On 3/24/2019 at 7:27 PM, TPM_Aus said:

I have managed to get HC to work for the AI but not the zombies.  I used a mod call werthers hc mod or something along those lines.  I will have a check on the weekend when I am home.

Edit: This is the mod I used: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510031102

Be carefull with that script it transfert only the unit on the HC, unit are not offloaded after dead (so after a moment the HC will be overloaded and the AI stop responding), and this script breack some scripted behavior.

This script is good to make a mission on editor with a predefined amount of AI that will be calculated on the HC (for all the AI with a simple task like patroling or defending), and keep the AI who must do a complex task on the server (Task update, air insertion....).

For a sandbox or survival scenario its better to write yourself the line of code for the HC management cause with that script you will be forced to reboot the server every hour.

On 3/28/2019 at 10:08 AM, haleks said:

Hey guys, I'm working on a small update : can anyone confirm that assigning a name to vehicles and wrecks spawned by Ravage will prevent them from being saved by GRAD persistency?

The problem its the vehicle will be not saved so the player will lost his repaired vehicle and the stuff in the cargo.

Maybe add a cap for the vehicle spawning by ravage, that should prevent too much vehicle on the map without breack the persitence on the player vehicle.

Like this if the cap is 100, if there already 100 vehicle on the map ravage will not spawn new vehicle.

I add this line in the "fn_loadVehicles.sqf" 

_thisVehicle enableDynamicSimulation true;

I enable and set the dynamic simulation distance for the empty vehicle to the minimum in the editor, so after few server restart all the vehicle loaded by grad are simulated only if the player is near (50m), so i didn't got performance issue if there 30 damaged vehicle in a big town.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Here is a script with the basic stuff.

WIP GF_Ravage_Bombers_Script :

Ravage is not a requirement to test this.

https://ufile.io/kmm2c

R5wk9us.png

Awesome (:

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, is there a way to extend ravage item list for other items that are not included in present list or to add same items to increase probability of spawning in game.

I'm looking something like that:

Additem to rvg_ items

["FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit",....]

Something that I can write in my mission files

7 hours ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

Here is my current code "safeBase.sqf" called from "initPlayerLocal.sqf" :

Reveal hidden contents

_safeBase = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", [3703.993,5984.195]];
_safeBase setTriggerArea [1500, 1500, 0, false];
_safeBase setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true];
_safeBase setTriggerStatements ["this", "execVM 'intruders.sqf';", ""];

And here is the code in "intruders.sqf":

Reveal hidden contents

_intruder = allUnits inAreaArray "_safeBase";

{if ((_intruder isKindOf "Bandit_Renegade") || (_intruder isKindOf "zombie")) then {deleteVehicle _intruder}}forEach _intruder;

Hello there TK-7919 Aster !

Here is the ex:

add or exec from your initServer.sqf

trg_1 = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos player];
trg_1 setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true];
trg_1 setTriggerArea [50, 50, 0, false];
trg_1 setTriggerTimeout [0, 0, 0, true]; 
trg_1 setTriggerStatements ["this", "hint 'enter Safezone';execVM 'Safe_Zones.sqf'", "hint 'leaving Safezone'"];

_marker1 = createMarker ["Marker1", position trg_1];
"Marker1" setMarkerSize [50, 50];	
"Marker1" setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
"Marker1" setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";

Safe_Zones.sqf

uisleep 1;
hint "ok";

_allUnits = allUnits inAreaArray trg_1;

{
if (
	//(_x isKindOf "Bandit_Renegade")  
	//or(_x isKindOf "zombie")
	(_x isKindOf "Man")
	&& !(isPlayer _x)
	)then{
	deleteVehicle _x;
	};
}forEach _allUnits; 

systemchat "Delete";

+ one more , this is better :

init server :

[] execVM "Safe_Zones.sqf";

Safe_Zones.sqf

GF_SZ_Delete = {

hint "ok";

_allUnits = allUnits inAreaArray (_this select 0);

{
if (
	(_x isKindOf "Man") 
	//(_x isKindOf "zombie") 
	&& !(isPlayer _x)
	)then{
	deleteVehicle _x;
	};
}forEach _allUnits; 

systemchat "Delete";
};

trg_1 = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos player];
trg_1 setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true];
trg_1 setTriggerArea [50, 50, 0, false];
trg_1 setTriggerTimeout [0, 0, 0, true]; 
trg_1 setTriggerStatements ["this", "hint 'enter Safezone';0 = [thistrigger, thisList] call GF_SZ_Delete", "hint 'leaving Safezone'"];

_marker1 = createMarker ["Marker1", position trg_1];
"Marker1" setMarkerSize [50, 50];	
"Marker1" setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
"Marker1" setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thanks Gill !  :thumbs-up:

This is a start !

looking forward to it (:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

+ one more , this is better :

Thanks a lot for your help George, it's not really working for me though 😕 unless I set up a triggertimeout to delay it until the AI are spawned. Then it works, but only once... the trigger doesn't seem to repeat, even though Ravage AI obviously keep spawning.

EDIT: I need to try it in MP though

• Like 1

I have ran into an issue with my mission I am creating.  This mission is being designed for my arma group and will be used with Zeus enabled.  I am using Ravage and GF Auto Loot Script along with a few other mods. 

The issue I am having is that I can't delete the ravage spawned units when they die.  I know I can turn the ravage cleanup module on, however it deletes all the GF Auto Loot Script weapons, gears etc.  I am using the GF script as the ravage module does not populate loot/furniture in the grass huts and other buildings on PKL

Is it possible to either:

• Enable the Ravage cleanup script to leave the GF Auto Loot Script loot? or,
  • Enable zeus access to have permissions(resources) to cleanup the ravage ai?

