My spawns:
Civ
[30,5,15,8,0]
Mili
[25,10,40,0,0]
Inds
[20,5,15,8,0]

Desperate times upon me :tounge_o:

Lol, it looks like you prefer to carry all your gear in your hands instead of putting anything in a bag, since judging by those spawn chances, your mission doesn't even have bags. LUL

1 hour ago, ArteyFlow said:

Lol, it looks like you prefer to carry all your gear in your hands instead of putting anything in a bag, since judging by those spawn chances, your mission doesn't even have bags. LUL

Plenty of Bandits and Renegades in his mission tho'.....:shoot:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EO said:

Plenty of Bandits and Renegades in his mission tho'.....:shoot:

True, I guess he could pretend that all the Bandits and Renegades got to the backpacks before he could, that's why there's no bags for him to find LUL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@haleks I have an update for you regarding the Respawn bug I've mentioned a few times on the forum (the one where you die immediately upon respawning). I've just now discovered the secret behind the bug, which is that it only occurs if you have "Select Respawn Position" enabled in the mission's Multiplayer attributes. The bug doesn't seem to occur if you leave "Select Respawn Position" disabled. The bug seems to be directly connected to the "Multiplayer Persistence System" in the "Save System" module. I have video proof of the bug located down below, that shows literally everything, including my enabled mods and what not (which are only "CBA_A3" and "Ravage" in the video I linked, so the bug is 100% due to Ravage and not one of my mods). Take a look and let me know if you would be able to fix it. Thanks, my man.

Video: Ravage Respawn Selection Bug

There's two parts to the video; the first part is me showing a Ravage mission with "Select Respawn Position" enabled, from the beginning of the video to about 8 minutes in. The second part is me showing a Ravage mission with "Select Respawn Position" disabled, which starts at about 8 minutes in and lasts through to the end of the video. You can actually see my game freeze when I click respawn around 5 minutes in the video, it's almost like the game is struggling to even function at that point.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/24/2019 at 9:33 AM, ArteyFlow said:

Civilian Loot spawn chances: 50,40,35,25,20

Military Loot spawn chances: 20,50,45,35,30

Industrial Loot spawn chances: 10,30,25,20,15

I've been tweaking the spawn chances so damn hard to find the perfect balance, and so far, this feels best to me. Survival items aren't too scarce, and I can decently find weapons and ammo. It's just the damn binos man, I'm telling you. They're reproducing, and we need to put an end to them before they overpopulate the goddamn planet.

I tried @ArteyFlow's values and I found a weapon at a military base within 10 minutes, while [50,50,50,50,50] was producing no weapons for me in hours of play. Can anyone explain what is happening "under the hood" here? I assumed the numbers were just a percentage chance of finding that type of loot, but I guess not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

I tried @ArteyFlow's values and I found a weapon at a military base within 10 minutes, while [50,50,50,50,50] was producing no weapons for me in hours of play. Can anyone explain what is happening "under the hood" here? I assumed the numbers were just a percentage chance of finding that type of loot, but I guess not?

I can confirm this issue. A few days ago I did a little test: I put myself down right in the middle of Kavala, with just the Ravage Loot and Equipment modules. I tried a variety of Loot chance combinations, for one in particular, I put down 50 and 50 for both weapons and magazines, but 0 for everything else. I ended up finding like a million guns, but not a single magazine. Very strange indeed.

• Thanks 2

On 4/21/2019 at 5:01 AM, EO said:

Ambient Zombie Module for zed event handlers. (no ambient zeds are spawned, only hand placed zeds are present)

Hey EO, By hand placed you mean the Horde Module?

@LSValmont I use the individual zed units that are are available in the Editor. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, EO said:

@LSValmont I use the individual zed units that are are available in the Editor. 

I didn't know that! Thanks EO!

12 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

True, I guess he could pretend that all the Bandits and Renegades got to the backpacks before he could, that's why there's no bags for him to find LUL

They do indeed have backpacks, most of the time Alice packs and Carryalls..... oh yeah, and AI population is set to 0.3 xD So yeah, I do carry all my gear in my hands 😄

• Haha 1

@ArteyFlow & @dreadpirate : Thanks guys, your comments helped me figuring out the issue here. Indeed, there's a problem occuring when using identical values inside an array, and it prevents the system from choosing the correct loot categories and types.

It's already fixed on my build; here's what the next update looks like so far :

Tweaked :
Current target variable for zombies is now partially global.
Overhauled zombies audio detection.

Fixed :
Vehicle Actions were missing a distance parameter.
Zeds would sometimes run to default map center position after taking a hit.
Corrections and improvements to the furniture spawn system.
Loot spawn chances were not processed correctly.

