It's time for an update, and this is a big one : Ravage 0172 introduces a new audio detection system...

Is there any place to download the deprecated Ravage (1.71) for servers that are slow to update? Cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Awesome update, Haleks; I'm really digging the new Audio and Visual zombie coefficients, I feel they make the zombies more believable and dynamic. However, ever since the update, I keep getting the "blank inventory" bug when I am looting things (picture example: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1726498495). I just finished looting a barn (the one with all the boxes stacked high), and every other box came up blank. Also, I don't even hear the sound effect anymore while looting, I saw this in the changelog: "Fixed a sound issue when searching objects", so I think that might be why I'm not hearing the looting sound effect anymore.

5 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

@ArteyFlow - when you loot objects in other maps, (that are not from Arma 3, ie. Chernarus), every object of the same type will be considered looted until, the respawn time, I experience this also since day 1 playing. So it doesn't matter if you looted the barn near Zelenogorsk or near the NW airfield, all barns will be considered looted. Same goes for every object/building, again, until loot respawns. 

Those issues occur because furnitures in this case are proxies and "attached" to the building; I reckon it can be worked around. I will look into it and also make sure emptied weapon holders are deleted as EO suggested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've just encountered this error text box whilst playing Ravage: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1726772630. Looks like it has to do with the zombie's new hearing system. I saw on Ravage's Steam workshop page that someone else had the same problem. I'm using weapons from vanilla ArmA 3, CUP, RHS and NiArms. Not sure which mod specifically is conflicting with the zombie's hearing system though, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've just encountered the good ol' just vanilla weapons, even tho I put that on limited and selected CUP to 'Yes'. So, digging right now into to it, to find out what's going on.

Might need a fresh scenario from the scratch. 

EDIT: Nevermind, excuse my ignorance... "Equipment Module: custom weapons lists now override all other settings."

And I had only custom launchers in the array. So  I guess vanilla goes for rifles/pistols, the custom array for launchers.

In the cup.sqf, there's grade3 (mg/sniper) list, should I add launchers there? In game, they still use vanilla RPG7, haven't see anyone carrying CUP rpg or m76 launcher.

EDIT2: I also encounter the same error about zombies hearings, but I wasn't using any Ravage modules, just flying around in Takistan, shooting and bombing. Every time I press the left click, error pops up.

• Like 2

Screw this Z-apocalypse, i ll just hop onto my ship and sail away from tanoa! 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1726376971

Imagine having an old ship as mobile base to retreat to at the coast of your zombie infected island... 

Totally going to try to include that mod in a ravage setup:) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Screw this Z-apocalypse, i ll just hop onto my ship and sail away from tanoa! 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1726376971

Imagine having an old ship as mobile base to retreat to at the coast of your zombie infected island... 

Of course someone added old sail ships... I didn’t believe it for a split second, but then I remembered this is Arma, even Star wars is just a click away. :rofl:

Looks like they put a good amount of work into it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

I've just encountered this error text box whilst playing Ravage: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1726772630. Looks like it has to do with the zombie's new hearing system. I saw on Ravage's Steam workshop page that someone else had the same problem. I'm using weapons from vanilla ArmA 3, CUP, RHS and NiArms. Not sure which mod specifically is conflicting with the zombie's hearing system though, unfortunately.

I just found out what is causing this...

Or at least one possible cause : I've configured the system to play along with the sound config overhaul BIS made a few years ago (if you remember an Arma update breaking all modded weapon sounds, that's the one). It turns out that not all guns do use the new sound shaders (like the minigun on the hummingbird) and that's what is causing error...

Before I push a hotfix, I will post a test mission here to make sure the fix works for everyone.

• Like 3

Okay, here's a potential fix : https://drive.google.com/open?id=11-DQKJitC2Dcy9xSXSJFgoCAi-N2aQ8Y

Everyone having error pop ups when firing, please download this mission, open it in the editor, and try as many weapons and vehicles as you can.

If all works correctly, a hint with numerical values will be displayed; if an error is displayed instead, some data will be copied to the clipboard each time you fire : just paste it somewhere and post it here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Okay, here's a potential fix : https://drive.google.com/open?id=11-DQKJitC2Dcy9xSXSJFgoCAi-N2aQ8Y

Everyone having error pop ups when firing, please download this mission, open it in the editor, and try as many weapons and vehicles as you can.

If all works correctly, a hint with numerical values will be displayed; if not, some data will be copied to the clipboard each time you fire : just paste it somewhere and post it here.

