@UnDeaD.: I thought about that, but it would still clash with the caching system built in Ravage : vehicles are deleted when there's no player around and "respawned" later on. Even with a unique varName on each spawned & saved vehicle, there're other factors to consider if we want G.P and Ravage to play along without issues. Synchronizing data from independent caching & saving systems will always be a headache; but you've given me some good leads to improve things on my end. 😉

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Edit:

If i had a good vehicle spawner script that would give vehicles randomised damage just like yours have, i would experiment on that, but i cant find a proper one. 

This is pretty much easy to be done , just if so the spawned vehicles maybe get some Variable in order to get the ravage code ?

6 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is pretty much easy to be done , just if so the spawned vehicles maybe get some Variable in order to get the ravage code ?

For that, all you need is to make sure spawned vehicles get the custom user actions used by Ravage - luckily we have CBA for that :

{
	[_x, "InitPost", {_this call rvg_fnc_setVehicleActions}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler
} forEach ["LandVehicle", "Helicopter", "Plane", "Ship"];

Run that bit server-side, and you have 100% ravage-compatible vehicles without the module.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I haven’t even played Arma 3 WITHOUT the Ravage mod loaded up

Since day one...... since day one. :icon_biggrin: I'm supposed to study for my upcoming exams, and oh boy they are coming really fast!

And all I have inside my head right now is how can I make my pew-pew mrap vehicle go like:

Spoiler

this addWeaponTurret ["autocannon_30mm_CTWS", [0]];
this addMagazineTurret ["140Rnd_30mm_MP_shells_Tracer_Red", [0]];
this addMagazineTurret ["60Rnd_30mm_APFSDS_shells_Tracer_Red", [0]];
this addWeaponTurret ["GMG_40mm",[0]]; 
this addMagazineTurret ["200Rnd_40mm_G_belt",[0]]; 
this addWeaponTurret ["rhs_weap_m240veh",[0]];   
this addMagazineTurret ["rhs_mag_1100Rnd_762x51_M240",[0]];   
this addWeaponTurret ["missiles_titan",[0]];
this addMagazineTurret ["2Rnd_GAT_missiles_O",[0]];

+ add MORE weapons I'll never use just stuff them inside my vehicle, lmao. Then tweak this, tweak that, etc, etc.

I should really go back to my studies now.
:drinking2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@haleks ah cool 🙂 i thought caching was optional.

Well, i hope you can find a solution for it. GP works very well, and it would be awesome if it could save vehicles. It can already save containers so that is a good start to make some hidden stashes in the woods 😄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EO said:

Regarding deleting a Radiation Zone mid-mission, I've went for a different approach that fits perfectly for my needs...

Reveal hidden contents

5Vaeq5F.jpg

I place the trigger directly over my source object, when said object is destroyed I can delete the trigger with...

deletevehicle rad1;

With a Geiger Muller counter activated the radiation level starts to fall and simply dissipates away. :rthumb:

Man, that is so much simpler than what I suggested. I might need a break. sweat.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

If I’m lucky and get this new job within the next couple of months I can surely support your work even more, so by then my amount will go up. I just realized that I haven’t even played Arma 3 WITHOUT the Ravage mod loaded up... Even before you released it in the workshop. The same with Arma 2, all I ever played was “2018” (still love that mission by the way) but yes, your work is why I even play this game. After I first viewed a video about Ravage on YouTube I instantly jumped in. I wish for years to come with success on your work, and I hope you continue it. 🙂

Thank you so much, Murazor - it means a lot. But please, don't feel obliged to give more, you've already been very generous and I am grateful. What really matters, is to make this Patreon support a collective effort - so guys, make some noise around you! 😉

• Like 2

Last wee teaser pic before I open a dedicated thread over in user missions...

Spoiler

pXUER9u.jpg

It's shameful I've never released a bona fide Ravage mission thus far....better late than never!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Well, sadly it has happened. Found my mission “The Burning Rain” on some website. Looks like it’s in Czech, or Russian? Anyone know what I should do? 