New :
Added plenty of new vests by EO.
Updated vanilla gear lists.

Added an "audio detection coef" to the zombies module.

With all the new (awesome) assets provided by EO, I'm tweaking the default gear lists to remove some of the vanilla items (such as casual civil clothes); survivors will look a lot better. 😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, haleks said:

Updated vanilla gear lists.

Will you look on supported mods weapons list? RHS released some good WW2 weapons, it would be fine to have them in default RHS list. I know I can make custom weapons list, but it causes problems with traders (they are not equiped from custom weapon list - not a big problem), but loot system spawns vanila weapons if custom weapon list is used and everything else is set to disabled.

And how I can add GL ammo to AIs and loot list. I remember that rifles with GL used to be in ravage loot list, but they were useless because you couldn't find any GL ammo.

Hiho all,

The current version of the Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod was way to heavy on FPS when combined with Ravage.

I am currently updating the spawn system to counter that with below first results.

In the example I have a standard Ravage setup up and running.

The sites spawn positions are now initially just marked (only visible in debug mode ofc) and all objects and units belonging to such site will only be spawned in once a player gets close.

And of course get despawned if no player is anywhere in proximity and has moved to the other side of the map. As per below showcase.

I am exited that the FPS gain (or non-loss) was quite noticeable!

PS: you might also notice the vDog feral dogs from @LSValmont spawned in - now MP compatible;)

Cheers

Vd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Vandeanson said:

Hiho all,

The current version of the Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod was way to heavy on FPS when combined with Ravage.

I am currently updating the spawn system to counter that with below first results.

In the example I have a standard Ravage setup up and running.

The sites spawn positions are now initially just marked (only visible in debug mode ofc) and all objects and units belonging to such site will only be spawned in once a player gets close.

And of course get despawned if no player is anywhere in proximity and has moved to the other side of the map. As per below showcase.

I am exited that the FPS gain (or non-loss) was quite noticeable!

PS: you might also notice the vDog feral dogs from @LSValmont spawned in - now MP compatible;)

Cheers

Vd

It's looking amazing as always, Vandeanson 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Will you look on supported mods weapons list? RHS released some good WW2 weapons, it would be fine to have them in default RHS list. I know I can make custom weapons list, but it causes problems with traders (they are not equiped from custom weapon list - not a big problem), but loot system spawns vanila weapons if custom weapon list is used and everything else is set to disabled.

And how I can add GL ammo to AIs and loot list. I remember that rifles with GL used to be in ravage loot list, but they were useless because you couldn't find any GL ammo.

If you can post the classnames of the missing weapons, I'll be happy to add them.

By the way, I've modified how the custom weapons lists are handled since that part was a bit confusing. As of next update, weapons defined in those arrays will override any other settings.

Invalid classnames will be logged in the RPT file, but won't trigger any notification ingame : that allows mission makers to use optional mods without creating dependencies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Been playtesting stuff with ravage and i really like the new feature where dead AI get up as Z. It adds a immersive a d cool new type of danger. Thumbs up! 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, haleks said:

If you can post the classnames of the missing weapons, I'll be happy to add them.

By the way, I've modified how the custom weapons lists are handled since that part was a bit confusing. As of next update, weapons defined in those arrays will override any other settings.

Invalid classnames will be logged in the RPT file, but won't trigger any notification ingame : that allows mission makers to use optional mods without creating dependencies.

Spoiler

"rhs_weap_m1garand_sa43"
"rhs_weap_m3a1"
"rhs_weap_m3a1_specops"		M3A1 with suppressor, with rail (no iron sights)
"rhs_weap_m79"
"rhs_weap_mg42"
"rhs_weap_MP44"
"rhs_weap_savz61"

"rhs_weap_panzerfaust60"

"rhs_weap_pb_6p9"	MakarovSD

I think they will add some new weapons that will match ravage, but how knows.. they are a little bit "classified" about their work (I get it because they are getting tons of annoying requests "will you make this and that")

If you want, they have some weapon classnames that contain attachements so you can put them in "Rare weapons list" and you don't have to use your script to equip some weapon with  colimators and suppressors.

