@ApacheKoizuma I did a quick test with ACE+RAVAGE+VD APOC enabled in the SP version of RAVAGE on Altis which AFAIK comes as a showcase  together with the @Ravage download.  I used rather unforgiving ACE  medical values intended for a MILSIM style mission I work on currently where I use RAVAGE as survival mod. 

Results: The zeds can damage player and AI and in my player ACE medical menu a zed attack resulted in various types of damage like bruises or avulsions which seems logical enough in my book.  I forgot to enable VD's infection feature though, so no idea if that would go together with ACE medical.  I suggest you fiddle around with your ACE medical values a bit and find your personal sweet spot. IMHO the ACE medical system is better suited for MILSIM mission sporting all the logistics (and maybe some human comrades in MP) to cope with battlefield casualties. If you play alone in a RAVAGE mission, ACE medical might become a bit tedious depending on your settings.

An additional observation I made within that MILSIM mission using ACE Medical together with RAVAGE is that total/general player health does indeed get damaged by RAVAGE's dehydration and starvation regardless of the missing representation of said damage in the ACE medical menu. I have no radiation, but hunger & thirst active in the RAVAGE module of this mission.  So no idea what happens with rad damage.

Hope that helps you a bit along your way towards "The Perfect Immersive RAVAGE Game"

Regards

tourist

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tourist said:

@ApacheKoizuma I did a quick test with ACE+RAVAGE+VD APOC enabled in the SP version of RAVAGE on Altis which AFAIK comes as a showcase  together with the @Ravage download.  I used rather unforgiving ACE  medical values intended for a MILSIM style mission I work on currently where I use RAVAGE as survival mod. 

Results: The zeds can damage player and AI and in my player ACE medical menu a zed attack resulted in various types of damage like bruises or avulsions which seems logical enough in my book.  I forgot to enable VD's infection feature though, so no idea if that would go together with ACE medical.  I suggest you fiddle around with your ACE medical values a bit and find your personal sweet spot. IMHO the ACE medical system is better suited for MILSIM mission sporting all the logistics (and maybe some human comrades in MP) to cope with battlefield casualties. If you play alone in a RAVAGE mission, ACE medical might become a bit tedious depending on your settings.

An additional observation I made within that MILSIM mission using ACE Medical together with RAVAGE is that total/general player health does indeed get damaged by RAVAGE's dehydration and starvation regardless of the missing representation of said damage in the ACE medical menu. I have no radiation, but hunger & thirst active in the RAVAGE module of this mission.  So no idea what happens with rad damage.

Hope that helps you a bit along your way towards "The Perfect Immersive RAVAGE Game"

Regards

tourist

Yeah I had to do a lot of digging around and fixing up settings. I finally did get it all working as you've said! But, of course, I haven't enabled Survival systems (hunger/thirst/rads) because they don't affect ACE medical. And I'm running a unit that uses Ravage as well as VA and some other mods. Basically post apoc milsim and everything strangely works really well together! I've haven't got into any hitches or problems with  it so far aside from not being able to use Survival systems which isn't too important anyways. Thanks a bunch for the reply, mate!

Has anyone had issues with Ambient AI not adhering to safe zones? I have a 500m safe zone for West and to delete enemies around an area yet renegades and Opfor come around and enter within 500 meters. Same thing with zombies too, but I fixed that by bumping up the minimum spawn distnce a bit. 

Is there any discord for the Ravage community? I thought I saw it somewhere, so pardon me for asking.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:33 PM, UnDeaD. said:

@MuRaZorWitchKING thanks!

I think i got it:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_uniqueItems"}; 
sleep 1; 
_blacklisted_items = ["rvg_sleepingBag_Blue", "rvg_foldedTent", "rvg_foldedTent_grey", "rvg_foldedTent_blue"]; 
_rvg_items = rvg_uniqueItems; 
rvg_uniqueItems = _rvg_items - _blacklisted_items; 
publicVariable "rvg_uniqueItems";

I just wanted to remove tents/sleeping bags, because they are kinda useless in a multiplayer game, and they are also excluded from persistency that I use. I just wanted to make sure no one gets confused when they set up a tent, put stuff in, and then it disappears after restart.