Note: I do use Headless Client with Werthles HC Mod, however I have tried deleting the ravage spawned units with the HC not connected and with the module not even loaded into the mission (eg removed HC modules).

Edit: I am also not able to move any of the ravage spawned ai as zeus, it comes up with insufficient resources.

Thanks in advance, peace.

Edited by TPM_Aus
Added a line.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

it's not really working for me

I'll try to check this again , because i tested with zeus and not ravage.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TPM_Aus said:

I have ran into an issue with my mission I am creating.  This mission is being designed for my arma group and will be used with Zeus enabled.  I am using Ravage and GF Auto Loot Script along with a few other mods. 

The issue I am having is that I can't delete the ravage spawned units when they die.  I know I can turn the ravage cleanup module on, however it deletes all the GF Auto Loot Script weapons, gears etc.  I am using the GF script as the ravage module does not populate loot/furniture in the grass huts and other buildings on PKL

Is it possible to either:

• Enable the Ravage cleanup script to leave the GF Auto Loot Script loot? or,
  • Enable zeus access to have permissions(resources) to cleanup the ravage ai?

Note: I do use Headless Client with Werthles HC Mod, however I have tried deleting the ravage spawned units with the HC not connected and with the module not even loaded into the mission (eg removed HC modules).

Edit: I am also not able to move any of the ravage spawned ai as zeus, it comes up with insufficient resources.

Thanks in advance, peace.

Turn Ravage cleanup off and use GF’s cleanup script, you can set when and what you want cleaned. Happy editing! 🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

to increase probability of spawning in game.

If you’re using the Ravage loot module I believe (could be wrong) but one of those values is medical gear spawning “probability” and I would suggest increasing those values. As First aid kits or “FAKS” are already present within the mod, just incredibly rare. I’d suggest making your own “loot stashes” located around the map and put FAKS into them for yourself and players. (Easiest way for medical loot)

Cheers! :drinking2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Turn Ravage cleanup off and use GF’s cleanup script, you can set when and what you want cleaned. Happy editing! 🙂

Interesting, thanks.  I will look into this.  Looks like @GEORGE FLOROS GR will be getting more questions from me in another topic 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys just to mention ,

there is also the Ravage Club Forum , where you can also write about :

we try also to list everything associated mainly with Ravage and keep everything in separate topics.

Thanks !

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

it's not really working

Here is a different approach and working now as tested with zombies.

GF_SZ_Delete = {

while {true} do {
		waituntil{uisleep 1;	

_centerposition = _this select 0;
			_size = _this select 1;

_nearestobjects = nearestObjects [_centerPosition, ["CAManBase"],_size];

{
			if (
				(_x isKindOf "Man") 
				&& !(isPlayer _x)
				)then{
				deleteVehicle _x;
				};
			}forEach _nearestobjects;			
			systemchat"delete";
		};
	};
};

//	use distance ex : 50
//[getmarkerpos "marker_1",50] call GF_SZ_Delete;

//	use the size of the marker
[getmarkerpos "marker_1",getmarkerSize "marker_1" select 0] call GF_SZ_Delete;

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Here is a different approach and working now as tested with zombies.

Works like a charm, thank you so much !!!

• Thanks 1

Some quick news about the MyST project (I realize I might need to change the name, there's a game called Myst already...) :

So far it is shaping up to be a reimagination of the Zone from Stalker, although this could change later on. I have yet to add anomalies and such, but 2 of most notable features are pretty much done.

Phantoms : These ghosts will act as the new "zombies". They will be the most common enemy, and probably a stressful one. Invisible most of the time, they run a lot faster than humans, can pass through walls, and are even deadlier than the Ghosts from the Malden mission in Ravage. It is, however, possible to avoid combat if you remember a few tips :

- They mostly react to movement : they can even walk through you without spotting you if you stand still.

- The mine detector will pick up any phantom in a 15 meters range.

- They are visible in both night and thermal visions.

The phantom song : Music will be part of gameplay and will play an active role in your struggle against phantoms. Equipping headphones will allow you to listen to ambient music but also to pick up radio interferences produced by nearby phantoms. This method can be used to detect phantoms up to 75 meters away, but can be dangerous too : with headphones on, other sounds are slightly muffled and spatial localization of close enemies will be harder to achieve. The more phantoms in the vicinity, the louder those interferences will be; music will become inaudible eventually and external sounds will be even harder to hear - at that point it usually is safer to remove the headphones. Of course, players are free to mute the music in their audio options and still use the headphones to detect nearby phantoms if they wish so.

The Patreon concept demo will include a few other features as well; it will be available soon after the next Ravage update (in a few days I reckon).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TK-7919 Aster said:

Works like a charm, thank you so much !!!

Would you like to add this in the script library ?  :

Thanks !

Love the sound of the phantom song mate, for me that harks back to the radio from Silent Hill. I wanted to implement some kind of radio static as enemy detection into my Sirens mission but it's waaayyy way beyond my remit, needless to say I'm looking forward to using it in MyST. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Equipping headphones

man, I had that idea for a long time but can't script for sh*t.

I wanted something like this after a ravaged day.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Some quick news about the MyST project (I realize I might need to change the name, there's a game called Myst already...) :

May I suggest Brouillard? It's my favourite French word (apart from bof)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Clean up script worked like a charm.  😄  Haven't tested on dedi yet but it should work.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@haleks Will the phantoms be released as a standalone script/mod?  This would be so awesome for my upcoming event "[Ravage]Encerrados En".

veUM2Rt.jpg

• Like 1