2 hours ago, haleks said:

I'm guessing you're using _unit call rvg_fnc_equip instead of [_unit] call rvg_fnc_equip?

I've been somewhat inconsistent through the code : some functions require arguments passed in an array while others work the object passed directly.

So I thought it was fixed but after multiple respawns it happens again. Spawn in the air...fall to death. then spawn in the water and drown.  Both without randomized gear executing.

Is it possible calling for safezone / zedless area externally or it must be placed on mission creation and only possible on init via module?
I want to try and attach safe zones to a dynamically spawned missions locations, and make sure these dynamic missions are spawned into zedless areas.

11 hours ago, chernaruski said:

Is it possible calling for safezone / zedless area externally or it must be placed on mission creation and only possible on init via module?
I want to try and attach safe zones to a dynamically spawned missions locations, and make sure these dynamic missions are spawned into zedless areas.

very easy to write a script to delete zombies from an area, i use this method in my trader cities on my missions
the below just checks if theres any zombies within x radius of the position every 2 seconds and deletes them. 

// _pos is your mission position
// _rad is your deletion radius
// just set MISSION_COMPLETE to true in the win/fail/end conditions of your mission script so the loop ends.

MISSION_COMPLETE = false; 
for "_i" from 0 to 1 step 0 do {
	private _za = _pos nearEntities ["zombie", _rad];
	if !(_za isEqualTo []) then { { deleteVehicle _x; } count _za; };
	if (MISSION_COMPLETE) exitWith { _i = 2; };
	sleep 2;
};

canspawnzeds = false; 
I think the above if executed on a player stops zombies from spawning altogether, but im not sure and unable to test it at the moment. 
hope it helps. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 6:10 PM, whiteface73 said:

Ah, I see. I‘ll try to rearrange my code.

Thank you.

Errgh, I’ve found the problem. It was sitting in front of the computer. 🤪

I hadn‘t realized these items technically weren‘t items, but magazines, so clearItemCargoGlobal obviously couldn‘t work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JakeHekesFists said:

very easy to write a script to delete zombies from an area, i use this method in my trader cities on my missions
the below just checks if theres any zombies within x radius of the position every 2 seconds and deletes them. 

// _pos is your mission position
// _rad is your deletion radius
// just set MISSION_COMPLETE to true in the win/fail/end conditions of your mission script so the loop ends.

MISSION_COMPLETE = false; 
for "_i" from 0 to 1 step 0 do {
	private _za = _pos nearEntities ["zombie", _rad];
	if !(_za isEqualTo []) then { { deleteVehicle _x; } count _za; };
	if (MISSION_COMPLETE) exitWith { _i = 2; };
	sleep 2;
};

canspawnzeds = false; 
I think the above if executed on a player stops zombies from spawning altogether, but im not sure and unable to test it at the moment. 
hope it helps. 

Not so performance friendly I assume, first it spawns zeds then using loop it deletes them... but beggars can't be choosers, thanks @JakeHekesFists will try this out.

23 hours ago, chernaruski said:

Thats weird this command work for detect any parent class like blufor soldier, but didn't work with the ravage infected :

{_x iskindof "B_Soldier_base_F"} count thislist >= 1

thats work

{_x iskindof "zombie"} count thislist >= 1

not working

2 minutes ago, damsous said:

Thats weird this command work for detect any parent class like blufor soldier, but didn't work with the ravage infected :

{_x iskindof "B_Soldier_base_F"} count thislist >= 1

thats work

{_x iskindof "zombie"} count thislist >= 1

not working

Because they're not present in the thislist array. Remember that thisList is based on your Activation setting.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Trigger

• Like 2

Uploaded the mission file on google drive, tested for 70h on Dedicated server everything works fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@damsous, Sounds like you've done a great job there man, the mission sounds like a lot of fun too!!  Another neat idea with persistence in mind would be a Capture the Ravaged Flag scenario, could be fun with a few survival elements thrown in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EO said:

@damsous, Sounds like you've done a great job there man, the mission sounds like a lot of fun too!!  Another neat idea with persistence in mind would be a Capture the Ravaged Flag scenario, could be fun with a few survival elements thrown in.

Oh, you give me an idea, maybe i can just create a side scenario where the flag do thing at the ennemy base.

So a system where random shit happen to the enemy base when a player grab a flag to his base i can do thing like :

-bandit raid

-rain of infected

-radioactive area

-trigger an alias anomaly like the strigoi, flamer, swramer...

-make all the AI who guard the base crazy by decreasing rate, so they start to shoot on everyone.

-spawn mine around the base.