"Try as many weapons and vehicles as you can". Challenge accepted! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1727086244

• Haha 1

@haleks Is this what's required from the test mission....

Spoiler

[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"hgun_PDW2000_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","Single","B_9x21_Ball","30Rnd_9x21_Mag",97: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"cannon_120mm","cannon_120mm","player","Sh_120mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Red","24Rnd_120mm_APFSDS_shells_Tracer_Red",101: shell_tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"LMG_coax","LMG_coax","manual","B_762x51_Tracer_Red","200Rnd_762x51_Belt_Red",313: tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"Throw","HandGrenadeMuzzle","HandGrenadeMuzzle","GrenadeHand","HandGrenade",415: handgrenade_throw.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"launch_RPG7_F","launch_RPG7_F","Single","R_PG7_F","RPG7_F",419: rocket_rpg7.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"M134_minigun","M134_minigun","HighROF","B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red_splash","5000Rnd_762x51_Belt",508: tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"missiles_DAR","missiles_DAR","Burst","M_AT","PylonRack_12Rnd_missiles",530: rocket_01_fly_f.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"hgun_PDW2000_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","Single","B_9x21_Ball","30Rnd_9x21_Mag",537: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"missiles_titan_static","missiles_titan_static","Player","M_Titan_AT_static","1Rnd_GAT_missiles",541: titan_missile_at_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"HMG_127_LSV_01","HMG_127_LSV_01","manual","B_127x99_Ball_Tracer_Red","100Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Red",598: tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"Put","DemoChargeMuzzle","DemoChargeMuzzle","DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",600: c4_charge_small.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"hgun_PDW2000_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","Single","B_9x21_Ball","30Rnd_9x21_Mag",620: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Let's try a remake of The Fog. (Has to be based on the 1980 version, 2005 remake was a real smelly dog with an incurable flea infestation.)

Spoiler

OnCBono.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EO said:

@haleks Is this what's required from the test mission....

Hide contents

[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"hgun_PDW2000_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","Single","B_9x21_Ball","30Rnd_9x21_Mag",97: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"cannon_120mm","cannon_120mm","player","Sh_120mm_APFSDS_Tracer_Red","24Rnd_120mm_APFSDS_shells_Tracer_Red",101: shell_tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"LMG_coax","LMG_coax","manual","B_762x51_Tracer_Red","200Rnd_762x51_Belt_Red",313: tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"Throw","HandGrenadeMuzzle","HandGrenadeMuzzle","GrenadeHand","HandGrenade",415: handgrenade_throw.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"launch_RPG7_F","launch_RPG7_F","Single","R_PG7_F","RPG7_F",419: rocket_rpg7.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"M134_minigun","M134_minigun","HighROF","B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red_splash","5000Rnd_762x51_Belt",508: tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"missiles_DAR","missiles_DAR","Burst","M_AT","PylonRack_12Rnd_missiles",530: rocket_01_fly_f.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"hgun_PDW2000_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","Single","B_9x21_Ball","30Rnd_9x21_Mag",537: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"missiles_titan_static","missiles_titan_static","Player","M_Titan_AT_static","1Rnd_GAT_missiles",541: titan_missile_at_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"HMG_127_LSV_01","HMG_127_LSV_01","manual","B_127x99_Ball_Tracer_Red","100Rnd_127x99_mag_Tracer_Red",598: tracer_red.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"Put","DemoChargeMuzzle","DemoChargeMuzzle","DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",600: c4_charge_small.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO),"hgun_PDW2000_F","hgun_PDW2000_F","Single","B_9x21_Ball","30Rnd_9x21_Mag",620: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (EO)]

Any error message ingame?

No errors messages. :icon_biggrin: 

3 minutes ago, EO said:

No errors messages. :icon_biggrin: 

All right, so those weapons are working correctly then.

I only need the data for weapons throwing up errors - my previous post was confusing. ^^

27 minutes ago, haleks said:

my previous post was confusing. ^^

Nah! I just read it wrong, my bad. That's what happens when you read a post straight after 10 hours in a field chasing sheep!   :uzi: 🐑🐑🐑

I get the drill now, only copy/paste after an error message, gotcha!

• Like 1

....and just to quell any rumours about the Scottish, I'm a forester!! ^^ 

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, haleks said:

Hello Ravagers!

It's time for an update, and this is a big one : Ravage 0172 introduces a new audio detection system for zombies among other additions. Mission makers can now tweak both audio and visual detection levels for better customization of zombies; it's possible to create totally blind or deaf zombies. The audio detection coef especially will have a great impact on overall difficulty : depending on settings, zombies could be able to hear gunshots up to 3000 meters around (an audio coef of 0.25 or less is recommended).

