Hello Ravagers!

Time for another update guys! This release introduces a small immersion-enhancement script to improve AI reactions to nearby gunshots, plus the usual tweaks and fixes :

Tweaked:
Moved several background scripts to non scheduled environment:
* AI management system
* weaponHolders/Groups/Corpses clean-up system
* Both External and Internal vehicles caching systems
* Dynamic Furniture system
New BI key (it's the last one, promised!).

Fixed:
Emptied WeaponHolders weren't properly removed from the Loot Management System.

New:
New parameter (Zombies Module) to allow or prevent zombies from grabbing gear from players (Enabled by default).
New parameter (Settings Module) to enhance AI reaction to nearby gunshots (ON by default).

SP players may see a slight improvement performance-wise, although a lot of work remains to be done in that area...

Have fun fellas, and thank you for your support! 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Hello, ravage community 

I'm back after a long departure and have been editing my single player missions recently. I'm running into a strange issue with my placed down "virtual arsenal" boxes. When playing through my SP mission and trying to open the arsenal boxes, I get stuck on a loading screen leading to the arsenal. This doesn't happen when spawned near the boxes in the eden editor. I have the arsenal option checked on the boxes and had the arsenal container command placed in the init just in case 0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Mod list:

https://imgur.com/a/ykzZC31

23 hours ago, haleks said:

Hello Ravagers!

Time for another update guys! This release introduces a small immersion-enhancement script to improve AI reactions to nearby gunshots, plus the usual tweaks and fixes :

SP players may see a slight improvement performance-wise, although a lot of work remains to be done in that area...

Have fun fellas, and thank you for your support! 😉 

Thank you Haleks! Neat fixes and features.

May I ask for the possibility in the future for a module option to choose between:

- Any dead Ai has a chance to resurrects as zombies.

- Only dead Ai killed by zombies are eligible to resurrect as zombies.

Right now I believe if you have the setting on then any dead Ai can raise as zombie and that is the only option.

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

Thank you Haleks! Neat fixes and features.

May I ask for the possibility in the future for a module option to choose between:

- Any dead Ai has a chance to resurrects as zombies.

- Only dead Ai killed by zombies are eligible to resurrect as zombies.

Right now I believe if you have the setting on then any dead Ai can raise as zombie and that is the only option.

there is a an option to make it so only AI killed by zombies will resurrect in the module.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

there is a an option to make it so only AI killed by zombies will resurrect in the module.

Ohhh I did not know that, my bad!

Thank you @Gill93!!!

• Like 1

If I add a vest to the vest array, will the AI carry only that type of vest, or it will be added to the custom/default list of the vests that already exists? It says it will override previous settings, does that include the default one?

Few improvement ideas:

- QoL When placing safe/rad/zed blacklisted zones modules, it should have a zone map marker which is showing the set radius.
- Ambient Zed's module customization feature : Option of turning runners/crawlers presence during night time, if you like to use walkers only most of the time,  but like to spice things up a bit during nighttime. At the moment Ambient Zeds can be set only to a specific type or both. (Still hoping for that % ratio). One of the types were reduced? I remember there were 3 types : walkers, runners and bolters.
- I was messing with blood rvmats and decided to add more blood not only on top of uniforms , but on zeds heads that looked too clean for a flesh eating monstas. Sometimes hands look too clean too, haven't figured out yet how to apply it on them.  Any plans on changing the visual side of zeds? Eyes color , hands with broken nasty bloody nails , bite marks , etc. 

Spoiler

mYTqAEe.png

Bug:
When I was messing with the blood "effect" , I realized that CUP uniforms when applied as Override , do not get the same blood splatters on zeds as when you get when using default clothes. They look all clean an tidy. Dirty uniform too. Not all uniforms are supported or something?

PS: #Reminder about my older recommendations, maybe you forgot about it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Ohhh I did not know that, my bad!

Thank you @Gill93!!!

no problem at all :)

Thanks for the SP optimizations!

Since I'm running arma on a low-end system, I really benefit from them.

What is the state of Livonia support?

Is generating furniture in buildings supported?

At last, a suggestion to the data loss you faced earlier: maybe setup a (private) repo on github / gitlab? (both are free)

It will also make it easier to rollback changes in case something breaks.

• Thanks 1

Bug Report:

Ravage Mod effects any map that uses terrain object a3\structures_f\dominants\lighthouse\lighthouse_f.p3d it makes the structure unenterable (interaction /door animations are gone, probably because of the Land_xx prefix is missing in the classname). Just happened for ChernarusRedux , after we introduced tall lighthouses.
I'm talking about this unknown invisible / not placeable variant integrated into mod.:

Spoiler

zkxOEpu.png

@haleks 

Does it have any real purpose in Ravage?  Compatibility issue that it would be nice to get rid off.

6 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@haleksBTW does your cleanup function include dropped items in general?

Yes. Anything out of 500 meters (If I recall will be deleted). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Merijn Hendriks said:

What is the state of Livonia support?

Is generating furniture in buildings supported?