-spawn 3 vehicle veryclose from each other, 2 are a trap (explode if a player enter in the bad one)

so a lot of random thing

I can also make an anomaly trap flag by using the Alias twin script, the anomaly trigger when the flag reach one of the base.

• Like 4

Hey Ravagers, If you want to spice up your Ravage scenarios with some easy SFX, why not try out some Exploding Objects:shoot:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone,

I have a problem trying to add the Ambient Zombies module to my Exile dedicated server.

I have copied the "mission.sqm" of the Exile.Altis default mission that comes with Exile to the MPMissions of my Arma 3 Document Folder and then I have opened it with the 3d Editor and added the zombie ambient module. 

I have played the mission directly from the Editor and the Zombies are spawning, but when I copy the mission.sqm to the Exile.Altis mission of the server then the zombies don't spawn.

I have tryied to put a Zombie Horde Module and the Zeds are spawning, but i don't know how to make work the ambient zombie module.

Sry if I'm not very clear explaining my problem but I'm new with all this mission editing stuff. My english is not very good, so sry for this too.

Regards

37 minutes ago, EO said:

@Desperta Ferro, Welcome to the forum mate! 

I think @chernaruski is the go to man for some help with Ravage/Exile stuff, there's also an unofficial Exilemod Club here on the forum, you might find some useful info over there. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the quick answer and for the info!! I will wait to see if he (or any other) enlighten me with his wisdom.

I'll take a look to the Exilemod club too. 😄

Hey guys do any of you remember the code to make editor placed Ai talk or where to find it any help would be awesome Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

i am having a problem with my server i am hosting. whenever more than one person is on, the ravage gear pool weapon arrays break and the AI revert back to arma 3 weapons, uniforms backpacks etc. This also happens when the server is started for the first time after the mission.sqm file id edited.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Cheers

13 hours ago, Desperta Ferro said:

Thanks for the quick answer and for the info!! I will wait to see if he (or any other) enlighten me with his wisdom.

I'll take a look to the Exilemod club too. 😄

Join the discussion> 

• Like 1

Is there any chance the Ravage Survival crates can be replaced with their Syndikat variants, they look much more "Ravaged"

Spoiler

gkLtE5x.jpg

model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammoboxes\Proxy_UsBasicWeaponBox.p3d";
model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammoboxes\Proxy_UsBasicAmmoBox.p3d";
model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammoboxes\Proxy_UsLouncherBox.p3d";

• Like 3

....if not I'm working on some...

Spoiler

XNQgYjV.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, EO said:

....if not I'm working on some...

Hide contents

XNQgYjV.jpg

:rthumb:

Much much better than those syndicate ones! 

I wonder what could be inside!?? 

=p

I'm making a few boxes for some of my gear mods but I can't resist starting a set for Ravage...

Spoiler

Ra6cvhi.jpg690G6kL.jpg

Maybe the decals need to be centred a little better. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 5

On 7/23/2019 at 7:23 PM, haleks said:

@sniperb: iirc, yeah, Exile can be the problem : it probably requires you to whitelist functions so they can run in MP.

Hey Haleks , I'm trying to make the ravage's object search loot system to work with exile. I've been adding anything loot related to the function "whitelist" , but still no luck.
What functions you recommend adding to the whitelist for it to run in MP?

12 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

Hey Haleks , I'm trying to make the ravage's object search loot system to work with exile. I've been adding anything loot related to the function "whitelist" , but still no luck.
What functions you recommend adding to the whitelist for it to run in MP?

I think the following covers it :

rvg_fnc_init_loot
fnc_checkLoot
fnc_loadFrnt
fnc_findNearestBldCat
fnc_lootSearchAction

Note that most of these functions aren't properly configured (wich is something I really need to do some day...), but generated on the fly after module inits - it may be a problem, I have no idea to be honest.

The loot system also involves a few vanilla functions, but I don't think BIS scripts are blacklisted?

On 10/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, EO said:

Is there any chance the Ravage Survival crates can be replaced with their Syndikat variants, they look much more "Ravaged"

Reveal hidden contents

gkLtE5x.jpg

model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammoboxes\Proxy_UsBasicWeaponBox.p3d";
model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammoboxes\Proxy_UsBasicAmmoBox.p3d";
model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammoboxes\Proxy_UsLouncherBox.p3d";

Definitely a good idea mate!

I'm mostly working on MyST these days, but I plan on pushing a Ravage update before November (before Death Stranding hits the shelves, actually!). 😉 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, haleks said:

I'm mostly working on MyST these days....

That's very nice to hear! ^^