Haleks, after rummaging through the scripts today I noticed that you moved the location of backpacks, vests and some others things from the lootlists.sqf.

If I wanted to add to that list, would I still put it in the (now) empty spots in that file or is there elsewhere that I need to look? Thanks!

@acoustic, just curious as too why you would need to do this when you now have the ability to add classnames directly into the Gear Pool module. 

Edit: Sorry I read your post a little wrong there, lootlists and gearpool serve a different purpose....you could still use the gear pool for your custom items, it just means you have to fight for your desired items rather than loot for them, much more fun.

16 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

THIS. ^^^ 

I play-test my missions for hours, and hours before a release, or a patch, but then you have someone who comes in and hasn’t even been playing ten minutes telling me that the loot system is broken. 

CLASSIC. 

😂

I searched one crate and found nothing loot must be broken thumbs down LMAO XD

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, acoustic said:

Haleks, after rummaging through the scripts today I noticed that you moved the location of backpacks, vests and some others things from the lootlists.sqf.

If I wanted to add to that list, would I still put it in the (now) empty spots in that file or is there elsewhere that I need to look? Thanks!

Since the last update, all loot or NPC gear potentially affected by the gearpool module are handled by a script executed by both the loot & gearpool module.

Filling the empty slots in the SQF file will work, just like using the new options in the gearpool module will dynamically populate those.

By the way : I was investigating a potential CTD when using the loot & gearpool modules together when my GC died, so anyone, make sure to let me know if you encounter stability issues when using those - (edit) especially at mission start.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, haleks said:

By the way : I was investigating a potential CTD when using the loot & gearpool modules together when my GC died, so anyone, make sure to let me know if you encounter stability issues when using those.

Over the last week I've been extensively play-testing a Ravage/GM mission on Weferlingen using both Gear and Loot modules plus the Ambient AI module.

Gear Pool module is edited to include my GM uniforms plus some selected vests, packs and headgear. 

My most recent test lasted over 2 hours in Eden, no issues only lots of fun....(this also included lots of alt-tabbing in and out of game for various reasons) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

test lasted over 2 hours

I can confirm using both is currently stable, (even with a fully populated gear pool module, all gear is classed) I’ve been doing 3+ hour runs in my mission and nothing, getting 70+ FPS in some areas of CHR REDUX, so I’d say this is the most stable my mission has been, no crashing or game ‘instant closing’ either, so all is well! 😊☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone!

I wanted to update you on the latest events : I talked with @MuRaZorWitchKING over the week-end, and he is going to send me his spare GC.

It's the best solution for now, as my current financial situation makes it difficult for me to buy what is basically the most expensive piece of hardware in a computer. Regarding the donations I've received so far, I intend to use them to upgrade other bits and pieces on my rig : improving my "working" environment should allow me to work a bit faster and more comfortably.

(That includes buying a headset with a microphone so I can - finally - play a bit online with you guys.)

A huge "thank you" to @MuRaZorWitchKING, @whiteface73, @Zakuaz and @tourist for their contributions - and of course to everyone supporting me on Patreon! You guys have been helping me more than you can imagine.

Speaking of Patreon, I'm probably going to make some changes : I will drop the tiers, and let anyone pledge the amount they choose. All early-access and conceptual items will be available to everybody, no matter how much they pledged. I'll most likely do that before next month. I also would like to remind everyone that items uploaded on Patreon aren't in any way exclusive : those are merely previews of WIP stuff and will always be released publicly later on (unless a project is deemed too ambitious or not feasable), so keep that in mind before subscribing.

Thanks again Ravagers, it is trully an honor to have seen such a community forming around what began as an obscure singleplayer mod!

• Like 13

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Thanks again Ravagers, it is trully an honor to have seen such a community forming around what began as an obscure singleplayer mod!

By Community, you mean family right? Hahaha ☺️😁😊

“The Ravage Family” 

It’s quite catchy. 😉 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

By Community, you mean family right? Hahaha ☺️😁😊

“The Ravage Family” 

It’s quite catchy. 😉 

I just imagined Adam's Family.. can't be unseen!

• Haha 3

Right on Haleks, glad you have a path out of that hardware mess!

I've been running my EXOTAC Jager Ops in a 2038, Chongo, Angola setting. That means I have been playing SP with an AI team, hunting Raiders and Renegades.

I've always thought it'd be cool to have a very light weight type of task gen system while running around in my sandbox survival hell zone using RAVAGE.

