Please add basebuilding in the next update.

I love this mod, base building will make it even better

@icarium

This should get you started.

Spoiler

_nBuilding = nearestBuilding player;
_allpositions = _nBuilding buildingPos -1;
_randomPosition = selectRandom _allpositions;
hint format ["%1,%2,%3", _nBuilding, _allpositions,_randomPosition];
player setpos _randomPosition;

I strongly encourage anyone to learn and use  hint format. It will allow you solve the vast majority of script problems yourself 😉  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

@icarium

This should get you started.

Hide contents

_nBuilding = nearestBuilding player;
_allpositions = _nBuilding buildingPos -1;
_randomPosition = selectRandom _allpositions;
hint format ["%1,%2,%3", _nBuilding, _allpositions,_randomPosition];
player setpos _randomPosition; 

I strongly encourage anyone to learn and use  hint format. It will allow you solve the vast majority of script problems yourself 😉  

Sweet baby Jesus that's it! Thanks a lot Cosmic! Never thought to double-double define stuff.Aahhh, finally...random mines in buildings...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, acoustic said:

Hmm, interesting. Glad to hear population factor affects them. Last question: Are they scaled by the number of players? Ie, if I have 5 players could I see maybe 2-3 renegades spawn at similar times?

At the moment, the number of AI does not scale with the number of players. Good idea for a future AI module upgrade though.

16 hours ago, acoustic said:

So, with the new gear pool module, do we have to fill in every array or by leaving it blank do we revert to default?

And does filling in the array replace everything with just that list (ie, no default items)?

Custom arrays will replace parts of the items lists unless they are empty - except for common and rare items (those are added to the existing lists). You can, for instance, use the default Arma3 items and replace all vanilla uniforms with CUP ones : other categories will be left as is : vanilla backpacks, vests etc will still spawn.

16 hours ago, fitzee said:

Hi.

Is there an easy way to add searchable objects to the list, i.e. garbage bins, crates, furniture that aren't already supported?

Regards.

Yes, the rvg_lootContModels stores all searchable models :

rvg_lootContModels pushbackunique "hutch_01_f.p3d"

By the way, expect another small update soon guys, not a hotfix - just a new "Enhanced Driver AI" option. 😉 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

@EO... I like the style of using the solo Renegades, but I've noticed that this seems to kill the AI from driving around in vehicles, which for me adds a lot to Ravage. Unless I'm not setting something correctly?

I think the AI module is unable to spawn only Renegades+Car Patrols.....a Main Hostile Faction has to be established first before car patrols will spawn.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, EO said:

I think the AI module is unable to spawn only Renegades+Car Patrols.....a Main Hostile Faction has to be established first before car patrols will spawn.

Indeed, and that's because Renegades are on a special side that doesn't support groups : they're a "each for his skin" bunch, and can't cooperate as a result. Since they can't effectively crew vehicles, car patrols are disabled in the absence of a "proper" faction.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Did all the lights go back off at night on Ravage?

Possibly, if Haleks didn't pay the electric bill. 😱

• Haha 3

@Donnie_Plays: If you are using the atmosphere module with default settings, it will disable all lights. Set the "Artificial Lights" setting to 0 if you want to leave them intact.

• Like 1

@haleks Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Another question (sorry, really diving into a lot of features I have never touched before):

I placed a radioactive zone down, and I am not quite sure its working. Debug says its there, but I stood in it for a solid 5 minutes with no effects and nothing in my inventory gui indicating sickness. Does radiation not show up in the editor maybe?

Also regarding the debug. I noticed that it shows the areas where hostiles could be. Is it only limited to those areas or could we possible see more? It covers most of the areas on Gila, but there are some it's certainly missing. I am not sure how accurate the debug is, trying to gauge it. Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, haleks said:

@Donnie_Plays: If you are using the atmosphere module with default settings, it will disable all lights. Set the "Artificial Lights" setting to 0 if you want to leave them intact.

