@haleks or anyone that might know, hiho!

I am looking for a way to spawn in Ravage traders during the mission.

So far I only get the "istrader" to work, if i spawn in an AI right at mission init.

If i spawn AI that are supposed to be traders later on, even 5 minutes into the mission, they will not be "traders".

Any idea? Since Ravage spawns in traders on the go, I assume that there is a way to do it.

The custom trader post on the wiki is awesome, thanks to whoever posted that!

I have made a weapon attachment trader (pulling attachments from config files, so all loaded mods will be considered), if you want to add that to the wiki:

Spoiler

_muzzles = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 101 && getNumber (_x>> 'scope') >1" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};
_optics = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 201 && getNumber (_x>> 'scope') >1" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};
_bipods = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 302 && getNumber (_x>> 'scope') >1" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};
_flashlights = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 301 && getNumber (_x>> 'scope') >1" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};

rvg_attachments_custom = ["Weapon Attachments",

[

[selectrandom _muzzles, 100+selectrandom[1,5,10,-1,-5,-10],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 3)], // selects random item, sets price +/- price volatility, sets available amount of items to 1 + a random aditional amount between 0 and 3
[selectrandom _optics, 100+selectrandom[1,5,10,-1,-5,-10],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 3)],
[selectrandom _bipods, 100+selectrandom[1,5,10,-1,-5,-10],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 3)],
[selectrandom _flashlights, 100+selectrandom[1,5,10,-1,-5,-10],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 3)]
  ]

];
this setVariable ["istrader", "rvg_attachments_custom", true];

Explosives trader example:

Spoiler

_explosives = [
"APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag",
"APERSMine_Range_Mag",
"APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag",
"ATMine_Range_Mag",
"ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag",
"DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",
"SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",
"IEDLandBig_Remote_Mag",
"IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Mag",
"SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Mag",
"IEDLandSmall_Remote_Mag",
"IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Mag"
];

rvg_explosives_custom = ["Explosives",

[

[selectrandom _explosives, 150+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgMagazines", 1+floor (random 2)],
[selectrandom _explosives, 150+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgMagazines", 1+floor (random 2)],
[selectrandom _explosives, 150+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgMagazines", 1+floor (random 2)]
    ]

];
this setVariable ["istrader", "rvg_explosives_custom", true];

Special trader, e.g. recon gear trader:

Spoiler

_binoc = selectrandom ["Rangefinder"];
_optic = selectrandom ["optic_LRPS"];
_unif = selectRandom ["U_B_T_FullGhillie_tna_F"];
_nv = selectRandom ["NVGoggles_INDEP"];

//above are arrays, hence you could add multiple items of the same type, for some variety. Eg. different optics or ghillies

rvg_reconSupplies_custom = ["Recon Supplies",

[

[_binoc, 350+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 2)],
      [_optic, 350+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 2)],
      [_nv, 350+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 2)],
     [_unif,350+selectrandom[5,15,30,-5,-15,-30],"CfgWeapons", 1+floor (random 2)]

]

];
this setVariable ["istrader", "rvg_reconSupplies_custom", true];

you can put this into the AI's init field or replace "this" with the AI's Variable Name if used in script.

If I can spawn in traders after mission init, i ll be able to include traders with gear based off my VA mod user settings.

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
EDIT: added different trader types
  • Like 5

@Vandeanson: You probably need to execute it manually. The AI module will do that for present units at mission start, but it doesn't check for new traders later on.

[_unit] execVM "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\isTrader.sqf";

@MuRaZorWitchKING: Damn, that sounds like a neat feature! ^^

That's definitely not vanilla behaviour - is the Lada from GM?

By the way guys, a preview version of my next release has been uploaded on Patreon!

Invasion!

1.jpg?token-time=1566518400&token-hash=S

Hello Patreons!

Time to give you a first glimpse at a little project for Arma 3 Contact : "Invaders". This new mod adds a new module for the 3den editor, under the "Invaders" section. The module is basically an ambient spawner system for the "small" alien entities from the Contact DLC. Aliens spawned by Invaders use the scripted behaviours designed by BIS in a dynamic manner : they will move around, investigating our world, and react to hostile presence around them.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/invasion-29036329

I'm working on additional options at the moment; as usual, the final version will be released soon (maybe within a couple weeks).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

How would I go about forcing spawned AI to use attachments? Just add them in the array or...? Everything being iron sights in my missions isn't that much fun is the feedback I'm getting.