Deleted because I talk a lot...

Ok this could be pages long if I tried to explain the way I play ARMA but RAVAGE is in every mission I do.

BUT, what if...

There was some layer of intel gathering? 

Like random Raiders have a chance to have a Top Secret document or file folder on them upon death or maybe a vile / sample of something evil.

Something like that could go in many directions, if possible.

Examples:

1. Find X amount of Intel Documents get a big pay off. So basically nothing happens..it's for roleplay... but some in-game acknowledgement, pop up, audio or whatever.

2. Find X amount and a Task appears to meet up with an intel Operative to drop off the information. Oooh a little objective action in my survival sandbox, I like it 😃

3. If making it spawn a NPC to complete the above mentioned task is a royal pain in the ass...just a dead drop at some way off random location.

4. It doesn't end your mission ( omg I'd be pissed lol)

5. Configurable maybe? Edit amounts to collect, type to collect ie, Samples, docs etc... Who drops them, chances to drop and any other fun stuff

The list could go on and on but I'm at the office and really just wanted to have all of you Ravagers  chip in , expand OR laugh and tell me I'm crazy haha, no worries!

Hell take the configurable bits a step further and replace the docs with ID's or Dogtags and now the Milsim nuts could even use it...Return the Dogtags of your fallen comrades and collect IDs from enemy combatants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

I've always thought it'd be cool to have a very light weight type of task gen system while running around in my sandbox survival hell zone using RAVAGE

This could be doable with a very long, long script haha

possibly have a script that will call a different function when picking up a Document folder or something.. That’d be about the only way I see this working, though the problem with this is document folders are a Ravage item as well, so you’d have to use something else possibly... Unless you would want tons of little side missions?

It’d be quite a bit of code and out of my skill level, but someone else may be able to do it, @GEORGE FLOROS GR may be the one to ask, he may even have a system currently for this. 🙂 

Yeah MuRaZor, I really wasn't sure how complex it all could b.  I, at its root, thought it'd be an additional inv loot item that some OPFOR would have on them at random like the current loot pool works. ...but making it do additional things ( task gen ) upon collecting of X amount, well that's into another can of worms entirely haha.

If it's a PITA then too hell with it but it seemed like a potentially cool additional element to have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

Yeah MuRaZor, I really wasn't sure how complex it all could b.  I, at its root, thought it'd be an additional inv loot item that some OPFOR would have on them at random like the current loot pool works. ...but making it do additional things ( task gen ) upon collecting of X amount, well that's into another can of worms entirely haha.

If it's a PITA then too hell with it but it seemed like a potentially cool additional element to have.

You could Test out George’s “Mission Spawner” it’s a random task spawning system I believe... He’d be the one to get into touch about it though cause he typed it up haha! 

Cheers!

• Like 2

@ZakuazI tried Ravage + ALiVE to create side missions. It did work, but I blamed ALiVE (erroneously) for some massive lags and cancelled any further work in that direction.

On an unrelated side note, does somebody know if saving variables to profileNamspace does this on every computer? I know that during local games, my savegame is saved on the client. I am pretty sure that during a game on my dedi server everything is saved on the server. What I don‘t know is, if playing on a dedi server does save something on the clients too.

I love scripting, but the whole arma locality issue is getting on my nerves...

Oi!

So I've been developing a MP version of the Ravaga mod on Tanoa since the beginning of this year. I call rvg_fnc_equip on intiplayerlocal and onplayerrespawn. This used to work like a charm - but broke with the latest Ravage update. At first completely, now with the latest fix (the one with the built in delay) it (sometimes) switches the primary weapon on you (at random) when you log into your saved character. Not sure about other gearstuffs, so far only the primary weapon switchup stands out. Thought I'd mention this here.

Also, I believe the server key of the latest version hasn't been updated yet.

Cheers

20 hours ago, Zakuaz said:

Right on Haleks, glad you have a path out of that hardware mess!

I've been running my EXOTAC Jager Ops in a 2038, Chongo, Angola setting. That means I have been playing SP with an AI team, hunting Raiders and Renegades.

I've always thought it'd be cool to have a very light weight type of task gen system while running around in my sandbox survival hell zone using RAVAGE.

[...]

