12 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I like the idea of weapons spawning on the ground, but it kills performance. I was just thinking about it. The AI probably wont' spawn because the new map has new roads and likely new pathfinding. Same thing with zombies. If every object on the new map is new to Arma... it's probably going to be a massive project to update everything.

Well, what if the loot spawn system was just like in Dayz mod, where loot only spawns when players get near a building, then when players go away from the building, say 250 meters, the loot either despawns or is cached....

13 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I'm not sure where things are currently, but setting anything to "Limited" seems to break spawning. At least in the past.

I experience the same exact problem whether or not "Allow ArmA 3 content" is set to "Full" or "Limited", I just mentioned that I changed it to limited because I thought it would stop the vanilla ArmA 3 weapons from appearing everywhere, but it didn't do anything.

29 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

Well, what if the loot spawn system was just like in Dayz mod, where loot only spawns when players get near a building, then when players go away from the building, say 250 meters, the loot either despawns or is cached....

That's how Breaking Point mod works. It also might explain how the Breaking Point mod had such high performance on their servers.

• Like 1

The full array of Ravage AI are spawning nicely around Weferlingen....

MQQ6Zid.jpg

NITOgbc.jpg

• Like 7

The topic of having a complementary, adjustable and dynamic loot economy for ravage missions was something that kept me busy lately. 

I got a dynamic loot economy script that spawns items on the ground in buildings (using building positions) in a certain radius (e.g. 200m) around the player. It despawns once the player moves out of this radius (and no other player is near) and spawns in new loot in buildings at the players new position. Theres a 40m safezone around the player so loot wont pop up in front of you. 

Need to tweak some things (e.g. reduce amount of loot if multiple players are at the same spot (-x% spawnchance per nearby player). 

And do more performance testing.

Also i need to think about what to do with zones where loot just despawned... Should there be a spawn timeout for that area for some time..? Maybe the building positions from previous "spawn area" will be stored in a building position blacklist array that is passed to the next lootspawn iteration and these blacklisted positions are removed from the "new area spawn positions". 

That should work for the new map too. But of course spawning assets comes at fps cost. Where the ravage solution even only activates the loot holdaction in when near lootable objects (i might be wrong tho), which is awesome fps wise, as long as there are such structures. 

I believe ravage also spawns in additional furniture/props and such into the main maps. 

So for GM we would need to check what is easier on fps, spawn in furniture and props for the ravage system, or dynamically spawn/despawn items in buildings relative to players position and called from initplayerlocal.

My spawner would prolly do well for SP and medium scale Coop tho and you could also reduce the spawn radius.

Im developing it anyway for both the VA mod (as complementary loot economy for ravage, exactly for cases like GM) and also for the basebuilding mod so i have means to spawn in ressources/materials, so will share it once ready for testing. 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 6

@EO

Will loot spawn on the new map? Is the AI pathfinding working correctly with the new roads? I guess I need to do some testing myself.

• Like 1

About GM : I don't own the new DLC, but I can add support for most of its assets. Thankfully the wiki is well documented and I can gather the classnames for weapons, clothes & vehicles.

As for the loot system, I will need help from someone who has the DLC : if the new map has any kind of object that could act as containers (already spotted a couple on EO's screenshots), I can share a script that will copy the data I need.

Other than that I'm pretty sure everything else will work with the DLC.

• Like 5

@haleks Here's another small list of the vehicles I've tested with that had errors in your Ravage test mission:

