Hey just wanted to leave here what i saw.

I noticed many dead bodies don´t transform correct into zeds. They keep laying and grind on the ground.

Noticed on Everon (CUP) in MP on dedicated server.

btw great mod, its fun.

Thanks

14 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Is there a variable I can set to stop a zombie from attacking and causing damage? Or, since zombies attack all sides, except zombies, is there a variable I could set on the AI temporarily so the zombie thinks the AI is another zombie?

In my Point Blank Melee script, after AI beats zombie to ground and zombie ragdolls (zed setUnconscious true;), he is still causing damage to near AI.  I'd like to stop his ability to cause damage for a few seconds while down, giving AI time to shoot him or smash his head. 

Is this the right place to ask this question?  Thanks in advance.

Right now there is no variable to stop zombies from doing their thing, but I just tweaked the code to pause zed behaviour while unconscious : the change will be included in the next update (ETA : probably a few days).

9 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Any plans to make it so we can tweak HOW long dropped items stay on the ground before deletion?

That is planned for the next update too. 😉 

1 hour ago, Muecke said:

Hey just wanted to leave here what i saw.

I noticed many dead bodies don´t transform correct into zeds. They keep laying and grind on the ground.

Noticed on Everon (CUP) in MP on dedicated server.

btw great mod, its fun.

Thanks

It's possible those were killed by headshots : the script is designed to exclude units when that's the case (you can also headshot an already dead unit to prevent him from turning).

Oh, I did not make it clear enough. Sorry I meant the killed units fall down and then after transformation they slide around trying to catch other units.

But they don´t do the animations anymore, they just surf on the ground. I saw one guy sliding to the next town.

Not sure if this helps...

11 minutes ago, Muecke said:

Oh, I did not make it clear enough. Sorry I meant the killed units fall down and then after transformation they slide around trying to catch other units.

But they don´t do the animations anymore, they just surf on the ground. I saw one guy sliding to the next town.

Not sure if this helps...

Oh, sounds a locality issue with the script then... Is it a Ravage only set-up or is there other mods like Exile in the mix?

28 minutes ago, haleks said:

Oh, sounds a locality issue with the script then... Is it a Ravage only set-up or is there other mods like Exile in the mix?

CBA, complete cup, enhanced movement, JSRS and no exile or kind of.

Units are on stomach side with face in the ground looks like the are frozen. But when you shoot them they jump up in air to fall down dead.

Iam running 3 modules in mission.sqm just default stuff but with units rise up after dead. I like it alot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Right now there is no variable to stop zombies from doing their thing, but I just tweaked the code to pause zed behaviour while unconscious : the change will be included in the next update (ETA : probably a few days).

Right on man, this will increase AI's chances of survival significantly.  Much appreciated.  Cheers! :wine:

One other small thing.  I noticed AI take damage from zombie swings even when zombie is facing in the opposite direction from the AI.  If its easy and desirable, you might consider only causing damage if the AI unit is within 180 degrees of facing the AI unit.  This happens semi-frequently when AI units are being swarmed.

• Like 2

Units are on stomach side with face in the ground looks like the are frozen. But when you shoot them they jump up in air to fall down dead.

Can confirm. A very strange AI behavior , when using resurrection module.

Bugreport:

Resurrected units slide on the floor as zombies. (Tested on a multiplayer server)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/29/2019 at 2:06 AM, chernaruski said:

Resurrected units slide on the floor as zombies.

Spoiler

Well , it's stiil looks though evil !  :rofl:

• Haha 2

@haleks Regarding the reports of sliding/floating AI related to the Dead Rising feature, I just want to confirm it doesn't on my end in a vanilla SP environment, meaning no other mods loaded or Contact DLC for that matter. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, chernaruski said:

Can confirm. A very strange AI behavior , when using resurrection module.

Bugreport:

Resurrected units slide on the floor as zombies. (Tested on a multiplayer server)

Seems to work just fine in Single player but in my multiplayer/Coop mission I have the same issue I believe.

