19 hours ago, EO said:

the rummage sounds may get knocked out of sync

Yes, this is true. I've found it, it was 1.75 value, I lowered it. I have no problems with rummage sounds going on and on behind me, I might change them one day.

Thanks, EO!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Ravage Changelog

ADDED:

- Telekinesis vehicle repairing and scavenging. Use your zombie brain power to repair vehicles from up to 25 meters away!

😂

Something must have changed recently - I don't remember distance ever being a problem. Goes without saying : I'll fix this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still working on sounds detection by zombies : it's growing into a much more complex system than anticipated, but I'm quite excited with the results so far.

Gunshots handling is 75% done; the cool thing is that the system correctly identifies the muzzle accessory being used and, as a result, knows what sound is being played the moment someone is shooting. Then it's only a matter of extracting the configured audio range for that type of sound and alerting nearby zombies. Obviously that means reduced audio range for suppressed weapons, but it also means unsuppressed muzzles are correctly processed : for instance AK accessories from RHS aren't all silencers, and if they affect the weapon audio in any way, the correct range will be used.

In Arma3 all muzzle accessories are silencers, but that's not the case for all mods; the next ravage build should be the end of all weapon audio issues like silencers not being detected : in fact, there's no "silenced/suppressed" notion anymore from a code point of view, that was too binary and it was time to have something more organic. Those changes could potentially have a big impact on gameplay and difficulty, the default values in the module will be as close as possible to a familiar level, but quiet weapons are going to become much much more valuable in any case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This sounds very exciting indeed ^^ :eyeheart:

I wonder how this will work with my most favourite A3 weapon, the ASP-1 Kir, will the new system be able to identify it's built in suppressor?  

I know it's not audio related but this makes me curious about muzzle flash as attaching a suppressor reduces it's effect, do zeds detect muzzle flash at the moment? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EO said:

I wonder how this will work with my most favourite A3 weapon, the ASP-1 Kir, will the new system be able to identify it's built in suppressor?  

I know it's not audio related but this makes me curious about muzzle flash as attaching a suppressor reduces it's effect, do zeds detect muzzle flash at the moment? 

yes that is a good question as both the ASP-1Kir and VSS have built in suppression

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EO said:

Yep, the system does react correctly for built-in suppressors (actually, the ASP-1 is bit a OP with low audio detection coefs). As long as audio sound sets are correctly configured for the weapon being used, the script will work as intended : I'm trying to get rid of "hand-made" workarounds and to stick to "in-engine" solutions with the current updates. In other words, if a third-party addon follows the official configuration guidelines, it is guaranteed to work along with Ravage.

That's a good point about muzzle flashes; at the moment there's nothing in the code for that, but if there's any kind of clue in the configs as to how visible muzzle flashes are, I reckon I could work out something... I'll investigate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The things you do to keep Ravage fresh.

• Like 1

Hi guys

I need help with setting up dedicated server.

I finally managed to run the server, but when I want to connect my monitor start flashing and I can find this

mpmissions\__cur_mp.newhaven\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class Ravage_ai no longer exists

in server "manager"

6 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi guys

I need help with setting up dedicated server.

I finally managed to run the server, but when I want to connect my monitor start flashing and I can find this

mpmissions\__cur_mp.newhaven\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class Ravage_ai no longer exists

in server "manager"

I won't be of much help as I'm not very familiar with MP, but "ravage_ai" is the classname of the ambiant ai module : sounds like ravage isn't properly installed on the server?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, haleks said:

I won't be of much help as I'm not very familiar with MP, but "ravage_ai" is the classname of the ambiant ai module : sounds like ravage isn't properly installed on the server?

yep I made some typo

Hiho guys,

played some ravage including the WIP basebuilding scripts=) was fun!

(all placed via script, no zeusing)

Before...

Spoiler

B6DC07AA69E8962C3B98B72E876988045B9B660B

after..

Spoiler

56203FEE7B6999BC51D0C74ADCA8323093E55497

ED432AB901F8757F15229CF1DB3C901944734BDD

aaand picdump:

Spoiler

98D9A1688E7E4B08F3716EE4E77A740EE3CCD918

27FCB4FB9E4F9FEFE5A1F83E9006C8798A52C70D

Spoiler

38D8AFFA797B1AB8591FED9AA3059385C7B0D446

2353AA58D647C804BF6654CDA832DB1DC89049F8

81298127C9ECD7EEA5E1B0A055879BBB3C4B6EBC

14C5CCC28EF0374C2422BEFE44C591C66D2C28F0

CD5D18F52986C3C0E5474AF0F5A5E0500A380A5D

4709D23EFD35A6685AB96CBB6817CDC8E83D6227

this is how you store your ressources: build a shed and store your wooden boards, sand, raw wood, cinderblocks,...

once placed these objects get an add-action to take e.g. 50 wooden boards. this way stuff is saved from server restarts.

the welding machine, the worktable, the workbench, the windmill and the portable generator all serve a purpose too.

Spoiler

DB21A2A8A97E045269182AF8642BD576D035C079

all saved properly except objects that are not classified as "thing", e.g. generator, benches and so, gotta figure our away to save that too.

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

all saved properly except objects that are not classified as "thing", e.g. generator, benches and so, gotta figure our away to save that too.

cheers

vd

Great to hear about your progress Vandeanson! You are doing something unique here!