2 hours ago, Recaldy said:

How would I go about forcing spawned AI to use attachments? Just add them in the array or...? Everything being iron sights in my missions isn't that much fun is the feedback I'm getting.

yep just add some classnames that include the attachments you desire to the array and you should be good to go. example - "CUP_srifle_LeeEnfield_optic_SB_11_4x20_PM"

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, Hans(z) said:

I tested new audio detection and I must say, that it worked best with vanila weapons (suppressed/unsuppressed) ASP-KIR 🔇= silent zeds killer!

With RHS, and CUP I didn't get good results.... zeds reacted equally to suppressed/unsuppressed rifles and even with VSS and AS VAL (special subsonic ammo) heard me.

I tried multiple values and I didn't find good one. With lover values I was able to go stealth (suppressor), but mid range zeds didn't react to unsuppressed shoots.

I'm waiting for CBA update because with Contact DLC came DMS optics for ASP KIR (zeroing from 50m to 600m by smaller increments), but with CBA loaded I can't mount DMS(KIR) on any other rifle than from Contact DLC.

@haleks are you going to add special suits and masks from Contact DLC to antiradiation equipement?

I believe he already has (:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haleks said:

is the Lada from GM?

CUP vehicle.

It is odd though, the game feels a bit smoother than normal as well, unless I’ve honestly just been away from it for that long? I mean the update for all the Contact stuff was what? Over 9 Gigabytes? 

Like I said, been a way for awhile, so it is definitely possible I’m just imagining it... Though with Dynamic simulation across the WHOLE Chernarus Redux map, that tends to also help with performance. So, it may just be me. 😌😬👀

Cheers brother. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, haleks said:

@Vandeanson: You probably need to execute it manually. The AI module will do that for present units at mission start, but it doesn't check for new traders later on.

Thanks! works like a charm!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Ii am creating templates for tradeposts/tradercamps.....

Maybe a good opportunity to create some post-apo trader posts that reflect what the trader sells....a junkyard for a trader who deals in vehicle parts, a ramshackle refinery for a trader who deals in fuel....

Searching "Ravage" under recent on the workshop yields four of my missions...am I late to the trend? Took a long break from ARMA 3 but I figured it would be a bit more...popular?

Another question: Will Livonia get some building support for the looting/prop system? Many buildings (Chernarus lookalikes) are empty with the latest version of Ravage.

Hiho all,

Quick ravage related update of VA's Zombie Infection Feature.

Infection System update:

New:

- Inventory item: Anti Virus Pill (AVP), with model and inventory picture, classname "VA_AVM_Pill_F"

- Inventory item: Anti Virus Injector (AVI), with model and inventory picture, classname "VA_AVM_Injector_F"

- killed AI (non Zombie) may get AVP or AVI added to their inventory when killed (so no gearpools must be updated or your preferred AI spawner must be updated)

- AVP and AVI will be part of the VA Loot Economy (hence they may spawn in buildings

- Infection: for ravage users, the infection will drain hunger and thirst, in addition to health and stamina

- Base Infection Symptom Frequency (BISF): default delay between Infection Symptoms (see point above)

- Current Infection Symptom Frequency (CISF): each Symptom tick, the delay between Symptoms is reduced by 5%, so the infection will hurt more often the longer it lasts -> increasing frequency

- AVP: will increase the delay between Symptoms, up to a certain maximum (can not be longer than 110% of BISF)

- AVI: will cure and remove the infection

- Settings: BISF, AVB-dropchance, AVI-dropchance and the infection chance per hit can all be adjusted or the feature can be turned off

- AVI and AVP are stackable and have "realistic" weight

- Consumation is no longer an instant Addaction but a 4 or 10 seconds HoldAction with reduced walking speed while in progress

- AVI and AVP can only be used (Holdaction appears) when all conditions below are met:

-- no weapon in hands

-- player is infected

-- player has atleast 1 AVP or AVI in his inventory

In the video you can see how the player gets infected and how the infection and pill consummation affects the following player stats:

- Health

- Stamina

- ravage Hunger (-5% each tick)

- ravage Thirst (-10% each tick)

- CISF

.. and how the AVI cures it.

