Hey guys does anyone know if the Bandit Vehicle patrol works with vehicles such as ATV's and or Dirtbikes or does it only work with cars and trucks? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Hey guys does anyone know if the Bandit Vehicle patrol works with vehicles such as ATV's and or Dirtbikes or does it only work with cars and trucks? 

You can override Ravage car patrols by adding a piece of code to your initPlayerLocal.sqf, this works for all ground vehicles armed/unarmed and helicopters, this example spawns a helicopter air patrol from CUP. (Just make sue you have car patrols enabled in the Ambient AI module.)

rvg_aiVehicles = [
"CUP_O_UH1H_SLA"
];

InitPlayerLocal.sqf example :https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya5vbyfwvwpw0mv/initPlayerLocal.sqf?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Updated "Ravage Chernarus Mayhem Tour" and "Ravage: Collecting Feathers". 

Seems night missions just don't get the subscriptions that day time scenarios seem to get. ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For a moment there I thought "Ravage: Collecting Feathers" was the sequel to "Ravage: One Hour to Chicken"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, EO said:

this example spawns a helicopter air patrol from CUP

Oh wow, that is so cool! I've been wanting something like that! Presumably, I could add the UH1 entry dynamically, right? My thinking is, I'd like to have a heli somewhere on the map for the player to find, and after he finds it, enemy heli patrols will spawn. So, I'd have a trigger that would add an object to rvg_aiVehicles

Think that'll work? Also while we're on the subject of ravage vehicle, I'd like to increase fuel consumption so that obtaining fuel is a more important goal. I'm thinking of something like this: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/95892-faster-fuel-consumption/?do=findComment&comment=1613329

Though I haven't figured out yet how I'll access every vehicle's init. Any help would be appreciated. I also don't want the AI to run out of fuel, so ideally, I'd like to check that a player is driving the vehicle then adjust its consumption rate.

@ernave  To be honest, you can still use the Custom Vehicles List array in the Ambient AI module to spawn air patrols, I just like using an initPlayerLocal for a few other things so it's just a preference thing.  Unfortunately I'm not sure about adding in stuff dynamically, sorry.

There are a few caveats to piggybacking "traditional" Ravage car patrols, for example you can add motorbike patrols but when the bike spawns in you have 2 units on the bike with one poor fellow left behind to catch up, same goes for any vehicle that doesn't offer more than 3 seats.

So far I haven't had any problems spawning in helicopter patrols this way, but bear in mind helicopters will spawn on the ground before taking off, so we are relying on the Ravage car patrol script to find a safe position for the helicopter as it does for traditional car patrols.

Clearly planes won't work this way as they need a runway to take off from.  

• Like 1

@EO I see. I guess I'll just fiddle with it and see what I can come up with.

Do you happen to know if there's a function inside Ravage that I could call to sort of "restart" all patrols? I've noticed that they often crash into buildings and kill all the crew (not Haleks' fault that arma's AI is stupid). Is there a way to have those patrols despawn and get new ones?

6 minutes ago, ernave said:

Do you happen to know if there's a function inside Ravage that I could call to sort of "restart" all patrols? I've noticed that they often crash into buildings and kill all the crew (not Haleks' fault that arma's AI is stupid). Is there a way to have those patrols despawn and get new ones?

Again not sure buddy, but If your using the Settings module the Advanced Driver AI is enabled by default, it definitely helps.

20 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Possible difficulty can occur, when the patrol consist 3 or more raiders. Two guys in ATV, 3rd runnig behind them 😂. ATV usually makes it to the waypoint, then it waits for the 3rd.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Ravage fans, if you want a laid-back community to play or talk about Ravage then I've got good news for you. We have a community appropriately named "Wasteland Walkers" that was created with Ravage in mind. We have a server set up at the moment (which is hosting TenuredCloud's "Not Alone" mission) with only a small list of required mods. Ravage has given the chance for zombie apocalypse lovers everywhere to have common ground to be able to connect with one another, which is something that we chose to capitalize on. Our discord is composed of: Mission makers, Ravage fans, and others who enjoy laid-back interaction with others. There's only a couple of rules to follow on our Discord and they're laid-back ones, as we want members to feel welcome and valued. Here's some additional info about our community:

Timezone: EST
Play Style: Relaxed
Attendance Requirements: None

Here's a link if you're interested in joining.
We hope to see you there. 

2BCBC313059435EC0C4CCD047FC5C42E3A9D9EEA

Photo Credit: Haleks

• Like 4

On 4/30/2021 at 3:00 AM, HereIsJones said:

Ok, I'm finished with the SP Ravage mission you didn't know you needed -

[SP] Ravage | One Hour to Chicken

Randomized and repeatable, with 19 starting points/vehicles and over 50 raid points. The only known issue I've found is that very occasionally the initial fade-in doesn't fire. I have no idea why.

