Should be an easy fix. 😉

• Like 2

Awesome! ^^

It's nice to be able to completely change the pace using the Arma sandbox. Tapping into some of the core features from Ravage can create some cool walking simulator style missions, kinda like theHunter, Firewatch etc....the Livonia terrain perfectly suited for hunting quarry!

Good non combat missions are at a premium, my first foray into Arma 2 was an orienteering mission for Chernarus, that mission pretty much made me learn and memorise Chernarus in it's entirety, these kind of scenarios release the pressure of a combat situation and really allow you to appreciate both landscape and soundscape...

....or maybe i'm just getting softer in my older age. :don16: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EO said:

Is it possible to only spawn roaming traders, my module settings are bearing no fruit...

Reveal hidden contents

TkpASzy.jpg

It seems the only way to spawn Blufor Friendlies is to set a Main or Secondary Force...

Reveal hidden contents

dAgVr91.jpg

The drawback here is I don't want any non-trader groups spawning. ^^

Scenario is a friendly, peaceful boar hunting trip around Livonia, civilian populated towns with a static traders set in the Market Stores so no enemies or non -trader groups are required, but a random encounter with a roaming trader party would be sweet.....lone roaming traders would be an even better!

I've noticed the exact same problem for a while now, no Blufor Friendlies were spawning at all. In my mind I imagined that the Blufor Survivors gave up being friendly because they were sick of getting backstabbed by players whenever they turned their backs on them 😄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, haleks said:

I'm going to replace the music system with the next update, the current one isn't very reliable...

Here's the new script, if you want to try it ahead of release :

Reveal hidden contents

if !(hasInterface) exitWith {};
waituntil {!isnull player};
my_ost = [
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EPB",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_Tank",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F_EXP",
	"EventTrack01_F_EPB",
	"BackgroundTrack03_F_EPC",
	"Fallout",
	"Wasteland",
	"Skynet",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02a_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02b_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_Orange",
	"AmbientTrack03a_F_Tacops",
	"AmbientTrack03b_F_Tacops"
];
c_ost = my_ost;
_ehID = addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStop", {
	_this spawn {
		c_ost = c_ost - [_this # 0];
		if (c_ost isEqualTo []) then {
			c_ost = my_ost;
		};
		sleep 3;
		playMusic selectRandom c_ost;
	};
}];
addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{playMusic selectRandom c_ost}];
playMusic selectRandom my_ost;

The above track list, delays and variables are placeholders.

The next update will happen with the Contact DLC release.

Will you please consider removing "Dark Hollow" from the music playlist? That song flags a copyright claim on every youtube video or stream that I do when that songs plays in the background. I have been removing the music lately whenever I do play anyway. I've also noticed a few other people have done the same. I'm not even sure which song that is in the playlist.

• Like 1

One other small problem, In single player the option to loot pops up straight away I hold space and it searches. For whatever reason it just wont work on my server I dont get the option to loot furniture. 😕

@Donnie_Plays  Why not take a leaf out of kodabars book and use substitute copyright free music for gameplay destined for streams/YT.

I'd be rather sad to see music being removed from the mod as I'd imagine the majority of users play by themselves or in small groups privately. 

Looks like we will get the chance to add our own tracks very soon anyway, in fact a new music script is available to use right now...

Spoiler

my_ost = [
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EPB",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_Tank",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F_EXP",
	"EventTrack01_F_EPB",
	"Fallout",
	"Wasteland",
	"Skynet",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02a_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02b_F_EXP",
];
c_ost = my_ost;
	_this spawn {
			c_ost = my_ost;
		};
		sleep 3;
	};
}];

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, EO said:

Scenario is a friendly, peaceful boar hunting trip

Boar?Where can I find a boar?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Coming soon over there :

The next Ravage update will add support for them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, haleks said:

Coming soon over there :

The next Ravage update will add support for them.

Haleks, you're a god.

