Well, Steam just crashed GLOBALLY xD may need to re-add some of you guys, most of you are "?" marks :rofl:

oh ok - thought something was weird=)

• Like 1

Hiho folks,

Few updates on the base-building incoming:

- I rewrote the blueprint code. It is now easy for users to add new custom blueprints and or delete default blueprints when creating a mission.
-  added an option to rotate the object
- added an option to  get object closer or further away (max distance can be limited, currently at 5m)
- GRAD persistency enabled for placed stuff (tested in client hosted and dedicated)
- placed objects can be destroyed, you get back scrap materials (may be refined again later)
- moving an object will save its new position via GRAD
- added a few materials

- added place-able light source with on / off switch. I plan to add a feature that requires a generator connected.

next steps:
- more blueprints
- GRAD saving system for persistent Materials collected
- Move and deconstruct addactions to be saved via GRAD
- adding possibilities to destroy other players placed objects
- adding blueprint spawners, so players can collect and learn new blueprints
- material traders
- loot system for all materials that may be found (currently Wood, stone and sand can be farmed)

NOTE: the object movement code has been taken from EDN Fortification mod - I am not taking credit for writing these functions.

PS: Yes, I messed up audio again=D sometime i will learn..

Light video:

General showcase: (link to follow)

Edit: had to interrupt the upload of the 2nd video, will be delayed) 

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hey guys I just finished up another Scenario called The Last Three its more of a open world survival situation rather then the task based mission that I am used to making. The Scenario is more for those who just like to bullshit around with a couple of buddies but don't worry because there are many features. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1676013774

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2019 at 10:47 PM, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

And I found a setting for "Recompiling for Global scripts" in the editor under the settings tab

Thanks for sharing!! 🙂

• Like 1

@Vandeanson: Your work with basebuildng is amazing - and your effort to deliver the feature complete with a savegame mechanic deserves the highest praise!  :icon_dj:

Regarding GRAD: have you already tested your base saving system together with the various different ways of the regular GRAD saving? I mean, does your GRAD setup save only the players and the bases plus any editor placed object or do you also save boxes, cars and so on which have been accessed by the players once?  I'm asking because exactly that happens if I use my ALIVE+RAVAGE combo with ALIVE logistics active.  This means that over long sessions, LOTS of the cars and boxes spawned by e.g. RAVAGE ambient AI and ambient cars or by your bandit camps will populate the map and get saved/loaded every time after having been accessed just once while looting them.  :scratchchin:

Just my 2 cts. ; I must admit that I never took the time to delve deeper into GRAD after failing to save editor placed units reliably with it over multiple sessions, but you seem to have taken this savegame system a step further together with it's dev team! :thanx::respekt:

• Like 3

Typed up a quick little "Cold altitude" script for you guys, feel free to use it / edit it to your needs, current altitude setting is anything above 13,800ft, I typed it for CHR REDUX (for the snowy mountains) but you can easily change the values to match any certain map you want. The current effects timer is set every 15 seconds, this can also be changed. I believe this WILL have negative effects if you're in a plane / heli, so probably just either change what the notification says, or set altitude higher... It is recommended to change the "titletext" to probably a "cuttext" so you can call random notifications, and have a much more dynamic experience with it, you can even easily add in your own sounds. Enjoy mates! I'll also throw this is the Ravage weathers page. :rthumb:  

Spoiler

//MRZColdRegion.sqf: v1.0

//** MRZColdRegion by MuRaZorWitchKING **//

MRZ_effectsCheck = 15;    

[] spawn {
while {alive player} do {

if((getPosASL player select 2 )> 680 && vehicle player isEqualTo player) then {

systemchat"";

player setdamage damage player + 0.02;
    enableCamShake true;
    addCamShake [5, 3, 60];  

cutText [selectrandom["This cold takes my breath away.","The winds are too strong up here.","It's very cold.","I need to get to lower ground.","it is too cold up here."], "PLAIN DOWN", 0.5, true, true];

player say3D [selectrandom ["WoundedGuyA_02","WoundedGuyA_01","WoundedGuyA_03","WoundedGuyA_07","WoundedGuyA_05","WoundedGuyA_06","WoundedGuyA_08"], 15, 1];

uiSleep MRZ_effectsCheck;
    } else {

systemchat"";

};
    };
};

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@MuRaZorWitchKING: getPosATL is the relative pos above terrain - getPosASL (above sea level) is the command you really want to use. 😉

Also, you made a little mistake : in a pos array, the altitude is index 2 : getpos # 1 returns the Y coordinate.

if((getPosASL player # 2 )> 13800) then {
	hint "Mierda, we're high up here!"
};

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

"Cold altitude" script

This is nice and well done MuRaZorWitchKING !

Would you like to add this to the script library as well ?

Thanks !

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 12:48 AM, kodabar said:

ArmA uses a navmesh for AI navigation. It's an invisible layer that exists on every map. To save processing time, the AI units manoeuvre by following the navmesh instead of working out where they can go. It creates a reliable, low processing navigation system and is used in most games. The problem is that you can't modify it on the fly. So when you create base-building elements, AI units don't know about them because the navmesh doesn't get updated. So zombies and AI units can just walk through any new walls or objects.

Reveal hidden contents

dayz-navmesh-pathfinding-showcase-dayz-s

Tested and can confirm that they walk through the new structures at some points. Shame:/ will see if anything can be done here. 

Cheers

VD

34 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Tested and can confirm that they walk through the new structures at some points. Shame:/ will see if anything can be done here. 

