18 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

only 1 of 5 in this band of renegades

but he had a rusty Mar. Oddly 3 of the 5 all had the same vanilla 45 pistol

Edit- let me fiddle with the settings. I'll see if I can get it to rusty only

Thank you, my dude. I have the same problem that you were experiencing, except on my end the AI spawn with both primary and secondary vanilla weapons (and all other gear items), not just secondary. That's cool that the AI spawn with the rusty guns, though. 

17 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

@MuRaZorWitchKING

I would really like to use your cold weather script on Weferlingen Winter now. Do you have a link to your file?

Thank you

Whiteface / Oliver

I ditched the making of that system, as adding in your own temperature variables is truly a pain in the ass, and classing EVERY number is a ton of work... But have been highly tweaking and even implemented my own versions of JohnO’s detrimental effects scripts, I have multiple versions running in my mission with height, water, and weather ALL being different variables. The WIP has been extremely good so far and hopefully this next update I will have a FULL weather system in working order. Haleks has suggested that I learn functions as it would really improve performance based on the scripts, so I may look into doing that some more. When I’m done I’ll give you a shout and you can rip the newest and most improved versions from my mission and use them. I’m also possibly going to be changing up the notifications icons that display as of current there are some thermometers and a red skull meaning you are seriously ill or heading that way, I’m going to see if I can make more appealing visuals for the system. ☠️💀🌡🌡

Cheers 🍻 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So i fuckin love this mod but i have a map with traders set up and this error comes up whenever i start up the map:

...mBackpack _Trader;

_arr - [];

if (count |#| shoptype > 10) then {

Error underlined variable in expression:  _shoptype

File /ravage/functions/main/ fn_tradersupply.sgt [RVG_fnc_tradersupply], line 16

Error undefined variable in expression: _shoptype

Hey guys I have customized all of the arrays myself and have checked over multiple times in notepad++ to make sure I made no mistakes and it appears to be working as the AI are carrying the stuff I added my only issue is the Error that keeps popping up while in editor when testing. I took a snapshot of the error itself and am wondering if anyone else is getting the same error and or is the error due to a bug in ravage or something I did wrong XD

• Like 1

I played a game on monday. We were sneaking around Weferlingen, when we heard some noise...

(me) „I think I hear a vehicle.“

(co-player) „Yes, I hear it too.“

(me) „Sounds different. I am not sure if it‘s a wheeled vehicle.“

(me again) „I really think it‘s a tracked vehicle.“

(co-player) „Yeah, it is. It‘s a BMP.“

- - - pause - - -

(me) „Oh f***, it‘s coming. Move into cover!“

(me again) „Get down...GET DOWN!!“

- - - another pause - - -

(me) „I am prone...the BMP is on the road, about 20 - maybe 30 - metres away from me.“

(me again) „Where are you? Are you still alive?“

(co player) „I am next to the BMP and I am draining it‘s fuel...“

(me) <wtf?!?>

OK, long story, short message. It‘s possible to syphon fuel from an enemy vehicle, even if it is used and the engine is running. 

Whiteface / Oliver

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

I played a game on monday. We were sneaking around Weferlingen, when we heard some noise...

(me) „I think I hear a vehicle.“

(co-player) „Yes, I hear it too.“

(me) „Sounds different. I am not sure if it‘s a wheeled vehicle.“

(me again) „I really think it‘s a tracked vehicle.“

(co-player) „Yeah, it is. It‘s a BMP.“

- - - pause - - -

(me) „Oh f***, it‘s coming. Move into cover!“

(me again) „Get down...GET DOWN!!“

- - - another pause - - -

(me) „I am prone...the BMP is on the road, about 20 - maybe 30 - metres away from me.“

(me again) „Where are you? Are you still alive?“

(co player) „I am next to the BMP and I am draining it‘s fuel...“

(me) <wtf?!?>

OK, long story, short message. It‘s possible to syphon fuel from an enemy vehicle, even if it is used and the engine is running. 

Whiteface / Oliver

that's pretty cool I like to try and sneak up on them and plant an explosive charge works sometimes usually get blown to hell XD

• Like 1

Besides trying to figure out the keys for multiplayer, I think the guns should likely be released in their current format acknowledging some of the shortcomings.

We will need to drop the ravage weapons PBO and add the compatability via ravage so there is no overlap @haleks.

Maybe next update Haleks? 

It would be the current package minus  a lot of the patchwork latest stuff but would include some of them from the intial beta that went out. I would likely even leave in a few of the test ones and label it v0.1

In any case, I would do a seperate thread so it could be managed seperately, get it on Armaholic and then eventually to steam likely later. 

one of my dreams for Ravage was that they became the default guns with jamming based on wear and the vanilla guns would become the rare, non jamming ones... Im not sure it that is still a possibility but I suppose I could add that option myself in some way to the Rusty Guns on their own. I could likely, with Haleks help, try to append the arrays after init to remove and place each gun in a specific pool to create that effect that a person could run as a script I suppose...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Hey guys I have customized all of the arrays myself and have checked over multiple times in notepad++ to make sure I made no mistakes and it appears to be working as the AI are carrying the stuff I added my only issue is the Error that keeps popping up while in editor when testing. I took a snapshot of the error itself and am wondering if anyone else is getting the same error and or is the error due to a bug in ravage or something I did wrong XD

I don't recall ever having experienced that particular error message before, my only guess is that a class name for something was typed incorrectly.