Not yet. :/ 

12 hours ago, chernaruski said:

Bug Report:

Ravage Mod effects any map that uses terrain object a3\structures_f\dominants\lighthouse\lighthouse_f.p3d it makes the structure unenterable (interaction /door animations are gone, probably because of the Land_xx prefix is missing in the classname). Just happened for ChernarusRedux , after we introduced tall lighthouses.
I'm talking about this unknown invisible / not placeable variant integrated into mod.:

Reveal hidden contents

zkxOEpu.png

@haleks 

Does it have any real purpose in Ravage?  Compatibility issue that it would be nice to get rid off.

If I remember right, it was the only way to disable the light projector. I'll take a look at it, and maybe remove that tweak (it is also present in the Derelict mod for people who prefer terrains with no light source).

10 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@haleksBTW does your cleanup function include dropped items in general?

If you're talking about the one from the Settings module, yes : it deletes weaponHolders, bags, mines, but also corpses and empty groups.

I'm probably going to add dedicated options for each kind of "trash" in the next update.

Speaking of updates, another one will arrive in a few days, with further optimisations. 😉 

4 hours ago, haleks said:

If I remember right, it was the only way to disable the light projector. I'll take a look at it, and maybe remove that tweak (it is also present in the Derelict mod for people who prefer terrains with no light source).

Alright. Maybe use the script or something similar instead? Overwriting configs is hardcore ) , very often creates different compat issues.

Speaking of updates, another one will arrive in a few days, with further optimisations. 😉 

Best regards from our CPU's  😉 more optimization is always welcome.

• Haha 1

Hi all, 

VA is updated to v 2.19.

Possibly interesting for ravage mission makers is that your ravage module loot settings can be applied onto VA content now. 

Also, ravaged gear and weapons are categorized now, so military style gear will spawn in military structures while you will only be able to find non military grade gear in civilian structures. 

VA AI will spawn with civilian grade gear with an adjustable chance to spawn with gear from the military grade pool. 

Full changenotes here:

Cheers vd

• Like 3

Hi

First of all, i would like to say thank you for your great mod.

Secondly i am building a persistant survival server for my team and i have 2 questions

- i use the save system to keep the equipment but is there a way to do the same for a box where we could keep our stuff ?

- can u tell me where the save system is located in my files system because i would like to erase some stuff after restarting the server

Thx

I've noticed that water/rain tanks and wells can be emptied with taking three bottles. Is there a way they could refresh if it rains?

12:19:21 Error in expression <g_gear_s = ["Gear", [
]];

_itemswArr = rvg_uniforms_lv0 + rvg_uniforms_lv1 + rv>
12:19:21   Error position: <rvg_uniforms_lv0 + rvg_uniforms_lv1 + rv>
12:19:21   Error foreach: Undefined variable in expression: rvg_uniforms_lv0

Update: This is Ravage Mod related bug. Still appear in RPT logs as of 10.12.2019

Hello Ravagers!

I'm pushing another small update! Nothing big, just another pass at optimising various scripts :

Tweaked:
Various optimisations on most background scripts.

Fixed:
Wrong Simulation type for "Land_Lighthouse_F".

New:
Added "Post-Apo" underwear to AI units spawned by Ravage.*

*It's basically just the brown version of the default underwear "uniform". It sounds like a stupid detail, but hey, there's no way anyone could keep their underwear that clean and white after a few weeks in the wastelands!

Let me know if you guys notice any changes performance-wise with the last updates, bad or good. I don't think it will have much impact in a dedicated environment, but hopefully low-end configs might notice some improvements in local MP or SP.

As always : have fun, and thanks to my supporters! 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, haleks said:

*It's basically just the brown version of the default underwear "uniform". It sounds like a stupid detail, but hey, there's no way anyone could keep their underwear that clean and white after a few weeks in the wastelands!

I absolutely agree! it is perfectly normal that my white underwear gets brown so quickly!

thanks for the update;)

• Haha 1

Is there a variable I can set to stop a zombie from attacking and causing damage? Or, since zombies attack all sides, except zombies, is there a variable I could set on the AI temporarily so the zombie thinks the AI is another zombie?

In my Point Blank Melee script, after AI beats zombie to ground and zombie ragdolls (zed setUnconscious true;), he is still causing damage to near AI.  I'd like to stop his ability to cause damage for a few seconds while down, giving AI time to shoot him or smash his head. 

Is this the right place to ask this question?  Thanks in advance.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:38 AM, haleks said:

Not yet. 😕

If you're talking about the one from the Settings module, yes : it deletes weaponHolders, bags, mines, but also corpses and empty groups.

I'm probably going to add dedicated options for each kind of "trash" in the next update.

Speaking of updates, another one will arrive in a few days, with further optimisations. 😉 

Any plans to make it so we can tweak HOW long dropped items stay on the ground before deletion?

Hi 

Is there a way to make the zombies only spawn at certain places on the map, maybe disable it and only place them with the Ambient zombie module where I want them to spawn?