I see him more a butcher than a god, I have a feeling those poor boars are in for some hard times soon...🐖>🥩>😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, EO said:

@Donnie_Plays  Why not take a leaf out of kodabars book and use substitute copyright free music for gameplay destined for streams/YT.

I'd be rather sad to see music being removed from the mod as I'd imagine the majority of users play by themselves or in small groups privately. 

Looks like we will get the chance to add our own tracks very soon anyway, in fact a new music script is available to use right now...

Hide contents

my_ost = [
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EPB",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_Tank",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F_EXP",
	"EventTrack01_F_EPB",
	"Fallout",
	"Wasteland",
	"Skynet",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02a_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02b_F_EXP",
];
c_ost = my_ost;
	_this spawn {
			c_ost = my_ost;
		};
		sleep 3;
	};
}];

:icon_biggrin:

The script plays tracks the first time when I load the scenario. If I get killed and load again, it will play one more track and then it will stop completely without repetition. 

17 hours ago, EO said:

I'd be rather sad to see music being removed from the mod as I'd imagine the majority of users play by themselves or in small groups privately

Even kodabar makes it clear in his latest youtube video that the music he's using is nowhere near as cool as the Ravage music is, that it's substitute, etc.

Unfortunately we disagree on this. I play video games almost every day. I have 266 games on steam. I've never been copyright stricken for playing and streaming any of those games with the music they play in the background. For some reason, I'm getting flagged for that one Dark Hollow song on youtube. I actually enjoy the Ravage soundtrack quite a bit. I'm unable to enjoy it while streaming now because of this one song. If it's just one song, I'm not sure how much of an interruption it would be to the experience to change or remove it. However... I understand if Haleks does not want to omit the track. I personally think the soundtrack gives the entire experience personality. It doesn't feel the same streaming it without the music. I can play any kind of music in the background if I want to, on my PC. I do not need a script to do such a thing on stream, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

The script plays tracks the first time when I load the scenario. If I get killed and load again, it will play one more track and then it will stop completely without repetition. 

Thanks for reporting the issue, it should be easy to fix for the update.

• Thanks 1

Could someone please help me change this file to work with ravage? I tried everything and but zombie kills just come up as an NPC kill in death messages.

Spoiler

switch (_killType) do
{
    {
        _unknownReasons =
        [
            "%1 died because... Arma.",
            "%1 died because the universe hates him.",
            "%1 died a mysterious death.",
            "%1 died and nobody knows why.",
            "%1 died because that's why.",
            "%1 died because %1 was very unlucky.",
            "%1 died due to Arma bugs and is probably very salty right now.",
            "%1 died an awkward death.",
            "%1 died. Yes, %1 is dead. Like really dead-dead."
        ];
        _countDeath = true;
        _systemChat = format [selectRandom _unknownReasons, name _victim];
        _newVictimRespect = _oldVictimRespect - round ((abs _oldVictimRespect) / 100 * (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "Respect" >> "Percentages" >> "unlucky")));
    };
    case 1:
    {
        private["_zombieKill"];
        _victimPosition = position _victim;
        _bystanders = _victimPosition nearEntities ['Man',5];
        _zombieKill = false;
        {
            _zombieKill = getText(configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> typeOf _x >> 'author') isEqualTo 'Ryan';
        } forEach _bystanders;

if(_zombieKill) then
        {
        _countDeath = true;
        _modifyVictimRespect = true;
        _zombieDeath = selectRandom ["was killed", "was eaten"]; //Add more messages here to change the killed text
        _systemChat = format ["%1 %2 by a zombie!", name _victim, _zombieDeath];
        _newVictimRespect = _oldVictimRespect - round ((abs _oldVictimRespect) / 100 * (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "Respect" >> "Percentages" >> "suicide")));
        }
        else
        {

_countDeath = true;
        _modifyVictimRespect = true;
        _systemChat = format ["%1 commited suicide!", name _victim];
        _newVictimRespect = _oldVictimRespect - round ((abs _oldVictimRespect) / 100 * (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "Respect" >> "Percentages" >> "suicide")));
        };
    };

• Haha 1

@sniperb: If your script is designed for Ravage, the following line would be the culprit :

_zombieKill = getText(configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> typeOf _x >> 'author') isEqualTo 'Ryan';

You should use "Haleks" - or better yet :

_zombieKill = _x iskindOf "zombie";

You can also replace your forEach loop with a more practical (and reliable) solution :

_zombieKill = (_bystanders findIf {_x iskindOf "zombie"}) > -1;

• Like 2

Gearpool issue is now fixed, thanks for the help Haleks.