There are some:

Spoiler

"rhs_weap_svdp_pso1"
"rhs_weap_svds_pso1"

"rhs_weap_m76_pso"				//PSO-1M2

"rhs_weap_45th_vss"				//PSO-1M2-1
"rhs_weap_45th_asval"			//1P63
"rhs_asval_pso1"				//PSO-1M2-1
"rhs_weap_vmf_asval"			//1P63, grip, PERST 1IK (RIS)

"rhs_weap_aks74un_sup"			//PBS-4

"rhs_weap_45th_ak74m"			//DTK-1
"rhs_weap_45th_ak74m_camo"		//DTK-1, NPZ, 2DP
"rhs_weap_45th_ak74m_gp25"		//DTK-1, 1P63
"rhs_weap_45th_ak74m_pkas"		//DTK-1, PKAS
"rhs_weap_45th_ak74_ekp1"		//DTK-1, EKPS-1S-03
"rhs_weap_45th_ak74m_sup"		//DTK-1, EKPS-1S-03, DTK-4 sup
"rhs_weap_ak74m_1p63"
"rhs_weap_ak74m_pkas"
"rhs_weap_ak74m_gp25_1p63"

"rhs_weap_45th_akms"			//PBS-1
"rhs_weap_45th_akm"				//PBS-1

"rhs_weap_m39"					//Mk. 4 ER/T 3.5-10x M3, HARRIS BIPOD
"rhs_m4a1_acog2"				//M150 RCO (ARD)
"rhs_m4_compm4"					//M68 CCO
"rhs_weap_hk416d10_compm4"		//M68 CCO

• Like 2

On 4/21/2019 at 11:01 AM, EO said:

It's inherent, given the sandbox nature of Arma, the desire to create a grand plan when we open the Editor, however given how complex the game is in general it's no real surprise when performance issues crop up. 

From my (limited) experience as a mission maker Ravage, when used prudently, is still a very performance friendly mod.

Overlaying the Ravage framework with scripts and mods, whether they are optimized or not, will always come at a cost, even more so when transferred into a MP environment.

Regarding the micro-stutter that's been mentioned in recent posts, while play testing my (SP) Sirens mission this week I see no evidence of micro stutters, that being said my mission file is very lean, the ingame action is generated through triggers and engine based scripting commands, and a minimum modset. Ravage/CBA/Derelict/SullenSkies.

Loot Module for trash loot.

Ambient Zombie Module for zed event handlers. (no ambient zeds are spawned, only hand placed zeds are present)

Safe System Module for SP saves.

Settings Module for 1:1 time acceleration.

Survival System for increased hunger/thirst. 

I may be a bit late to give my input to the topic of micro-stutters/performance drops, but it took me some sweet time to test with various mission setups.  EO has it summed up pretty well allready, but I want to share the result of my (still ongoing) hunt for performance killers. 

In most of the things listed like

• using RHS+CUP
  • using  AI mods
  • using Blastcore Edited
  • all of the above PLUS soundmods+Bloodlust effect mod
  • and on top of that scripts affecting all units placed & spawned of one or even two sides

I have to plead "Guilty As Charged" facing the charges of

"Planning, preparing necessary means and actively putting them into use to the sole purpose of 'Creating a Grand Plan' "

and

"Willingly accepting the dire consequences of

• Deteriorating Game Performance
  • Reduction Of Social Life
  • Severe Sleep Deprivation Over More Than One 24 Hours Circle In Sequence"

In a mission on Napf Island with all of the above mentioned mods "and then some more" /total count OVER 50!!! active, I noted that when leaving everything else untouched and just adding or removing an Ambient Zeds module with the settings

• 50 zeds per player
  • 250 total population limit
  • min.100 & max.500 spawn distance
  • dead men rising as zeds only if killed by zeds

this alone made the difference between

a)  mission stuttering, going down from 25-35-ish FPS in towns to single digits and staying there after about 1 hour of playing

and

b) mission staying within the same 25-35 FPS range in towns over several hours of continuous playing.

I wholeheartedly agree with EO and others in the sense that you have only so big a sum total of sytem resources that ARMA can use within the limits of it's game architecture and that the combination of an insane amount of mods and spawning systems like RAVAGE cannot be expected to deliver stellar performance.

It's all about making choices:

If I reduce mod count, I can spawn more opponents and/or run heavier scripts.

If I want an extremely comprehensive modset with a lot of high poly models and HIFI Sounds down to the last "Cricket (distressed after exposure to a lethal dose of Roundup)" and "Footstep (sandalled) into human turd (fresh, from omnivorius person preferring meat and dairy products)" immersion enhancers, I have to reduce the spawns. 