[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vmlauncher_AT5_single_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_AT5_single_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_AT5_single_veh","CUP_M_9M113_AT5_Spandrel_AT","CUP_8Rnd_AT5_BMP2_M",193: cup_9m113_at5.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_AT13LauncherSingle_W","CUP_AT13LauncherSingle_W","CUP_AT13LauncherSingle_W","CUP_M_9K115_2_AT13_Saxhorn_2_AT","CUP_6Rnd_AT13_M",275: cup_9m113_at5.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vacannon_Yakb_veh","CUP_Vacannon_Yakb_veh","manual","CUP_B_127x108_AP_Green_Tracer","CUP_1470Rnd_TE1_127x108_YakB_AP_M",315: tracer_green.p3d,<NULL-object>]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vmlauncher_RBS70_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_RBS70_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_RBS70_veh","CUP_M_RBS70_AA","CUP_1Rnd_RBS70_M",371: cup_stinger_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vacannon_M230_veh","CUP_Vacannon_M230_veh","burst_5","CUP_B_30x113mm_M789_HEDP_Red_Tracer","CUP_1200Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_30x113mm_M789_HEDP_M",372: tracer_red.p3d,<NULL-object>]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vmlauncher_AGM114K_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_AGM114K_veh","Direct","CUP_M_AGM_114L_Hellfire_II_AT","CUP_PylonPod_4Rnd_AGM114L_Hellfire_II_M",396: cup_agm_114k_hellfire_ii_fly.p3d,<NULL-object>]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vmlauncher_AIM9L_veh_1Rnd","CUP_Vmlauncher_AIM9L_veh_1Rnd","CUP_Vmlauncher_AIM9L_veh_1Rnd","CUP_M_AIM_9L_Sidewinder_AA","CUP_PylonPod_1Rnd_AIM_9L_Sidewinder_M",398: cup_aim9x_sidewinder_fly.p3d,<NULL-object>]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vmlauncher_AIM120_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_AIM120_veh","CUP_Vmlauncher_AIM120_veh","M_Zephyr","CUP_PylonPod_1Rnd_AIM_120_AMRAAM_M",462: missile_aa_02_fly_f.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Vblauncher_GBU12_veh","CUP_Vblauncher_GBU12_veh","CUP_Vblauncher_GBU12_veh","CUP_Bo_GBU12_LGB","CUP_PylonPod_1Rnd_GBU12_M",64: cup_gbu_12_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_yakB","rhs_weap_yakB","manual","rhs_ammo_127x108mm_1SLT","rhs_mag_127x108mm_1slt_1470",181: empty.p3d,<NULL-object>]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_2K8_launcher","rhs_weap_2K8_launcher","rhs_weap_2K8_launcher","rhs_ammo_9m17p","rhs_mag_9M17p_Mi24_2x",184: rhs_m_9m17_fly.p3d,<NULL-object>]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_zt3_Launcher","rhs_weap_zt3_Launcher","rhs_weap_zt3_Launcher","rhs_ammo_zt3","rhs_mag_zt3_4",200: rhs_m_zt3_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_9K114_launcher","rhs_weap_9K114_launcher","rhs_weap_9K114_launcher","rhs_ammo_9m114m","rhs_mag_9M114M_Mi24_2x",218: missile_at_03_fly_f.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_SidewinderLauncher","rhs_weap_SidewinderLauncher","rhs_weap_SidewinderLauncher","rhs_ammo_Sidewinder_AA","rhs_mag_Sidewinder",222: missile_aa_08_fly_f.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_mk82","rhs_weap_mk82","rhs_weap_mk82","rhs_ammo_mk82","rhs_mag_mk82",142: bomb_02_f.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haleks said:

As for the loot system, I will need help from someone who has the DLC : if the new map has any kind of object that could act as containers (already spotted a couple on EO's screenshots), I can share a script that will copy the data I need.

Yes, there's a decent amount of objects scattered around that will act as trash loot, barrels, skips....even mailboxes! One or two buildings have baked in furniture too.

Spoiler

LLGJD7y.jpg

9894U4s.jpg

hFDFXrA.jpg

KSiheD1.jpg

cNZiiHo.jpg

gFkviNs.jpg

Send me the script through Steam PM and it will be done. :rthumb:

• Like 3

Damn.... One more day of Work and I can indulge in the new Ravage update and the new map! Looks pretty well done, I’m pretty excited for it! Looking forward to Waking up, getting a hot cup of black coffee in the morning with some Ravage... Going over some scripts, studying the forums more (functions, Operators, etc...) And that’s a damn good couple of days. (Eat, Sleep, Ravage, Repeat.) 😉

edit: And of course go see “End game” with the lady friend. 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I played around on the new map today for a while. It's a gorgeous map. Very well done. I'm very impressed with the clothing, gear, weapons and vehicles that come with this DLC, as well as the custom sounds and objects on the map everywhere. I noticed that basically every house is enterable and has unique floors and wallpaper in some rooms. However... there are basically no objects inside of the buildings to loot from, for the most part. Most of the houses are completely empty. The Ravage AI and zombies both worked very well on the map. I had no problems with the way they spawned. The AI also spawned in vehicles as I had intended.

There's just something special about this map. The map feels a little bit like Bornholm to me. It truly feels different than the other vanilla maps. The roads, the fences. Everything looks different in it's own way. I can see this map having a decent roleplay setup. It could potentially work better than Altis in some ways. Most of the objects that come with the DLC just seem to work well with the Ravage and apocalyptic situations. The vehicles look older with wear and tear. There are some impressive looking crates and boxes that come with the mod. I could see them working well with a loot system as well.

• Like 4

My 'ambient furniture' option stops working after a while, I worked when I was around the starting area, I got some vehicle, moved some great distance, got into military barracks only to find it completely empty, and building nearby...

Has anyone experienced this?

{UPDATE: Fixed it} Also, traders sometimes sell CUP sometimes Vanilla weapons. How can I force them to sell only CUP stuff?

2 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

However... there are basically no objects inside of the buildings to loot from, for the most part

@haleks

For the ravaged altis/stratis/tanoa mod, there the you and others collected hand placed interior designs/versions for each building on altis, which was the implemented into the game via the "Ravaged" mods right? 

Can you elaborate a bit on that project? 

Maybe we can reproduce that for GM, using the same process as for the aforementioned mods. 

Lets say we agree on some rules (mods used, max objects per building,..) and willing ravagers provide their take on some or each buildings, we could come up with a few interiour variants per building that can than be applied to the terrain?