Doing some more testing and tuning (of the symptom effects) and will be updated along with the new tradercamp.

cheers

vd

• Like 7

Oi!

The Ravage clean up system also cleans up my minefields!

Cheers

I finally started to pickup on streaming, did a quick little video on The Burning Rain, found an error and fixed it in a small hotfix. I guess while working on the 1.3V update I for some reason removed the vehicle module which removed repairs and refueling... 😬 So I quickly added them back in haha!

I also, ended up surprising EO with the way my voice sounds, Haha! 😂😂

If anyone wants me to do videos on their stuff or what not feel free to send me the details (I’m trying to make this a fun new hobby, of course aside from editing 😉 )

Cheers mates!

My Twitch:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I finally started to pickup on streaming, did a quick little video on The Burning Rain, found an error and fixed it in a small hotfix. I guess while working on the 1.3V update I for some reason removed the vehicle module which removed repairs and refueling... 😬 So I quickly added them back in haha!

I also, ended up surprising EO with the way my voice sounds, Haha! 😂😂

If anyone wants me to do videos on their stuff or what not feel free to send me the details (I’m trying to make this a fun new hobby, of course aside from editing 😉 )

Cheers mates!

My Twitch:

How did you disable refueling at gas stations on Cherno Redux?

17 minutes ago, Recaldy said:

How did you disable refueling at gas stations on Cherno Redux?

I accidentally disabled refueling all together by removing the vehicle module, but doing this also removes repairs.

If you want to remove Gas stations as a source use Haleks Ravage CUP mod, as it disables some features on the CUP terrains. 

Ghosts of Pripyat...

mSbq36m.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Today I learned "Dynamic Animation speed" turns on stamina even when the units atributes has it turned off. I'd love to consider my missions finished but I keep discovering/learning things that make me go back and update the missions. 😫

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Recaldy said:

I'd love to consider my missions finished but I keep discovering/learning things that make me go back and update the missions. 

THIS...IS...AAARMAAAA! 😉 (i feel with you!)

• Like 2

@haleksHaving fun using the Ghosts on Chernobyl Zone, just curious if there is anything that could be added to the myst_z.sqf to only spawn Ghosts during night time hours.

Edit: Brainfade, scratch that. ^^ :icon18:

• Like 1

hi all,

some of the contributes here have made mods with changed gear, weapons or inventory items, using BIS assets and I wanted to ask for your opinion:

I am creating inventory Items taking models from the BIS assets, e.g. food items, medical items... and so on.

I assume the same was done with the ravage items.

Can I:

- use the BIS models for my items

- take pictures of the models as inventory picture

- and specially - can I alter e.g. the color of a Tactical Bacon can inventory picture that i took?

Non monetized mod of course, but do I need to consider something here or am I good to go?

Figured I grab the communities experience first before opening a threat, I hope I am forgiven for the offtopic..=P

cheers

vd

33 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Can I:....

I'd say yes to all of the above.

What your intending to do with inventory items is no different to what I did with say a vest, hat or backpack.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, EO said:

I'd say yes to all of the above.

What your intending to do with inventory items is no different to what I did with say a vest, hat or backpack.

NO! I just copy paste stuff, YOU made gear better! :slayer::slayer:

Thanks for the feedback too:) 

• Haha 2

Hiho ravages 

VA received a few ravage related updates last night that are hopefully of interest for you  guys. 

New features:

bleeding system:

- taking a hit might make you bleed

- bleeding will reduce your blood pool from 100 down to 0

- at lower blood levels you will start to take damage and suffer visual effects (continuous loss of color, random blur effects) 

- bleeding must be stopped by a new inventory item "bandage" (holdaction) 

- bloodbags can be used to restore blood to 100

- when at full health and with ravage hunger and thirst above 90, blood starts to fill up automatically and slowly

- holdaction is only, available when no weapons are equipped and if bleeding

Tradercamp:

- new compositions/type of camps 

- all ravage traders added

- custom ravage weapon attachements trader added (includes all active mods) 