13 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

I don't recall ever having experienced that particular error message before, my only guess is that a class name for something was typed incorrectly.

well that's what I was thinking to but usually if the classname or classnames were incorrect the Ai would spawn with default/vanilla gear or maybe no weapons at all and from what ive seen the loot piles and Ai are spawning with the clothing, gear weapons etc that I placed in the arrays so im not sure what going on lol maybe I will check them arrays again to see if I added a duplicate or something.

• Like 1

So i set it up so the gear pool had only Arma 3 equipment only, GM Eq only and Cup Eq only so it was only generating gear for that stuff.

I did the rusty guns in the common gear pool array and the rusty launcher was in the launcher array. Default to Takistan and the other settings to default.

I got 100% rusty guns from renegades... and ambient AI

g2r5Nhh.jpg

t7d1XVf.jpg

bJLwm9Z.jpg

xWIFsok.jpg

RDlFjpf.jpg

W4m5rfy.jpg

BUZXtvQ.jpg

WhUd20x.jpg

one thing of note @haleks was that the groups tend to have a repetition in the gear pool... so guns seem to be getting repeated in the groups... the guys with the rusty Spar DMRs from the latest works and the 2 guys with the zubrs were  in the same groups... so its repeating some guns sometimes ... (more often then would be expected in the sames groups) similar to last test where I had Arma 3 guns active and 3 guys in same squad of 5 had same vanilla 45

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@ArteyFlow in reviewing your post I noticed your map preset was set to "none"

Try changing that to a map preset with all the same gear in the gear pools they way you had it?

Thats the only difference in our setups from what i can see...

• Like 1

hey haleks, not sure if i reported it already, but 2 things were caught on my eye:
1. seems like zombies dont attack or dont do any damage to vehicles. Maybe you can add an option in future to make them attack vehicles with damaging them or give them some sort of power to flip a vehicle after a few hits (like in zombies & demons).

2. When placing any static gun with a guy using it, zombies run to him but avoid attacking him, they make a big circle around him but nothing more happen

other than that, i love your mod. Especially the background music is nice. Maybe you can add an bar that shows which track is playing and when the track ends, like in ZPS (top of that screenshot, shows "subway" the name of the track and the bar showing at which
minute/second the track is until end)
7fdcd074981d42edf43c2b36df14ae3ee76a8497

btw, is there an option to add our own music ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

one of my dreams for Ravage was that they became the default guns with jamming based on wear and the vanilla guns would become the rare, non jamming ones... Im not sure it that is still a possibility but I suppose I could add that option myself in some way to the Rusty Guns on their own. I could likely, with Haleks help, try to append the arrays after init to remove and place each gun in a specific pool to create that effect that a person could run as a script I suppose...

I see 2 solutions for that :

- I can add them to the default weapons lists. Since they are more numerous, vanilla guns would have less chances to spawn. Ravage has a classname check, so players not loading the rusty weapons addon won't see a difference. There is one downside though : people are going to wonder why rusty guns are spawning while there is no exposed option for them.

- or, we could set up a module bundled with your mod, and its role would be to rewrite the ravage lists to replace vanilla guns with rusty variants : they all use the same ammo so that should be easy. The module would also spawn the jamming script for each player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lato190 said:

btw, is there an option to add our own music ?

Not at the moment, but I'll make some changes to make that possible.

EDIT : Here's a simple background music script if you need :

if !(hasInterface) exitWith {};
waituntil {!isnull player};
my_ost = [
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EPB",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_Tank",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F",
	"AmbientTrack01a_F_EXP",
	"EventTrack01_F_EPB",
	"BackgroundTrack03_F_EPC",
	"Fallout",
	"Wasteland",
	"Skynet",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02a_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack02b_F_EXP",
	"AmbientTrack01_F_Orange",
	"AmbientTrack03a_F_Tacops",
	"AmbientTrack03b_F_Tacops"
];
c_ost = my_ost;
_ehID = addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStop", {
	_this spawn {
		c_ost = c_ost - [_this # 0];
		if (c_ost isEqualTo []) then {
			c_ost = my_ost;
		};
		sleep 3;
		playMusic selectRandom c_ost;
	};
}];
addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{playMusic selectRandom c_ost}];
playMusic selectRandom my_ost;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, haleks said:

I see 2 solutions for that :

- I can add them to the default weapons lists. Since they are more numerous, vanilla guns would have less chances to spawn. Ravage has a classname check, so players not loading the rusty weapons addon won't see a difference. There is one downside though : people are going to wonder why rusty guns are spawning while there is no exposed option for them.

