heavy on CPU.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have a ton of stuff (a list actually) of stuff I need to re-add, or make additions to for The Burning Rain. @Hans(z) is actually currently working towards the next patch!

As for recent projects I’ve been vested highly into the multiplayer scene, “Not Alone” has got a lot of love the past couple of months, and the dedicated server is running better than ever.

If you want a laid back server to join where everyone is pretty much PVE feel free to join. 🙂

server info can be found under #game-servers tab 😉 

https://discord.gg/r2aT3vp

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LSValmont said:

my vZombies 

I had a wee blast using these in a quick mission, I like that they still resemble and act like humans who have just recently been infected. :rthumb:

I turned off vZombieTurnTime but added the Ravage Ambient Zombie module and activated it's resurrection feature, so when your "human" looking zombies were killed they rise as Haleks full on Zombies! A pretty cool zombie evolution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, EO said:

I had a wee blast using these in a quick mission, I like that they still resemble and act like humans who have just recently been infected. :rthumb:

I turned off vZombieTurnTime but added the Ravage Ambient Zombie module and activated it's resurrection feature, so when your "human" looking zombies were killed they rise as Haleks full on Zombies! A pretty cool zombie evolution.

I am glad you liked this scripted implementation, took me quite some time to get them into this pretty professional version. 

The script originally evolved from my vDogs but became even better.

Yeah they look like a recently infected humans perhaps on early stages of zombification!

Additionally the vZombies use really random movement paths and they use vanilla animations only so they are really lightweight and only the sounds are actually custom adding 2MB to the mission file but it is still not much.

The vZombies navigate buildings quite well and do not attack or phase over walls, structures or solid objects so in that regard they are better than DayZ's zombies on its starting years.

I hope @haleks can use some parts to make his zombies even better. (Ranvage's zombies' hearing is already much better than mine)

PS: If you can please test them on Dedicated servers... I can only do hosted right now.

• Like 2

I wanted to ask if it was possible to have Ravage spawn AI and Loot into the tunnel systems of SOGPF using the compatibility files mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2477276806&searchtext=compatibility

Would be awesome as a hostile base to attack for loot, or a survivors base to reach to call for extract? 

Also would it be within Ravage's scope to ADD tunnel bases to other maps using the SOGPF compatibility files on Steam workshop or would that be a Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod type request?

I think non owners of SOGPF can at least enter the buildings and tunnels from the SOGPF compatibility files. No need to access weapons or gear other than to dress up the zombies so everyone can enjoy Ravage more.