18 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@haleks is it correct that you use minedetector type items for their double click function and add own code to the clicks?

If i understand correctly, adding items is only possible via config.cpp and as mod version.

No, sadly it's based on UI eventhandlers for now - and those can't be stacked, wich is a problem as it makes it more difficult to add support for inventory items outside of Ravage. 😕

I never heard of a dbl-click function on the mine detector - are you sure about that?

Hey Ravagers,

Ravage has been updated!

This update brings some preliminary improvements to the gearpool module and fixes some long-time issues regarding interactions between the gearpool and loot modules.

Here's the complete changelog :

Tweaked :
Opening a trader's backpack grants a negative rating (replaces the 'take' EH & fixes an exploit).
Upgraded Gear Pool module.
Custom weapons arrays can be used independently.

Fixed :
Audio Detection system errors with mounted launchers.
User-defined lists are now correctly applied to the loot system.
AI & loot lists are now correctly synchronised.
Locality issue with fireplace actions.
Added a radius parameter to all actions.

New :
Gearpool module : added support for GM CDLC.*
Gearpool module : override entries for uniforms, vests, headgear, glasses & backpacks.
Loot module : automatic sorting of civ/mil vests.

Notes :
* Includes a limited number of vanilla items for diversity.

Important note for mission designers :

Those changes won't break previously released missions, but might impact the intended design as some underlying mechanics have been updated to offer more possibilities. As a result, missions in wich vanilla weapons are supposed to be excluded will need to be updated with the new parameters. Friendly reminder : you can quick-test the effects of the gearpool module in editor mode with the rvg_fnc_equip function.

[player] call rvg_fnc_equip

About GM :

The only thing left to achieve total support for GM is creating & adding data for the furnitures system. This is a huge task, given the number and complexity of GM structures, so it will take time. I'm working on a standalone script that will partially address this situation until the furnitures system is updated - more news on that soon!

As always, have fun fellas, and thanks to the contributors & supporters who are helping me keeping Ravage alive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

The changes to the gearpool module deserve, at the very least, a dancing banana....:yay:....the override entries for uniforms will be put to good use.

Spoiler

FwUGGEy.jpg

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I could help you with a Cold weather script, just give me a shout! 😊

I need to rewrite mine anyways and add in arrays, so players can manage “warm clothes” better. 

Temperature values for Weferlingen summer and winter may come in handy...

//Weferlingen Summer temperatures//

temperatureDayMax[] = {10,12,15,20,25,35,35,35,25,20,10,10};
temperatureDayMin[] = {-10,-6,-5,-1,5,6,7,10,5,2,-5,-10};
temperatureNightMax[] = {5,6,8,10,13,18,26,25,15,13,8,4};
temperatureNightMin[] = {-10,-10,-10,-5,0,4,5,6,5,0,-5,-10};

//Wferelingen Winter temperatures//

temperatureDayMax[] = {-3,-4,-2,-1,0,1,2,2,3,-2,-3,-4};
temperatureDayMin[] = {-12,-16,-12,-6,-3,-3,-3,-3,-5,-7,-8,-10};
temperatureNightMax[] = {-2,-3,-4,-5,-5,-5,-5,-4,-4,-3,-2,-1};
temperatureNightMin[] = {-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15,-15};

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I could help you with a Cold weather script, just give me a shout! 😊

I really like the thought of temperature having an effect on health. Is your cold weather system similar to hunger, thirst or radiation from Ravage?

• Like 1

Okay, build 175 is back online. I had to take it down for a few minutes in order to solve a stability issue.

It's the first time I use the "revert" feature on the workshop, so let me know if it causes any problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

I really like the thought of temperature having an effect on health. Is your cold weather system similar to hunger, thirst or radiation from Ravage?

It damages the player yes, I heavily modified JohnO’s Detrimental Weather Effects script as well, and put the most recent patch up afew pages back. (it now uses EO’s Survival suits) 

My own scripts as well have been posted before. (Though with mine I need to update and add some arrays)

With the info EO gave me I may be able to come up with a script for the Wferelingen map. But it’ll require heavy testing. 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Hey Ravagers,

Ravage has been updated!

This update brings some preliminary improvements to the gearpool module and fixes some long-time issues regarding interactions between the gearpool and loot modules.

Here's the complete changelog :

Important note for mission designers :

Those changes won't break previously released missions, but might impact the intended design as some underlying mechanics have been updated to offer more possibilities. As a result, missions in wich vanilla weapons are supposed to be excluded will need to be updated with the new parameters. Friendly reminder : you can quick-test the effects of the gearpool module in editor mode with the rvg_fnc_equip function.

[player] call rvg_fnc_equip

About GM :

The only thing left to achieve total support for GM is creating & adding data for the furnitures system. This is a huge task, given the number and complexity of GM structures, so it will take time. I'm working on a standalone script that will partially address this situation until the furnitures system is updated - more news on that soon!

