3 hours ago, Gill93 said:

have them using quad bikes that would be cool 🙂

4 hours ago, LSValmont said:

New furniture for the furniture God:

PS: Including toilets now!

Toilets... lol... you could creep people out with some creative compos with a toilet and some blood stains lol

3 hours ago, Gill93 said:

have them using quad bikes that would be cool 🙂

now thats a great idea idea in keeping with the theme

The NDS 6x6 ATV is one of my favs.

... although I thought it would be interesting to see a bandit car and a renegade car go at it while one snuck steathily out of town lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@ArteyFlow: With "Display Errors" enabled, the module will show invalid classnames at mission start - those are also stored in your RPT files.

Check it out : I think you have wrong uniforms names ("CUP_I_B_PMC_Unit_1" for instance is a unit class, not the uniform itself).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, haleks said:

@ArteyFlow: With "Display Errors" enabled, the module will show invalid classnames at mission start - those are also stored in your RPT files.

Check it out : I think you have wrong uniforms names ("CUP_I_B_PMC_Unit_1" for instance is a unit class, not the uniform itself).

Oh yeah, I've already tested the Gear Pool with Display Errors enabled, and I've already fixed all the classnames that popped up errors. Also, that classname is actually the classname of the uniform itself, and not a unit. Here's proof from the Virtual Arsenal:

A30F5476A533AE04CA2091BAB955A2A27C2E2F4F

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

he NDS 6x6 ATV is one of my favs.

Same here!

• Like 2

Also, I had to lower the zombie damage output to "4" just so I'm able to survive more than 4 of their OP hits 😔

6 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

The ai still don't seem to be spawning with things from the classnames I have listed in the Gear Pool 🤔. I just did some extensive testing with Zeus enabled to see what all the ai spawned with, and only a very small handful spawned with weapons that I have defined in the Gear Pool, 99% of them still spawn with ArmA 3 weapons and whatnot. I didn't see any ai spawned in with uniforms, vests, backpacks, etc from the classnames I defined.

I made multiple tests with the mission file you provided, and from what I can tell, the gearpool module works as intended.

All the loadouts generated by the rvg_fnc_equip function were consistent with the custom arrays; although you are using a lot of vanilla items in your arrays, I had a fairly good number of items from CUP etc in most loadouts.

You should definitely reduce the number of vanilla items if you want to see more of the other stuff : roughly 60-70% of your 'common uniforms' are vanilla.

This is especially true for weapons, since they are sorted according to a set of values : depending on those, some weapons will be selected more often than others. This could lead to vanilla weapons being picked up more frequently, as 3rd party addons may not use the same references in their configs.

Note that I don't have RHS or HLC installed though; I'll download them later and run more tests, but so far I reckon it's just a question of balancing your lists. By the way, a fast way to test your gearpool settings is to run this on the player with the debug console :

[player] call rvg_fnc_equip

You don't have to hunt for spawned AI with Zeus, and can generate dozens of loadouts in a few seconds. ^^

• Like 5

The only issue I’ve noticed with the “call rvg_fnc_equip” setup is and I Totally think this is due to a HUGE mission file. (The Burning Rain) 

But as @kodabar was testing my newer update he noticed some of the AI were spawning in their underwear, he would retry, they would spawn with gear...? I think the system isn’t grabbing it quickly enough at times, due to restrictions on usage of resources. (Possibility)

Other then that and I’m not worried about the above, I can easily equip them with some random friths gear or something, no biggie. The issue could again also be from a weird array that isn’t classed right also 😂

Other than all that, I need to see the newer update, and even release my new update, cause at the moment I’m just hanging onto it... 😬

Im also currently hooked on SCUM. (It’s terribly addicting) But I’ll definitely get around to it.

at some point.... 😉 

I hope all has been well, not only with the mod progress, but the day to day grind. Cheers man.  🙂 🍻

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haleks said:

I made multiple tests with the mission file you provided, and from what I can tell, the gearpool module works as intended.

All the loadouts generated by the rvg_fnc_equip function were consistent with the custom arrays; although you are using a lot of vanilla items in your arrays, I had a fairly good number of items from CUP etc in most loadouts.