The only way I have found so far to circumvent this problem is to place the actual fence/wall objects somewhere on the map during mission building and then access them by a logstics system like the one you have or the ALIVE system I have tested.  Every placed object HAS the navmesh blocking trait - and will transfer that to it's new location.  Won't help much with the freshly created objects, I admit.  But maybe one could code this trait into the newly created items somehow?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haleks said:

@MuRaZorWitchKING: getPosATL is the relative pos above terrain - getPosASL (above sea level) is the command you really want to use. 😉

Also, you made a little mistake : in a pos array, the altitude is index 2 : getpos # 1 returns the Y coordinate.

if((getPosASL player # 2 )> 13800) then {
	hint "Mierda, we're high up here!"
};

I did try that code but it didn’t seem to activate for some reason at that altitude, after using the one I posted and testing it seemed to work, hmm will test again though! Thanks Haleks! 

Also... Am I correct in assuming that altitude and the Y coordinates of the map are two separate things? If so this was the problem with my first attempt, as using the code you mentioned I was already receiving damage at that height.

4 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Would you like to add this to the script library as well ?

Thanks !

Feel free to add it, though Haleks is probably right and it probably does need editing, I just checked if it worked (and it does) but it needs more testing! :icon2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I did try that code but it didn’t seem to activate for some reason at that altitude, after using the one I posted and testing it seemed to work, hmm will test again though! Thanks Haleks! 

You probably tested it in the northen part of the map, where the Y coordinate will be high.

I haven't tested Chernaredux recently, but 13800 seems to be very high. When you are on those mountains, just type hint str (getposASL player # 2) in the debug console and you will have a better idea of the right altitude to use.

But you should know that sea level is often inconsistent between terrains (especially modded ones) : your script might not work as intended everywhere, and could need some adjustments for various maps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

it needs more testing! :icon2:

Maybe whenever you feel that it is ok , you should add this if you like.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Thanks for that @haleks you're the man yet again, yeah it's only around 700ish where I have it set, no wonder no damage was received xD 

Updated for CHR REDUX:

Spoiler

//MRZColdRegion.sqf: v1.0

//** MRZColdRegion by MuRaZorWitchKING **//

MRZ_effectsCheck = 15;    

[] spawn {
while {alive player} do {

if((getPosASL player select 2 )> 680 && vehicle player isEqualTo player) then {

systemchat"";

player setdamage damage player + 0.02;
    enableCamShake true;
    addCamShake [5, 3, 60];  

cutText [selectrandom["This cold takes my breath away.","The winds are too strong up here.","It's very cold.","I need to get to lower ground.","it is too cold up here."], "PLAIN DOWN", 0.5, true, true];

player say3D [selectrandom ["WoundedGuyA_02","WoundedGuyA_01","WoundedGuyA_03","WoundedGuyA_07","WoundedGuyA_05","WoundedGuyA_06","WoundedGuyA_08"], 15, 1];

} else {

systemchat"";

};
    };
};

Everyone should also be aware that it DOES have negative affects if you're within a plane or helicopter, So you can even technically use this script as a "Too high" script or something of that sort, change the notifications around etc... Hope you all enjoy it. :) Thanks again for the corrections Haleks!

Should be safe to add now @GEORGE FLOROS GR! If you can think of any "updates" or needed functions feel free to add them to it! :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Thanks again for the corrections Haleks 

No problem.

One last tip to check if the player is on foot (and therefor cancel damage when inside a plane or any vehicle) :

if((getPosASL player # 2 )> 680 && vehicle player isEqualTo player) then {...};

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have an idea for missions .... give player full protection in some sort of vehicle. I think that modern tanks are able to protect its crew from radiation. I like the idea of place high level radiation on whole terain and give player 100% protection only in e.g IFV Panther without ammunition to make sure player take road on foot. The mission can be some kind of special force retrieving medical information. AIs are more likely to get RPG and random placed antitank mines will spice up atmosphere.

• Like 3

Nice idea man! some ambient stompers would be suit that kind of vibe too. ^^

20 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

....random placed antitank mines will spice up atmosphere.

Speaking of mines, I'd like to find a way too stop Zeds from triggering them....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EO said:

find a way too stop Zeds from triggering them....

Check here :

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tourist said:

But maybe one could code this trait into the newly created items somehow?

Yeah i will look for a solution like that. Didnt find much yet but maybe I am searching wrong😵

Worst case i could create a blacklist area around every placed object, that sends close AI away via waypoints or so. I assume fps wouldnt like that tho:) 

Cheers

Vd

On 3/9/2019 at 12:31 AM, tourist said:

Regarding GRAD: have you already tested your base saving system together with the various different ways of the regular GRAD saving? I mean, does your GRAD setup save only the players and the bases plus any editor placed object or do you also save boxes, cars and so on which have been accessed by the players once?  I'm asking because exactly that happens if I use my ALIVE+RAVAGE combo with ALIVE logistics active.  This means that over long sessions, LOTS of the cars and boxes spawned by e.g. RAVAGE ambient AI and ambient cars or by your bandit camps will populate the map and get saved/loaded every time after having been accessed just once while looting them.  :scratchchin:

I did not yet look too deeply into it, but due to some issues i will have to get in touch with them on the forums. 

It seemed to be quite easy to include or exclude AI, vehicles, structures and containers into the saving system. 

Although the option to ONLY save zeus/script placed stuff didnt work for me. I use the setting where everything (if saving is enabled for that type, e.g. Structures enabled, but vehicles disabled) gets saved and it works well in that scenario. 

However, editor placed stuff that has no variable name assigned, gets duplicated. 

My main issue right now is saving variables from players namespace to GRAD using the custom save options.

Gotta invest some more time into GRAD but so far it looks promising:) 

• Like 1