3 hours ago, Vald77r said:

Simple and logical.

mmm......Like I wrote before, in my experience, once there are shots fired the zombies will start moving towards them, which can be beneficial. Once the shooting's done and it's time to loot I often have to either hurry the f*ck up or start shooting again, which means attracting more zombies AND attracting the newly rising dead alike.

Also in a previous screenshot you were using 60 for the population limit, did you try lowering that?

• Like 2

Working on a new foe...

Spoiler

901DEA86F5EE52CE4D999C771B7343526DEF24FE

AFDBF7D161426E49FF1F01F4525D86A2D1874244

E4549E190D5A786E69EDBDF232B17137CED1F17B

580F3C4FAB393A4497E4AF51C6CE8E9E2E8273F4

I think they work pretty well on Weferlingen : their anachronistic look have a Simon Stålenhag vibe. ❤️

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, gaverio said:

mmm......Like I wrote before, in my experience, once there are shots fired the zombies will start moving towards them, which can be beneficial. Once the shooting's done and it's time to loot I often have to either hurry the f*ck up or start shooting again, which means attracting more zombies AND attracting the newly rising dead alike.

Also in a previous screenshot you were using 60 for the population limit, did you try lowering that?

60 for the city is normal. But when the crowd appears on the site with a small number of buildings (as in the screenshot), it looks crazy.

40 minutes ago, haleks said:

Working on a new foe...

This will be a good addition to that night mission I’m working on (if this is being added to Ravage) looks awesome, and somewhat scary. 😂😂

Not sure how I’ll react to one of those things chasing me at night... :icon15: :scared: 

I just recently finished absorbing The Electric State, a sparse, grim, intriguing but utterly brilliant road tale. Pure Emotion.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Working on a new foe

Kudos to everyone that comes up with new types of enemies/threads for arma! Looks amazing! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Not sure how I’ll react to one of those things chasing me at night... :icon15: :scared: 

Wait until they knock your car over... trollface.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, haleks said:

Wait until they knock your car over... trollface.gif

Oh... Well... Shit. I look forward to screaming like a child when my truck that I just get done fixing gets randomly flipped 😂

Oh god this is gonna be interesting. I look forward to it. 😉

I know this is slightly off topic but we have been discussing the excellence of the new DLC here and I wanted to express some thoughts and see what everyone thinks. I keep seeing gripes in the Arma community about the new DLC. People are saying that this new DLC does not offer enough content and that the price shouldn't be comparable to APEX. What planet do these people live on? I saw a popular YouTuber talk smack about the new DLC in a video that was nothing but mockery. It wasn't an actual review. It's amazing how one influential kid on YouTube can have such a nasty effect on a game. I saw one review where the guy said he would praise the new DLC if it were a mod, but because he had to pay for it he's giving it a thumbs down. Bohemia finally decides to share profits with an outside studio and this is how people are treating them. This is not encouraging for content creators. At least that's how I feel.

Just doing a general run down of the main features of both...

APEX - 13 new vehicles
GM - 21 new vehicles

APEX - 12 new weapons
GM - 42 new weapons

APEX - Tanoa map (partially new objects)
GM - 419 square kilometers (biggest map in Arma) - all new object

I saw one review where the reviewer hated the campaign. Do people buy DLC for campaigns? I almost never play the official campaigns unless I'm just looking to test things and see how they are. I would never rate a DLC based upon the campaigns.

• Like 6

I have yet to even touch the campaign... All I do is play around in the editor, play with scripts (still learning quite a bit) and I make scenarios. 

All my 1000 hours plus has been in Ravage. Which has been definitely worth it. 🙂 

• Like 3

This mod is quite amazing, but there is one thing i would like to know:

How can i add/remove specific items from the loot spawn system ? I noticed you had info about it in the wiki, but it got removed. I'm creating a mission for my group and i really need to be able to do this.

So, is it possible without editing the mod directly ? Or currently there is no way to do that ?

9 minutes ago, As4shi said:

This mod is quite amazing, but there is one thing i would like to know:

How can i add/remove specific items from the loot spawn system ? I noticed you had info about it in the wiki, but it got removed. I'm creating a mission for my group and i really need to be able to do this.

So, is it possible without editing the mod directly ? Or currently there is no way to do that ?

The ‘equipment pool’ Module should be your go to on this, you can class what mods you want to use whether it be that mods equipment, or weapons only, or you can even disable that mod. Also, you can class weapons within the arrays in the module being:

Common []

Military []

rare [] 

launchers []

Hope this helps! 😊

the ‘loot’ module you can also address loot probability being Civilian, Military, Industrial, and  I believe medical (someone correct me if I’m wrong) you can play around with those and get loot to spawn more or less often and what types. 

9 hours ago, gaverio said:

Once the shooting's done and it's time to loot I often have to either hurry the f*ck up or start shooting again, which means attracting more zombies AND attracting the newly rising dead alike.