That's the first thing I did last night. I checked my settings and it was set to 0. Maybe something else is going on with my mission. I'll take another look.

39 minutes ago, acoustic said:

I placed a radioactive zone down, and I am not quite sure its working. Debug says its there, but I stood in it for a solid 5 minutes with no effects and nothing in my inventory gui indicating sickness. Does radiation not show up in the editor maybe?rying to gauge it. Thanks!

You need to have Geiger Muller counter in your inventory then enable it by double clicking on it, otherwise the radiation is undetectable....until your dead!

• Like 2

Gotcha. No visual effects for 5 minutes so I wasn't sure how long it took or if it was working. Thanks!

There a script or something to turn off fuel pumps on maps that aren't Vanilla? (Assuming Ravage already has Altis pumps squared away?) QAing my Cher Redux scenario and I can't get specific fuel information because of Contact ruining the in-vehicle UI but it lets me scroll-wheel refuel at the pumps.

Also want to report Ravage in my mission doesn't recognize the 40 black mask (maybe others too.) as an actual mask with first person changes and restriction of consumables. 

So there were no changes made to lights then? I checked my settings again and I have the module set to 0. I haven't tested this in like two months and the last time I did, lights worked everywhere at night.

Ok so setting up my MP mission i wanted to set certain RHS weapons to be in the different rarities (common, Military, ect.) and when i enable the setting for the gear pool module to tell what class names are invalid it says that all RHS class names are invalid. 

i tried to play around with how the class names were written because i noticed that if i removed the Weapon_ class from vanilla weapons that it didn't say that they were invalid, but because of how the RHS class names are they have the RHS(Usaf,afrf,gref)_ before the Weapon_ so it doesn't quite work, any ideas.

I'm not the most script savvy so if you give me a script to try please give an explanation artical / video to work off of

31 minutes ago, Dragon_Valliere said:

Ok so setting up my MP mission i wanted to set certain RHS weapons to be in the different rarities (common, Military, ect.) and when i enable the setting for the gear pool module to tell what class names are invalid it says that all RHS class names are invalid. 

i tried to play around with how the class names were written because i noticed that if i removed the Weapon_ class from vanilla weapons that it didn't say that they were invalid, but because of how the RHS class names are they have the RHS(Usaf,afrf,gref)_ before the Weapon_ so it doesn't quite work, any ideas.

I'm not the most script savvy so if you give me a script to try please give an explanation artical / video to work off of

Should look similar to this in the Military Weapons (or equiviliant bracket field):

["rhs_weap_ak105","CUP_arifle_ak107","CUP_arifle_ak108","CUP_arifle_ak109","rhs_weap_ak74"]

I cut about 80% for this post but rhs is shown here. In VA, use the name with "_"s, those are the correct class names to use.

• Like 1

A recent addition to the Ravage YT channel, definitely worth a little watch...

• Like 3

It's time to start surviving! 

*goes into the first building, finds a MG 3 with three ammo boxes of 200 rounds* .... oh.....

I think this was already proposed/discussed - a separate (if possible) module for AI vehicles would be good with a option to modify the spawn rate. 

& can't wait to see that "Enhanced Driver AI" ^^

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

It's time to start surviving! 

*goes into the first building, finds a MG 3 with three ammo boxes of 200 rounds* .... oh.....

I think this was already proposed/discussed - a separate (if possible) module for AI vehicles would be good with a option to modify the spawn rate. 

& can't wait to see that "Enhanced Driver AI" ^^

It would be neat to have renegade vehicles...

Maybe a couple teamed up and are scavenging for supplies. 

• Like 1

New furniture for the furniture God:

unknown.png

PS: Including toilets now!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

It would be neat to have renegade vehicles...

Maybe a couple teamed up and are scavenging for supplies. 

have them using quad bikes that would be cool (:

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

New furniture for the furniture God:

PS: Including toilets now!

Furniture proxy list too!!

