How do i delete MP saves? I'm pretty sure i had this option (maybe from editor or in SP!?). I remember a Reset/Restart Game button, but when i host my mission from multiplayer menu i don't see any option. We always spawn with inventory from last game..

5 minutes ago, Assaultimon said:

How do i delete MP saves? I'm pretty sure i had this option (maybe from editor or in SP!?). I remember a Reset/Restart Game button, but when i host my mission from multiplayer menu i don't see any option. We always spawn with inventory from last game..

Go to the "scenarios" tab, and you will see a "MP saves manager" scenario in the "Ravage" section : from there you can see and/or delete all MP saves on your profile.

...That reminds me I really really need to make a proper tool for admins... :/ 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, haleks said:

Go to the "scenarios" tab, and you will see a "MP saves manager" scenario in the "Ravage" section : from there you can see and/or delete all MP saves on your profile.

...That reminds me I really really need to make a proper tool for admins... 😕

If Ravage ever features a fully working database free load and save system such as iniDBI2 that is MP compatible and comes in module form I would buy it as an official DLC!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LSValmont said:

There is no denying that at some point you and Haleks should work together bringing this to Ravage itself...

There is no point in leaving all these "asked for/requested" features out of the main package as optional toggles.

I gotta step in here. I like VD Apocalypse and all, but I certainly do not want all of this stuff in Ravage. It's great as optional.

13 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I gotta step in here. I like VD Apocalypse and all, but I certainly do not want all of this stuff in Ravage. It's great as optional.

Exactly. For example I stopped using the ambiance module in ravage for fear of long term performance issues on my mission. Yet it is cool that the option is there and I can easily toggle it on and off.

I've just realized that ED-1E from the Contact DLC features the first official form of a Melee attack implemented in the whole Arma 3 series! (It only took them 6+ years to get it in).

Perhaps it can be adapted as a better way to handle zombie or even melee weapons attacks...

Hiho all,

I made an in-game equipment "categorization tool", because I am lazy and don't want to switch between previewing an item in the editor copy paste stuff into Atom all the time.

As an example, I will use this script to define gear-pools that are warm, medium warm, light and medium light so I can assign a temperature value for a survival/temperature script.

This seems to be an easy way to categorize all mods's e.g. uniforms and hats so such mod would be able to take in all popular mods.

All active mods are recognized and the following slots can be categorized:

Uniform

Backpack

Headgear

Glasses/facewear

Vests

Backpacks

Pistols

Rifles

Launchers

It is a first demo mission and i will be adding more features.

Maybe this is useful for you too:)

Showcase video how i used this to create seasonal uniform pools:

Cheers

VD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

no worries guys, there are no plans to merge anything;)

I ll be trying to design VA so that ravage always has a special place along with it tho:drinking2:

• Like 2

Hi ravagers

I am rebooting the basebuilding and crafting project. 

Actually I am starting from scratch, in the hopes that some recently acquired coding knowledge will do some good. 

I meanwhile have potential solutions for 3 issues that bugged me with the project before:

- i can create inventory items now (for ressources/material) 

- it seems that there was an update for Grad persistence that should allow me to save custom variables (all other saves where already working) 

- I decided to overcome the AI pathfinding/navigation mesh problem with some basebuilding rules/restrictions plus a "savezone" script. 

All of it motivated me to give the project another go. 

I would like to invite ravagers to follow the development and share their wishes and ideas for basebuilding and crafting accordingly and, once available, test the demo build and give feedback. 

Cheers

VD

PS: rest assured, I will do my best to limit the possibility to build exile like "sky-penis-sniper-towers" ;).... I have some ideas already. 

5C02F7886D9A434EAAB89EDB835D23444FE443D2

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Hi ravagers

I am rebooting the basebuilding and crafting project. 

Actually I am starting from scratch, in the hopes that some recently acquired coding knowledge will do some good. 

I meanwhile have potential solutions for 3 issues that bugged me with the project before:

- i can create inventory items now (for ressources/material) 

- it seems that there was an update for Grad persistence that should allow me to save custom variables (all other saves where already working) 

- I decided to overcome the AI pathfinding/navigation mesh problem with some basebuilding rules/restrictions plus a "savezone" script. 

All of it motivated me to give the project another go. 

I would like to invite ravagers to follow the development and share their wishes and ideas for basebuilding and crafting accordingly and, once available, test the demo build and give feedback. 

Cheers

VD

PS: rest assured, I will do my best to limit the possibility to build exile like "sky-penis-sniper-towers" ;).... I have some ideas already. 

5C02F7886D9A434EAAB89EDB835D23444FE443D2

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with....

You definately need to strike the sqf while the coding is hot...

I'm having trouble getting my forge started again lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There an ETA for Livonia getting furniture looting support? Seems about half of the buildings are DayZ ports of the Chernarus buildings. Also noticed the train crossing light still blips when set to -1. Another thing I noticed was the tracksuit (U_O_R_Gorka_01_black_f) from Contact can't be worn by BLUFOR.

I asked a few pages back and I don't think it was answered. I placed a few ammo boxes in my mission and the space-bar looting wrap script is on them...how do I remove it from specific objects?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

You definately need to strike the sqf while the coding is hot...

Absolutely 😉

1 hour ago, ArteyFlow said:

Only one way up, only one way down.

#one way in

Spoiler

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Recaldy said:

I asked a few pages back and I don't think it was answered. I placed a few ammo boxes in my mission and the space-bar looting wrap script is on them...how do I remove it from specific objects?