You should definitely reduce the number of vanilla items if you want to see more of the other stuff : roughly 60-70% of your 'common uniforms' are vanilla.

This is especially true for weapons, since they are sorted according to a set of values : depending on those, some weapons will be selected more often than others. This could lead to vanilla weapons being picked up more frequently, as 3rd party addons may not use the same references in their configs.

Note that I don't have RHS or HLC installed though; I'll download them later and run more tests, but so far I reckon it's just a question of balancing your lists. By the way, a fast way to test your gearpool settings is to run this on the player with the debug console :

You don't have to hunt for spawned AI with Zeus, and can generate dozens of loadouts in a few seconds. ^^

Thanks my man, I'll go ahead and do more testing then 😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Also, I had to lower the zombie damage output to "4" just so I'm able to survive more than 4 of their OP hits 😔

The players loadout should play a part in how much damage is inflicted from a zed attack, regardless of damage coef setting. If your wearing a uniform/vest that has high ballistic protection, you will/should absorb more damage than you would if your wearing, for instance, plain civilian clothes.  

• Like 2

I'm having an issue when an ai unit gets killed by a zombie it turns into a zombie but moves on the ground as if dead. 

42 minutes ago, sniperb said:

I'm having an issue when an ai unit gets killed by a zombie it turns into a zombie but moves on the ground as if dead. 

what mods are you using and or scripts?

20 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

what mods are you using and or scripts?

Thanks for the reply.

I have around 30 mods running. The main one though is Exile. I can list them all if needed? 😊

On 7/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, acoustic said:

@Dragon_Valliere Are you pulling the class names from the virtual arsenal?

On 7/29/2019 at 5:58 PM, Recaldy said:

Should look similar to this in the Military Weapons (or equiviliant bracket field):

["rhs_weap_ak105","CUP_arifle_ak107","CUP_arifle_ak108","CUP_arifle_ak109","rhs_weap_ak74"]

I cut about 80% for this post but rhs is shown here. In VA, use the name with "_"s, those are the correct class names to use.

@acoustic no i wasnt pulling the classnames from teh arsenal like an smart person adn i didnt even thing to try that, i was just copy pasting the classnames of teh placed weapons in the editor which now that i think about it prob have a diffrent classname.

@Recaldy thank you i will give those a try and see if that works and as i said avove i didnt even think to try and use the classnames from the arsenal.

1 hour ago, sniperb said:

Maybe you have the "Dead Rising" feature enabled?......if so, your mods/scripts could be interfering with it?

On 7/30/2019 at 10:59 AM, RZNUNKWN said:

can't wait to see that "Enhanced Driver AI" ^^

It's still cooking, but I have promising results. I just had a car navigate through a rather tricky road on Fallujah at normal speed, without colliding with any obstacle (including those nasty concrete road blocks).

Vanilla AI ends up crashing 100% of the time on that particular test location.

• Like 5

TPW was kind enough to edit a script for me that spawns a few crows over dead bodies/animals/zombies, it's pretty neat as a natural visual marker for a potential looting opportunity, it works for player kills and AI kills during the day. Feel free to tinker and/or improve etc. etc......

Spoiler

// VARIABLES
tpw_crowonly_active = true; // global activate/deactivate
tpw_crowonly_sunrise = ([] call BIS_fnc_sunriseSunsetTime) select 0;
tpw_crowonly_sunset = ([] call BIS_fnc_sunriseSunsetTime) select 1;

// CROWS
tpw_crowonly_fnc_crows = 
	{
	private ["_closedead","_fardead","_crow","_crowflag"];
	tpw_crowonly_crows = [];
	while {true} do
		{
		if (daytime > tpw_crowonly_sunrise && {daytime < tpw_crowonly_sunset}) then 
			{
			_crowflag = true;
			} else
			{
			_crowflag = false;
			};		

if (tpw_crowonly_active && _crowflag) then
			{
			_closedead = alldead select {_x distance player <200};
			_fardead = alldead select {_x distance player >200};

