10 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

The Equipment Pool module is confusing the hell out of me. I added my own custom weapon lists to the "Common", "Military" and "Rare" weapon categories, but weapons that aren't in my weapon lists are still spawning (for example, one of the CUP Makarov pistols are still spawning, even though I didn't add the classname of the gun to my weapon list). I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong at this point.

I guess the items from the equip module are additionally to A3 stuff and gear from compatible mods (CUP, Massi etc.). Stuff from other mods does not seem to be included.

Wishlist #2: I‘d like to have two additional fields in the equip module. One for adding gear (not firearms) to the loot list and one to exclude (i.e. remove) stuff from the loot list, like A3 weaponry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

Wishlist #2: I‘d like to have two additional fields in the equip module. One for adding gear (not firearms) to the loot list and one to exclude (i.e. remove) stuff from the loot list, like A3 weaponry.

+1

7 hours ago, whiteface73 said:

I guess the items from the equip module are additionally to A3 stuff and gear from compatible mods (CUP, Massi etc.). Stuff from other mods does not seem to be included.

Yeah, that would be amazing actually.

I've been thinking a good long while about changes for the gearpool module, but the main problem is that we are dealing with potentially very large data arrays and the module interface is shit for that stuff - pardon my french.

There is one route I haven't explored yet : it might be possible to add a "cargo" space to the module. Mission makers could edit the content of that cargo just like for any crate or vehicle; it should be easy then to automatically sort what's in there at mission start (although it implies refactoring the code behind)...

I guess I found something to toy with this week-end.

• Like 7

I think i can do that, if someone knows the weapon arrays variable for ravage. 

I got some code for adding to, excluding from and replacing arrays of gear. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

I think i can do that, if someone knows the weapon arrays variable for ravage. 

I got some code for adding to, excluding from and replacing arrays of gear. 

Actually I thought that‘s how the custom weapon / custom vehicle list work...

11 hours ago, haleks said:

I' pardon my french.

So funny it's worth highlighting.

• Haha 2

@Haleks and anyone who streams or creates content. Just an FYI. My Ravage youtube videos are getting flagged for copyright issues for the following song:

Dark Hollow - Tamara Shestopalova

Any time that background song plays while I'm playing Ravage, YouTube is flagging my account and changing the videos... adding "ads" to them and monetizing the videos for the copyright claim owner (In this case, Dark Hollow). I decided a long time ago that I was no longer going to monetize any of my youtube videos. I guess YouTube does this automatically now if a claim is filed.

On 4/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, ArteyFlow said:

The Equipment Pool module is confusing the hell out of me. I added my own custom weapon lists to the "Common", "Military" and "Rare" weapon categories, but weapons that aren't in my weapon lists are still spawning (for example, one of the CUP Makarov pistols are still spawning, even though I didn't add the classname of the gun to my weapon list). I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong at this point.

It's my understanding that if you are using the custom weapon list, it will replace any other settings for loot tables in the module. However... if you enabled "CUP" as an option, that might be the reason. It's probably causing a conflict and items from CUP and slipping through.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

It's my understanding that if you are using the custom weapon list, it will replace any other settings for loot tables in the module. However... if you enabled "CUP" as an option, that might be the reason. It's probably causing a conflict and items from CUP and slipping through.

Oh, that makes sense then. I have Cup and Rhs set to "Yes" atm. I'm guessing I should set them to "Equipment Only" then, right? If i set them to equipment only, rhs and cup vehicles will still spawn, right?

A quick dev update :

The audio detection overhaul for zombies is pretty much ready for release. \o/

Around 80 lines of code compared to the previous 20 : it was more than time, as I realized how flawed it was while working on it...

To sum up the changes :

- Gunshot detection isn't limited to a 80 meters range anymore : with an audio detection coef set at 1 (that's the maximum for practical reasons), some weapons can be heard by zombies up to 3000 meters away.

- Zombies are correctly attracted by most thrown objects; throwing a grenade while concealed doesn't reveal the shooter to nearby infected.

- The system can handle remote charges and mines as well.

- Organic reaction to gunshots and explosions : previously zombies would pinpoint gunshots and immediatly enter "chase" mode. They now take more time to react to distant gunshots and will progressively wander towards them. They only start running if they are close enough to locate the origin of the gunshot/explosion.

Those changes will have drastic effects on gameplay; the default audio coef is set at 0.25 : most weapons will be twice or thrice as noisy compared to the current build. Given that zombies will take more time now to join the party, it should be balanced. Players should still have time to finish the average gunfight, but the consequences could be heavier as it also gives zeds more time to gather, build up numbers and potentially surround survivors while they're busy.

My only concern for now is that I have to find a reliable way to make the system work with editor-placed and scripted explosives... Anything fired/thrown/placed by a player or an AI will work, but in most missions stuff like minefields are spawned one way or another...