By the way, are you still using GRAD for server storage or you came up with another solution?

7 hours ago, LSValmont said:

using GRAD

Thanks:) yes currently i use grad, we are waiting for an update there, that should allow me to save custom variables. 

I will also try whiteface73 s solution, the one posted here. Some work ahead in that respect:) 

• Thanks 1

Hmm, post from yesterday evening went missing. 

Yesterday I had the first Ravage game with my co-player since I built my savegame system. Everything appeared ok, each player‘s variables were saved on the server under his UID. Later I‘ll restart the server to see if the data is really persistent (testing for one player on dedicated did work, so I‘m expecting no problems). 

On a side note, we noticed that there seemed to be way less loot than before. I hadn‘t changed anything in the loot probabilities.

Wishlist: I‘d really like to see solitary zombies or bandits in (maybe every 30th house) buildings. A rare event, just enough to keep a player on his toes.

Thank you!

Oliver / Whiteface

• Like 3

14 hours ago, haleks said:

14 hours ago, haleks said:

but quiet weapons are going to become much much more valuable in any case.

You see Ivan, when shoot big peestol like me, you shall never be silent beceause of not putting the silencer on your big peestol :smileee:
tbAV9Zr.jpgI don't know why quote got so wonky, forums been quite crazy for me last few days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Man...

I'm working on thrown objects for the sounds detection overhaul, and sound configuration is quite the labyrinth... Big, big thanks to @R3vo for 3den Enhanced : navigating through these configs is so much easier with the config print tool! \o/

• Like 4

Mini dev update :

Chemlights, flares, smoke grenades and pretty much any thrown objects that make enough noise properly attract zombies without revealing the "shooter" :

9197960F3F17E9B39E982FC43209EDA1E0FCC779

I finally figured why that particular feature wasn't working in the current build, it will be fixed and improved with the audio detection overhaul - possibly with a visual factor for bright objects as EO suggested.

• Like 12

@haleks 

I also have a question. If I wanted to add this MP Hit Eventhandler to the zombies via the zombies module:

_zombie addMPEventHandler ["MPHit", 
{
	params ["_zombie"]; 
	_rand = random 100; 
	if (damage _zombie > 0 && (_rand > 60) && !(lifeState _zombie == "INCAPACITATED")) then 
	{
		[_zombie] spawn { 
		params ["_zombie"];       
		_zombie setUnconscious true;       
		sleep (5 + (random 10));       
		_zombie setUnconscious false;};       
	};       
}];

I tried using the Zombies Module's HIT EH field but it did not work.

Any idea how I could do that via module? (I don't want to run a script to constantly check if zombies have the EH).

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Mini dev update :

Chemlights, flares, smoke grenades and pretty much any thrown objects that make enough noise properly attract zombies without revealing the "shooter" :

9197960F3F17E9B39E982FC43209EDA1E0FCC779

I finally figured why that particular feature wasn't working in the current build, it will be fixed and improved with the audio detection overhaul - possibly with a visual factor for bright objects as EO suggested.

Thats a cool news, it will work with the alarm clock from the breaking point weapon mod ?

Edit : Just thinking about something and share an idea, it can be cool to add a random player noise that aggro the infected if he's sick like sneeze or fart... 🤧

2nd Edit (i just talking shit 😛) : Add a chance to be sick from a stomach flu if a player eat raw meat or rusty can (that make him fart) and can infect other near player.

3rd edit (even more talking shit) : Add a chance to player fart after eating a can of bean.

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2019 at 7:30 AM, whiteface73 said:

Wishlist: I‘d really like to see solitary zombies or bandits in (maybe every 30th house) buildings. A rare event, just enough to keep a player on his toes.

I have that feature in WIP for the vandeansons apocalypse mod, which can be used as a overlay for ravage. 

Because I agree that it would be a cool thing to have. This way you need to enter buildings more carefully! 

I have a similar feature in works as well, that will spawn "scavengers" that will go through and "search" nearby houses. 

After checking some houses, they run back to a nearby camp in the woods. 

Once there, items will be added to a lootbox there. They stay there for a while, and go back to looting then. 

With this i want to achieve two effects: 1: you can not just rush into buildings, because someone might be in there. 2: maybe, before running into a town, you take a minute to scout out a place from a hill. When you see AI, maybe instead of instantly sniping them, it is a worth following them, to detect their camp ang get AAALL THE LOOOTS. 

🙂

I can share the script too here, if ppl dont want to install the mod. 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

I can share the script too here, if ppl dont want to install the mod. 

Your Apocalypse mod has been on my watchlist for some time. Many features sound very interesting. Zombie virus ftw! 😄

I do like scripts, but will they work for MP on a dedi server?

13 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

watchlist

Better wait for update 1.2:) currently the mod has some MP/dedi issues and would also likely murder your fps when used together with ravage. But a fix is underway. 

15 minutes ago, whiteface73 said:

MP on a dedi server?

I am meanwhile up to speed on how to make scripts mp/dedi compatible, therefore yes:) 

• Like 1

The Equipment Pool module is confusing the hell out of me. I added my own custom weapon lists to the "Common", "Military" and "Rare" weapon categories, but weapons that aren't in my weapon lists are still spawning (for example, one of the CUP Makarov pistols are still spawning, even though I didn't add the classname of the gun to my weapon list). I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong at this point.

• Like 1