Where does this stuff go? Isn't there a green sleeping bag also?

3 hours ago, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

Where does this stuff go?

Pop it into your init.sqf and I recommend a sleep infront of it as well. 

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Pop it into your init.sqf and I recommend a sleep infront of it as well. 

Good luck!

Thanks. 

Is there a way to set a predefined level for hunger/thirst for the player? I'd like them to be around 50/50 at the beginning if possible.

1 hour ago, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

Is there a way to set a predefined level for hunger/thirst for the player? I'd like them to be around 50/50 at the beginning if possible.

Add this to a playable unit's init....

player setVariable ["thirst", player getVariable ["thirst", 50], false]; 
player setVariable ["hunger", player getVariable ["hunger", 50], false];

I'd recommend adjusting the players health/armor slider to compliment the reduced hunger/thirst stats.

• Thanks 1

Is anyone getting terrible loot lag as the game progresses? I placed and set all the Ravage modules on Altis, put down a couple of traders and drove around looting, but by game-day 2 looting began to lag (goes from 1 sec per loot to about 3-4 secs per loot), and by game-day 3 each object takes about 10 seconds to loot. I've tried saving and restarting, and even tried removing the ambient Ravage furniture system and just looted world objects, but looting still begins to lag by game-day 2.

Anyone know how to fix? I have no mods running other than the required mods, and have placed down no units (hordes, ai etc) other than the player unit and 3 traders.

Also -

On 3/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, Hans(z) said:

Hi,

feel free to use my little utility.

#custom traders

#custom weapons list

This is awesome, thanks for this! Can the CUSTOM TRADER LIST be used to sell weapon parts (suppressor, scope etc)?

EDIT - So it looks like loot lag starts after I find and use the 2 merchants I placed (using the code on the wiki). Since no one else has this problem though, it's probably something up with my system (it meets low-end specs but I'll get a better comp soon).

2 hours ago, HereIsJones said:

This is awesome, thanks for this! Can the CUSTOM TRADER LIST be used to sell weapon parts (suppressor, scope etc)?

Yes, this works for everything!

You just need to change parentclass of the item!

You can buy every item in game, but unfortunately you can't sell every item. You can sell every weapon, ammo + binocular type items. On the other hand you 100% can't sell uniforms, vests, backpacks, NVGs, weapon accesories...

Just an observation while building/testing a Ravage/Warlords scenario, I've added Ravage supply crates to the Warlords request menu and they work just fine, however when you select a supply crate it generates a error message related to the picture of the crate, it looks like the Warlords request menu depends on editor preview images, if custom assets aren't configured to have them then this wee message pops up, It doesn't effect gameplay, the crates can still be bought and airdropped.

I patched in an editor preview image to the Ravage config to see if this was the case, these are the results...

Vanilla Ravage config on the left, patched config on the right...

yndoju1.jpgFXMoFuf.jpg

Certainly no biggie, but maybe something for the do to list? :icon_biggrin: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EO said:

Certainly no biggie, but maybe something for the do to list? :icon_biggrin: 

Duly noted! 😜 

10 hours ago, HereIsJones said:

Is anyone getting terrible loot lag as the game progresses? I placed and set all the Ravage modules on Altis, put down a couple of traders and drove around looting, but by game-day 2 looting began to lag (goes from 1 sec per loot to about 3-4 secs per loot), and by game-day 3 each object takes about 10 seconds to loot. I've tried saving and restarting, and even tried removing the ambient Ravage furniture system and just looted world objects, but looting still begins to lag by game-day 2.

Anyone know how to fix? I have no mods running other than the required mods, and have placed down no units (hordes, ai etc) other than the player unit and 3 traders.

Sounds like something I'll need to fix. Does the lag affect other actions ingame (like repairing vehicles)?