Now make a COOP version with twice the chicken, rabbit or sheep or even HUMAN meat we need to win! Or a FFA Battle Royale version with each player needing X to win!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Valken said:

Now make a COOP version [...] Or a FFA Battle Royale version

Absolutely with you on that. It's great as a single player mission, but it would be terrific fun in co-op or competitive multiplayer. Imagine a ten player version where it displays the running totals of everyone. And killing a competitor drops their score (perhaps giving you one of their meat). Hmm...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Absolutely with you on that. It's great as a single player mission, but it would be terrific fun in co-op or competitive multiplayer. Imagine a ten player version where it displays the running totals of everyone. And killing a competitor drops their score (perhaps giving you one of their meat). Hmm...

Oh yeh! 

COOP = Ravage Meat Farming!

BR = Ravage Chicken Dinner! 

Mission names done! Someone get coding! :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, Valken said:

Now make a COOP version with twice the chicken, rabbit or sheep or even HUMAN meat we need to win! Or a FFA Battle Royale version with each player needing X to win!

I definitely wanted a MP version of this, but as a new scripter I'm still learning how to script for MP. It might take a little more time.

I came up with the idea of a "delivery point" - once someone (anyone) in MP gets 10 pieces of chicken, the "bbq destination" is announced with, say, a new 5 or 10 minute timer and you win by delivering your chicken there. Everyone now has the option to try to collect their last piece(s) quickly, or head to the destination immediately to try to prevent other players from reaching it (and stealing their chicken in the process). I may have to keep it simple, though.

FYI - zombies attack and kill sheep, but not chickens. Go figure.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HereIsJones said:

FYI - zombies attack and kill sheep, but not chickens. Go figure.

I excluded small animals from the list of potential target types - if memory serves, they were having trouble hitting them, and usually ended up chasing rabbits like maniacs... bof.png 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If Ravage gets some Prairie Fire support this guy wants the Trader job...

Spoiler

4qeeLUe.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Goddamn Prairie Fire...

On the one hand, I really want to start making Ravage missions on it right now, on the other hand, I really really need to finish the first module upgrades before I can start making missions.

n8zyiwpwgxj51.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

Goddamn Prairie Fire...

On the one hand, I really want to start making Ravage missions on it right now, on the other hand, I really really need to finish the first module upgrades before I can start making missions.

Haha, exactly!  I want to add features to my Giant scripts and make a giant mission, but now I'm addicted to jungle combat in PF.  Goddamn Prairie Fire!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I may add the DLC into the Ravage Dedicated server once it has Ravage support, supposedly it has melee? 

Base building, vehicle saving, lets go with some Vietnam shit 🤣🤣🤣

Which reminds me Haleks if you get time I’ve found some items that need tweaked for Ravage MP for dedicated server’s I’m sure EO has PM’d you about the gear stuff. Just hit me up in the Discord and we can discuss some of the minor bugs 😉  

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I may add the DLC into the Ravage Dedicated server once it has Ravage support, supposedly it has melee? 

Base building, vehicle saving, lets go with some Vietnam shit 🤣🤣🤣

Hell yes!  I looked into the melee and tested and believe it is player only.  But it won't take much work on my part to make it work for AI in my melee script.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Valken said:

I want to see Ravage Giants in Cam Lao Nam! Who is with me!?! Hoorah!!!

I like that spirit!

1 hour ago, Valken said:

S: AI can use this MELEE mod fully working! Just need to create a compatibility patch to SOGPF melee weapons!

I've seen the mod vids, and the gladiator style melee fights are awesome.  But I haven't seen a normal AI choose to melee when close with a bayonet or weapon smash.  Does that work with this mod?

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I've seen the mod vids, and the gladiator style melee fights are awesome.  But I haven't seen a normal AI choose to melee when close with a bayonet or weapon smash.  Does that work with this mod?

Hi Johnnyboy, 

I think we need to config a custom setup under Ravage or supplement with Vandeanson's Apocalypse to use the MELEE weapons, it does work for weapons spawing but the AI should work as in this video and small faction mod for example from Poppa on Steam Workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2475422949

Those are AI units equipped with the MELEE mod. We should have some low tech survivors armed like this. Even as low tech guards in the traders for example. 

Its too bad we do not have a sophisticated AI mod that lets the AI prioritize weapons and looting such as escalating from melee, hand guns, rifles, explosives and gear so it feels more real. 

10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Hell yes!  I looked into the melee and tested and believe it is player only.  But it won't take much work on my part to make it work for AI in my melee script.

I don't own the cDLC just yet, can you please share via PM their melee script 🙂 I am very interested in that and the carry wounded soldiers script too.

sup guys, long time no c

Came here because currently I'm downloading the new creator/ nam dlc - I hope I can do some Ravage SP business on the new map. I'm ready to try such kind of map again. Unsung or Tanoa, never really loved those. Ugh, and FPS. Only Chernarus and Altis, after all, give me those cozy feels from a good past...

• Like 3