Here's the complete changelog :

The "Dust" showcase has been updated to better reflect the possibilities offered by Ravage : zombies are almost blind but have a very good earing. It's easier to sneak past them, but firing an unsuppressed gun can have dire consequences...

Also, as noted, I had to change some things regarding locality when it comes to processing targets detected by zombies : that is going to increase network traffic, so please, if you notice any performance degradation caused by interactions with zombies in multiplayer, ring the alarm bell on this thread.

As usual, special thanks to the patrons who made this update possible, and to EO for sharing amazing assets. Have fun guys!

Hey guys has anyone else experienced an error relating to the Audio Coef yet I was testing one of my multiplayer missions last night and everything was good until some raiders started shooting at zombies that is when the error occurred did not manage to catch a screenshot but I will do so if I can reproduce the error.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

I experienced the same error last night while testing in multiplayer the error seemed to pop off when Raiders started shooting at zombies.

• Like 1

Alright, I just tested a boat load of weapons (haven't tested any vehicles yet), and here's the list of weapons that threw up errors for me:

[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_SVD","CUP_SVD","Single","CUP_B_762x54_Ball_White_Tracer","CUP_10Rnd_762x54_SVD_M",180: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_SVD_des_EP1","CUP_SVD_des_EP1","Single","CUP_B_762x54_Ball_White_Tracer","CUP_10Rnd_762x54_SVD_M",202: tracer_white.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Igla","CUP_Igla","CUP_Igla","CUP_M_9K38_Igla_AA","CUP_Igla_M",223: cup_9k38_igla_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_RPG18","CUP_RPG18","CUP_RPG18","CUP_R_RPG18_AT","CUP_RPG18_M",226: cup_pg7vm_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_launch_9K32Strela","CUP_launch_9K32Strela","CUP_launch_9K32Strela","CUP_M_9K32_Strela_2_AA","CUP_Strela_2_M",230: cup_9k38_igla_fly.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_MetisLauncher","CUP_MetisLauncher","CUP_MetisLauncher","CUP_M_9K115_2_AT13_Saxhorn_2_AT","CUP_AT13_M",234: cup_9m113_at5.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_M136","CUP_M136","CUP_M136","CUP_R_M136_AT","CUP_M136_M",239: cup_at4_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Javelin","CUP_Javelin","CUP_Javelin","CUP_M_Javelin_AT","CUP_Javelin_M",244: cup_javelin_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_Stinger","CUP_Stinger","CUP_Stinger","CUP_M_Stinger_AA","CUP_Stinger_M",247: cup_stinger_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_SMAW","CUP_SMAW","CUP_SMAW","CUP_R_SMAW_HEAA_N","CUP_SMAW_HEAA_M",251: cup_smaw_rocket_inflight.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_M47Launcher_EP1","CUP_M47Launcher_EP1","CUP_M47Launcher_EP1","CUP_M_47_AT_EP1","CUP_Dragon_EP1_M",139: cup_tow.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"CUP_BAF_NLAW_Launcher","CUP_BAF_NLAW_Launcher","CUP_BAF_NLAW_Launcher","CUP_M_NLAW_AT","CUP_NLAW_M",369: nlaw_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_rpg26","rhs_weap_rpg26","rhs_weap_rpg26","rhs_rpg26_rocket","rhs_rpg26_mag",258: rpg26_projectile.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_rshg2","rhs_weap_rshg2","rhs_weap_rshg2","rhs_rshg2_rocket","rhs_rshg2_mag",262: rshg2_projectile.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"Put","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","rhs_mine_pmn2_ammo","rhs_mine_pmn2_mag",272: rhs_pmn2.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"Put","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","rhs_mine_msk40p_white_ammo","rhs_mine_msk40p_white_mag",275: rhs_msk40p_white_e.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"Put","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","rhs_mine_sm320_white_ammo","rhs_mine_sm320_white_mag",276: rhs_sm320_e.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"Put","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","Rhs_Mine_Muzzle","rhs_mine_tm62m_ammo","rhs_mine_tm62m_mag",297: rhs_tm62m.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_m72a7","rhs_weap_m72a7","rhs_weap_m72a7","rhs_ammo_m72a7_rocket","rhs_m72a7_mag",302: at4_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"rhs_weap_M136","rhs_weap_M136","rhs_weap_M136","rhs_ammo_M136_rocket","rhs_m136_mag",306: at4_rocket.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"Put","Rhsusf_MineMuzzle","Rhsusf_MineMuzzle","rhsusf_mine_m19_ammo","rhs_mine_M19_mag",327: rhsusf_m19_e.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]
[B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow),"Put","Rhsusf_MineMuzzle","Rhsusf_MineMuzzle","rhsusf_mine_m14_ammo","rhsusf_mine_m14_mag",331: rhsusf_m14_e.p3d,B Alpha 1-1:1 (ArteyFlow)]

