I'm new to Arma 3. Played Ravage mod on Altis default mission by Haleks.

Is it just me or is something wrong with damaged vehicles here? For me even vehicles missing tires/red WHL status drove just fine. Same handling, acceleration and top speed as undamaged vehicles. I changed some things in the editor but didn't touch any vehicle stuff..

Since repairing vehicles is an option this doesn't make any sense to me

20 minutes ago, Assaultimon said:

I'm new to Arma 3. Played Ravage mod on Altis default mission by Haleks.

Welcome to Arma3, Bis forums, and to Ravage mod!

If your into Ravage mod also check out the Official Ravage Utube channel which has new videos posted weekly!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXp9bLRLx8g-7BHGCD9xgA

Cheers!

• Like 5

Is anyone playing Ravage on Livonia?

I'm planning on starting since DLC took only a small part of the whole map so it should be very interesting with the unfamiliar terrain.

• Like 2

You should try Ravage on Gila.... 😘

@haleks you dog. I finally get to go back to my roots of mission making this morning after releasing my terrain, and you release an update 5 min before I start. Love the continual support!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello Ravagers!

It's time for another batch of tweaks and fixes, plus a few module improvements as usual. 😉 

The gearpool module specifically needed more work - it's not 100% finished yet, but should be more reliable, and make it easier to track errors caused by invalid classnames.

Here's the changelog :

Tweaked :
Furnitures are now spawned as local simpleObjects.
Optimized zed spawn system.
Improved music system.
Advanced Animal AI is now optional & enabled/disabled from the Settings module.
The Altis showcase has been updated.

Fixed :
The gearpool module could fail to identify invalid classnames.
The gearpool module now search for invalid classnames in all custom arrays, not only weapons.
Fixed several design issues with the gearpool module.
The AI module would not initiate in the absence of hostiles.
Fixed a texture issue with covered offroad variant.

New :
Added support for Contact DLC music*.
Added a Structures Blacklist to the zombies module.
Added optional error display to the gearpool module.**
Added a custom playlist entry to the atmosphere module.
Added 4 new uniforms by EO.
Added new NVG down variant.
Added support for WildBoar hunting (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1814114624).

*Requires Contact DLC total modification.
** You can also check your RPT files for registered invalid classnames.

Have fun everyone!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

So I have never used renegades before, but it sounds like exactly what I want. It's just a hostile civilian (ie, hostile to everyone) that randomly spawns? Do they spawn in groups?

• Like 1

Are they fairly common compared to the normal hostile faction spawn?

Are the "new uniforms" just the OPFOR and GRNFOR contact uniform porteds to all sides? That's the only change I've noticed.

1 hour ago, acoustic said:

Are they fairly common compared to the normal hostile faction spawn?

If their enabled, I'd say yes. ^^

And if your just getting into Renegades for the first time I'd highly recommend setting all MainSecondary and Friendly Forces to "None", then set "Renegades Spawn" to Yes, then bump the Population Factor to as much as your PC set-up can handle....this will set you mission alight giving it a an almost old school real live DayZ server feel. 

Well wicked!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Hello Ravagers!

It's time for another batch of tweaks and fixes, plus a few module improvements as usual. 😉 

The gearpool module specifically needed more work - it's not 100% finished yet, but should be more reliable, and make it easier to track errors caused by invalid classnames.

Here's the changelog :

Have fun everyone!

Thank you for your unrelenting, hard work Haleks. Two thumbs up from me! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EO said:

And if your just getting into Renegades for the first time I'd highly recommend setting all MainSecondary and Friendly Forces to "None", then set "Renegades Spawn" to Yes, then bump the Population Factor to as much as your PC set-up can handle....this will set you mission alight giving it a an almost old school real live DayZ server feel. 

Well wicked!!

Hmm, interesting. Glad to hear population factor affects them. Last question: Are they scaled by the number of players? Ie, if I have 5 players could I see maybe 2-3 renegades spawn at similar times?

EDIT:

Regarding the advanced animal behavior, any chance we could see that for other animals (like ones spawned by Vandeansons animal script)? Right now they don't react at all to gun fire.

....over to haleks for that one. ^^ 😅   

Idea:

A throwable grenade/device that makes a loud noise and attracts zombies... remotely detonated (or not).