• Like 9

15 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Oh, that makes sense then. I have Cup and Rhs set to "Yes" atm. I'm guessing I should set them to "Equipment Only" then, right? If i set them to equipment only, rhs and cup vehicles will still spawn, right?

I'm not sure. I had no idea that vehicles were included in that module. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

If I want specific custom weapon loot lists, I turn everything to "No" and then proceed to list out what I want to use. That's how I do it. I'm not big on RHS or CUP though, so you might be talking to the wrong person.

• Like 1

First I want to say thanks for this great mod. I have a question. Have there been any recent changes in the loot script? Approximately already one, maybe two days I feel and see changes in the appearance of loot. Previously, when approaching the city, a frieze appeared - it worked the loot script. Now I am in the city and I constantly feel micro friezes and visually see how loot appears and then disappears in a few dozen meters. It's horrible. I apologize for the English - translation google tranlate

1 hour ago, Vald77r said:

First I want to say thanks for this great mod. I have a question. Have there been any recent changes in the loot script? Approximately already one, maybe two days I feel and see changes in the appearance of loot. Previously, when approaching the city, a frieze appeared - it worked the loot script. Now I am in the city and I constantly feel micro friezes and visually see how loot appears and then disappears in a few dozen meters. It's horrible. I apologize for the English - translation google tranlate

I have to say that I am also getting micro stutters with the latest Ravage version. (And I have a super PC). It happens mostly while going fast on vehicles. I had to disable the Ai Module to reduce the stutters but they still happen occasionally.

I am also getting this issue where after using the loot HoldAction an empty inventory screen pops up. (Before If it was empty Ravage would just show "its empty" and not opening the inventory screen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

It happens mostly while going fast on vehicles.

Micro friezes, even without a car in cities, are more noticeable than before.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:47 AM, Vald77r said:

Micro friezes, even without a car in cities, are more noticeable than before.

I would suggest posting your rpt which can be found here --->   C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Open it with notepad, select all, copy and paste it here --->  https://justpaste.it/

save and publish it, and then post the link here and get Halek's attention by using @ in front of halek's name in your post.

With an rpt it will give haleks a more specific idea of what is possibly going on, as rpt is like a feedback and guts of the game if you will,

im sure he already has a decent idea of what to look at, rpt will just open the problem a bit more.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I'm not sure. I had no idea that vehicles were included in that module. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

If I want specific custom weapon loot lists, I turn everything to "No" and then proceed to list out what I want to use. That's how I do it. I'm not big on RHS or CUP though, so you might be talking to the wrong person.

Oh, for some reason I was under the impression that they were global settings that affected everything, I'm most definitely wrong but that's just what I thought. Im gonna go ahead and set mine to "No" too, though.

2 hours ago, Vald77r said:

Vlad77r

Good reply, provides a ton of info!

If i may make another suggestion, ideally your report should be solely with Ravage itself, as you have alot of other mods running too.

So your freeze issue could be another mod interfering/conflicting with something at a certain time when ravage executes something in its scripts/code.

Basically what you need to do is eliminate one mod at a time, keep playing what you were playing just remove one mod you have running, and then if the

freezing persist then again eliminate another mod til your down to ravage itself, now when your down to just Ravage itself and still get the issue,

then post another rpt of the new test, and it will be more specific to ravage.

Or just remove all the other mods and run ravage and if you get the freezing then again post an rpt like you did. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vald77r said:

Unless your using the vests that were just recently added, there's no need to run Ravaged and Frithified Gear alongside Ravage as all the assets from R@F are part of the Ravage mod. 

2TiBX.jpg

I left the minimum required set of mods and try again. Thanks for the help.

5 hours ago, Vald77r said:

Hi!

I did make some changes; and after further testing on my end, it appears some of them weren't so judicious.

I'm working on fixing the performance drop, thanks for reporting mate!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LSValmont said:

I have to say that I am also getting micro stutters with the latest Ravage version. (And I have a super PC). It happens mostly while going fast on vehicles. I had to disable the Ai Module to reduce the stutters but they still happen occasionally.

I am also getting this issue where after using the loot HoldAction an empty inventory screen pops up. (Before If it was empty Ravage would just show "its empty" and not opening the inventory screen.

I also get the empty inventory bug sometimes too. It seems to not happen until I've searched a handful of loot objects, though. I also occasionally experience the bug where after you've held space to search an object, the inventory opens but then immediately closes...

• Like 1

Performance on my end is fairly stable... Only issue I have noticed is the reported one of the vehicle repair / scavenge from a couple 100 meters away, yet still no biggies. Not sure if any of you have played any of my missions but after dropping most the required mods and mainly using scripts to achieve the desired "atmosphere" I have noticed huge performance differences. Occasional micro stutters do happen but not enough to ruin game-play or "disturb" it. I'd suggest to others having this issue to seriously consider trimming mod counts and keeping to either supported mods, or looking into scripted features. 

Cheers!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1