11 hours ago, haleks said:

there is no way you could clean up a portion of a town IRL and then go to your looting as if you were at the supermarket.

Absolutely true. There would always be someone out there possibly better than you. That’s where ‘The Walking Dead’ lost most of it’s fans, was when Rick and everyone met Negan. Everyone thought they were the only ones left, the only community left... NOPE. 

Most fans didn't like the results of their meeting of the two. (Not gonna spoil too much) as some of you possibly haven’t gotten that far, or even watched the show.

But yes, completely agree. Back when I was in high school I had a cool English teacher who would ask everyone what their strategy would be if a global out break or something of the sort ever happened. When he came to me I just said I’d try to survive, Cause there is no guarantee. 

• Like 1

I'm in full agreement about the new audio coef feature, it's so cool I'm slipping it into Sirens...

• Like 5

hiho all,

hijacking the thread for a minute.

my infection script received some updates.

if you get hit by a ravage Z, you might quite well wipe out your squad if you are not careful=)

Infected players will spread the infection now:

- infection will spread through coughing to nearby AI and players
- newly infected AI/players will spread again to nearby AI/players
- appropriate facewear may protect from spreading infection as a host, but also from receiving it as bystander
- initially the host is infected by getting hit by (by default ravage-) zombies, from there the infection may spread
- AI will have random change to "consume" cure pill
- players will have to scavenge for cure pills
- in the video, damage to me is disabled and the damage frequency from the infection on AI is decreased from 80s intervals to 5s, for showcase reasons. 
- the red vest indicates that the AI was infected
- the HINT panel to the right is just for debugging
- note that the AI wearing facemasks are not infected
- while i wear a facemask, i do not infect others

this feature will be removed from the Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod and will be added to the upcoming mod Vandeanson's Apocalypse: The Living (more info to come)
- on a later stage both mods might be merged...tbd

PS: it should be dedi and hosted compatible, but this is subject to testing. 

PSPS: I am reviweing the effects that the infection has on infected, please let me know if you have further ideas. Currently the effects are:

- damage every 60-80s

- stamina loss, same intervall

- wounded sound

- camshake

I thought i could mess with stuff like weaponsway, blacking out short term, dropping weapons.... Blurred vision.. 

cheers
vd

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

hiho all,

hijacking the thread for a minute.

my infection script received some updates.

if you get hit by a ravage Z, you might quite well wipe out your squad if you are not careful=)

Infected players will spread the infection now:

- infection will spread through coughing to nearby AI and players
- newly infected AI/players will spread again to nearby AI/players
- appropriate facewear may protect from spreading infection as a host, but also from receiving it as bystander
- initially the host is infected by getting hit by (by default ravage-) zombies, from there the infection may spread
- AI will have random change to "consume" cure pill
- players will have to scavenge for cure pills
- in the video, damage to me is disabled and the damage frequency from the infection on AI is decreased from 80s intervals to 5s, for showcase reasons. 
- the red vest indicates that the AI was infected
- the HINT panel to the right is just for debugging
- note that the AI wearing facemasks are not infected
- while i wear a facemask, i do not infect others

this feature will be removed from the Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod and will be added to the upcoming mod Vandeanson's Apocalypse: The Living (more info to come)
- on a later stage both mods might be merged...tbd

cheers
vd

Well done VD. Well done. This looks quite interesting. 😊

• Like 2

This is going to sound like a seriously dumb question, but where can I find a good quality picture containing the Ravage logo? I was looking to add scenario pictures to all my Ravage missions to add a coat of polish, but I'm not sure where to find a high quality Ravage picture.

9 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

This is going to sound like a seriously dumb question, but where can I find a good quality picture containing the Ravage logo?

That's actually a very good question. I've noticed that a lot of Ravage missions use one particular thumbnail image which was taken from one of my videos, which I, in turn, took from Haleks. So clearly people are having difficulty with this. There's a hidden page on the wiki that explains what font is used, where to find it and the image Ravage uses for the logo as well as the original image from which it's derived. I haven't made it visible yet because I still need a higher resolution image, but you can access it here in the meantime:
https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Media

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kodabar said:

That's actually a very good question. I've noticed that a lot of Ravage missions use one particular thumbnail image which was taken from one of my videos, which I, in turn, took from Haleks. So clearly people are having difficulty with this. There's a hidden page on the wiki that explains what font is used, where to find it and the image Ravage uses for the logo as well as the original image from which it's derived. I haven't made it visible yet because I still need a higher resolution image, but you can access it here in the meantime:
https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Media

Thank you very much, I'll take a look!