Totally not from L4D. 😅 ♥

1 hour ago, EO said:

Well wicked!!

Guess I know what my next Scenario to make will be. 

• Like 2

So, with the new gear pool module, do we have to fill in every array or by leaving it blank do we revert to default?

And does filling in the array replace everything with just that list (ie, no default items)?

Hi.

Is there an easy way to add searchable objects to the list, i.e. garbage bins, crates, furniture that aren't already supported?

Regards.

Love how when you're on the edge of the forest you hear the faint ambient sound of the forest itself, the more you go in, the stronger it gets. Just updated the jsrs sound mod and it's so beautiful... but best not dwell into the forest at night...

VenirlO.jpg

My zombie pop is at 30 and I get overwhelmed every time I get near some larger town! The music is working flawlessly now Haleks, even with time acceleration, as is weather if I can notice. Perfect!

• Like 7

Did all the lights get turned back off on Ravage again? I'm not sure if that was changed with this update or perhaps an older one. I haven't played much Arma in the last two months. I played for about 90 minutes tonight. Found at least 20 pairs of Binoculars. I also had a stretch of military barracks where the loot flickered for me after searching. Once that started happening, I had to leave that area and go into a new area on another part of the map to get it to work properly again.

@EO... I like the style of using the solo Renegades, but I've noticed that this seems to kill the AI from driving around in vehicles, which for me adds a lot to Ravage. Unless I'm not setting something correctly?

• Like 2

Is there a reason why my map on Chernarus Redux doesnt work in my mission? Is it Contact related? Dust mission map works fine.

I can load up the map with nothing in it...spawn a default blufor and see the map just fine.

Advanced issues found

3 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

which for me adds a lot to Ravage. Unless I'm not setting something correctly?

You are right @Donnie_Plays, increasing the renegades' population will also increase the numbers of patrol unless you disable them too, there's no way to just increase the renegade/opfor population...  maybe you can find some car patrol script.

There was a comment that came through on the wiki this morning. It may be of help to anyone looking at Contact stuff:

I see that you might be working towards adding support for contact,  with the andriod face.  Here are some changes for the Contact DLC that would be nice for you to add.

useContainer.sqf

"concretewell",

"stonewell",

"waterstation",

"trailercistern"

loot_action.sqf

"hutch_01_f.p3d",

"chickencoop_01_f.p3d"

loot_scan.sqf

"garbagebin_03_f.p3d",

"woodenbox_02_f.p3d"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are also (not only on Livonia but other maps), wrecks from T72, BRDM, BMP2 and some others I think that could be added as searchable objects. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:34 PM, cosmic10r said:

BuildingPos spits an error out

Reveal hidden contents

_randomElement = selectRandom [buildingpos -1];
hint _randomElement;
th>
16:29:11   Error position: <buildingpos -1];
hint _randomElement;
th>
16:29:11   Error hint: Undefined variable in expression: buildingpos

the array hasnt been defined. so there is nothing to selectRandom from.

You want the easy answer or to learn how to solve these types of problems?

Honestly I would likely be most pleased by the exact lines of code to put into any object or unit's init, that will then move that thing into the nearest house, find out the available positions of said house, and then randomly pick one of those positions. I then also would love to know hows that works. Cheers 🙂

On 7/26/2019 at 10:01 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there icarium !

Here are two examples  , how you get the positions and  selectrandom them ,

_positions = _house buildingPos -1;

hint format ["%1 positions \n for house : %2 ", count _positions,_house];

or

_buildingPositions = [_Building] call BIS_fnc_buildingPositions;
	_count = count _buildingPositions;

if (_count > 0) then {
	_buildingpos = selectRandom _buildingPositions;

if !(_buildingpos isEqualTo [0,0,0]) then {

_Pos = getPos _Building;

Hellas Goerge!

I tried to make either of those two examples you so kindly provided work for me and....failed, quite miserably. I do see how one uses the "buildingPos -1" approach to find the positions while the other goes the old route via "bis_fnc_buildingPositions", but that's pretty much it. In my defense, the last time I dabbled in SQF was during the Zargabad Life era, in the long, long ago. Thank you for the attempt to enlighten me however 🙂

• Thanks 1