Quick update :

The hotfix is pretty much ready I think. All the issues introduced with the latest mod update have been adressed; the audio detection system is fixed too, with correct audio range applied to weapons from 3rd party addons (although it's only been tested on CUP weapons, my HDD is too small for RHS).

I have to wait a few hours before GM is downloaded; I'll have a better idea then of the amount of work it requires : depending on that the hotfix could be released very soon or by next week-end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, haleks said:

my HDD is too small

I can donate you some hardware if you ever need anything, got tons of SSD’s and such, I wouldn’t even mind pitching in for a “money pot” or something towards more hardware for your editing. Just let me know matey. 🙂

If you ever need anything just ask! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MuRaZorWitchKING: Thanks mate, it's more a matter of cleaning up my HDD than lack of hardware.

The offer is appreciated. 😉

• Like 1

My Arma went to 96gb .... after GM. 

I'm trying to convince myself to let go of RHS, as I have 13gb left of space lol. 

5 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

My Arma went to 96gb .... after GM. 

I'm trying to convince myself to let go of RHS, as I have 13gb left of space lol. 

Thank God CUP has really been keeping up with RHS' quality with its latest patches so I found myself uninstalling RHS altogether. It is too heavy and demanding on my system too.

If you own the new DLC then you might not even need CUP except for the terrains...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

My 'ambient furniture' option stops working after a while, I worked when I was around the starting area, I got some vehicle, moved some great distance, got into military barracks only to find it completely empty, and building nearby...

Has anyone experienced this?

{UPDATE: Fixed it}

Having this issue after loading a saved game. Buildings nearby (15 meters or so) still have the furniture, garbage heaps, etc...beyond that distance is all empty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gaverio said:

Having this issue after loading a saved game. Buildings nearby (15 meters or so) still have the furniture, garbage heaps, etc...beyond that distance is all empty.

Thanks for the report; it's going to be fixed soon.

On a side note : I am reviewing the GM assets right now - and jesus I'm like a kid with a new toy... There is a lot of stuff in there that will fit the apocalypse!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@haleks

For the ravaged altis/stratis/tanoa mod, there the you and others collected hand placed interior designs/versions for each building on altis, which was the implemented into the game via the "Ravaged" mods right? 

Can you elaborate a bit on that project? 

Maybe we can reproduce that for GM, using the same process as for the aforementioned mods. 

Lets say we agree on some rules (mods used, max objects per building,..) and willing ravagers provide their take on some or each buildings, we could come up with a few interiour variants per building that can than be applied to the terrain?

Cheers

Vd

A collective effort might be the best way to go for GM, indeed : I took a look, and the DLC has a shit ton of furnitures and buildings, it's quite impressive - and discouraging! ^^'

But I don't want people to waste their time on a building only to find out that others are also working on the same, so yeah we need to come up with a bit of organization...

Maybe a public google sheet would be best?

In any case, given the number of game-breaking issues with the lastest Ravage update, I'm going to push the update ASAP - GM support will come after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

I am reviewing the GM assets right now - and jesus I'm like a kid with a new toy... There is a lot of stuff in there that will fit the apocalypse!

I know exactly what you mean! A significant amount of items included in this new DLC fits right into post apocalyptic scenarios. Everything is from 1983... so it looks older. There are a ton of really good looking objects. This might be my favorite DLC for Arma already!

By the way @Haleks, I have finally released the Ravage UI and custom menus mod for Ravage gamers. It's been a work in progress for a while. With your permission, I would like to use some of your Ravage mod screen shots as loading screens for the mod. You have some excellent screen shots on the Ravage mod steam page.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

By the way @Haleks, I have finally released the Ravage UI and custom menus mod for Ravage gamers. It's been a work in progress for a while. With your permission, I would like to use some of your Ravage mod screen shots as loading screens for the mod. You have some excellent screen shots on the Ravage mod steam page.

No problemo - use anything you want.

You can also check my other screenshots, might find something good in there.