As always, have fun fellas, and thanks to the contributors & supporters who are helping me keeping Ravage alive!

You're the man, Haleks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome update man, set up a quick mission, filtered the Gear Pool for GM only content, even added some of my retextured GM parkas to the uniform overrride, GM uniforms in the zombie uniform override....it's all working just perfectly. This update has just made an real authentic GM/Ravage experience possible. 

• Like 4

If you set the "ArmA 3" setting in the Gear Pool module to Equipment Only and have a player or AI have "0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; " in their init field, the game will CTD. I just got it to occur multiple times under the same circumstances.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

If you set the "ArmA 3" setting in the Gear Pool module to Equipment Only and have a player or AI have "0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip; " in their init field, the game will CTD. I just got it to occur multiple times under the same circumstances.

I will fix that with the next update; but you should add a delay to that code : the gearpool module doesn't kick-in immediatly.

this spawn {
	sleep 1;
	[_this] call rvg_fnc_equip;
};

This should also prevent CTDs.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, haleks said:

I will fix that with the next update; but you should add a delay to that code : the gearpool module doesn't kick-in immediatly.

this spawn {
	sleep 1;
};

Thanks, I'll go ahead and add the delay to my missions 👍

I've noticed some strange behavior in Ravage lately, mostly regarding the AI and zombies. I am encountering an over-abundance of Renegades almost, just earlier I was playing and found like 3 Renegades all within very close proximity of each other (they weren't part of the same group). Blufor Survivors seem to be extremely rare, I almost never find them nowadays, as opposed to back in 2016 when I could find them every other playthrough. It's almost like Renegades have higher spawn priority than the other AI or something. I also almost never find Car Patrols anymore, especially the Independent Truck Patrols that I used to commonly find/see, they're nowhere to be found. Also, zombies seem to only spawn in cities and towns now, I only find one, two, maybe three, tops, out in the wilderness. I have my AI population multiplier set to 2, and the spawn distances are 400 and 1000. My Zombie count is set to 30 per player, safe distance is 75 meters and the other one is 250 meters. Is anyone else noticing this strange behavior or is it just me? 

On a different note, thanks again for the update, Haleks! The new and improved gear pool module is one of the things the mod needed the most, and I can't thank you enough for revamping it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

It damages the player yes, I heavily modified JohnO’s Detrimental Weather Effects script as well, and put the most recent patch up afew pages back. (it now uses EO’s Survival suits)  

OK, understood, so there are no individual values I have to include in my saving script for persistence. What about temperature, is that a value like overcast or fog?

• Like 1

Spoiler
9 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

I've noticed some strange behavior in Ravage lately, mostly regarding the AI and zombies. I am encountering an over-abundance of Renegades almost, just earlier I was playing and found like 3 Renegades all within very close proximity of each other (they weren't part of the same group). Blufor Survivors seem to be extremely rare, I almost never find them nowadays, as opposed to back in 2016 when I could find them every other playthrough. It's almost like Renegades have higher spawn priority than the other AI or something. I also almost never find Car Patrols anymore, especially the Independent Truck Patrols that I used to commonly find/see, they're nowhere to be found. ......... Is anyone else noticing this strange behavior or is it just me? 

I would wager this is a manifestation of the way the new audio detection works for zeds. Based on my experience, BLUFOR survivors (the solos and trader groups both) tend to be armed with better weapons such as assault rifles, and therefore engage zeds at greater ranges. I can't count the number of times I've heard distant gunfire, gone to check it out, and discovered a survivor blasting away at seemingly nothing. I'm guessing the survivor combat behavior may not have been adjusted yet to the new audio detection, they are still engaging at long ranges, and therefore are pretty much doomed to become instant zombie chow because of all the noise they make. This also applies to the vehicle patrols, who seem to have the added handicap of not being able to run over zeds because of the wonky AI driving, making them susceptible to being swarmed by zeds as they pass through a town. Renegades, on the other hand, tend to be more lightly armed and less inclined to engage zeds at range, the better to remain undetected and more likely to surprise the player.

Again, these are just my observations/interpretations of what's going on "under the hood". I'm sure M. Haleks has more insightful (and accurate) commentary to add on this.

• Like 1

Am I missing something? Tried the script and all I get is errors when I try and play in Enden Editor Attached in the spoiler is the Images of the errors

13 hours ago, haleks said:

this spawn {
	sleep 1;
};

Screenshots:

Spoiler

8807689277DE6A91DC2B3DB0BB46F11207FDDE06

0FAB1BCFD43D2244AD4DE6971363747A79C108E2

D6025C11357CEA8A8CE39D9D77B902E159F3D927
0FD9CF03A63C6868CADE926AFB2AB749500C17F3

• Like 1

@wasbob45: the rvg_fnc_equip function is half broken since the 175 update; I'm working on a fix and trying to solve all function priorities and delays issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just pushed a small hotfix.