Woohoo that's quite the challenge! ^^

In itself, a mission generation system isn't necessarily difficult to make (I mean that's the essence of Arma after all), but designing a configurable system that would suit all environments or settings is another story : some missions use AI or zombies only for instance, in others, driveable vehicles could be completely absent etc... It's a lot of variables to work with if we want something able to create generic tasks that work everywhere on all terrains and time lines. The nature of the task itself might require developping other features like random camps in the wilderness or outposts, wich means a new system to spawn compositions and caching them if needed.

I tend to think such systems should be written on a "scenario basis" only, eventhough it implies a lot of work for a single mission or campaign. It is something I began working on for the "MyST" project - the next update on Patreon will most likely include a first build of such a system. It might evolve later on into a complete new feature, depending on the overall complexity, but there is no solid plan on that for now.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

@ZakuazI tried Ravage + ALiVE to create side missions. It did work, but I blamed ALiVE (erroneously) for some massive lags and cancelled any further work in that direction.

On an unrelated side note, does somebody know if saving variables to profileNamspace does this on every computer? I know that during local games, my savegame is saved on the client. I am pretty sure that during a game on my dedi server everything is saved on the server. What I don‘t know is, if playing on a dedi server does save something on the clients too.

I love scripting, but the whole arma locality issue is getting on my nerves...

The wiki doesn't say anything on this, but saveProfileNamespace is local only : in other words variables are only saved on the computer executing the command.
Like all local commands, it mostly depends on how it is called :

- using saveProfileNamespace from init.sqf executes it on all computers.
- using saveProfileNamespace from initPlayerLocal : all clients with an interface have data written on their own computer.
- using saveProfileNamespace from initServer : data is written on the server only.
- using [] remoteExec ["saveProfileNamespace", 0] writes data on all computers.
- using [] remoteExec ["saveProfileNamespace", 2] writes data on server only.
- using [] remoteExec ["saveProfileNamespace", -2] writes data on all computers but the server.

Do you have a script example? There're so many possibilities it's difficult to answer without more informations. 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, icarium said:

Oi!

So I've been developing a MP version of the Ravaga mod on Tanoa since the beginning of this year. I call rvg_fnc_equip on intiplayerlocal and onplayerrespawn. This used to work like a charm - but broke with the latest Ravage update. At first completely, now with the latest fix (the one with the built in delay) it (sometimes) switches the primary weapon on you (at random) when you log into your saved character. Not sure about other gearstuffs, so far only the primary weapon switchup stands out. Thought I'd mention this here.

Also, I believe the server key of the latest version hasn't been updated yet.

Cheers

I'll see if I can fix that once I can resume work on the mod, but checking if there is an existing save should fix your problem :

if (player getVariable "mp_saveLoaded") exitWith {};
[player] call rvg_fnc_equip;

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Do you have a script example? There're so many possibilities it's difficult to answer without more informations. 😉

No code, but I started writing a new version of my Ravage MP savegame script and suddenly I realized, that my current script may have saved files on the clients too. This crappy scripting is kind of OK on a closed dedicated server with my co-player (it is working after all), but I don‘t want these kind of things happening in my next savegame script. 

RemoteExec „2“ is the solution I am thinking about too, but before implementing this I wanted to be sure that there really is a problem.

The varying saving scripts will be called from different objects on the server (which may change their locality, not sure yet). The loading script will be executed from the client.

Anyway, still learning something new every week... 

Thank you

• Like 2

Never assume the battle is won....

Spoiler

Wx94Z2e.jpg

m0NGVtx.jpg

DTLAht6.jpg

IU0TjVT.jpg

• Like 6

Anyone have experience with ambient music scripts? I'm asking because I'm trying to add custom songs to my Ravage missions, but only the initial track plays, after that it's silence. Any help is 100% appreciated. Here's what's in my "init.sqf" file:

_randomFirstTrack = _musicPool call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; // select the initial track
playMusic _randomFirstTrack;//play the initial track, required for the eventHandler to work
addEventHandler ["MusicStop" //add an eventHandler which starts a new track when the music stops
{
_randomTrack = _musicPool call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
0 fadeMusic 0; //set volume to 0 to smoothly fade in afterwards
playMusic _randomTrack; //play a random selected track
10 fadeMusic 1; //Turn up the music volume smoothly
}];

On 5/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, haleks said:

Hello everyone!

I wanted to update you on the latest events : I talked with @MuRaZorWitchKING over the week-end, and he is going to send me his spare GC.