Cheers

Vd

• Like 2

I have created a specialized Ravage custom loading screens and main menu mod. It includes a custom main menu designed specifically to give Ravage MP or Co-Op gamers a specific style or experience. It includes custom menus that have been edited from other open sourced mods. It's a small file.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1727696634

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A general thought:

What about using existing vanilla or ravage items to trigger information/events at pick up? 

Example 1:

Eventhandler is triggered when picking up a ravage documents folder. 

Triggered event: 5% chance that the document contained information and a map marker is placed to the map, indicating a point of interest (loot stash, campsite,..). Such sites are randomly picked from an array of events. 

Could also be used to discover new blueprints for a basebuilding mod. 

Example 2:

Eventhandler is triggered when picking up first aid kits. 

Triggered event: 5% that the FAK actually contains cure medicine for a zombie infection (e.g. for my infection script). 

It would add more value to else rather uninteressting items i d say? 

Also, no additional assets need to be spawned. E.g. right now my infection script spawns additional lootable boxes in order for players to get cure pills. 

Let me know if thats something that you'd like. 

Cheers

Vd

Edited by Vandeanson
EDIT: "else uninteressting item" related to a FAK is relative i guess.. Depending how many zombies chew on your foot..
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

Let me know if thats something that you'd like. 

This is something I was thinking about, intels scattered around the map, revealing positions of radioactive zones. But the problem is connecting intel with the radioactive zone (the random ones that Ravage spawns, not hand placed). So as you progress through gameplay, you eventually find out all the rad zones so you can avoid them, or if there's something good in them, stock on supplies and head into one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

What about using existing vanilla or ravage items to trigger information/events at pick up? 

I could see this, basically the same system I used within my “The Burning Rain” mission, only difference was mine aren’t Dynamic and contain images that have made the mission file pretty big... (240+ MB I believe) but it’s definitely doable. (Most likely a mix of Game logic, and EH’s) Players love the “loot map” addition too and this would basically be the same feature just marked. :thumb_down:

• Like 1

@RZNUNKWN I would honestly look into just attaching images to the zones as we talked about awhile ago. (Pre-placed zones, have the images on their locations) Trust me, I’ve played over 1000 hrs (purely in Ravage) and mainly editing, I have used the pre-placed rad zone system for awhile now, (not the Dynamic setting with the module) players will not remember the locations of zones, depending on how much info or things you added to do are in your mission file. Even a simple “straight to the point” mission is very hard to remember EXACT locations of such things. I would give it a try mate. 👍

• Like 2

Regarding Weferlingen, noticed a few things after browsing the configs, we'll need to patch in some rabbits as they're currently not part of the Ambient System.....we gotta eat right!! :icon_biggrin:

There's also no ambient birds either so in the meantime I'll going to upload a version of Ambient Birds and Rabbits for Weferlingen at least until we get some native support from Ravage.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Mmmm Hasenpfeffer!

I swear I saw rabbits on that map... buut maybe not, Hmm you know I am running TPW.  Would TPW mod spawn stuff like that no matter what map you are on?

12 hours ago, haleks said:

About GM : I don't own the new DLC

Scratch what I said, I've been gifted the DLC - this community truly is unique...

You guys can expect a proper support for GM with the next update! \o/

(I might release a hotfix for the audio detection system before that though, depends on the amount of work the new DLC will require.)

EDIT : by the way, after the next Ravage update, I will start working on the next Patreon item. Unlike "Myst", this one should have a public release soon after.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, EO said:

we'll need to patch in some rabbits as they're currently not part of the Ambient System.....we gotta eat right!! :icon_biggrin:

What about goats and sheep? Chickens? Gotta have a balance in your diet. 😂 

• Like 1

Yep, chickens would be an easy add, goats and sheep not so much. It's very difficult to add those to the Ambient System without them occasionally spawning in front of you and breaking immersion. (they almost always drop in from a few feet above ground level when they spawn in...it's not pretty.)

Chickens and rabbits are fine as they're much smaller and less noticeable when they spawn in. :f:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

Mmmm Hasenpfeffer!

I swear I saw rabbits on that map... buut maybe not, Hmm you know I am running TPW.  Would TPW mod spawn stuff like that no matter what map you are on?

Just checked the config again, no rabbits buddy. 

I don't think TPW spawns rabbits iirc.

Maybe your just trippin' out on the new DLC...:tounge:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EO said:

Yep, chickens would be an easy add, goats and sheep not so much. It's very difficult to add those to the Ambient System without them occasionally spawning in front of you and breaking immersion. (they almost always drop in from a few feet above ground level when they spawn in...it's not pretty.)

Chickens and rabbits are fine as they're much smaller and less noticeable when they spawn in. :f:

I do have a dynamic animal spawner in the VA mod that ensures animals (goats, sheep by default, as ravage recognizes those as possible to butcher) near players but do not spawn too close. Also GF has a script that adds butcher addactions to all possible animals, also warfarethai mod wild boars:) 

So, this issue we can solve 😉

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 3