EDIT : subscribed and voted!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I have finally released the Ravage UI and custom menus mod for Ravage

Wow... This looks very good!! Mind If I browse through the files? (Learn off this) I’ve been wanting to make a custom loading screen for “The Burning Rain” for a long time now, I got a video to play in the background (live mission footage) but I’ve always wanted to put my logo within it. Thanks man! Congrats on the release! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Wow... This looks very good!! Mind If I browse through the files? (Learn off this) I’ve been wanting to make a custom loading screen for “The Burning Rain” for a long time now, I got a video to play in the background (live mission footage) but I’ve always wanted to put my logo within it. Thanks man! Congrats on the release! 

Help yourself my friend. It's mostly open sourced stuff that I used from Breaking Point and Desolation. I thought Ravage gamers could use a little variety. Let me know if I can help. I did add the custom MP score table myself, as well as several edits and changes to the way things were used in those mods, to allow other players to use mods with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many areas and things to Ravage 😄
DPsfqXj.jpg

• Like 6

They even have a Siren....

....this is too much, I need a lie down.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

All these pictures of Ravage... I’m dying on the inside. 😬 I still have 4 more hours of my 12 hour shift damnit! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Update time!

This update should fix all the most recent issues. Also, I had insomnia last night, so I took some time and added partial support for Global Mobilization : some objects can now be searched and looted, water pumps added to the list of water sources, gasmasks added to the gasmasks list (duh), and beds are working in SP.

Here's the complete changelog :

Tweaked :
Light sources are now disabled with "switchLight" command.
Emptied weapon holders are now deleted on "take" & "inventory closed" events.

Fixed :
Fixed a potential locality issue when looting furnitures.
Sounds not playing when looting objects.
Fixed error pop-up when firing.
The sound detection system should now work with all 3rd party addons.
Glasses were disabled on zombies.
The furnitures spawn system was broken.
AI sometimes ignoring zombies hitting them.
Atmos module was unable to disable lights on Weferlingen.

New :
Added support for GM DLC gasmasks.
Added support for GM water pumps.
Added support for GM beds (SP).
Added support for GM lootable objects.

Notes :
Undocumented changes for future implementation of a new class of Infected.

Whatever terrain you're on, have fun everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

20 minutes ago, haleks said:

Update time!

This update should fix all the most recent issues. Also, I had insomnia last night, so I took some time and added partial support for Global Mobilization : some objects can now be searched and looted, water pumps added to the list of water sources, gasmasks added to the gasmasks list (duh), and beds are working in SP.

Here's the complete changelog :

Whatever terrain you're on, have fun everyone!

Thank you Haleks!

Never thought insomnia could be such a good thing 😃

PS: is the Light sources disabling feature something we can enable/disable or tweak % wise in a module? Is it a loop or a script that only runs once?

@haleks I honestly "remember" seeing in the wiki or somewhere else that spawning bandit factions could be customised. Obviously I can't find the reference........

So, is there a plan to add that ability?

37 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

PS: is the Light sources disabling feature something we can enable/disable or tweak % wise in a module? Is it a loop or a script that only runs once?

It's a setting in the "atmosphere" module : lights are disabled in the specified range around the module - or on the entire map if set to -1.

The script runs only once at mission start.

35 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

@haleks I honestly "remember" seeing in the wiki or somewhere else that spawning bandit factions could be customised. Obviously I can't find the reference........

So, is there a plan to add that ability?

At the moment, you can sort of customise them with the Equipment Pool module : it enables/disables content from a few selected mods, and you can define what weapons they should be equipped with.

But that's about it; I plan on improving that module to give more options (including faction-based loadouts). No ETA on that, but with the release of the CDLC, it might come soon...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, haleks said:

I plan on improving that module to give more options (including faction-based loadouts)

Awesome, I'd love a field in the module to add custom classNames for unit spawns (for other mods).

Solid work anyway 👍

• Thanks 1

Is anyone else unable to holster their weapon, or is it just me? It will holster with GM off, but it won't with GM on. When I try to holster, there's a click sound and that's it.

42 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Is anyone else unable to holster their weapon, or is it just me? It will holster with GM off, but it won't with GM on. When I try to holster, there's a click sound and that's it.

It's working fine on my end. Is it a weapon in particular or is it all of them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1