Not yet Gill, Van has somethings I definitely want to poke around with though.

When manually placing empty vehicles I don't want damaged by the Vehicles module, what do I put in the vehicle's init to protect it from the Vehicles module? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, vihkr said:

When manually placing empty vehicles I don't want damaged by the Vehicles module, what do I put in the vehicle's init to protect it from the Vehicles module? Thanks.

Prevent vehicles from being a part of the mission start vehicle destruction:

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EO said:

but I'd hate to see it added as just another thing you can do with a gutting knife and a campfire.

In the DayZ standalone they have cannibalism, but maybe if we did make it use the gutting knife if would just take an extremely long time to cut them up, as for DayZ the counter is very long while doing so (you have to cut dead players out of vehicles in DayZ) 

chickens, Goats, and sheep are all very quick to be gutted which is pretty realistic. Yet with a human it’d be a completely other side of “humanity” you’re literally cutting up a human being, filleting your skin off, a “normal” human being would vomit at the site.

in other words we could add cannibalism but with some extreme consequences... You can get very sick just from the sight of seeing / doing this act. And of course you can get sick from eating a human because you just ate a human. Haha 😂 

I would think if throwing up was added it would have detrimental effects towards your thirst and hunger counters as well. 

Lots to play with guys, and lots to be tested as well, if Haleks added such a feature it would need to forego rigorous testing sessions.

(Also I know we’re not trying to copy DayZ, these are just thoughts of course, there has to be some punishment to some sort of status, whether an ailment or whatever, or even timer like I was saying, or else EO is correct in saying players would just go around freely chopping up banditos.) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

you can get sick from eating a human

It's apocalypse !

We just need to start from somewhere :rofl:  , but let's check :

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Punishment for cannibalism could be:

(I am repeating myself and others here)

- possibility of increasing a generic illness rating similar to radiation (just call it „fever“, so it can be caused by other events like cold weather, wounds, or whatever)

- at some point your appearace changes and blufor react hostile.

- slowly change the color of the screen, as if looking through red sun glasses. At first just a very soft tint, later on a deep red world.

- slowly increase the aiming shake 

edit: facts?! I don‘t need facts when I can have worn out movie tropes 😜

Edited by whiteface73
Youtube Videos I am not sure I want to see ;)
  • Like 3

@lv1234: I'll take a look.

Word of warning guys : I had a fraudulent message popping up on the Ravage wikia...

If Wikia doesn't act on this malvertising soon, I'll hide the links in the OP and on the WS until it's resolved - I don't want Ravage players to be exposed to potential infections, well, not that kind of infection...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, haleks said:

If Wikia doesn't act on this malvertising soon

This is why I only try to open links displayed by trusted others within the wiki, or people who have been here for quite some time. Can never be too hasty to click a link. 😉 

(edit: unless you’re referring to the Ravage Wikia, completely separate from the forums, which it seems you are 😂😂)

The main problem with the Wikia is that anyone can really edit it, so some clown can purposely link a virus within a seemingly harmless “mission link” or something. Damn.

1 hour ago, haleks said:

@lv1234: I'll take a look.

Word of warning guys : I had a fraudulent message popping up on the Ravage wikia...

If Wikia doesn't act on this malvertising soon, I'll hide the links in the OP and on the WS until it's resolved - I don't want Ravage players to be exposed to potential infections, well, not that kind of infection...

So does the malvertising still occur with adblock? Because I'm not seeing it 

Yeah, I have adblock+ enabled - I was quite surprised. I don't know how frequent of a problem this is on Wikia, I'll keep an eye on it.

• Thanks 1

@haleks

After getting some sleep I think that maybe we (well,...I) make to many requests and suggestions at the same time. Probably more than a one-man mod team can handle. If I had to prioritize my personal wishes I have to say that all that cannibalism / illness stuff would be nice to have, but (IMHO) I think that customization options for ambient blufor / opfor / indep are way more important.

It‘s so easy to get carried away with all these ideas if someone else has to do the script work. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️😊🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@whiteface73: don't worry man, my work flow usually stays the same : tackle the more important stuff first (or the fun stuff), review small errors reported by the community or spotted during dev, and once I have a consequential changelog push the update. There is no point for me in pushing huge updates : they are often followed by small hotfixes, especially when they introduce complex systems like the recent audio detection overhaul, so I try to keep the size of each update under control to allow easier debugging if needed.

Speaking of updates : Ravage updates will be a bit less frequent in the next months. I'm focussing on finishing the Contact Mod, started work on configuration for a proper addon version of the MyST project - and I'm giving lordfrith a hand for his robots (they're going to be awesome!).

• Like 3

Maybe uBlock origin is the better choice.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 12:10 AM, EO said:

@tortuosit, you could take a different approach and dial down the hearing and sight of the zeds themselves, this way they will pay less mind to AI who in return may be less interested in them.... 

OK. It's a possibility, thx. Will see and also put some spotting skill penalty on my groups AI (where often I am member of and not being the group leader). Or I force them not to shoot via script, will see...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

in other words we could add cannibalism but with some extreme consequences...

Yeah it can be cool to add few effect for a player who gut to much human body, he become a psycho with few effect of addiction and it can't be cured, screen shake, red blurry vision if hungry and a higher hunger rate (something similar to radiation poisoning).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, haleks said:

@whiteface73: don't worry man, my work flow usually stays the same : tackle the more important stuff first (or the fun stuff), review small errors reported by the community or spotted during dev, and once I have a consequential changelog push the update. There is no point for me in pushing huge updates : they are often followed by small hotfixes, especially when they introduce complex systems like the recent audio detection overhaul, so I try to keep the size of each update under control to allow easier debugging if needed.

So where you talking over small fixes for Ravage . It gives a bug when you using The Ravage Recruitment Script , when you have no one in the team you became

Nevertheless the addaction - Dissmiss Unit . So when i pressing that i become a undeletable waypoint from a unit that not exist  😄

I think thats the actual Script to call your functions

["man", "init", {

_unit addAction ["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"];

_unit addAction ["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"];

}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

• Thanks 1

Where do I report bugs? GitHub? Elsewhere?

@vihkr I think some of us just scream about it on here or you could PM Haleks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vihkr said:

Where do I report bugs? GitHub? Elsewhere?

Here's fine for the moment. I know a GitHub would be ideal for this, but I never got around setting one up...

Alright. This came up (see image). Running Steam versions of ALiVE and Ravage on Esseker Fixed. Atmosphere Module is set to Artificial Lights -1, Breathfog Simulation Yes, No to everything else. It pops up every 30 seconds or so.

NctIPQM.jpg

• Thanks 1

0:21:23 Error in expression <unit] spawn RVG_fnc_breathfog;
};
_unit removeEventHandler ["SoundPlayed", _unit>
 0:21:23   Error position: <removeEventHandler ["SoundPlayed", _unit>
 0:21:23   Error Type Any, expected Number
 0:21:23 File ravage\code\scripts\system\breathfog_init.sqf, line 19
 0:21:23 Error in expression <unit] spawn RVG_fnc_breathfog;
};
_unit removeEventHandler ["SoundPlayed", _unit>
 0:21:23   Error position: <removeEventHandler ["SoundPlayed", _unit>
 0:21:23   Error Type Any, expected Number
 0:21:23 File ravage\code\scripts\system\breathfog_init.sqf, line 19

• Thanks 1

Arma's so weird man, I had breathfog enabled on a east to west road trip on Livonia in a UGV, never had any pop errors like the above....

• Like 1

Need to correct / change the behavior of car patrols. There is a place in Altis where they go all the time, with short breaks - you get tired of shooting. This not normal.

2Uxhf.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1