Removing the “_Weapon” bit worked as you said it would, I guess any “gear” related item can have a proxy if info is copied in various ways as for my instance on the ground.

I’m now even closer than I was previously towards my newer update, so far, so good. 

😉 

• Like 2

This is completely off-topic, but I noticed that, among my friends on Steam, there's only one person who played Prey.

It's on sale with a big discount right now - one of the best games and its extensions for under 10 bucks : https://store.steampowered.com/app/480490/Prey/

If you don't know what to play this week-end, go for it - you won't regret it. 😉 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, haleks said:

there's only one person who played Prey

I just bought all the “half-life” series on steam during the sale. 6 bucks for the whole collection. And It’s been quite awhile before I’ve played them. I missed the crowbar... 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Gearpool issue is now fixed, thanks for the help Haleks.

Removing the “_Weapon” bit worked as you said it would, I guess any “gear” related item can have a proxy if info is copied in various ways as for my instance on the ground.

I’m now even closer than I was previously towards my newer update, so far, so good. 

😉

awesome man glad you got it working (:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Even kodabar makes it clear in his latest youtube video that the music he's using is nowhere near as cool as the Ravage music is, that it's substitute, etc.

Yup. I have to turn off the music when playing Ravage because I always get copyright claims and it's so tedious to go through them all. I've got five in progress at the moment just from using public domain music! So you can imagine how many I get when I leave the proper music on. And it rather sucks because the real music is good, so I totally get where you're coming from, Donnie. I've not found any decent solution to this.

PS I've got 1,300 Steam games (and no children - that may seem a non sequitur, but I don't think it is) and out of the various games I've played in videos, I've only had problems with about half a dozen or so. On my previous YouTube channel where I uploaded clips from my film and video work, I got so many ridiculous claims. I got claims for music I'd paid to have written and music I'd licensed. Despite producing contracts showing I had the rights to use them as I was, I lost two copyright claims. Hence why I closed that channel. YouTube and music copyright is a real pain these days.

• Like 6

a bit of blashphemy EO but I decided to look into a patchwork Kir

t9DHbDf.jpg

rlZY25e.jpg

• Like 7

Possibly looking for beta testers to test the latest, and most current version of my mission "The Burning Rain" with tons of things edited, added, and tweaked I am mainly looking towards stability, and longevity of mission game play (can play for long amounts of time without crashes, bugs, etc...) I'm in the midst of testing myself but I don't have the time to do very long sessions but I will definitely try to do so. 🙂

I am also curious on the fixes of the in-scenario missions and how they'll do with long playtime within the map, as well as how the weather system holds out as well.

If interested shoot me a PM, I only really need one person, but if more would like to test that is fine as well. I'm looking for people that can play a SINGLE mission for lengths at a time, and doesn't mind playing it for possibly more than a week or two?  

You will also receive credits on Steam workshop page, and even within the scenario’s diary page.  (beta tester, tester, pre-release tester, whatever name you want, you choose! ) I’m even open to adding others within the map itself, and make special characters!! 😉 

I am very close to updated release, and just want to make sure I got most things ironed out before another update... (been working on this update since late May...)

Thanks all! 🍻

• Like 5

On 7/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, ArteyFlow said:

Absolutely. Here they are:

[...]

You didn't forget the brackets [*], did you?

I've been somewhat inconsistent on this with the modules, but for the gearpool module, you do need the brackets for the input to be correctly processed as an array.

• Like 2