Found it here: https://gamemonitoring.net/ru/workshop/arma-3/the-burning-rain

it appears to have a discord link, maybe I can get a hold of someone through there... Definitely going to see what is going on. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Well, sadly it has happened. Found my mission “The Burning Rain” on some website. Looks like it’s in Czech, or Russian? Anyone know what I should do? 

Found it here: https://gamemonitoring.net/ru/workshop/arma-3/the-burning-rain

Russian internet is Grand Theft Land I'm afraid... Both technically and legislatively, it has turned into a rogue island when it comes to international law enforcement and regulations. Russian hackers and pirates cost a lot to plenty of people in all domains : cinema, litterature, video games etc. It is a sad thing to say, but my advice : don't sweat it. At least, they're not stealing money/revenues from you. 😕

• Thanks 1

Damn... @kodabar warned me about this... Told me about a time back when they stole an early DaiZy copy. It just sucks cause I didn’t just see my work up there but I saw tons of other community authors work. Ahh well... I’ll leave it then. 😕

Best thing we can do, is raising awareness about that website.

Arma 3 being a steam exclusive is actually a good thing (dah, never thought I would say that) : the vast majority of the community download their mods from the Workshop, where it's a bit more difficult to steal content.

• Like 1

Hi folks!

I'll be away from my computer for the next couple of weeks, so I'm pushing a little update in case Arma 3 v1.90 goes live before I come back.

Here's the changelog :

Tweaked :
Dirty materials used for zed uniforms were too shiny.
Reverted changes on AI DirectionRelative callouts (fixed in A3 v1.90)*.

Fixed :
Fixed an error with rvg_fnc_equip.
Airport Lamps were still emitting light.
The Ghost Hunters showcase now fails when player's rating drops below -2000.

* Arma3 v1.90 is already available as a RC build :

The AI callouts fix is a huge improvement, so give that RC a try (also, I like thinking I played a small part in it ninja.png).

I will upload a preview build of the MyST project on Patreon soon after I'm back home (reminder : most of my screenshots are from various projects I'm working on 😉 ).

Have fun guys!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

They finally really did it. Those maniacs moved the wiki from wikia.whatever to fandom.com
The new link to the wiki is: https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Ravage_Wikia
Though I'm pretty sure the old links will work for a while. I guess the powers at be decided that a simple name is better replaced by a forgettable one. Those damned dirty apes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, I've created a couple of tracks for the Ravage.

Tracks are available for everyone to use however they want; for the mission/scenario making or just for the listening.

These tracks are somewhat my 'feelings and experience' of Ravage... in a nutshell. I wanted to create tracks especially for the moments when you're roaming around and moments when the fight is on (hence the last track and Haleks's newest mission with ghost anomalies :icon_biggrin: ). When I have some extra time, I will focus on creating more 'roaming' tracks as I do really, really love creating those ambient, creepy songs.

Tracks are available on SoundCloud, the download option is turned on: https://soundcloud.com/razlognepoznat/sets/ravage-prevail-the-apocalypse/s-QbZXp

or
If something isn't working properly, backup link (zip file): https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkuf6h8wr5c2qx5/Ravage - Prevail The Apocalypse.rar?dl=0

So, I hope you find them interesting, and I will do my best to create better ones in the future. 
Cheers!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

So after looking over everything on that site it seems to just be a re-publish or re-upload. Kodabar ran through the files and my name still is within my work... Also I noticed the file size is the same as the one within the workshop so all the required items are in fact missing from the download, nothing is zipped. So this may just be a re-publish. Who knows? :shrug: :sneaky2:

Guess I continue with the planned patch release! :scratchchin:

@RZNUNKWN, those soundscapes are deep and dark man, very nice indeed. :rthumb:

Tension Imminent and When Night Falls have grabbed me the most, I would love to slip a little bit of them somewhere into my SIRENS mission.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EO said:

@RZNUNKWN, those soundscapes are deep and dark man, very nice indeed. :rthumb:

Tension Imminent and When Night Falls have grabbed me the most, I would love to slip a little bit of them somewhere into my SIRENS mission.

Of course EO, that's why I created them! Use 'em however you want! :rthumb:

• Like 2

Could use a little guidance for a few things...

