2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Did you put a magazine classname inside one of the arrays? I believe the equipment module only asks for weapon types and not magazines, though I’m unsure... Could be wrong, just my guess? 

Nope, I even double-checked all my classnames. I only added weapons and no magazines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

When I first heard about a new DLC, I shook my head no. I skipped both Jets and Tanks. This new DLC is actually offering something I'm interested in. Another big positive... everything was made by the community. BI purchased the creations and will be sharing profits with the people who made it all. This is going to add a ton of assets to Arma. Weapons like PKM. Even a motorcycle!

Yeah, it's quite amazing to see how much more ambitious the scope is with GM, even compared to Apex... It's gonna be a great change of scenery.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haleks said:

it's quite amazing to see how much more ambitious the scope is with GM, even compared to Apex... It's gonna be a great change of scenery.

42 vehicles and 21 new weapons, plus a new map, new gear, helmets, uniforms and most importantly... terrains objects. New houses and buildings, roads, bushes, trees, grass. It's going to do a lot for the community going forward. Arma is finally making their content on par with the modding community. With that many new weapons and the stuff that comes with marksmen and apex... you really do not need to run that many weapons mods anymore in my opinion. A 419 square kilometer map makes for a lot of different experiences. The terrain photos I've seen reminds me of Bornholm to compare. Similar looking environment. Some snow areas as well. I can't wait to see what they have done.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

A 419 square kilometer map

If that is correct it’s nearly double the size of Chernarus... (Chernarus being 225 square kilometers)

Damn. :shocked:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

new gear, helmets, uniforms

Are you ready to ravage that stuff EO:)?? 

Didnt know about this, thanks for sharing, im full speed on the hype train now:) 

Love the fact about the enterable buildings! Thats such a shame on tanoa.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

Are you ready to ravage that stuff EO:)?? 

From the pics most of the stuff looks suitably grimy already, but yeah if its allowed I'd love to give them a little R@F.

From what i'm hearing tho' the data files will be in EBO format....at least initially. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I've just updated my MULTIPLAYER compatible lightweight Dog Scripts with working territorial FERAL DOGS and due to popular request now fully compatible with ACE 3!

Anyways, more details below:

23 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

vDog Patrol and vDog Feral Scripts version 1.3 "FERAL DOGS" RELEASED!

Release highlights/Changelog:

- Now includes a brand new script that adds Multiplayer Compatible FERAL DOGS! to your missions by using just a trigger! (MORE DETAILS BELOW).

These wild dogs roam their territory (trigger Area) in packs and viciously attack anyone who invades their space but will not pursue targets outside of this area.

- Both the vDog Patrol and vDog Feral have a new damage model. Now the damage adds up the more the dogs bite a particular target. (Previously the damage was flat meaning that the dogs could never kill their target).

- Added ACE 3 support! (The script will now defect if you are using ACE 3 and apply the correct damage commands that works with ACE MEDICAL).

- Final tweaks to sounds volume/distance ratios. (Now dogs can be heard over longer distances).

Demo Mission DOWNLOAD LINK: - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T75uuzKGmTn29dWxYvtIEaNPxItY6Rb2

vDog Feral Details:

Hide contents

vDogFeral.sqf details and differences with the vDogPatrol.sqf:

- Feral dogs do not require a unit to work like the patrol Dogs, just a trigger created via Editor or via Script.

- The Area of the trigger will be the Feral Dogs's Territory.
- You can set the trigger activation to any condition. Set condition to True to spawn the feral dogs on mission start.
- The dogs initially bark and point (reveal) their closest target. If the target unit gets closer the Dogs will then start running towards their prey and then sprint. A vicious attack on the victim follows.

- Unlike the patrol Dogs (that are trained to disarm and attack the legs of their targets) these FERAL Dogs do full damage to their victims and will kill anyone with 6 to 8 bites.

vDogFeral.sqf Usage:

In the Eden Editor, on a trigger's on ACTIVATION field add: 
null = [thisTrigger,3] execVM "scripts\vDogFeral.sqf";
So in this example:
3 is the number of Feral Dogs to be added inside the trigger area.

• Like 7

@LSValmont

Very nice! Would you mind if I take that over into the va mod? I currently use a sp only version, and get requests for MP compatibility quite often:). 

Hence replacing the scripts would scratch one item from the to do list. 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

@LSValmont

Very nice! Would you mind if I take that over into the va mod? I currently use a sp only version, and get requests for MP compatibility quite often:). 

Hence replacing the scripts would scratch one item from the to do list. 

Cheers

Vd

Dear Vandeanson, anyone who has contributed so much to the Ravage community such as yourself can be considered OWNERS of my scripts... I would be honored to contribute even if it is with this little script to your amazing work.

Another benefit is that you will be scratching one item from you list while reducing the file size, increasing performance and simplifying installation while also adding the MP compatibility.

If you have any particular need for the script I would be happy to adapt it for your particular needs.

• Like 4

Okay folks, go easy on me....

:rthumb: 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, EO said:

Okay folks, go easy on me...