- traders should now be MP compatible as i am using the ravage system 

- multiple tradercamps may be spawned

- both automated placement and marker placement is possible

- tradercamps do not despawn, they stay

Zombie Infection:

- overhauled

- new infected visual effects

- new inventory items to battle the infection

- anti virus pills to supress and slow down the infections damage taking effect (will not remove the infection tho) 

- anti virus injectors to cure infections

- by default, ravage zombies cause the infection

Loot Economy:

- the new items are included in the spawn system

- killed non zombie AI will have a chance to have any of the above items in the inventory (resp. code at the curtesy of @GEORGE FLOROS GR). No need to update your AI spawners or loot pools. 

ALL of the above can be customized/disabled by the mission maker, make sure to review the Vandeanson Apocalypse settings under Addon Options! 

Other minor fixes

Usage:

- please make sure to adjust the VA settings under the SERVER tab, and tick the boxes to OVERWRITE MISSION and OVERWRITE CLIENTS

- this way your settings are locked and connected players can not alter the settings during the mission (except the admin) 

1053E042432E2EEE2B7AA93FC2372C623F626085

Enjoy the mod and please let me know if you stumble over potential issues or things that do not seems to feel like nice game mechanics to you. 

Such feedback helps me to improve the mod.

If you like it please give the mod a thumbs up on steam. 

Next up/work in progress features:

- VA hunger thirst and sickness system

- finetuning of the traders

- relaunch of the basebuilding feature, i will start from scratch

- planning to start working on a temperature system

- rewriting the site spawn position finders to no longer depend on area exclusion markers for maps like chernarus, where sites would currently spawn outside the map without user placed blacklist area markers

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hiho ravages 

VA received a few ravage related updates last night that are hopefully of interest for you  guys. 

New features:

bleeding system:

- taking a hit might make you bleed

- bleeding will reduce your blood pool from 100 down to 0

- at lower blood levels you will start to take damage and suffer visual effects (continuous loss of color, random blur effects) 

- bleeding must be stopped by a new inventory item "bandage" (holdaction) 

- bloodbags can be used to restore blood to 100

- when at full health and with ravage hunger and thirst above 90, blood starts to fill up automatically and slowly

- holdaction is only, available when no weapons are equipped and if bleeding

Tradercamp:

- new compositions/type of camps 

- all ravage traders added

- custom ravage weapon attachements trader added (includes all active mods) 

- traders should now be MP compatible as i am using the ravage system 

- multiple tradercamps may be spawned

- both automated placement and marker placement is possible

- tradercamps do not despawn, they stay

Zombie Infection:

- overhauled

- new infected visual effects

- new inventory items to battle the infection

- anti virus pills to supress and slow down the infections damage taking effect (will not remove the infection tho) 

- anti virus injectors to cure infections

- by default, ravage zombies cause the infection

Loot Economy:

- the new items are included in the spawn system

- killed non zombie AI will have a chance to have any of the above items in the inventory (resp. code at the curtesy of @GEORGE FLOROS GR). No need to update your AI spawners or loot pools. 

ALL of the above can be customized/disabled by the mission maker, make sure to review the Vandeanson Apocalypse settings under Addon Options! 

Other minor fixes

Usage:

- please make sure to adjust the VA settings under the SERVER tab, and tick the boxes to OVERWRITE MISSION and OVERWRITE CLIENTS

- this way your settings are locked and connected players can not alter the settings during the mission (except the admin) 

1053E042432E2EEE2B7AA93FC2372C623F626085

Enjoy the mod and please let me know if you stumble over potential issues or things that do not seems to feel like nice game mechanics to you. 

Such feedback helps me to improve the mod.

If you like it please give the mod a thumbs up on steam. 

Next up/work in progress features:

- VA hunger thirst and sickness system

- finetuning of the traders

- relaunch of the basebuilding feature, i will start from scratch

- planning to start working on a temperature system

- rewriting the site spawn position finders to no longer depend on area exclusion markers for maps like chernarus, where sites would currently spawn outside the map without user placed blacklist area markers

Cheers

Vd

There is no denying that at some point you and Haleks should work together bringing this to Ravage itself...

There is no point in leaving all these "asked for/requested" features out of the main package as optional toggles.