Hm, is anyone else had this weird issue before:

I'm using a custom empty vehicle list:

Spoiler

["rhs_zil131_msv","RHS_Ural_Open_Civ_01","RHS_Ural_Open_Civ_02","CUP_C_Datsun","CUP_C_Ikarus_Chernarus","CUP_C_Lada_White_CIV","CUP_C_Skoda_White_CIV","CUP_C_Octavia_CIV","CUP_C_SUV_TK","CUP_C_V3S_Open_TKC"]

And when I start the game, I get to the first empty vehicle, but then every other one is deleted, and as I move through the map, no new empty vehicles are spawned. Returning the empty vehicle list to its original state ie. no custom vehicles, seems to solve the problem. I am playing on Chernarus 2035.

Any ideas?

47 minutes ago, EO said:

Regarding newly added Survival Suits, are we to treat them as they are, a wetsuit minus the fins?

Would you consider adding them to the antirads_uniforms list, or maybe even raise the armour values a little more?....i'm willing to suspend my disbelief.

I made a wee private patch for one of the Survival Suits HitPoints, gives it a little more ballistic and explosive resistance...

Reveal hidden contents

Original:

QDBX1j4.jpg

Patched:

2IX7See.jpg

Sure, I actually forgot to add them to the antirad uniforms... ^^'

22 minutes ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

@haleks Thanks a lot for this new update !

However, since updating I keep seeing this kind of error alert, apparently each time a vehicle/wreck is spawned :

Pbz95MM.png

Is it just me ?

3 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Hm, is anyone else had this weird issue before:

I'm using a custom empty vehicle list:

Reveal hidden contents

["rhs_zil131_msv","RHS_Ural_Open_Civ_01","RHS_Ural_Open_Civ_02","CUP_C_Datsun","CUP_C_Ikarus_Chernarus","CUP_C_Lada_White_CIV","CUP_C_Skoda_White_CIV","CUP_C_Octavia_CIV","CUP_C_SUV_TK","CUP_C_V3S_Open_TKC"]

And when I start the game, I get to the first empty vehicle, but then every other one is deleted, and as I move through the map, no new empty vehicles are spawned. Returning the empty vehicle list to its original state ie. no custom vehicles, seems to solve the problem. I am playing on Chernarus 2035.

Any ideas?

Looks like some of the changes I made to the Wrecks module is causing troubles... I'll investigate and fix ASAP.

@TK-7919 Aster: do vehicles & wrecks spawn still when you have that error?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, haleks said:

Looks like some of the changes I made to the Wrecks module is causing troubles... I'll investigate and fix ASAP.

I had the same error, line 178, but it doesn't appear always, last run there were no mistakes and vehicles spawned normally (custom list too).

It's almost like a random error, sometimes it pops up, sometimes it doesn't.

I'll see how this instance goes as I'm running it as a normal gameplay.

23 minutes ago, haleks said:

yes, they both spawn normally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello I was wondering if its possible to disabled "fn_setAnimSpeed.sqf" and modify "fn_playerHunger.sqf" from the Ravage functions folder. I'm still rather novice so I'm unsure if its plausible or not.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:47 PM, damsous said:

Use the ravage player persistency

I would like to keep all the persistency underneath the Grad system to avoid conflicts and make things simpler. Food and Hunger are the only 2 things I am not quite sure how to set up.

1 hour ago, acoustic said:

I would like to keep all the persistency underneath the Grad system to avoid conflicts and make things simpler. Food and Hunger are the only 2 things I am not quite sure how to set up.

Im looking into that with McDiod and can tell you if we find a solution fyi

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Food, hunger and all survival data are variables attached to the player : it should be easy to gather those with allVariables and then redefine them when a player is loaded.

If you need more infos on Ravage systems, feel free to PM me guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Update/current state of the basebuilding mod, that will hopefully spice up your ravage mission soon:) 

Cheers

VD

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else had any problems pertaining to the damage inflicted by zombies? I'm asking because I've noticed a few things related to zombies and how fast they can kill you: you can have like 99 hp but you can still go down in like 10 zombie hits, it just seems inconsistent to me. Another thing I've noticed is that zombies can't kill you if you're incapacitated (I use Arma 3's default revive system whereas you can be incapacitated but not killed if you're not wounded by a lethal shot). I actually just recently had to completely disable runners since they kill you way too quickly, and when I had them enabled the only thing (if I didn't have a gun) I could do to defend myself from dying extremely quickly was to find a rock and climb on it until the zombies lost interest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

you can have like 99 hp but you can still go down in like 10 zombie hits, 

Yes, Haleks has gone over this before, I believe he referenced the Arma damage system, certain parts of the body can only take damage till “100” or whatever then you just die.