// Add crows to nearby bodies 
				{
				if (_x getvariable ["tpw_crows",-1] == -1) then
					{
					_crows = [getposasl _x,15,ceil random 3,15] call bis_fnc_crows;
					tpw_crowonly_crows = tpw_crowonly_crows + _crows;	
					_x setvariable ["tpw_crows",1];	
					sleep random 10;
					};
				} foreach _closedead;

// Remove crow spawning flag from distant bodies
				{
				_x setvariable ["tpw_crows",-1];			
				} foreach _fardead;	
			};	

// Crow wrangling	
		for "_i" from 0 to (count tpw_crowonly_crows - 1) do 
			{
			_crow = tpw_crowonly_crows select _i;
			// Delete distant crows
			if (!(_crowflag) || _crow distance player > 200) then 
				{
				deletevehicle _crow;
				tpw_crowonly_crows set[_i,-1];
				};
			};
		tpw_crowonly_crows = tpw_crowonly_crows - [-1];	

// Reset bodies to not spawn crows
		if (!_crowflag) then
			{
				{
				_x setvariable ["tpw_crows",-1];	
				} foreach alldead;
			};
		sleep random 30;
		};
	};	

[] spawn tpw_crowonly_fnc_crows;

while {true} do
	{
	// dummy loop so script doesn't terminate
	sleep 10;
	};

Boars...

AI...

:rthumb:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, haleks said:

It's still cooking, but I have promising results. I just had a car navigate through a rather tricky road on Fallujah at normal speed, without colliding with any obstacle (including those nasty concrete road blocks).

Vanilla AI ends up crashing 100% of the time on that particular test location.

Man, haleks, you really never cease to amaze me with your dedication!

If on top of creating the awesome RAVAGE you also manage to sober up the notoriously drunk ARMA driving AI...

Dunno, but in my book BIS should give you a compensation or a job offer for that!

Best regards

Tourist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Maybe you have the "Dead Rising" feature enabled?......if so, your mods/scripts could be interfering with it?

The problem is the animations for the AI don't show once they become zombies. They make the same sounds and chase after you but they don't technically rise as they are still in the "dead" position. They just slide over the ground 🤨

Sliders eh?.....sounds cool! :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tourist said:

Man, haleks, you really never cease to amaze me with your dedication!

If on top of creating the awesome RAVAGE you also manage to sober up the notoriously drunk ARMA driving AI...

Dunno, but in my book BIS should give you a compensation or a job offer for that!

Best regards

Tourist

Haha, thanks man. ^^

Although, I don't actually change the AI driving routines themselves : what I do is forcing detection of objects that the AI is otherwise unable to "see". The broader community did most of the job, investigating and sharing their findings - I'm just putting it in practice. 😉 

Improving their ability to detect obstacles makes a huge difference and solves half the issues IMO.

@sniperb: One of your mod is most likely clashing with the anim configs - you should try to reduce your mod list or isolate the faulty mod.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

a script for me that spawns a few crows over dead bodies/animals/zombies

:rthumb:

This reminds me of JTD Flies. They spawn around corpses and dead animals after a  few minutes. 

I like the crows, reminds me of Long Dark.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, haleks said:

@sniperb: One of your mod is most likely clashing with the anim configs - you should try to reduce your mod list or isolate the faulty mod.

I've had the same issue when dead rising first came out, so I turned it off. I'm only running enhanced movement though so maybe that's it.

19 hours ago, haleks said:

Looks like I owe you an apology. It looks like you were right: the Gear Pool is indeed working properly. I'll trim my classname lists down a bit to better optimize things. I'm sorry for being so quick to blame everything on the Gear Pool, it won't happen again, I promise.

@ArteyFlow It's a very easy thing to do, and testament to the vast array of awesome content out there. I go very light on the arrays and haven't run into any difficulties in the past, recently only using a mixture of Ravage gear and my GM uniforms. 

Loving the update, being able to only spawn trader groups is cool for those peaceful hunting trips. A solitary nomadic trader would be a nice option to have...

Contact soundtrack music is very nice indeed, really lends itself to Ravage.....so good I haven't even tried the new custom music array yet.

• Like 2