Yesterday we had a 2-player session in my ravage sandbox. We shot some raiders / survivors too close to our base and a horde of slow zeds overran our base. 

I had just implemented an experimental version of my savegame script linked to a vehicle, so we went on a little tour, got totally lost and had to save the game at a new „base“. We had zombies, gunfights, high radiation zones and everything.

I have to say this again: Ravage is a very, very great mod. Thank you! 

Btw, is Massi‘s Vehicle Mod compatible with Ravage? I have been asked to include some military vehicles to create more of a post-war atmosphere.

• Like 4

This is not on Ravage Topic but, Not sure if anyone here watches HBO but the new series ‘Chernobyl’ just launched episode one was very good, I highly recommend it towards anyone interested in Chernobyl. ☢️☢️☢️

• Like 5

5 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

Btw, is Massi‘s Vehicle Mod compatible with Ravage? I have been asked to include some military vehicles to create more of a post-war atmosphere.

Add your own support through the Custom Vehicles and Wrecks array in the Vehicles module and the Custom Vehicles list in the Ambient AI module. 

TvgxAXS.jpg
Works well with GM vehicles. :rthumb:

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, EO said:

Add your own support through the Custom Vehicles and Wrecks array in the Vehicles module and the Custom Vehicles list in the Ambient AI module. 

TvgxAXS.jpg
Works well with GM vehicles. :rthumb:

If I remember correctly, using the custom vehicles will exclude every other vehicles. OK, I could add them too.

There is a vehicle option in the Ambient AI Module? Didn‘t notice...I think life is gonna get interesting in my sandbox 😁

• Like 2

7 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

If I remember correctly, using the custom vehicles will exclude every other vehicles. OK, I could add them too.

There is a vehicle option in the Ambient AI Module? Didn‘t notice...I think life is gonna get interesting in my sandbox 😁

I'm gonna take a look too myself into adding custom vehicles... I think life is going to get very interesting indeed...

• Like 3

The end result of downloading and converting the Ravage Mod Header that @kodabar linked me to:

A6776286B900FA64EBD04C928EB26825362EB9C4

• Like 4

I just discovered a new distance related bug, much like the "Repair/Scavenge Vehicles" one I found a while back. It's related to traders this time around:

556FA903FFF225E6BA572DB17E0AA3BB05C5B95C

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

I just discovered a new distance related bug, much like the "Repair/Scavenge Vehicles" one I found a while back. It's related to traders this time around:

556FA903FFF225E6BA572DB17E0AA3BB05C5B95C

I'm going to review all actions in the mod : arma3 1.63 added a "radius" parameter and increased the default show distance, that's why all actions show up from super far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Today i finally unpbo'ed ravage, to see whats all behind it.. 

The beauty... :slayer: much to learn there:) 

Figured i want to get over a blockad/lack of knowledge that i always had: making own inventory items similar as in ravage 

Maybe, anti virus pills will become usable inventory items after all..

@haleks is it correct that you use minedetector type items for their double click function and add own code to the clicks?

If i understand correctly, adding items is only possible via config.cpp and as mod version.

Cheers

Vd

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

If i understand correctly, adding items is only possible via config.cpp and as mod version.

I believe, and I could be wrong... but in the description.ext file you can add mods with the “#include _______”  whenever adding something with Rsctitles and what not you do his, I believe you can add mods the same way. Though like you my knowledge is limited and I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am. 

I’ve just recently really started diving in and exploring description.ext files along with config.cpp files.

Edit: “titleRsc Defines custom UI displays. To show such displays, use cutRsc or titleRsc.” ~ found this in the forums so I believe I am incorrect. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 3:56 PM, haleks said:

Hi guys!

I've been thinking on possible improvements to the gearpool module before adding support for GM, and I think I got a solution that would fit everyone's needs.