I want my playable character to remain in the same uniform from start to finish, (he's just a regular joe dressed in civilian clothes)

It's important that the player can loot "Boss Zeds" but I don't want the player to be able to equip "Boss Zeds" uniforms...Is it possible to deny the player access to uniforms?

I'd also really like the player to complete the mission with a pistol, but at the moment all my hand placed zeds are proving just a little too strong...Is there any way to "nerf" zombie health to a more "arcadey" level?

4 minutes ago, EO said:

Is it possible to deny the player access to uniforms?

I had reply to donnie who wanted a similar code some pages back , i'm going to check it !

On 12/20/2018 at 4:47 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:
On 12/20/2018 at 3:44 AM, Donnie_Plays said:

Is there a way

Hello there Donnie !

You can add the items that you want to be available or excluded , if you remove the "!" from the code :

if (!(_item in GF_List))  then { 

GF_List =[
//	add your list
"classname",
"classname"
]; 

player addEventHandler ["Take",{ 
params ["_unit", "_container", "_item"];

hint format["You picked a %1",_item];

if (!(_item in GF_List))  then { 
_unit unassignItem _item; 
_unit removeItem _item; 
hint "You can't wear that!"};
}];

• Thanks 2

Can someone recommend me a good helicopter patrol script? I have one, but apparently, it's not working.

Also, I'm pretty sure many of you guys here use Diwako's STALKER-like anomalies. I want to use it, I tested it out, it's awesome, but I have a problem: since I'm a little bit of a control freak (I use Zeus to keep checking if everything is in order, no stuck units/vehicles etc, etc, (can't help myself)), and when I open the Zeus, the map is flooded with locations of anomalies, not only is clogging my computer but it's also a *little* bit game breaking... is there any workaround so I can access the Zeus without seeing the anomalies at all?

38 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

a good helicopter patrol script?

What exacly you mean ?

For the STALKER-like anomalies you should ask him in his topic.

Since it's his script he will definitelly know more !

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

What exacly you mean ?

Ahhh nevermind, I got it working. Well a simple script that spawns helicopter that's flying around the map, patrolling (move & cycle).

• Like 1

@haleks if you still around and interested in continuing ravage mod dev , I have a few more recommendations :

1. Zombies dirty uniforms : the clothes do look better when they are covered with dirt and such , but on some clothes (for example - priest ropes, coats and such - CUP's units one) it looks really strange and reminds me of a "glitched" texture. Well , its quad-bike dirt rvmat , so I understand why...   Have you considered applying the vanilla injured (blood all over the clothes) rvmats instead , so the zeds will be covered with blood instead?

One of the following:

Spoiler

"A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat"};

I've tested the coveralls_injury and it looks really nice , like if the zeds had a major banquet lately 😉

Spoiler

ef8B671.jpg
d7FEaey.jpg

mk3Mc8u.jpg
JXQbn3G.jpg
Zos8p1p.jpg

2. While running Exile mod , I had to use Exilez spawner to spawn zeds.  And what I really liked about it is the total control of how/when/where they will spawn. With Ravage it feels like you have only a partial control over the spawned zeds. Since I heavily use the zombies modules I would like you to consider adding features like:

- Integrating some kind of a loot drop script , to make zombies drop loot when killed. I know its easy to implement , for example with GF loot drop script.
- Possibility of adding vests/backpacks/head-wear/face-wear to zombies, the same way we add custom uniforms override list.
- Direct control over the zed type. At the moment Ravage have Walking, Running & Bolting zeds, wouldn't it be better just to use % value for each ?  walkers_pos=50% , runner_pos=40%, bolters_pos=10%. like so...

I know all of the above is possible to do with 3-rd party custom scripts, but maybe you will be in favor of adding it directly to zeds spawn module so the server owners/mission creators will have it all in one package.

3.  Bleeding & infection chance when hit by zombies.  I miss the extra challenge of not being hit by zeds or you will have to deal with consequences, such as cleaning the wound / infection , looking for bandages or bleed out,  looking for that holy grail of anti-virus injector , having to deal with health deterioration because of the infection.

4.  Adding 4-th extra tough zed type which will appear only during night time.  This one may be tricky, since it will require a new model and animations for it to be added.  Thats why this is at the bottom 😉

• Like 5
  • Confused 1