Having had a tryout of an early version and now the finished one, I can say that this is one of the most interesting missions yet. If you like task-based missions with a distinctive atmosphere, this is for you. Very nice. Me likee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use Steam Workshops for mods. Now what if Ravage mod gets updated: When I have an Eden mission saved, will I have to delete the Ravage modules in Eden and re-drag them in? (+configure)

I'm unclear about if modules refresh with new Ravage versions.

Thx!

Just now, tortuosit said:

Haleks or someone else: Since PlayWithSix is off I use Steam Workshops for mods.

Now what if Ravage mod gets updated: When I have an Eden mission saved, will I have to delete the Ravage modules in Eden and re-drag them in? (+configure)

I'm unclear about if modules refresh with new Ravage versions.

Thx!

You don't need to replace the Ravage modules after an update : simply opening the mission, saving & exporting is enough to update the mission.sqm file - and that's only if you don't want to use default values.

While mission.sqm needs to be manually updated, the module functions are designed to use configured default values in case none are defined by the user. In fact most of the Ravage showcases have an old mission.sqm file where the newest options aren't even registered.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EO said:

Okay folks, go easy on me....

Definitely gonna try it out! I still have yet to try out the Myst Mission Haleks released, was too busy making small fixes and edits towards my own scenario, but I will definitely give them both a go!! :thumb: 

• Like 1

Ravage seems to have an abundance of binoculars nowadays, look at how many I found in this one room: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1721682556. It's basically a binocular orgy at this point 😂. Funny thing is, I actually found 2 more pairs of binos in that same room after I took that pic.

2 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

Ravage seems to have an abundance of binoculars nowadays

What are your loot settings? (Values for each defined loot type) 

• Like 1

For those that use the default loot system: What values do you use?

I like a bit more loot than the default, so I set [50,50,50,50,50] across all categories.

(I'm just using A3 and Ravage. Around 10 hours of play)

I get a decent supply of survival items doing this.

I have *never* found a weapon. I have *never* found a backpack. I have *never* found a vest. 

I have found 2 uniforms and an assortment of ammo (mostly APERS mines and tripwire mines).

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this what you would expect?

I get way more loot from bandits than I do from buildings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

What are your loot settings? (Values for each defined loot type) 

Civilian Loot spawn chances: 50,40,35,25,20

Military Loot spawn chances: 20,50,45,35,30

Industrial Loot spawn chances: 10,30,25,20,15

I've been tweaking the spawn chances so damn hard to find the perfect balance, and so far, this feels best to me. Survival items aren't too scarce, and I can decently find weapons and ammo. It's just the damn binos man, I'm telling you. They're reproducing, and we need to put an end to them before they overpopulate the goddamn planet.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

For those that use the default loot system: What values do you use?

I like a bit more loot than the default, so I set [50,50,50,50,50] across all categories.

(I'm just using A3 and Ravage. Around 10 hours of play)

I get a decent supply of survival items doing this.

I have *never* found a weapon. I have *never* found a backpack. I have *never* found a vest. 

I have found 2 uniforms and an assortment of ammo (mostly APERS mines and tripwire mines).

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this what you would expect?

I get way more loot from bandits than I do from buildings.

I've had the same problem, my advice would be to not have any two things be the same chance: for some reason it just unbalances the loot spawns (or so I've seen). Look at my post above if you want my loot spawn chances as an example. You could try using those chances and then tweak it from there until you find the perfect balance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gill93 said:

if you would like to grab a copy

Thanks Man! Will definitely come in handy :thanx:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Civilian Loot spawn chances: 50,40,35,25,20

Military Loot spawn chances: 20,50,45,35,30

Industrial Loot spawn chances: 10,30,25,20,15

I've been tweaking the spawn chances so damn hard to find the perfect balance, and so far, this feels best to me. Survival items aren't too scarce, and I can decently find weapons and ammo. It's just the damn binos man, I'm telling you. They're reproducing, and we need to put an end to them before they overpopulate the goddamn planet.

My spawns:
Civ
[30,5,15,8,0]
Mili
[25,10,40,0,0]
Inds
[20,5,15,8,0]

Desperate times upon me :tounge_o:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Dear Vandeanson, anyone who has contributed so much to the Ravage community such as yourself can be considered OWNERS of my scripts... I would be honored to contribute even if it is with this little script to your amazing work.

Another benefit is that you will be scratching one item from you list while reducing the file size, increasing performance and simplifying installation while also adding the MP compatibility.

If you have any particular need for the script I would be happy to adapt it for your particular needs.

Too kind, thanks a lot;) i like that it is a shortened version indeed. Will let you know once implemented:slayer:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Too kind, thanks a lot;) i like that it is a shortened version indeed. Will let you know once implemented:slayer:

I've just released a Hotfix:

23 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

1.3B (HotFix) RELEASED:

- Updated the Dogs attack distance so they don't reach enemies who are high above the ground.

- Updated and Improved the Demo Mission with both Patrol Dogs and Feral Dogs present and examples with Patrol Dogs on Player, on Ai enemy and Feral Dogs Guarding a tower as their territory by using a trigger.

- Updated Readme Files to show the latest changes.

1.3B DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AJ0NYIAVklLT1jBwq4x4d47EoKiiFaUs

Let me know when it is implemented so I can try it! 😉

• Like 3