You can turn those ammo boxes into simple objects by ticking the simple object box in the objects special states section. This will turn the ammo box into a piece of scenery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First of all, I want to thank the mod author for making this awesome mod and for all the time he put into making it even better!

Let me ask one question; is there any way to make certain (manually put in the editor) zombies passive? I am making a mission with Ravage and I have this research dome, where I have fenced off area with "captured zeds" for "studying purposes". I've tried almost everything I can think of, putting invisible walls around the fence, various disableAI with "PATH" and "MOVE" but it seems to have no effect on them. They will get so pissed of when they see the player so they will eventually get around every obstacle I throw at them, including multiple invisible walls in stacks. 🤣

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

First of all, I want to thank the mod author for making this awesome mod and for all the time he put into making it even better!

Let me ask one question; is there any way to make certain (manually put in the editor) zombies passive? I am making a mission with Ravage and I have this research dome, where I have fenced off area with "captured zeds" for "studying purposes". I've tried almost everything I can think of, putting invisible walls around the fence, various disableAI with "PATH" and "MOVE" but it seems to have no effect on them. They will get so pissed of when they see the player so they will eventually get around every obstacle I throw at them, including multiple invisible walls in stacks. 🤣

Hi!

Right now, the only solution I can think of (but that's after a frustrating day at work) is the following piece of code :

_zed spawn {
	while {true} do {//use any condition that suits your needs instead of 'true', ex : _this inarea 'sometrigger'
		_this setVariable ["_zTarget", nil];
		sleep 0.1;//zeds look for targets every 0.5 seconds, we just need a shorter delay to "beat" it.
	};
};

It's a "nasty" workaround, but the code isn't designed for such situations... I'll think on it and see if I can improve the framework regarding that.

34 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

I am making a mission with Ravage and I have this research dome, where I have fenced off area with "captured zeds" for "studying purposes". I've tried almost everything I can think of, putting invisible walls around the fence, various disableAI with "PATH" and "MOVE" but it seems to have no effect on them. They will get so pissed of when they see the player so they will eventually get around every obstacle I throw at them, including multiple invisible walls in stacks. 🤣

Is your fenced off area populated by hand placed zeds?.....if so, then it's possible to achieve this.

Add this code to the init of a hand placed zed....

this spawn { 
 _uStayThere = getpos _this; 
 while {alive _this} do { 
  sleep 1; 
  if (_this distance _uStayThere > 15 && isNil {_this getVariable "_zTarget"}) then { 
   _this doMove _uStayThere; 
   _this forceSpeed 2; 
  }; 
 }; 

The zed will wander no more than 15m from where you placed him. (the distance can be edited to suit your needs)

The great thing about this is it makes your hand placed zeds act independently from the Ambient Zombie module, so you can have "captive" zeds as well as regular roaming zeds.

All credit to @haleks for the code, which helped greatly when I was creating my Sirens mission.

Here's a little clip of the code in action...

• Like 3

Lol, I should have mention the zeds will still get pissed when they see a player....you could still bump the zeds visual detection to near zero, that would help too.

Hey guys I was playing around with the new objects added from Contact and I noticed the decontamination Shower so I threw together a small Composition called The Decontamination Tent. I was wondering if it would actually be possible to make it functionable with some code I would like for it to have the ability to remove Radiation sickness from players. Not sure exactly how to post a picture directly so I added a link to it in the spoiler if you wanted to check it out. :float:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all your answers!

1 hour ago, haleks said:

It's a "nasty" workaround, but the code isn't designed for such situations... I'll think on it and see if I can improve the framework regarding that.

Oh, no need, if it wouldn't be possible I would just place "dead" zeds inside the fence. 

1 hour ago, EO said:

Add this code to the init of a hand placed zed....

This looks like exactly what I need, however, when I add this inside the init field, I get error shown in the picture below, like... nothing. It won't show on where the error is so I can't determine what is wrong.

http://tinypic.com/r/orufy9/9

One thing though, I will make sure I'll play your mission "Sirens", for some unknown reason I've missed it when I was searching for Ravage missions.

9 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

This looks like exactly what I need, however, when I add this inside the init field, I get error shown in the picture below, like... nothing. It won't show on where the error is so I can't determine what is wrong.

My bad, the code needs an extra set bracket/semi colon.....

this spawn { 
 _uStayThere = getpos _this; 
 while {alive _this} do { 
  sleep 1; 
  if (_this distance _uStayThere > 5 && isNil {_this getVariable "_zTarget"}) then { 
   _this doMove _uStayThere; 
   _this forceSpeed 2; 
  }; 
 }; 
}; 

That will work. :rthumb:

11 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

One thing though, I will make sure I'll play your mission "Sirens", for some unknown reason I've missed it when I was searching for Ravage missions.

Keep expectations very low my friend, it's really just a very small taster of a larger mission yet to be published.

40 minutes ago, EO said:

My bad, the code needs an extra set bracket/semi colon.....

Thanks, works like a charm now! Should have figured a missing bracket myself, though... guess I'm working on this mission for too long today.

I've found myself watching the circus for about five minutes with a smile on my face, I really love Ravage 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, XerXesCZ said:

Thanks, works like a charm now! Should have figured a missing bracket myself, though... guess I'm working on this mission for too long today.

I've found myself watching the circus for about five minutes with a smile on my face, I really love Ravage 😂

lol I snagged the code myself threw some zombies in a cage and it works XD awesome (:

• Haha 1