@haleks , thanks man.  No worries, no pressure. Your project , your pace.

-  Another thought I had in mind lately is about Zombie Horde Module... When spawning horde I can decide how many zeds , what they wear and where to spawn them, but in addition to the placed "Themed" zeds I have the ambient ones spawning. Was thinking to myself "Ok, so I'll place Zombie Blacklist area to stop ambient ones from spawning here..." , but it looks like it effect ALL zeds.  It would be nice to have a checkbox with option of blocking Ambient Zeds from spawning in the areas where Zombie Horde module is active. That way, we have more control over the zeds overall count and therefore over overall load on players machines.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LSValmont said:

GRAD persistence should really be integrated into Ravage as a module replacement for the current persistence feature that is not as developed in Ravage.

I have worked with McDiod, the main dev for Grad Persitence and the guy is super open and changes/fixes things super fast and is incredibly supportive.

Is it in general possible to include GRAD in a mod? Can the script save stuff into the mission then? My current understanding (from playing arround yday) is, that it needs to be placed in the mission folder. So a quick solution would be to put a mission template up so ppl can base their ravage mission on that mission or they can add the relevant folders to their mission. 

But again, im new to GRAD so if someone knows better let me know, I would love to add it as a feature to VA and would of course share the solution with ravage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No problem Haleks. But i wonder if Sanchez would let you place head gore. 

Another thing is, Ryan’s is dead, the mod will never be updated , so it’s dead content. 

on top of that, the highly successful warfare Thai mod has used Ryan’s zombies and modified them to shit . How come his mod hasn’t been removed ? 

I could start a crowdfunded for you 

why why is this forum moderated by such lefty snowflakes ? Censoring anything and deleting why they don’t like . 

9 hours ago, kodabar said:

Oh my goodness, I would love this. Not for myself, but for the dozens of people who constantly ask how to add base-building to Ravage. You sir, are a hero.

Its well on its way;) honestly i am a bit afraid that there is a big issue slumbering somewhere, that i have not noticed yet. But so far all works and all i have to do is add more pattern and gathering solutions for all mat types and i can release a demo mission. 

Also, if anyone knows a good mod that adds additional objects, please let me know. I could really use floors and roofs! 

• Like 2

Hi. 

How do you get the zombie horse spawner to activate in trigger? Is that possible ? Again would be good if it had  A timer or something . 

48 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

honestly i am a bit afraid that there is a big issue slumbering somewhere

How’s the nav mesh? Any conflict? I’d assume Zombos are walkin through things? Cause if not you’ve passed probably the biggest threat to these types of work. Great job, not only on this but all your work. :thumb:

11 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

nav mesh

Whats that:))? 

No so far Z have been fine actually, i have tested that earlier on nd will test again ofc. 

• Like 1

Radioactive Zones, if possible, a rad intensity multiplier would be a nice addition similar to how the Hunger/Thirst rates work. 

• Like 2

These things are minor . Seems people don’t care about zombie any more . They are just decoration for target practice 

Quite the contrary, they are the driving force in my upcoming scenario.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, EO said:

Radioactive Zones, if possible, a rad intensity multiplier would be a nice addition

I found that by stacking the zones on top one another achieve this greatly. :icon2:

• Like 2

@CHICKENLICKEN if you want all these added features for zombies, why haven’t you looked into trying a little project for yourself? Implementing it yourself?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Are you angry because I’m asking ?

No that was me genuinely asking. Never hurts to try ya know. Who knows, maybe you could figure it out? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Whats that:))? 

ArmA uses a navmesh for AI navigation. It's an invisible layer that exists on every map. To save processing time, the AI units manoeuvre by following the navmesh instead of working out where they can go. It creates a reliable, low processing navigation system and is used in most games. The problem is that you can't modify it on the fly. So when you create base-building elements, AI units don't know about them because the navmesh doesn't get updated. So zombies and AI units can just walk through any new walls or objects.

Spoiler

dayz-navmesh-pathfinding-showcase-dayz-s

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

No that was me genuinely asking. Never hurts to try ya know. Who knows, maybe you could figure it out? 

No problem . But I’m sure would be easier for others that have some years of experience where I would learn from scratch. I would rather pay someone for their time to work on it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kodabar said:

ArmA uses a navmesh for AI navigation. It's an invisible layer that exists on every map. To save processing time, the AI units manoeuvre by following the navmesh instead of working out where they can go. It creates a reliable, low processing navigation system and is used in most games. The problem is that you can't modify it on the fly. So when you create base-building elements, AI units don't know about them because the navmesh doesn't get updated. So zombies and AI units can just walk through any new walls or objects.

Reveal hidden contents

dayz-navmesh-pathfinding-showcase-dayz-s

Uff that is brutal! 

Off to testing! 

Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 2

I think, keyword (think) that if you were to build whatever structure you do, and then save your game, leave, then re-load up then the game might register the build... Could be wrong... If I remember correctly I ran into nav-mesh issues when I would attempt to use Zues to make in game edits on the fly, while adding structures. And I believe this was a fix, if I remember correctly. 

17 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I found that by stacking the zones on top one another achieve this greatly. :icon2:

Man, I would never have considered doing something like that, I'll surely give that a go. ^^

I don't think there's anything wrong with current rad intensity, I think they are perfectly suited for a more open world mission which is played out over many hours, however for my scenario (which is fairly linear) I still want to retain all the elements of survival like coping with hunger, thirst and rad sickness.                    This is why I'd like rad intensity levels to be more cruel on the player. :sneaky2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EO said:

This is why I'd like rad intensity levels to be more cruel on the player. :sneaky2:

Yes! this is why I put severe radiation levels and even Toxic chemicals within Cherno in my mission. If players go there without the proper equipment they’ll surely gonna meet their end, Radiation levels reach 250 all the way up to 300 in the city. :wink_o: gotta have a good challenge. :tounge_o:

• Like 2

On 3/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, Vandeanson said:

if anyone knows a good mod that adds additional objects, please let me know. I could really use floors and roofs! 