It's the best solution for now, as my current financial situation makes it difficult for me to buy what is basically the most expensive piece of hardware in a computer. Regarding the donations I've received so far, I intend to use them to upgrade other bits and pieces on my rig : improving my "working" environment should allow me to work a bit faster and more comfortably.

(That includes buying a headset with a microphone so I can - finally - play a bit online with you guys.)

A huge "thank you" to @MuRaZorWitchKING, @whiteface73, @Zakuaz and @tourist for their contributions - and of course to everyone supporting me on Patreon! You guys have been helping me more than you can imagine.

Speaking of Patreon, I'm probably going to make some changes : I will drop the tiers, and let anyone pledge the amount they choose. All early-access and conceptual items will be available to everybody, no matter how much they pledged. I'll most likely do that before next month. I also would like to remind everyone that items uploaded on Patreon aren't in any way exclusive : those are merely previews of WIP stuff and will always be released publicly later on (unless a project is deemed too ambitious or not feasable), so keep that in mind before subscribing.

I'm glad that you're able to get back on your feet again 👌

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

Anyone have experience with ambient music scripts? I'm asking because I'm trying to add custom songs to my Ravage missions, but only the initial track plays, after that it's silence. Any help is 100% appreciated. Here's what's in my "init.sqf" file:

_randomFirstTrack = _musicPool call BIS_fnc_selectRandom; // select the initial track
playMusic _randomFirstTrack;//play the initial track, required for the eventHandler to work
addEventHandler ["MusicStop" //add an eventHandler which starts a new track when the music stops
{
_randomTrack = _musicPool call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
0 fadeMusic 0; //set volume to 0 to smoothly fade in afterwards
playMusic _randomTrack; //play a random selected track
10 fadeMusic 1; //Turn up the music volume smoothly
}];

Pop open my Ravage mission “The Burning Rain” and use the scripts I use for mine, you’ll also need a looping script for continuous music, I use Phronks music looper, also keep in mind you’ll need to class all the sounds / music in your description.ext file. 

Cheers! 

EDIT: (You should find it somewhere in steamapps under Workshop, or even possibly your A3 missions, just extract the .pbo and go to town. 🙂 )

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Pop open my Ravage mission “The Burning Rain” and use the scripts I use for mine, you’ll also need a looping script for continuous music, I use Phronks music looper, also keep in mind you’ll need to class all the sounds / music in your description.ext file. 

Cheers! 

EDIT: (You should find it somewhere in steamapps under Workshop, or even possibly your A3 missions, just extract the .pbo and go to town. 🙂 )

Thanks my dude, I'll take a look and see if I can get something working!

• Like 1

I had world war 3 on a map this morning!

I have been hunting some bug in game that's bothered me for years now, when I fly a Heli, the game will randomly crash, sometimes 5 minutes in...sometimes 3 hours in.

So I unloaded all my mods - again- except for CBA, Ravage, TPW Mods, Achilles and the other Eden editor thingy. I set down Ravage AI, Surv, Settings, Zeds, Etc... 4am mission time blah blah and fired it up.

Well I had forgot I had TPW Skirmish set to "on" with OP, IND and BLUFOR units, multiple squads, hasty troubleshooting pays sometimes.

I Jump in a Kajman ( had no idea what was about to unfold) and fly myself towards this town and all hell is breaking loose, it was the coolest shit I've ever seen in the game!

There was tracer fire streaming all over the place and I'm seeing Blufor engage Raiders and some damn CSAT team is getting rushed by zombies.  50 Cal fire from one technical shooting at another technical 500 meters across town, RPG hits a van full of Syndicate... I'm trying to land and get in on this action but the place is lit up, fluid and very kinetic haha.  I died about 3 meters from my Heli... took some heavy AA to the bird on my way down and I think a cook off secondary got me while I was crawling away, fuck you ZEDS!

I can't wait to get home and try it with some time on my hands to enjoy it!

I've done this -often- on purpose before but not with the unit numbers set as high for each mod and I also probably used to have 20+ gear mods on, ranging from RHS to SMA, Friths, Warfare Thai...you name it, I ran it and 10 maps, all CUPs loaded...jesus.... No AI stuff though.

Game didn't crash but that's not conclusive nor points me to the culprit mod.

I will say I was surprised at the frame rates, I didn't have the read out on screen but you know when Arma is running good, the animations look so much better, everything does. So yeah, looks like I'm going full vanilla ( well Ravage and TPW stay, I wont play Arma with out em ) if this is the action and performance I can get.

• Like 6