13 minutes ago, Recaldy said:

This is a bit off topic but I have to ask. I have several missions on the workshop...they all -pretty much- have the same mod requirements yet the saves don't stay. How can I fix that? "Ravage Chernarus Mayhem Tour" is the most recent example from last night. Job mission still has saves and thats the same plus a uniform pack. My altis scenario still has game saves.

It is up to the mission creator whether saves are allowed or not.  And there are many ways that they can be disabled.

Ravage has it's own module 'Save System' in the editor to enable saves for SP or MP

The mission creator can add saving = 0; in the description.ext

or many mission creators may use 'enableSaving' in the init.sqf or somewhere else

enableSaving false; // Saving disabled and make autosave.
enableSaving true;  // Saving enabled without autosave.

enableSaving [ false, false ]; // Saving disabled without autosave.
enableSaving [ false, true  ]; // Saving disabled and make autosave.
enableSaving [ true,  false ]; // Saving enabled without autosave.
enableSaving [ true,  true  ]; // Saving enabled and make autosave.

• Like 1

This is a bit off-topic, but Nine Inch Nails goes great when listened to whilst playing Ravage, the song "Eraser" especially goes well with Ravage 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

This is a bit off-topic, but Nine Inch Nails goes great when listened to whilst playing Ravage, the song "Eraser" especially goes well with Ravage 😉

I made meself a small private addon with the music from Homeworld 2 : they work beautifully with any post-apo setting. ❤️ 

Obviously it's not something I can share; but FYI : with the custom soundtrack entry in the Settings module, it's definitely worth making your own addon with your favorite tunes configured in CfgMusic. Just load your private addon, enter the track names you configured, and enjoy the end of the world with style!

• Like 5

Is there any easy way to disable Zombie randomization (uniform, headgear, etc). I want to be able to place a zombie,  but I want to dictate the items the zombie is wearing.

The latest Humble Bundle is a Bohemia one (again). Perhaps worth it to pick up ArmA games for friends.
$1 for ArmA 2, Take on Helicopters, Take on Mars and Carrier Command

$8.70 (beat the average) for ArmA 3, Ylands, Original War and Pound of Ground

$20 for ArmA 3 Apex and ArmA 2 Anniversary Edition

$30 for DayZ

I wish Take on Mars hadn't been abandoned as I love the idea.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/bohemia-interactive-2019-bundle

• Like 2

From someone who's been using Ravage since Day1, the custom music feature is probably my favourite recent addition. I have a few playlists down already, currently digging my Paul Lemel Dramaturgy/Cosmogony playlist on winter Weferlingen.

@acebelew

Add this to the init of a single zombie unit:

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, haleks said:

Just load your private addon, enter the track names you configured, and enjoy the end of world with style!

I swear by this mod here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1241545493

As it says in the name, it works like a Radio, so you can turn it off when you like to use your hearing to the fullest - ya know, darkness, no NVG, and the zeds getting meaner & tougher as per RAVAGE options...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, haleks said:

I made meself a small private addon with the music from Homeworld 2 : they work beautifully with any post-apo setting. ❤️ 

Obviously it's not something I can share; but FYI : with the custom soundtrack entry in the Settings module, it's definitely worth making your own addon with your favorite tunes configured in CfgMusic. Just load your private addon, enter the track names you configured, and enjoy the end of world with style!

I think I might add Dayz mod's soundtrack to my Ravage missions to replicate the old-school DayZ mod gameplay experience pretty soon. I even have Namalsk's unique soundtrack too. Ravage is about to get a whole lot better 😉

• Like 2

Good call. ^^ That music still sparks up a feeling....

Speaking of Dayz mod soundtrack, I still have an unpublished mod for DayZ that implemented the original soundtrack back into the terrain itself, so the music changed dynamically as you traversed the terrain. I didn't release it because of licence uncertainties. 

Spoiler

Mind you, those videos have been up for a while now and I've never been flagged for licence infringement.

• Like 3

I tested new audio detection and I must say, that it worked best with vanila weapons (suppressed/unsuppressed) ASP-KIR 🔇= silent zeds killer!

With RHS, and CUP I didn't get good results.... zeds reacted equally to suppressed/unsuppressed rifles and even with VSS and AS VAL (special subsonic ammo) heard me.

I tried multiple values and I didn't find good one. With lover values I was able to go stealth (suppressor), but mid range zeds didn't react to unsuppressed shoots.

I'm waiting for CBA update because with Contact DLC came DMS optics for ASP KIR (zeroing from 50m to 600m by smaller increments), but with CBA loaded I can't mount DMS(KIR) on any other rifle than from Contact DLC.

@haleks are you going to add special suits and masks from Contact DLC to antiradiation equipement?

• Like 2

Actually, how did you guys get your custom soundtracks up and running? What does your "cfgMusic" entries look like? I tried both this:

Spoiler

class CfgMusic
{
tracks[]={};

class music1
{
name = "music1";
sound[] = {"\music\music1.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
};
class music2
{
name = "music2";
sound[] = {"\music\music2.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
};
class music3
{
name = "music3";
sound[] = {"\music\music3.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
};
class music4
{
name = "music4";
sound[] = {"\music\music4.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
};
class music5
{
name = "music5";
sound[] = {"\music\music5.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
};

};

and this:

Spoiler

class CfgMusic
{
tracks[]={"music1","music2","music3","music4","music5"};

I couldn't get the music playing with either of those formats. Not sure if I'm just being stupid and the answer is obvious, or if there's more to it than that LUL

Hey ravager, just a little hello here  to share a game i discovered few weeks ago... maybe you already know...