Have you looked at the open sourced i-build mod?
https://ibuildmod.wordpress.com/
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27078

I've had people demand basebuilding more than any other one thing on all my scenarios. I tend to point out to people that after six years, there are still no basebuilding mods on steam workshop for Arma 3. I have always thought that Breaking Point mod had the best basebuilding system for Arma. Instead of allowing people to build giant penis bases like in Exile... they allow players to collect blueprints and items (such as wood pallet, etc) and they use the blueprints and specific ingredients to lock and secure an existing building in game. This is considerably better for performance on a server and it also keeps people from griefing the server by building bases in inconvenient places.

I also happen to have an opinion that in post apocalyptic scenarios, you would likely see people fortify existing structures instead and rushing to build a new house, etc.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I also happen to have an opinion that in post apocalyptic scenarios, you would likely see people fortify existing structures instead and rushing to build a new house, etc

:yeahthat:

I completely agree, could never really get into that kind of thing... I usually tend to build a campsite with a regular tent and fire nearby for when I’m “building a base”. It’s never steered me wrong, I use the tent for weapon/supplies storage, all while relaxing by a nice cozy fire. If I hear gunshots, it’s time to pack up my goods and leave. (This is my view on it) or as you said, hold up in an old building...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I completely agree, could never really get into that kind of thing... I usually tend to build a campsite with a regular tent and fire nearby for when I’m “building a base”. It’s never steered me wrong, I use the tent for weapon/supplies storage, all while relaxing by a nice cozy fire. If I here gunshots, it’s time to pack up my goods and leave. (This is my view on it) or as you said, hold up in an old building...

I like the camp system too. Throw down a tent. Just the idea of being able to create a crate and stash loot is enough for a lot of people. A lot of people don't want to go through the effort of making a whole base. If you could just stash some loot in a box that you can place... it would make a lot of people happy.

When it comes to basebuilding, I like the idea of being able to lock existing doors and only group or faction members can enter. Another really cool thing would be to board up doors and windows to your base using specific items, so that other players cannot peek into the windows. As for locking houses, you would need the ability to restrict how often people can lock houses. Just the ability to lock yourself inside of a house and then sign out of the server. You would need a key system of some time to have access to the building. Not sure how it would work. Either key code or physical keys in game that are unique to specific bases and houses.

Breaking Point mod uses a system where other players can break into your base if you use specific amounts of explosives, etc. It was excessive though. You really had to have a stockpile to be able to pull it off. I loved that about the mod though. It was hard to raid someone. If you pulled it off... you really accomplished something. The bases in Breaking Point always had excellent loot. Stoves, gun cabinets, lockers full of loot. Whatever players had stashed.

• Like 1

@Donnie_Plays

Yesterday I have changed the blueprint system so it will be easier for users to remove or add blueprints, e.g. You may enter the classname of the item and change the value of all relevant materials from 0 to xyz. 

So you may steer and decide what can be built and what not, be it just barricades or whole watchtowers:) 

I personally dont like basebuilding in pvp e. g. the whole exile stuff with bases piling up into the sky. 

Hence the mod is also not targeted at competitive pvp but rather rp survival, coop or casual pvp encounters. 

I have some ideas for lockable doors, generators, lights,.. but thats just early ideas, no real WIP yet. 

Also, I have not though much about the ways of breaching built structures yet.

I could make the structures take no damage but i could add a addaction that would allow you to attach explosives under certain circumstances.. I actually quite like this idea:) it restricts your ways to take down a base. But there will be a way, with the right tools and if you dont get shot while attaching explosives.. 

My current struggle is to save the array of placed structures into a variable in the players namespace that then can be saved in GRAD. But im sure it is just a matter of reaching out to the guys to understand what i am doing wrong. 

• Like 4

Oh, and with the new blueprint system, it will be possible to spawn in blueprints that have to be collected, before a blueprint can be used. 

• Like 6

Anybody familiar with the "Too many virtual memory blocks requested'' error? I have reports of player's getting this error within my scenario, I told them to change the parameter settings to allow the game to have more memory... I myself have not had this issue or run into anything of the sorts, could it be due to preprocessing files? Thanks all! 🙂

Update: may have found the problem, I believe once too many scripts are added the engine gets to the point where it can no longer "keep up" with everything... As once I was testing and I saved and reloaded the save I would get the same error as other players. Currently reducing the script count, going to see if this fixes the issue, thanks all. 🙂

2nd Update: Resolved the issue, it WASN'T due to too many scripts. Arma being Arma was over processing the scripts causing the page file to exceed maximum memory usage, this was resulting in a hard-crash (game instantly closing) and the error to be displayed "Too many virtual memory blocks requested." After pulling my hair out I found out that Arma "stores" script info some way, some how... (maybe within the editor?) And I found a setting for "Recompiling for Global scripts" in the editor under the settings tab. Behold... 60 FPS in CHR REDUX, yes you read that correctly, 60 FPS... I believe this setting resets the global script settings for the game and uses the most "up to date" version of the scripts being used. Cause it damn sure didn't play this well before, all is working normal now, saves, loading, etc... I had no idea this option existed. What the hell.

• Like 5