53 minutes ago, haleks said:

Sounds like something I'll need to fix. Does the lag affect other actions ingame (like repairing vehicles)?

Interactions did seem to lag, and the Health window on the Inventory screen takes an extra second to load.

Also, if this helps - when the loot lag gets really bad after 3 or so game-days (~10 secs lag), when you find loot in an object the inventory window pops up but there's nothing in it.

EDIT - one more thing if it helps, I tested with your ambient furniture system, with Tinter's furniture mod, and with all of it turned off (just loot from world objects) and got the same lag in each case.

@HereIsJones 

Just curious, are your system specs up to scratch? 

I've recently migrated to a new system and I'm blown away by how well Arma in general deals with new hardware compared to what was hardware from 7 years ago. This feels relevant as I've been recently playtesting (quite heavily) how Ravage performs with the addition of Warlords modules and the end results are, to be quite honest, crazy good.

My mission involves a light sprinkling of ambient zombies, outdoor looting, survival and atmosphere modules, AI courtesy of Warlords, mission is played solo over LAN server. I've been dropping in and out of the same mission playthrough over the past couple of weeks and haven't experienced any lag, especially when searching outdoor objects.

Not disputing your issues bud, just giving another perspective on how the current version of Ravage is running. 

2 minutes ago, EO said:

I've been recently playtesting (quite heavily) how Ravage performs with the addition of Warlords modules and the end results are, to be quite honest, crazy good.

Hey EO, what features/fun/interesting stuff does Warlords modules add to Ravage?

Just now, EO said:

@HereIsJones 

Just curious, are your system specs up to scratch? 

No worries, I've thought of that too, but I've tried on two different systems, both which should be ok.

But, I think if it were the system, I would always loot lag, but the issue I'm seeing is lag gradually getting worse over game-days, which feels like something is accumulating. A friend has a high-end gaming PC, I'll see if I can get her to check it.

I'm testing now with everything stripped out but the Ravage modules (I had three merchants on the map as per the Wiki). If it doesn't lag, I'll keep adding things like merchants until I (hopefully) find the problem.

By outdoor looting, you mean just the objects that were already on the map? No Ravage ambient furniture system?

• Like 1

BTW, is this something you'd like to see in the Ravage universe?  :whistle:<coming soon!>

giant-Action.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

@johnnyboy 

Oh man, Ravage + Warlords is so cool...

Basically a Survivor base and a Bandit base, in-between them are linked sectors occupied by neutral enemy npc's. Mission objective is too clear out camps, capture territory and gain resources (command points) to spend on new units, equipment, supplies or vehicles then push further into enemy territory until ultimately one of the home bases falls.

Ravage adds a post-apo layer with the survival mechanic, a very light sprinkle of zeds (mainly for a little back ground ambience, but there still an additional threat) killed AI will rise from the dead (I love that feature....just when you think it's all over....:yikes:

Combined it makes for a fun survival experience with the Warlords modules giving the main mission objective.    

Mission also makes use of my own factions too. :icon_biggrin: 

Edit, that pic is da bomb! ^^

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HereIsJones said:

By outdoor looting, you mean just the objects that were already on the map? No Ravage ambient furniture system?

Yes sir. ^^

Introducing "Ravage: Storm Zero" on the Bornholm map. Overall its rather bare bones for a scenario but felt I HAD to do something with the world space. I believe the thunder storm weather goes quite well with it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2423001065

Also putting some finishing touches on an Altis Scenario but it uses USP stuff. Thanks for subscribing!

• Like 4

On 3/13/2021 at 9:34 PM, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

Introducing "Ravage: Storm Zero" on the Bornholm map.

I have to say, I rather like it. The weather really makes it interesting! I also very much enjoyed your White Out mission - again, the weather really made all the difference.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, johnnyboy said:

BTW, is this something you'd like to see in the Ravage universe?

I'm not sure I can adequately express how much I'd like to see this.

• Like 3