If you like Ravage and if you like RPG you will like this game, (maybe this game will give you nice idea for ravage gamemode)

Its Kenshi, a post-apo survival RPG and community management, its an open source game so there is mods on Nexus or steamworkshop.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Here is an alternative no script option ! :

Damn, I clicked that link and "SEPTIC MIND" was playing. Looks like I just found a new favorite band 😂😂

• Thanks 1

There a way to prevent the space bar loot script from wrapping the ammo boxes I put into my scenario

12 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Actually, how did you guys get your custom soundtracks up and running? What does your "cfgMusic" entries look like?

I couldn't get the music playing with either of those formats. Not sure if I'm just being stupid and the answer is obvious, or if there's more to it than that LUL

There a couple of ways...you could define CfgMusic within an individual mission via Description.ext plus a music folder. Personally I prefer the way haleks suggested and create your own personal soundtrack addon, this way you can store all your tunes in the one place then just add the classnames to the Ravage Custom Music array.

I've prepared a small template for anyone unsure of the process of creating your own music pbo, the zip file contains a working pbo and a de-pbo version, just swap/add your own tunes to the music folder for profit. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eat2kd73k3mf2zw/AABobx2chk8QfFsYVawjYuSba?dl=0   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The advanced AI driving is making a huge difference to general gameplay, the drivers are so smart now they are finding new ways to garbage collect zeds...

Spoiler

8NMnEjG.jpg

• Haha 4

I believe that either Wastelands or Exile had a move all items action, to move all the inventory from a dead body to your inventory.  Does anyone have a script or know of one, that I can add into my mission.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

I think I might add Dayz mod's soundtrack to my Ravage missions to replicate the old-school DayZ mod gameplay experience pretty soon...

I already have another soundtrack pbo that has the original DayZ samples, I think there are around 35 samples in total. I'd be happy to share if you like. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EO said:

I already have another soundtrack pbo that has the original DayZ samples, I think there are around 35 samples in total. I'd be happy to share if you like. 

Oh no thats fine, I think I just about have my own DayZ custom soundtrack up and running, there's just one more thing I have to fix. Thanks for sharing the other thing too.

• Like 1

FYI, on my dedicated server, the trader greeting does not appear to work.  Does the greeting work for you guys?

_h = selectRandom ["rvg_a_hub_350_greet_player_ALP_0", "rvg_a_hub_350_greet_player_BRA_0", "rvg_a_hub_350_greet_player_CHA_0", "rvg_a_hub_350_greet_player_ALPB_0"];
[_unit, _h] remoteExec ["directSay", 0, false];

I have tested in a few conditions.  I created a simple VR map/mission with just myself and a single trader, I also tested using dynamically created traders.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EO said:

I'm thinking it might just be possible to upload this soundtrack as a proper workshop mod for Ravagers to subscribe then use with the Ravage Custom Music feature.

There is a "Legacy Sounds" mod on the DayZ workshop that contains a range of samples from the Arma 2 mod, it also includes the Chronos/Klankbeeld music. This mod is covered by the ADPL-SA and hasn't, as yet received a DMCA.  

From what I can see there is legitimacy to release the soundtrack to the Arma 3 workshop under the same ADPL-SA licence. 

Any thoughts or fears folks?.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EO said:

I'm thinking it might just be possible to upload this soundtrack as a proper workshop mod for Ravagers to subscribe too for use with the Ravage's own Custom Music feature.

There is a "Legacy Sounds" mod on the DayZ workshop that contains a range of samples from the Arma 2 mod, it also includes the Chronos/Klankbeeld music. This mod is covered by the ADPL-SA and hasn't, as yet received a DMCA.  

From what I can see there is legitimacy to release the soundtrack to the Arma 3 workshop under the same ADPL-SA licence. 

Any thoughts or fears folks?.... 

Actually, that sounds great!! Also, I checked out the "Legacy Sounds" mod, and I'm definitely subbing to that if/when I get DayZ!

• Thanks 1

Finally got around to my update on “The Burning Rain” the Newest most up to date version is now public on the workshop, no need to join the Beta. 😉 

In other Arma News... This new update brought a lot of shit (Arma’s update, not mine) you now have to right click to grab items from inventories (unless this has always been a thing?) And now cars are susceptible to severe engine damage if overly revved?

I was in a Lada, cruising down the coastal highway in Chernarus Redux getting to a Military location in my scenario and I had the car pinned the whole way, well... Some bandit shit went down (of course) So upon swerving off the road and getting away from them, I tried to climb up a small hill, and my guy pinned the engine to where the rev limiter kicked in, then *poof* engine status red, car locked up. Done. I was in amazement, but Also fear because I had a fairly large group of baddies roughly 350m out and I know Ravage... Those bastards will hunt you down. Had quite a good laugh at killing a car by attempting to climb a hill though... 

Anyhow Cheers mates.

🍻🍻

• Like 7