I bought the Contact DLC. Have been looking around on Livonia. CUP Terrains Core very well may be the next mod that I uninstall. All the DayZ standalone buildings are in this! I wonder if I can talk RonHillUltra into letting someone either fix Esseker or remake it for Arma using these models. As for my thoughts on the map... it's a good map. I like what I've seen so far. Very Esseker meets Chernarus, in my opinion. No doubt will work well with Ravage. With the GM and Contact DLC's... I am basically demanding someone out there make a new awesome post apocalyptic map with these assets! We haven't had a good new post apocalyptic map in a long time. Any map makers out there? There is legit variety in building types now and in particular... enterable buildings!

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 10:51 PM, Donnie_Plays said:

Any thoughts on the new map coming with the Contact DLC? It's looking more and more like I"m going to shell out the $28 for this map. I've been considering pre-ordering it so I can play around in the editor with the map and look around.

Livonia is awesome. It's lovely. I really love it. Lush greens, the landscape, also the woods, looks very natural, IMO they have put lots of love into asset placement. It's the central/east european landscapes which I really like. Lots of uneven terrain to hide in. Unlike the more flat Weferlingen, here you have a harder time to spot enemies. It's the kind of map with a foliage density I love to play with infantry.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

... I am basically demanding someone out there make a new awesome post apocalyptic map with these assets! We haven't had a good new post apocalyptic map in a long time. Any map makers out there? There is legit variety in building types now and in particular... enterable buildings!

I'd imagine such maps may be a long way off, especially a quality one....unless Temppa was to undertake one, i'm convinced that man is a machine who requires no sleep. For the time being I think Livonia fits the "post apocalyptic" bill perfectly, a nice mix of bombed out towns, I count at least a dozen towns/settlements south of the river that are completely derelict, some abandoned military/radar stations too, but it still retains many untouched habitable areas. Travelling through, it feels like a really organic map in that respect.

Maybe somewhere down the line haleks "Derelict" mod might support some of the structures from the recent DLC's, which would increase the post-apo vibe even further...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EO said:

Maybe somewhere down the line haleks "Derelict" mod might support some of the structures from the recent DLC's, which would increase the post-apo vibe even further...

That certainly is something I will explore - although we will have to wait for BIS to release the DLC files as PBOs.

I took a quick look at Livonia - for some reason it kept me thinking about The Long Dark, that's definitely a good sign! ^^

I have some good news by the way!

After a few quircks with the local postal service, I finally received @MuRaZorWitchKING's graphic card : I'm back in business! \o/

I'm going to upgrade my PSU ASAP, as I'm not 100% sure mine can handle the new card - better be safe than sorry. Once done, I'll finally be able to resume in-depth work on existing mods and WIP projects.

Thanks again to everyone who gave a hand or offered one; Internet often is a huge, anonymous crowd, but a very special circle of friends have formed around Ravage over the years, and it is truly humbling to be supported by such a solid community.

• Like 9

On 6/12/2019 at 1:42 PM, haleks said:

@cosmic10r, good to see you mate - it's been a while!

Hey buddy,

So happy to see you still plugging away and this thread at 1.1 million views... crazy... miss our test sessions!

So if we preorder contact we get a beta of Livonia?

Hmmm.... lol

I'm scared to see where my scripting has ended up ... lol.

I guess I'll have to suck it up and re install Arma. 

Looks like there has been some awesome additions!

• Like 7

Yeah, Ravage is a tough beast to kill! 😉

And 2019 is definitely a good year for Arma 3 too : the Global Mobilization creator DLC and Contact both have a lot to offer to us Ravagers.

I'm real glad to see you lacing your "survivor boots" again! Welcome back mate!

• Like 2

I'm having this on Livonia after every start; anyone?

BE0A98FF679C7A311B07ACADEAF0E2FDEDF8CAE1

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

anyone?

I think that's a know issue, but as Livonia doesn't support Ambient Furniture (yet), set it to NO in the loot module and that error will disappear. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

I'm having this on Livonia after every start; anyone?

Yep, BIS just changed how waitUntil works, that breaks the furniture system...