I want to mention one thing not related to the weapon errors, but rather than the weapons, however; I saw that most of the CUP weapons (assault rifles, primarily) barely drew any of the zombies's attention, the number that showed on the top right was "15" for a good chunk of the CUP weapons I tested (primarily guns like the M4's, M16's, Ak's, Rpk, Pkm, etc), which I'm guessing is 15 meters? Which means that the CUP weapons are basically easy mode, at this point in time. Even a few of the RHS weapons I tested showed "15", like the "Ak-107" I believe. Other than that, and the error list that's above, I didn't notice any other issues.

• Thanks 1

I had the same error messages today. I am using Massi‘s Nato Russian Weapons.

• Like 1

I've been looking around on the new map that just came out with the Creators DLC. The map is gorgeous and exceptional. However... I have no idea how loot is going to work with Ravage mod on this map. There are no objects on the entire map that is used from vanilla arma. I'm also not seeing piles of boxes or crates that can be used for loot systems. The houses are all completely enterable and empty.

Could this be the perfect time for an optional 2nd loot system for Ravage? The old loot system that spawns objects such as luggage, might be a great system to use for this map.

• Like 1

I just picked up the DLC, cant wait to do some Ravage Jager ops on that map!

If Ravage isn't spawning loot on the new map I'll just place some survival boxes from the editor and fight my to them if needed but I get 95% of my loot from killing raiders and renegades.

If the Ravage system isn't even spawning NPCs you could place the game logic locations all over the place... IIRC

6 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I've been looking around on the new map that just came out with the Creators DLC. The map is gorgeous and exceptional. However... I have no idea how loot is going to work with Ravage mod on this map. There are no objects on the entire map that is used from vanilla arma. I'm also not seeing piles of boxes or crates that can be used for loot systems. The houses are all completely enterable and empty.

Could this be the perfect time for an optional 2nd loot system for Ravage? The old loot system that spawns objects such as luggage, might be a great system to use for this map.

Better yet, what if guns and items spawned directly on the ground, just like in DayZ mod? That would be a dream come true, for me. I've tried loot mods that spawn items at the start of missions, but they reduce performance far too much; it would be sick if an alternate system was used where things spawned directly on the ground, but only if players were near, then when players got far enough, the objects were stored in cached memory or despawned.

• Like 1

Also, not sure if anyone has this problem as well, but I keep finding Sting 9mm sub machine guns in residential buildings, like houses and barns. I have ArmA 3 Content set to "Limited" in the Equipment Pool module, but I'm still finding so many Sting 9mm sub machine guns that I could have an entire tent full of Stings in under a hour. It's not just Stings either, I keep finding PDW2000 sub machine guns too (the vanilla MP7 look-a-like). I'm confused because I have those guns listed in my "Military" weapons section in the Equipment Pool module, but they just keep popping up everywhere.

5 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

what if guns and items spawned directly on the ground, just like in DayZ mod? That would be a dream come true, for me. I've tried loot mods that spawn items at the start of missions, but they reduce performance far too much; it would be sick if an alternate system was used where things spawned directly on the ground, but only if players were near, then when players got far enough, the objects were stored in cached memory or despawned.

I like the idea of weapons spawning on the ground, but it kills performance. I was just thinking about it. The AI probably wont' spawn because the new map has new roads and likely new pathfinding. Same thing with zombies. If every object on the new map is new to Arma... it's probably going to be a massive project to update everything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

Also, not sure if anyone has this problem as well, but I keep finding Sting 9mm sub machine guns in residential buildings, like houses and barns. I have ArmA 3 Content set to "Limited" in the Equipment Pool module, but I'm still finding so many Sting 9mm sub machine guns that I could have an entire tent full of Stings in under a hour. It's not just Stings either, I keep finding PDW2000 sub machine guns too (the vanilla MP7 look-a-like). I'm confused because I have those guns listed in my "Military" weapons section in the Equipment Pool module, but they just keep popping up everywhere.

I'm not sure where things are currently, but setting anything to "Limited" seems to break spawning. At least in the past.

• Like 1