- or, we could set up a module bundled with your mod, and its role would be to rewrite the ravage lists to replace vanilla guns with rusty variants : they all use the same ammo so that should be easy. The module would also spawn the jamming script for each player.

Very interesting. I wondered whether a cba option to turn jamming on and off in the menu might work too.

A module gives more control but then requires the module inserted into the mission. 

Maybe the guns and that should be seperate addons...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Very interesting. I wondered whether a cba option to turn jamming on and off in the menu might work too.

A module gives more control but then requires the module inserted into the mission. 

Maybe the guns and that should be seperate addons...

maybe you could make it like the the DZN extended jamming Mod it uses CBA settings and needs no modules placed gives you the ability to set different types of weapon failures along with the ability to choose how often they can occur you also have the option to type in the classname of a specific weapon and set jamming stuff individually. one of my favorite mods to use (: you can also make it so Suppressors will affect jamming aswell.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

maybe you could make it like the the DZN extended jamming Mod it uses CBA settings and needs no modules placed gives you the ability to set different types of weapon failures along with the ability to choose how often they can occur you also have the option to type in the classname of a specific weapon and set jamming stuff individually. one of my favorite mods to use 🙂 you can also make it so Suppressors will affect jamming aswell.

Right, I forgot about that mod...

When I read your post I thought, oh great... now i dont have to do it but i went in and looked and realized i saw this the week i got back in and watched the vid... also much good stuff came out since i took a break...

How do you like it?. I'll be honest... I'm not a fan of the Gui. The system I had originally set up was basically an animation based on failure and I only really wanted it too be a non intrusive game mechanic... I didnt want to be fumbling with menus while being swarmed and only wanted to simulate wear and tear based and create a brief in game oh-crap moment....

That mod looks really cool but it wasnt what I envisioned for zombie gameplay....

6 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Right, I forgot about that mod...

When I read your post I thought, oh great... now i dont have to do it but i went in and looked and realized i saw this the week i got back in and watched the vid... also much good stuff came out since i took a break...

How do you like it?. I'll be honest... I'm not a fan of the Gui. The system I had originally set up was basically an animation based on failure and I only really wanted it too be a non intrusive game mechanic... I didnt want to be fumbling with menus while being swarmed and only wanted to simulate wear and tear based and create a brief in game oh-crap moment....

That mod looks really cool but it wasnt what I envisioned for zombie gameplay....

I feel ya but you can also set hotkeys so you don't need to menu (: anyways I will be looking forward to what you guys come up with.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gill93 said:

I feel ya but you can also set hotkeys so you don't need to menu 🙂

Hmm I must have missed that. I'll check it out... maybe that solves the problem generally

🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

@ArteyFlow in reviewing your post I noticed your map preset was set to "none"

Try changing that to a map preset with all the same gear in the gear pools they way you had it?

Thats the only difference in our setups from what i can see...

Yeah, I'll go ahead and give that a shot. Honestly though, I have no idea how the Gear Pool is working properly for you and not for me, though. The map preset has actually been set to "None" for a long time, it's only very recently that I've started having this Gear Pool problem, so I kind of doubt its the map preset setting that's to blame. I'll still change it and see what happens, though.

33 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

Yeah, I'll go ahead and give that a shot. Honestly though, I have no idea how the Gear Pool is working properly for you and not for me, though. The map preset has actually been set to "None" for a long time, it's only very recently that I've started having this Gear Pool problem, so I kind of doubt its the map preset setting that's to blame. I'll still change it and see what happens, though.

I'm one of those weirdos that likes full control over mods so I tend to download then through steam and then move them into my own setup. 

That may help in this case because I am using the Ravage that's two versions old...

Maybe that will help pinpoint the issue if Haleks had made any adjustments in the scripts in the last 2 versions...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, haleks said:

Here's a simple background music script if you need :

Nice mix btw.....we've got such a plethora of cool tracks spread across the various DLC's now.

Besides the Contact campaign the thing i'm most looking forward to later this month is the Contact soundtrack.

• Like 3

I looked at my old weapon jamming script and it's actually more advanced then I remember... 

My scripting isnt back up to that point yet lol...

I do like how I set it up so I may work on it at some point but I think it will be wise to be seperate for now so it doesnt hold up the guns...

Ill try to figure out the key this weekend... Im not sure I really need one except for servers with checks for modded files in MP.

I could just release as is and do the key later.

edit - ok

I did it that way... for  now its as is and it's public here

discussion of the textures and any new images will be there to free up this thread to focus on Ravage itself as once the core integration mechanics are figured out it wont affect ravage development per se.

Might as well just git er done... lol

• Like 4

If the early rusty weapons are being dropped from Ravage will it effect loadouts and factions that have been based around those weapons?

17 minutes ago, EO said:

If the early rusty weapons are being dropped from Ravage will it effect loadouts and factions that have been based around those weapons?

None of the class names have changed, so as long as the pbo is active it should be fine... I just changed the name of the main pbo to avoid confusion. 

If you delete the rvg_weapons pbo and activate the rusty retexture one... it should still work? Be a quick way to test

It would create a dependency on the new RR addon tho...