Note: I can do all that at my liking if I want to play the "Grand Plan" only for myself, but I should at least try to reduce mod count for missions releasewd to the general public - in that area I still have to learn modesty, I admit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tourist said:

"Footstep (sandalled) into human turd (fresh, from omnivorius person preferring meat and dairy products)"

:rofl:

On 4/24/2019 at 5:34 PM, ArteyFlow said:

@haleks I have an update for you regarding the Respawn bug I've mentioned a few times on the forum (the one where you die immediately upon respawning). I've just now discovered the secret behind the bug, which is that it only occurs if you have "Select Respawn Position" enabled in the mission's Multiplayer attributes. The bug doesn't seem to occur if you leave "Select Respawn Position" disabled. The bug seems to be directly connected to the "Multiplayer Persistence System" in the "Save System" module. I have video proof of the bug located down below, that shows literally everything, including my enabled mods and what not (which are only "CBA_A3" and "Ravage" in the video I linked, so the bug is 100% due to Ravage and not one of my mods).

I've had the same comment a few times on my MP missions. However, when it comes to released content, I've never once enabled "Select Respawn Position" as a setting, because I generally think selecting spawn points is lame in apocalyptic sandbox scenarios. (the whole point of the environment is the grind of getting geared and staying alive through the process). I have no idea what causes the problem you are referring to. Something is definitely happening with player characters when they die, though and it's clearly something that is having an effect on respawns. It is sporadic.

For the longest time I thought the issue was directly related to respawn positions and objects spawning in the same place, causing immediate death on the character. I proved that wrong though, by putting in parachute spawns (Exile style). It basically fixed the problem, but I did still see it occur one time, while testing the WarZones mod. Something is happening with player deaths in the code. I'm not sure what is happening or why.

The issue you are referring to has occurred multiple times in Arma. Usually... the issue is related to someone not using the right version of Arma or an outdated version of a mod on a mission file that has not been updated.

Here is an example from a vanilla Wasteland server without mods.
https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/6xbse4/multiplayer_spawning_at_000_stuck_in_map_without/

Exile
https://www.exilemod.com/topic/19421-respawn-bug/
http://moosemilker.com/forums/topic/arma-3-exile-automatic-death-bug/

Epoch
https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/6498-dead-re-spawn-on-their-body/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

[...] Something is happening with player deaths in the code. I'm not sure what is happening or why. [...]

In my experience the biggest lags (that‘s an euphemism for A3 coming to a grinding halt) happened after respawn...but this problem seems to be solved since I don‘t use the MP save or GRAD anymore.

When I had the problems, they had no effect on my co-player (and vice versa) or the dedicated server. How server side saving could lead to such big client side problems escapes me.

Just got done with SIRENS, scared the absolute crap out of me once the fog just appeared like that, and those Boss zeds. :scared::rofl: Amazing work EO! I'm now playing Myst, and I cannot even begin to explain the atmosphere. It's horrifying, immaculate, and adventurous all in one go. I see by how much ammo I was given on mission start I'm gonna be using my weapons for sure... And with the eeriness of the map I'm sticking low, and quiet. :shhh: (Not sure If I've ever been this much on edge playing a mission before) But I'm loving it so far!! :headphones2: :sol:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I've had the same comment a few times on my MP missions. However, when it comes to released content, I've never once enabled "Select Respawn Position" as a setting, because I generally think selecting spawn points is lame in apocalyptic sandbox scenarios. (the whole point of the environment is the grind of getting geared and staying alive through the process). I have no idea what causes the problem you are referring to. Something is definitely happening with player characters when they die, though and it's clearly something that is having an effect on respawns. It is sporadic.

For the longest time I thought the issue was directly related to respawn positions and objects spawning in the same place, causing immediate death on the character. I proved that wrong though, by putting in parachute spawns (Exile style). It basically fixed the problem, but I did still see it occur one time, while testing the WarZones mod. Something is happening with player deaths in the code. I'm not sure what is happening or why.

The issue you are referring to has occurred multiple times in Arma. Usually... the issue is related to someone not using the right version of Arma or an outdated version of a mod on a mission file that has not been updated.

Here is an example from a vanilla Wasteland server without mods.
https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/6xbse4/multiplayer_spawning_at_000_stuck_in_map_without/

Exile
https://www.exilemod.com/topic/19421-respawn-bug/
http://moosemilker.com/forums/topic/arma-3-exile-automatic-death-bug/

Epoch
https://epochmod.com/forum/topic/6498-dead-re-spawn-on-their-body/

Well, the reason I have the option enabled is so that I can spawn together with my friends. That's the only reason I actually have the option enabled. I actually have two versions of Ravage missions, one that utilizes Respawn Selection and one that doesn't (for when I want the true Ravage experience, of course). I'm almost 100% sure that the Multiplayer Persistence system is to blame for the bug, though, since the bug doesn't occur if I disable it.