Spoiler

"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Bathroom\Basin_A\basin_a.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Bathroom\SINK\sink.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Bathroom\toilet_b_02\toilet_b_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\library_a\library_a.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\library_a\library_a_open.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_closed_blue_v1.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_closed_blue_v2.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_closed_blue_v3.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_closed_v1.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_closed_v2.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_closed_v3.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_open_blue_v1.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_open_blue_v2.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_open_blue_v3.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_open_v1.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_open_v2.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\locker\locker_open_v3.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Cases\sarcophagus\sarcophagus.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Chairs\ch_mod_c\ch_mod_c.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\box_c\box_c.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\bucket\bucket.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\carpet_big\carpet_big.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\Flowers\flower_01.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\Flowers\flower_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\lekarnicka\lekarnicka.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\piano\piano.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_a\picture_a.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_a_02\picture_a_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_a_03\picture_a_03.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_a_04\picture_a_04.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_a_05\picture_a_05.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_b\picture_b.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_b_02\picture_b_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_c\picture_c.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_c_02\picture_c_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_d\picture_d.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_d_02\picture_d_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_e\picture_e.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_e_02\picture_e_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_f\picture_f.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_f_02\picture_f_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_g\picture_g.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\picture_g_02\picture_g_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\wall_board\wall_board.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\wall_board_02\wall_board_02.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Decoration\WallBoards\wall_board_03\wall_board_03.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\kitchen\Dkamna_uhli\Dkamna_uhli.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Lighting\fluor_lamp\fluor_lamp.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Lighting\hangar_lamp\hangar_lamp.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Lighting\Light_BathRoom\Light_BathRoom.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Lighting\light_kitchen_03\light_kitchen_03.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\radar_equipment\radar_electronics.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\radar_equipment\radar_panel.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\radar_equipment\radar_panel_flat.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\radar_equipment\radar_rack.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\radar_equipment\radar_rack_quad.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\anatomy_poster_1.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\anatomy_poster_2.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\basketball_korb.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\blackboard.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\class_case_a_closed.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\class_case_a_open.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\class_case_b_closed.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\class_case_b_open.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\Desk_Globe.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\flag_chernarus_pole.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\flag_chernarus_wall.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\gym_ladder.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\intercom_speaker.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_beaker.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_bench.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_bunsen.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_cylinder_beaker.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_dropper.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_erlenmeyer_flask.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_microscope.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_petri_dish.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_sink.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_teacher_bench.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_triplebeam.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_vial.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\lab_volume_beaker.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\long_bench.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\periodic_table.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\radiator.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\school_cage.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\school_clock.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\school_map.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\school_ringbell.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\student_chair.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\student_desk.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\tac_board.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\tac_board_posters_level1.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\tac_board_posters_level2.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\teacher_desk.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\vaulting_box_large.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\vaulting_box_small.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\vaulting_goat.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\wall_hanger.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\School_equipment\yellow_star.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Tables\conference_table_a\conference_table_a.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Various\carpet_2_DZ.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Various\debris_small_house.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Various\dirtpile_small_house.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Various\soustruh_proxy.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Various\Workbench.p3d",
"a3\Structures_F_Enoch\Furniture\Various\workbench_DZ.p3d"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ai still don't seem to be spawning with things from the classnames I have listed in the Gear Pool 🤔. I just did some extensive testing with Zeus enabled to see what all the ai spawned with, and only a very small handful spawned with weapons that I have defined in the Gear Pool, 99% of them still spawn with ArmA 3 weapons and whatnot. I didn't see any ai spawned in with uniforms, vests, backpacks, etc from the classnames I defined. Here are my Gear Pool settings once again:

A9DB5BC355BAF63DC54970408811246EF0914B75

If I set Arma 3, RHS, CUP, and Friths Ruin to "No", then I get hit with a barrage of errors and the AI all spawn in completely naked with guns.

Edit: It seems that the zombie's hit damage has been immensely increased since that last update, too. They're now killing me in just 2-3 hits. Damage output is set at "8", which is what it's been at for the past several updates. 😟