Fixed :
Fixed modules init priorities.
rvg_fnc_equip was broken.

I did what I could to fix modules & functions init priorities; the big problem is that objects init fields are always called before modules are initialised. Since the modules rely on dynamically created functions and data, using some of the Ravage functions in init fields will always be tricky. I had to build-in a small delay inside rvg_fnc_equip to solve that; you no longer need to delay it yourself : [this] call rvg_fnc_equip now works as intended. You don't need to spawn either, a simple call will suffice.

I want to apologize to server managers : it's a lot of updates in a small fraction of time, but things should be quieter now - I intend to focus a bit on other side-projects.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

32 minutes ago, haleks said:

Just pushed a small hotfix.

I did what I could to fix modules & functions init priorities; the big problem is that objects init fields are always called before modules are initialised. Since the modules rely on dynamically created functions and data, using some of the Ravage functions in init fields will always be tricky. I had to build-in a small delay inside rvg_fnc_equip to solve that; you no longer need to delay it yourself : [this] call rvg_fnc_equip now works as intended. You don't need to spawn either, a simple call will suffice.

I want to apologize to server managers : it's a lot of updates in a small fraction of time, but things should be quieter now - I intend to focus a bit on other side-projects.

You have done a incredible Job and deserve a break lol plus I have to many Scenarios to keep updated XD

• Like 6

11 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

What about temperature, is that a value like overcast or fog?

For JohnO’s script It uses Rain level and Daytimes for temperature, if rainlevel is above a factor of 0.3 then you’ll start getting cold or sick, same with nighttime. With my Cold regions script you set the altitude you want the player to start getting cold at, unless they’re in a vehicle, or in their “warm suit” I can send you the scripts later today as I’m currently not at my PC. I’ll try to update them first too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sentinel329 said:
  Hide contents

I would wager this is a manifestation of the way the new audio detection works for zeds. Based on my experience, BLUFOR survivors (the solos and trader groups both) tend to be armed with better weapons such as assault rifles, and therefore engage zeds at greater ranges. I can't count the number of times I've heard distant gunfire, gone to check it out, and discovered a survivor blasting away at seemingly nothing. I'm guessing the survivor combat behavior may not have been adjusted yet to the new audio detection, they are still engaging at long ranges, and therefore are pretty much doomed to become instant zombie chow because of all the noise they make. This also applies to the vehicle patrols, who seem to have the added handicap of not being able to run over zeds because of the wonky AI driving, making them susceptible to being swarmed by zeds as they pass through a town. Renegades, on the other hand, tend to be more lightly armed and less inclined to engage zeds at range, the better to remain undetected and more likely to surprise the player.

Again, these are just my observations/interpretations of what's going on "under the hood". I'm sure M. Haleks has more insightful (and accurate) commentary to add on this.

I think in one of the updates, Haleks changed the firing mode of the AI so the Blufor survivor problem you were experiencing should be history by now... but I do agree on your points. The problem could just be me, I'm not entirely sure yet.

@sentinel329, @ArteyFlow

To be honest, I didn't have much time to study how the AI performs on the long run lately; but sentinel329 is probably right. This new "natural selection" is going to need further adjustments I reckon.

Right now the AI is too dumb/fearless, it's going to need some sort of fear simulation, or at least be better at weighting its options in presence of infected, and possibly flee instead of engaging.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, haleks said:

@sentinel329, @ArteyFlow

To be honest, I didn't have much time to study how the AI performs on the long run lately; but sentinel329 is probably right. This new "natural selection" is going to need further adjustments I reckon.

Right now the AI is too dumb/fearless, it's going to need some sort of fear simulation, or at least be better at weighting its options in presence of infected, and possibly flee instead of engaging.

A fear simulation system for the AI would certainly make the AI more realistic... however would there be a chance for that to be a toggable option? I'm asking because I prefer the way the AI are now, with their literal balls of steel whilst firing at the undead and all 👍

Yes, it would most likely be based on either the AI flee coef or a custom value defined in the module.

• Like 2

It's my understanding that AI in Arma changes their behavior based upon the game options that you set (Skill and precision). For example... if you turn up "Skill"... AI will go into buildings and follow you. I've even see them go so far as to climb up on a rock and try to shoot you from a distance. The AI can be very aim-bot like, so I tend to not jack the settings too much. Nothing worse than getting one shot headshot from 300 meters with a 9 mil pistol.

• Like 1

Been beavering away with some GM Uniforms, seems like the perfect time especially with the new additions to the Gear Pool module. Should add a little more variety that's a little less "military".

These guys are nearly battle ready if you want to take a wee peek over here. :rthumb:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1