If you’re making your own missions within the Zombie modules you can change their damage outputs, I usually set mine to 15 or so, that way you can take a decent beating before you’re dead. 🙂

• Like 3

Player apparel will also influence the damage inflicted by Zeds, a decent hard hat and vest combo will always trump basic civilian clothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Yes, Haleks has gone over this before, I believe he referenced the Arma damage system, certain parts of the body can only take damage till “100” or whatever then you just die.

If you’re making your own missions within the Zombie modules you can change their damage outputs, I usually set mine to 15 or so, that way you can take a decent beating before you’re dead. 🙂

Hmm, well I have mine set to 15 as well, and I still go down way too fast. Also, do you know what the cause of the zombies being unable to kill me during incapacitation might be? It feels so strange seeing me be downed by a couple hits from a zombie, but then I can watch myself get mauled by the same zombie nonstop for minutes but never die lmao

3 minutes ago, EO said:

Player apparel will also influence the damage inflicted by Zeds, a decent hard hat and vest combo will always trump basic civilian clothing.

Yeah I've noticed that the vests definitely help a bit.

Heh-heh....wait till those pesky zeds get a load of the vests I'm working on at the moment. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EO said:

Heh-heh....wait till those pesky zeds get a load of the vests I'm working on at the moment. 

Honestly those look pretty sick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Sounds good 👍. That and the MP dog script and you will be a life saver 😘.

Loving the update as usual, Halek.

The new uniforms are brilliant as well , EO.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2019 at 7:43 AM, haleks said:

Hey Haleks, just wanted to drop a couple suggestions for potential optimizations.

I was checking out the scripts in the mod and I found several instances where BIS_fnc_selectRandom and BIS_fnc_MP were used.

As you probably already know both commands were replaced by the much faster selectRandom and remoteExec/remoteExecCall respectively.

Updating these commands shouldn't take to long. Search all .sqf files inside the mod folder, open them all with notePad++ and use the search in all opened documents notepad++ function to search for BIS_fnc_selectRandom and BIS_fnc_MP and replacing them. Shouldn't take long considering there aren't as many as you might think but would certainly speed things up quite a bit specially in MP. 

Also the script that adds BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd to objects so players can search things... it would be good to have a % box/option inside the module settings so that mission makers can select a % of objects with added HOLDACTIONS to... currently adding to so many objects can bring down fps in some systems so choosing only to add the holdAction to lets say 50% of candidate objects would be a neat optimization feature.

We could set a higher % of possibility of finding items on objects but on a lesser % of objects so players still find the same amount of items even if there is less objects with the holdAction.

PS: Another possibility is to have an option to only add the holdAction to an object if the script rolled that the object should have an item. If the script did not add an item to the object then no holdAction is added. (I know this kinda breaks the sense of searching every item but it could really improve performance as I found out in my testings. Whatever option you choose both will increase performance quite a bit (if mission makers do enable them that is).

Lastly, please don't forget about the option to disable the reduction of animation speed that happens with high encumbrance. The problem with the  setAnimSpeedCoef command is that it slows EVERY animation and not only the movement animations so it makes the already clumsy Arma 3 controls feel even more like we are driving a tank instead of a soldier on foot.

That would be all my suggestions for now, as you already know I am all bout optimizations and I am about to release a MAYOR campaign for Ravage on the following days.

Thanks for your continuous and marvelous work on Ravage btw.

• Like 4

So what word lies within the Gendarmerie Tactical Vest...

:rthumb:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, EO said:

what word

sneaky ravage cameo! looks nice! I usually exclude any gear from vanilla and just play with ravaged gear - it really adds a lot to the immersion and i am glad to see you keep working on new stuff=)

• Like 4

@haleks - there are no vehicles spawning in my scenario, no custom list. Just to let you know. 

What about an option where you can boil your canteen over the campfire to purify it? And maybe add an axe, in inventory, so you can gather logs for campfire. Just like with the documents and paper now. A bit more DayZ-ish, just my thoughts....

EDIT: Man, disregard what I said about vehicles, I just found a bus, but it took me a really long time. Looks like you tweaked the amounts of vehicles really good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

What about an option where you can boil your canteen over the campfire to purify it? And maybe add an axe, in inventory, so you can gather logs for campfire. Just like with the documents and paper now. 