1 minute ago, EO said:

@haleks Regarding the reports of sliding/floating AI related to the Dead Rising feature, I just want to confirm it doesn't on my end in a vanilla SP environment, meaning no other mods loaded or Contact DLC for that matter. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks man, at the moment I'm semi-guessing it's an issue with dedicated servers and the way a couple functions are created and added on the fly (I do that too often in Ravage, it's definitely not the way to go...).

I'm going to tackle that specific issue first, but there's a lot more cleaning to do in general. ^^'

@Gill93: Is it hosted locally or on a dedicated server?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, haleks said:

Thanks man, at the moment I'm semi-guessing it's an issue with dedicated servers and the way a couple functions are created and added on the fly (I do that too often in Ravage, it's definitely not the way to go...).

I'm going to tackle that specific issue first, but there's a lot more cleaning to do in general. ^^'

@Gill93: Is it hosted locally or on a dedicated server?

@haleks hosted locally my friend :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@miasdad we should be able too, boar support was added a few updates ago....however upon just checking it seems they are currently unable to be gutted. :icon_cry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EO said:

@miasdad we should be able too, boar support was added a few updates ago....however upon just checking it seems they are currently unable to be gutted. :icon_cry:

Yea,I thought so too but in a game last nite on Chernarus killed one and wasn't able to gut it.Just a game but really felt bad,lol.

• Like 3

New update, bringing boar back to the menu - bon appétit guys! 😉 

Tweaked:
Zed behaviour is now "paused" when knocked down on the ground.
Moved "turn into zombie" scripts to cfgFunctions.

Fixed:
Fixed a typo preventing players from gutting boars.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Haleks, have you ever considered adding Aegis as a supported mod in the gear menu? Seems to be a pretty popular mod that's regularly updated and has tons of gear that fits the post-apoc/armed population vibe that comes with Ravage. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, HerestotheGears said:

Haleks, have you ever considered adding Aegis as a supported mod in the gear menu? Seems to be a pretty popular mod that's regularly updated and has tons of gear that fits the post-apoc/armed population vibe that comes with Ravage. 

Not yet, but I'll check it out! Although, to be honest, I'm kinda reluctant on adding more presets - it's a lot of work to keep them up-to-date with each mod release. ^^'

By the way, I'm pushing a super tiny update guys :

Fixed:
Temporary fix : tracks defined in description.ext files were excluded from the Custom Playlist entry.

This release disables the warning message for incorrect music classnames, so make sure you get them right until the next update!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi all

following pierreMGI's Magazine Repack script release, i tailored something to my personal needs based on his code.

this will add a Holdaction based magazine repacker that is compatible with the ravage "fake magazine" items.

Closing your inventory will update / create the holdaction, if viable magazines are around.

it will allow you to repack any magazine type of which you have 2 ones with below 100% rounds in your inventory.

The loaded magazines must be moved to the inventory to be considered. because of realism and stuff 😉

Currently it has a 6 seconds interrupt able holdaction and the medic animation. might replace it at some point.

This is added to the latest VA beta 2.20c but if you do not use VA you might want to use it as script.

place it in your initplayerlocal.sqf and your onplayerrespawn.sqf.

Spoiler

fnc_VA_AA_magRep =
        {

AA_VA_magRep = [
                              player,
                              VA_MagRepAddATxt,
                              "",
                              "",
                              "true",
                              "true",
                              {
                                player playActionNow "Medic";
                              },
                              {},
                              {
                                      _mag = VA_MagTypes select 0;
                                        VA_MagTypes deleteat 0;

_cnts = 0;
                                        private _Magarray = +((magazinesAmmoFull player) select {_mag in _x});
                                        _gunmag = (magazinesAmmoFull player) select {true in _x};
                                        _Magarray = _Magarray - _gunmag;
                                        _fullcnt = getnumber (configFile >> "cfgmagazines" >>_mag >> "count");
                                        if (_fullcnt > 0) then {
                                          {

_cnts = _cnts + (_x select 1);