Will be fixed soon!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, haleks said:

Yep, BIS just changed how waitUntil works, that breaks the furniture system...

Will be fixed soon!

SRC pls, waitUntil's are everywhere! Doesn't it accept sleep any more?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/waitUntil

Since Arma 3 v1.93.145618 returning anything other than true or false from condition will result in appropriate type error and termination of the wait. The telltale sign of expression not returning Boolean is "Type <whatever>, expected Bool" error message as well as "Type Bool, expected Bool", which means that expression should return Boolean but something makes it undefined

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, haleks said:

so, if i'm not wrong then it's going to destroy a lot of mods and scripts that are unsupported anymore because almost every single script have waitUntil function... nice... or i'm wrong? sorry for stupid question just curius because i don't want my custom mission become usless after update 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zagr said:

so, if i'm not wrong then it's going to destroy a lot of mods and scripts that are unsupported anymore because almost every single script have waitUntil function... nice... or i'm wrong?

Although it is easy to fix, yes, it is going to break anything using waitUntil without a proper return value.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

TBH I would have guessed "waituntil {alive player; sleep 0.1};" didn't work before...If they did a change here, it's risky, but I guess won't break too many missions/mods.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, haleks said:

Although it is easy to fix, yes, it is going to break anything using waitUntil without a proper return value.

Hahah...

Some things never change...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well i found the images. 

Its actually a bit better then I remembered ...

M8WC9QN.jpg

and there is this .... LOL

qefCYuS.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

On 6/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, Gill93 said:

All right, this should please ACE lovers...

Hey did you know how to repair a vehicle in Ravage with ACE, its like ACE broke the ravage repair script.

qefCYuS.jpg

I'm still open for business....

Spoiler

xzKY9Cn.jpg

Made a start on Livonia structures. :rthumb:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, damsous said:

Hey did you know how to repair a vehicle in Ravage with ACE, its like ACE broke the ravage repair script.

have you played with the ACE settings at all you might have it setup so only engineers can repair vehicles

Hi everyone!

I figure a lot of Ravagers are either on RC or dev branch, wich breaks a couple features, so I pushed a little update. A bunch of fixes (the usual), and new toys to play with for mission makers! 😉

I think you will like some of new module options :

Tweaked :
Disabled footstep sounds on bolter walk anim.
Disabled unnecessary init functions.
Improved damage handlers for zombies.
Tweaked default loot lists.
Updated data for rvg_backpacks and rvh_headgear (thanks to EO).

Fixed :
Dismissed units could switch to an incorrect side.
Error caused by breathfog init.
Furnitures not spawning with Arma3 v1.93.
The Ambient AI module can generate gear lists on its own.
Fixed rvg_fnc_init_gearpool error on old mission files.
Some zed spawn condition checks were incorrect.

New :
Added a common items entry to the gearpool module.
Added a rare items entry to the gearpool module.
Added a damage coef parameter to the zombie module.
Added a Usable Beds entry to the survival module.
Added a 'corrupted android' face.
Added new hoodies by EO.
Added Contact DLC weapons to default lists.

Have fun guys!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I just bought contact. 

Is the creator DLC worth it?

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I just bought contact. 

Sadly no. Separate DLCs

6 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi everyone!

I figure a lot of Ravagers are either on RC or dev branch, wich breaks a couple features, so I pushed a little update. A bunch of fixes (the usual), and new toys to play with for mission makers! 😉

I think you will like some of new module options :

Have fun guys!

Hi Haleks , are there any chanches to get the function for sleeping in beds working in MP ? I always play MP alone because no respawn in SP , missing everytime my Bed 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Lol, that would depend on who you ask, it initially sparked a lot of heated debate when it was first released.....from my point of view, I'd say the overall package is worth the money, lots of authentic 80's assets to use, a gorgeous terrain built from the ground up with brand new assets plus additional content is coming for free at some point down the line, but the process is slow, the GM devs are at the mercy of BI's QA who give the green light to any updates. It's especially slow at the moment because Contact is still being developed. I think BI's resources are stretched at the moment, maybe once Contact has been released we will see GM flourish a little faster.

• Like 2