I’ve been thinking of something like this, been studying over the Ravage code whenever I can, and If I can somehow help Haleks with this I’ll try, would be neat features but then again that’s a lot of code, and a ton of work for just those few features you’re seeking. Plus this is Ravage not DayZ. (I see where you’re mind is at though and I like it! 🙂) I can see how these would be really cool to be implemented... I think most of these things aren’t added for the sake of “copyright claims” Haleks can easily add in his own code but I’ve seen it quite a lot where people are like “This isn’t original.” “Why are you copying this other mod?!” Blah blah blah... If you base something “too similar” to something some people freak out, and it’s all semi “easy” to avoid if you try not to copy too much. I’m not bashing you’re comment either, don’t think I am, You have some great ideas, and do good mission work. I’m just trying to explain how/why (I think) most these little features aren’t added. And I think these are the reasons Haleks doesn’t have them in, or I could totally be wrong and it’s a feature he’s planning for a later release!? Who knows!? :scratchchin: :shrug:

• Like 1

Hiho, me again

I would like to share some ideas on the basebuilding mod, but also get your view (as survival scenario users/creators) :

#1 issue of AI walking through placed structures:

Will add or at least experiment with an anti AI safezone at your base. 

It could be a dynamic area that grows the more "wall" like structures are placed until a certain max radius. 

Or that the safezone has a low % chance to repell closing in AI that is increased up to 100% depending on how many wall/defensive structures are built.

Reppelling could be done via an actual small pushback loop (while within safezone radius) like:

_pos = _zombie modeltoworld [0,-1,0] ;

Or sending the AI away with BIS_fnc_scriptedMove; ( thanks @johnnyboy)

#2 base system:

In addition or in combination, placed structures could add up to a defensive value for your base (maybe a base must be declared by placing a flag, and doing so will allow you to place certain special structures like containers to store gear, utilities for crafting, respawn tents... while free building anywhere only allows limitted access to some structures) . 

While not at your base, bandit raids could be simulated, and based on your defensive value, each attack has a chance (chance lowered by defensive value) to remove vehicles or containers from your base and destroy some structures, further weakening your base. 

Imagine getting back to your base and seeing smoke pillars in the general direction of your camp from far, only to find your home going up in flames! 

The chance of an attack could be lowered by not placing your camp in plain open sight but in a deep forrest or by adding camo structures such as camo nettings. 

I welcome any idea that might help realizing the above;) 

Cheers

Vd

Edited by Vandeanson
Added drama
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Reppelling could be done via an actual small pushback loop (while within safezone radius) like:

Could a repel function also be done by adding damage to a certain zone as well? I know sometimes AI will actually flee from damaging areas back into “safe zones”.

With the use of ALias’s Farty Anomalie script the AI will flee if they aren’t geared up for the “toxic zones” so... (Possibly) what you could do, is add only a Selected few of AI that can “raid” if they are wearing certain gear. Would this be plausible? (Almost like an actual “Base-Raider” faction?)

Just some thoughts mate! Good work! 

5 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hiho, me again

I would like to share some ideas on the basebuilding mod, but also get your view (as survival scenario users/creators) :

#1 issue of AI walking through placed structures:

Will add or at least experiment with an anti AI safezone at your base. 

It could be a dynamic area that grows the more "wall" like structures are placed until a certain max radius. 

Or that the safezone has a low % chance to repell closing in AI that is increased up to 100% depending on how many wall/defensive structures are built.

_pos = _zombie modeltoworld [0,-1,0] ;

Or sending the AI away with BIS_fnc_scriptedMove; ( thanks @johnnyboy)

#2 base system:

In addition or in combination, placed structures could add up to a defensive value for your base (maybe a base must be declared by placing a flag, and doing so will allow you to place certain special structures like containers to store gear, utilities for crafting, respawn tents... while free building anywhere only allows limitted access to some structures) . 

While not at your base, bandit raids could be simulated, and based on your defensive value, each attack has a chance (chance lowered by defensive value) to remove vehicles or containers from your base and destroy some structures, further weakening your base. 

Imagine getting back to your base and seeing smoke pillars in the general direction of your camp from far, only to find your home going up in flames! 

The chance of an attack could be lowered by not placing your camp in plain open sight but in a deep forrest or by adding camo structures such as camo nettings. 

I welcome any idea that might help realizing the above;) 

Cheers

Vd

For the AI path the player must place many working gate all around the base and keep enough space between each structure, if not the IA will move trough the wall, but you can't really deal with that.

Yeah i think a flag system with few trigger can be a good idea for the defensive vallue, the most simple thing to do its to add an auto turret in the crafting list and add a chance of spawning a small group of AI if there many cargo crate or tent (detected with a trigger), after that the defensive vallue will be like ''auto'' no need to lost a huge amount of time with that.

For exemple if you spawn 5 raider for every 5 cargo crate the defensive vallue will be the ratio ''number of crate/number of auto turret'', so if you got 20 cargo crate and 1 turret the defensive vallue will be 5%, after that depend how the player manage the turret and where the AI come from, so if the turret is well placed and the player got a lot of chance the whole squad of AI will be wiped.

Edit : If the AI raider are able to go trough the defensive line and stay alive inside the base more than 10 minutes you can add an explosive satchel randomly inside the base area (random number around the flag) and boom!!!

• Like 1