The upgraded module would have the following features :

• A "side" entry : you can assign a module to a specific side or to "all sides" (make sure to use one module only if set to "all sides"). That allows specific loadouts for each faction.
  • One entry to enable/disable different gear categories for each supported addon (including Arma 3 and DLCs) : weapons, uniforms, vests, goggles etc.
  • Plus an override entry for each category (the custom weapons section will remain as it is).

I think that will cover a wide range of possibilities, and greatly expand the customisation options. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Some quick news about the gearpool module :

The plan remains unchanged, but I'm going to do this progressively across several updates. I've started working on the upgrades; that area of the code is among the oldest and is rather messy - it is quite the headache tweaking it without breaking the dynamic interactions with the loot module.

What's done for now :

- The setting for vanilla content works in the same way as supported mods (on, off, weapons only or gear only). This is a quick QoL improvement until I begin work on deeper changes to the module.

- Enabling weapons from supported mods no longer auto-disables vanilla weapons : mission designers can use the new setting to exclude or combine them with mods.

- Fixed sync between gearpool and loot modules: data generated by the gearpool module is correctly applied to the loot system - no more vanilla items if the mission designer don't want them.

- That also means the gear used by the AI will be consistent with what can be found as loot (that wasn't always the case).

- Added module support for GM CDLC.

- Made sure it doesn't break previous missions.

I'll see if I can squizz more custom list overrides like for weapons, and I'll probably update in a few days.

EDIT : Here's the changelog for now :

175 (TBR)

Tweaked :
Opening a trader's backpack grants a negative rating (replaces the 'take' EH & fixes an exploit).
Upgraded Gear Pool module.

Fixed :
Audio Detection system errors with mounted launchers.
User-defined lists are now correctly applied to the loot system.
AI & loot lists are now correctly synchronised.
Locality issue with fireplace actions.
Added a radius parameter to all actions.

New :
Gearpool module : added support for GM CDLC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

As i mentioned earlier, "I get there in the end"...

From this...

Spoiler

n16mSmW.jpg

To this...

Spoiler

K32SESK.jpg

:icon_biggrin: 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, haleks said:

Some quick news about the gearpool module :

The plan remains unchanged, but I'm going to do this progressively across several updates. I've started working on the upgrades; that area of the code is among the oldest and is rather messy - it is quite the headache tweaking it without breaking the dynamic interactions with the loot module.

What's done for now :

- The setting for vanilla content works in the same way as supported mods (on, off, weapons only or gear only). This is a quick QoL improvement until I begin work on deeper changes to the module.

- Enabling weapons from supported mods no longer auto-disables vanilla weapons : mission designers can use the new setting to exclude or combine them with mods.

- Fixed sync between gearpool and loot modules: data generated by the gearpool module is correctly applied to the loot system - no more vanilla items if the mission designer don't want them.

- That also means the gear used by the AI will be consistent with what can be found as loot (that wasn't always the case).

- Added module support for GM CDLC.

- Made sure it doesn't break previous missions.

I'll see if I can squizz more custom list overrides like for weapons, and I'll probably update in a few days.

EDIT : Here's the changelog for now :

That all sounds amazing, I'm now extremely hyped to see those gearpool changes 👍

• Like 1

Just now, EO said:

From this...

Reveal hidden contents

n16mSmW.jpg

To this...

Reveal hidden contents

K32SESK.jpg

The first pic kind of looks like something from "The Thing" LUL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EO said:

From this...

Reveal hidden contents

n16mSmW.jpg

To this...

Reveal hidden contents

K32SESK.jpg

2nd picture guy is like : "oh, back to human form again. Much better". ^^

• Haha 8

Can't wait to survive on Weferlingen! I have almost everything ready for a sandbox with friends!
F949C46EA3C475FC11A293681961906F771C3205

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Can't wait to survive on Weferlingen! I have almost everything ready for a sandbox with friends!
F949C46EA3C475FC11A293681961906F771C3205

I can‘t wait to create my next sandbox, even though the current setup is very nice. There is a voice inside my head telling me to go to Weferlingen (Winter). This time I will even try to have something like a plan before starting to script. 😁

Will you restrict yourself to GM weaponry or include modern firearms? 

What about the border? It will probably need some holes...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

This time I will even try to have something like a plan before starting to script. 😁

I could help you with a Cold weather script, just give me a shout! 😊

I need to rewrite mine anyways and add in arrays, so players can manage “warm clothes” better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1