Hey guys, I'm working on a small update : can anyone confirm that assigning a name to vehicles and wrecks spawned by Ravage will prevent them from being saved by GRAD persistency?

50 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hey guys, I'm working on a small update : can anyone confirm that assigning a name to vehicles and wrecks spawned by Ravage will prevent them from being saved by GRAD persistency?

I can confirm that naming vehicles in the EDEN editor while having the saveVehicles = 2; (where 2 = save both editor placed and script placed vehicles) in description.ext prevents GRAD from DUPLICATING the vehicle when it is loading its saved assets.

If you don't want spawned vehicles saved entirely you can use: saveVehicles = 1; (For editor placed vehicles only) or saveVehicles = 0; (For saving no vehicles).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haleks said:

Maybe the uniforms being worn are causing this, some have more protection than others.

Hmmmmmmmm... maybe quite possible? If I'm not mistaken, they're wearing T-shirts and shorts on Tanoa, but then again, they had some RHS (though I'm not quite sure) uniforms. Also, I'm using ACE3, and I'm going to check it soon again. But I'm damn near sure they're dropping dead from 2 hits from 5.56 in the torso instead of 3, or 1 hit from 7.62 instead of 2. 

Have to double check it!

Hey guys how would you feel about having suicide bomber zombies that run and explode when near players or AI? and maybe the explosion could produce temporary radiation around the player or blast area, just an idea for now but maybe it could become a script later on. (: The other idea I had was to create zombies that produce some kind of toxic fumes around them that can make player cough become sick etc.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

maybe it could become a script

This is already included from old time in Epoch.

I 'll give it a try though !

11 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is already included from old time in Epoch.

I 'll give it a try though !

Awesome thanks friend lol I am gonna go experiment as well (:

• Like 1

@Gill93, funnily enough I toyed with Bomber Boss Zeds for my Sirens mission but ditched the idea, feel free to use the code in the video, obviously it's based on individually named units via triggers... 

Condition: s1 distance z1 <10; 

Activation: Bomb="M_PG_AT" createVehicle (getPos z1);

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks man gonna have to give that a try (:

36 minutes ago, EO said:

@Gill93, funnily enough I toyed with Bomber Boss Zeds for my Sirens mission but ditched the idea, feel free to use the code in the video, obviously it's based on individually named units via triggers... 

Thanks (: gonna give it a try

59 minutes ago, EO said:

Bomber Boss Zeds for my Sirens mission

This is simple & nice EO !

Would you like to add this here :

Thanks !

52 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

Thanks (: gonna give it a try

28 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is simple & nice EO !

Would you like to add this here :

Thanks !

1 hour ago, EO said:

I tested it out and its pretty awesome for how simple it is by chance would you happen to know how to directly add radiation sickness to player directly with same trigger im having trouble figuring that one out thanks (:

2 hours ago, Gill93 said:

I tested it out and its pretty awesome for how simple it is by chance would you happen to know how to directly add radiation sickness to player directly with same trigger im having trouble figuring that one out thanks 🙂

Not sure how to do that. ^^

But if your following my above video example you could:

add a rad zone trigger,

add a game logic trigger,

the game logic trigger will attach the rad zone to the zed,

when zed is dead the rad zone is spawned giving instant rad sickness to player...

:slayer: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Anyone know how @haleks changed the Strigoi to his ghost version in Ghost Hunters mission?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TPM_Aus said:

Anyone know how @haleks changed the Strigoi to his ghost version in Ghost Hunters mission?

I would love to be able to spawn and even play as a Ghost in Ravage.

• Like 1

Regarding persistence, it seems that mixing ALiVE and Ravage's persistence poses some issues? Or is this not the case anymore. If it is, what is the best way of going about combing persistence framework for some sort of AI and Ravage's variables (hunger, thirst, ect). I am not even sure what vanilla ravage offers in terms of persistence.

Regarding persistency, this has recently been released and may have some worth in creating a persistent Ravage mission...

• Like 2

The last thing Harry Alexander expected was a right hand lead...

Spoiler

OFW8Abv.jpg

arse has gone...

Spoiler

mOdyJgo.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EO said:

The last thing Harry Alexander expected was a right hand lead...

Reveal hidden contents

OFW8Abv.jpg

arse has gone...

Reveal hidden contents

mOdyJgo.jpg

:icon_biggrin:

Thats cool, I would love to know how you make the ghost 😉

Use the "No Face" head that ships with Ravage, beyond that I ain't giving up any more secrets from my little pet project.....until it's released. 😜

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 7:15 PM, Gill93 said:

having suicide bomber

Here is a script with the basic stuff.

WIP GF_Ravage_Bombers_Script :

Ravage is not a requirement to test this.

https://ufile.io/kmm2c

R5wk9us.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haleks quick question, does Ravage has a script that regularily sets the player's setAnimSpeedCoef to 0.8752?

When I change it via player setAnimSpeedCoef 1.0; it only works for a few seconds and then revers back to 0.8752 and that only happens to my while using ravage.

28 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Haleks quick question, does Ravage has a script that regularily sets the player's setAnimSpeedCoef to 0.8752?

When I change it via player setAnimSpeedCoef 1.0; it only works for a few seconds and then revers back to 0.8752 and that only happens to my while using ravage.

Yes, that's an old feature from the survival module : animSpeed is affected by the load you're carrying.

I'll try to set it as an optional parameter for the next update.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, haleks said:

Yes, that's an old feature from the survival module : animSpeed is affected by the load you're carrying.

I'll try to set it as an optional parameter for the next update.

Thank you! I think that since you added that the Arma 3 devs added more effects to encumbrance like more weapon sway and faster stamina depletion so  setAnimSpeedCoef is a little bit overkill unless players have stamina disabled. Then it becomes quite reasonable.

6 hours ago, haleks said:

optional parameter for the next update.

If I may add, I know backpacks are included but how about a parameter for vests (and backpacks) where you can input what kind of vests you can encounter and their probability? Just like for the survival items, weapons, magazines, clothes, and backpacks.

Like, getting that chest rig with good protection to be quite rare and rewarding when you find it, same for carryall backpacks, is that a possibility?

Hey survivors! Being a noob at scripting, I am struggling to make a trigger area called "_safeBase" which deletes any bandits/renegades/zombies that enters it, at any given time.

I believed that the Safe Zone module could do that but it seems that it's not its real purpose (or maybe it's broken). On my mission, the module appears to be working for zombies at mission start (renegades still spawn inside the zone though) but if I leave the safe zone and go back, those damn brain eaters always invade the place !

All my attempts at coding my own safe zone trigger are failing and I'm probably doing it wrong. That's why I write here to seek the help of more experienced script gods !

Here is my current code "safeBase.sqf" called from "initPlayerLocal.sqf" :

Spoiler

_safeBase = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", [3703.993,5984.195]];
_safeBase setTriggerArea [1500, 1500, 0, false];
_safeBase setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", true];
_safeBase setTriggerStatements ["this", "execVM 'intruders.sqf';", ""];

And here is the code in "intruders.sqf":

Spoiler

_intruder = allUnits inAreaArray "_safeBase";

{if ((_intruder isKindOf "Bandit_Renegade") || (_intruder isKindOf "zombie")) then {deleteVehicle _intruder}}forEach _intruder;

Any help would be awesome ! A man's gotta take a nap at home from time to time, even in the freaking apocalypse ! 😛