} count (_Magarray);
                                          _remainingShots = _cnts mod _fullcnt;
                                          {player removeMagazineGlobal _mag} count (_Magarray);
                                          player addMagazines [_mag, floor (_cnts/_fullcnt)];
                                          if (_remainingShots >0) then {
                                            player addMagazine [_mag,_remainingShots];
                                          };
                                          systemchat "Magazines repacked";
                                          player removeaction AA_VA_magRep;

if (!(VA_MagTypes isequalto [])) then {
                                            _magDN = gettext (configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _mag >> "displayName");
                                            VA_MagRepAddATxt = str formatText [ "Repack %1", _magDN];
                                            [] spawn fnc_VA_AA_magRep};
                                          };
                              },
                              {    player switchaction "";
                              },
                              [],
                              false,
                              false
                            ]call BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd;
        };

player addEventHandler ["InventoryClosed",
                      {
                        VA_MagTypes = [];
                        private _allmagArrs1 = [];
                        private _allmagArrsCN = [];
                         _allmagArrs1 = magazinesAmmoCargo uniformContainer player;
                        _allmagArrs2 = magazinesAmmoCargo vestContainer player;
                        _allmagArrs3 = magazinesAmmoCargo backpackContainer player;

_allmagArrs1 append _allmagArrs2;
                        _allmagArrs1 append _allmagArrs3;

{
                                _mag = _x select 0;
                                _rounds = _x select 1;
                                _fullcnt = getnumber (configFile >> "cfgmagazines" >>_mag >> "count");
                                if (_rounds isequalto _fullcnt || _fullcnt isequalto 1) then {_allmagArrs1 = _allmagArrs1 - [_x]};
                              }foreach _allmagArrs1;

if (_allmagArrs1 isequalto []) exitwith{};

{_cn = _x select 0; _allmagArrsCN pushback _cn}foreach _allmagArrs1;

if (_allmagArrsCN isequalto []) exitwith{};

for "_i" from 1 to count _allmagArrsCN do {if (({_x == (_allmagArrsCN select 0)} count _allmagArrsCN) == 1) then {_allmagArrsCN deleteat 0} else {_allmagArrsCN deleteat 0; _allmagArrsCN pushback (_allmagArrsCN select 0)};};

if (_allmagArrsCN isequalto []) exitwith{};
                        {VA_MagTypes pushBackUnique _x}foreach _allmagArrsCN;

_magDN = gettext (configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _mag >> "displayName");
                        VA_MagRepAddATxt = str formatText [ "Repack %1", _magDN];
                        [] spawn fnc_VA_AA_magRep;

}];

player addEventHandler ["InventoryOpened", {
                                            VA_MagTypes = [];
                                              }];

If you find any issues, please let me know;)

The VA Beta can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1prHpWGVwDnbJr9pWz538A6JWkL7UzB-W

cheers

vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@haleksI realize that the system for earning banknotes from zombies is bugged. I realize that I earn banknotes from zombies even if I DIDN'T kill them aka another ai unit kills them. Any possible way for this to get fixed?

22 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

@haleksI realize that the system for earning banknotes from zombies is bugged. I realize that I earn banknotes from zombies even if I DIDN'T kill them aka another ai unit kills them. Any possible way for this to get fixed?

I dont think that is a vanilla ravage function, right? 

Do you use george floros script for that?

If so, you just need to add another condition check into his eventhandler ( right under params ["...."] ;

something like if (_killer != player) exitwith {} ;

Edit: or maybe its (! (_killer isequalto player))  not sure

Cheers

Vd

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

I dont think that is a vanilla ravage function, right? 

Do you use george floros script for that?

If so, you just need to add another condition check into his eventhandler ( right under params ["...."] ;

something like if (_killer != player) exitwith {} ;

Cheers

Vd

Nope it's not a vanilla function

https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers 

Look at "how to earn banknotes from killing zombies section"

Ok i then my proposal above should work, let me know if my code generates errors so i can fix it, it was written on handheld.