Too true, It’s a challenge that’s for sure. It’s like do I search these houses for some possible loot? Or only grab the goodies off the baddies I just killed...? Ravage makes every choice you make either rewarding or unforgiving. That’s why I love it. 😌

Most games nowadays hold your hand which is a sad shame, and most gamers have that expectation now. Not with Ravage! 😉😌😊

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vald77r said:

60 for the city is normal.

I'm at a loss here then....Can't think of anything else to tell you.

35 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Ravage makes every choice you make either rewarding or unforgiving.

More and more with each update. Thanks haleks!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Vald77r said:

Today I tried to play with the detection distance of 100 meters. See how playable it is.

19 hours ago, Vald77r said:

Zombies that react to sound are cool, but only when they really stand on the map, and not so many, that there are only a few of them now, the shot has happened, and suddenly there are a lot more of them. They multiply from the sound of what? Without sound, too bad - they stand and do nothing, and they will not see the enemy. Before the updates it was completely clear - there will be several zombies here, if you kill them, the terrain will be clean. Simple and logical.

I know for a fact, that there are several mods on steam that will cause zombies to magically appear out of thin air. Haleks and Evil Organ know what they are doing. Consider sending them your mission file. They will most likely run Ravage and CBA_A3 and try to reproduce the problem you are claiming to have. If you assume to know the answer, refuse to offer your mission file for troubleshooting and continue to complain, good luck getting a solution.

I also want to point out, if you use a specific number of mods and settings...a new Ravage update might not react the same way to other mods you are using. Even if everything else is the same... Ravage is not. It's something to consider.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, haleks said:

Working on a new foe...

Hide contents

I think they work pretty well on Weferlingen : their anachronistic look have a Simon Stålenhag vibe. ❤️

Is it all inspired by Simon´s paintings or do I sense a "Generation Zero" Vibe with this robot alien like foes?  Either way, nice add to ravage 😃

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Haleks and Evil Organ know what they are doing.

Haleks definitely knows what he's doing, whereas I do everything on a wing and a prayer....my first attempt at a GM retexture!....clearly a fairly big config error, however I do get there in the end, my next version produced some very nice results, pics soon. :f:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, EO said:

Haleks definitely knows what he's doing, whereas I do everything on a wing and a prayer....my first attempt at a GM retexture!....clearly a fairly big config error, however I do get there in the end, my next version produced some very nice results, pics soon. :f:

Oh nice, so you started to create aliens for ravage🤔😂👌

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, EO said:

Oh boy, keep that one in a safe : one never knows when you might need a creature from the swamp!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Vald77r said:

60 for the city is normal. But when the crowd appears on the site with a small number of buildings (as in the screenshot), it looks crazy.

As I said before introducing it, the new audio system does change gameplay a lot; the added realism can make the game more difficult and I'm aware it's not everyone's cup of tea.

But keep in mind that Arma 3 is a simulation platform, and ultimately, Ravage is a simulation too (albeit a light one) : there is no way you could clean up a portion of a town IRL and then go to your looting as if you were at the supermarket.

The "kill zeds, loot the town and move on" process was way too gamey; if the update adressed that, then it is a good one in my book.

That being said, the newly added visual & audio coef are powerfull tools, I encourage you to experiment with them. Give the "Dust" scenario a try : you will realise the update made it easier than the "Altis" showcase.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EO said:

Looks like a Cross between Slender Man and mister fantastic lol (:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Is it all inspired by Simon´s paintings or do I sense a "Generation Zero" Vibe with this robot alien like foes?  Either way, nice add to ravage 😃

I was taking a look at the newly updated half-life mod, and yeah, I spotted some cool looking assets and immediatly started working on a script. ^^

I was exploring Weferlingen at the same time, and I realized "it almost feels like one of his paintings".

• Like 5

On 5/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, haleks said:

Working on a new foe...

Reveal hidden contents

Remember that you can use my Boss Ai Script to make these new creations of yours quite resilient.

Also, does this means we can mix Contact and Ravage content to create the ultimate mission maker suite!

All we need now are custom apocalyptic textures for vehicles. EO is amazing for that. You know, something that makes default arma vehicles like these:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=933985898

• Like 4

9 hours ago, haleks said:

That being said, the newly added visual & audio coef are powerfull tools, I encourage you to experiment with them. Give the "Dust" scenario a try : you will realise the update made it easier than the "Altis" showcase.

I think the new audio system is exceptional. Very much reminds me of the Walking Dead. If a single gun gets fired, any zombies within a certain radius will start working their way to the person who fired. It's perfect for so many situations. Want to sabotage your enemy? Do it walking dead style. Stand outside their base and fire a bunch of shots then take off. The zombies go right into town after your enemies. This brings a new gameplay element to Ravage that I really enjoy!

• Like 6