Trying to find a way to have finer control over the Editor placed zombies units. Is there any way to override their current behaviour? I'm looking to have them guard, or at the very least remain close too, an objective for the player.

Setting "Wandering Behaviour" between 0-10 works great for zombies spawned by both Ambient and Horde modules, however I only want to use my hand placed "Boss" zeds, and they are misbehaving and wander off from the players objective...Ideally I'd like to keep them within a 10-20 meters radius from the players objective. 

9 minutes ago, EO said:

Trying to find a way to have finer control over the Editor placed zombies units. Is there any way to override their current behaviour? I'm looking to have them guard, or at the very least remain close too, an objective for the player.

Setting "Wandering Behaviour" between 0-10 works great for zombies spawned by both Ambient and Horde modules, however I only want to use my hand placed "Boss" zeds, and they are misbehaving and wander off from the players objective...Ideally I'd like to keep them within a 10-20 meters radius from the players objective. 

You could try grouping zeds with a gamelogic - they should stay close to it.

• Thanks 1

Damn... I promised meself I would get F3llout ready for a release, and ended up turning Altis into a quarantine zone à la Annihilation (shit movie, nice photo).

Spoiler

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Hint : those trees are not hand placed.

• Like 7

Cool pics man, Tanoa trees on Altis look fab! ^^

Annihilation suffered badly from a few things....It would have played out much better if it were shown in a cinema having been directed by David Cronenberg, the master of viral mutations. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EO said:

Tanoa trees on Altis look fab!

looks pretty neat indeed!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, haleks said:

You could try grouping zeds with a gamelogic - they should stay close to it.

Och, these guys are being single-minded and downright stubborn, they're still wandering. I'd like them to guard the loudspeakers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EO said:

Och, these guys are being single-minded and downright stubborn, they're still wandering. I'd like them to guard the loudspeakers...

Okay, aux grands maux les grands remèdes, put this in its init field :

this spawn {
	_uStayThere = getpos _this;
	while {alive _this} do {
		sleep 1;
		if (_this distance _uStayThere > 15 && isNil {_this getVariable "_zTarget"}) then {
			_this doMove _uStayThere;
			_this forceSpeed 2;
		};
	};
};

The behaviour process for non-agent zombies is a bit outdated, I'll have to change a few things in there.

By the way, my Patreon is on! I'll update some stuff soon, but you can have a look, tell me what you think and pledge :

become_a_patron_button.png

Let's see how it goes... If you have any suggestion about the Tiers, don't hesitate!

• Like 7

thanks man, i'll try out that "great remedy" later. ^^

Awesome news about you Patreon page man, I wish you the best of luck and hope it bears some fruit for all your labours of love.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

By the way, my Patreon is on!

So we can donate any additional amount we want correct? I think I read the page correctly. (I can go over $5 correct?)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

(I can go over $5 correct?)

Yeah man, you can make a custom pledge, and you can also edit your custom pledge amount at any time.   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EO said:

Yeah man, you can make a custom pledge, and you can also edit your custom pledge amount at any time.   

B-E-A-UTIFUL! I shall make my account and donate! Thanks 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys - let's hope it's the beginning of a success story, I have so much stuff in store!

I want to start "big" for the very first subscribers : probably a preview build of F3llout. It is one very demanding project, and one I just can't finish anytime soon without more support.

If supporters help me fulfilling my vision on this, I reckon they deserve a taste already. The current build has some very nice features I haven't teased yet.

For now, the plan is to update subscribers rewards at least once a month (I'll update the patreon page with more informations), more if I can - the more subscribers, the more time I can spare.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Okay, aux grands maux les grands remèdes, put this in its init field :

Holy smokes man, that works perfectly and really adds the finishing touch to a mission idea I've toyed with for a wee while now. :f: 

Edit, here's the code in action...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haleks said:

By the way, my Patreon is on! I'll update some stuff soon, but you can have a look, tell me what you think and pledge :

become_a_patron_button.png

Let's see how it goes... If you have any suggestion about the Tiers, don't hesitate!

Point of Honor I became a Patreon OFC - all the hours of gaming joy you, haleks, have gifted to me, demand this without question!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Damn... 2 days after I changed this in Ravage...

Fixed: AI directional radio reports now again use the relative direction from a formation instead of the world direction

tired.png

It looks like I'll have to revert on those changes before RC hits stable branch.

• Haha 2

Haleks been a bit old friend, if i may make a suggestion, it would be to use the same avatar you have here, and one i use for the Ravage utube channel, to also use it on your patreon.

Your avatar is considered your "brand" in marketing so to speak when people see a "face" connected with an item that was created by that face (person) then an association is created,

the repetition of that association and the word of mouth, and any other aspects of info about that item anywhere else, an identity is created.

The more people see your avatar and your work, and what you do overall, the greater the response to it.  Just a thought.

In other news Ravage Utube channel is at 246 subs, so slowly growing, are people just not recording vids for ravage or is my search words in utube not enough, because i get 1 vid maybe 2 a week,

sometimes none at all, and as much as this thread is buzzing constantly im not surprised utube aint flooded with videos, what gives you guys?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

In other news Ravage Utube channel is at 246 subs, so slowly growing, are people just not recording vids for ravage or is my search words in utube not enough, because i get 1 vid maybe 2 a week,

sometimes none at all, and as much as this thread is buzzing constantly im not surprised utube aint flooded with videos, what gives you guys?

Well, I’ve thought about making a YouTube channel mainly for this, and a Twitch, but I’m still hesitant, not sure why? :down: I need to just start getting into it, but then again my editing time would possibly go bye-bye if I do this as well, so I’m in a pickle.... My Girlfriend Makes YouTube videos all the time haha, idk guys, maybe I’ll jump into videos and halt on the editing for awhile... Who knows... :shrug:

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I no longer use YouTube, with the exception of occasional streaming (which does not get saved) and sometimes I will upload a clip from Twitch. I just realized I was putting way too much time and effort into it and simply did not get a response from the viewers. For example... I spent at least 8 hours in one day editing and working on one of the Ravage videos I did (this does not count actual recording and gameplay, just editing). The whole goal was to showcase what Ravage is or could be for people. I just checked and that video only has 892 views and it's three years old. I simply couldn't justify continuing to work so hard on something that was going largely unnoticed. Especially when 10 second videos of people farting are getting millions of hits with seemingly little to no effort. I can't connect with the audience and it goes both ways.

I'm also not a big fan of the censorship that YouTube have involved itself in. I also received two letters in the mail with invites to class action suits against Google and YouTube for ripping their users off in various ways. Just another reason to not do business with these people. However... I still stream Ravage in some form at least a couple of times a month on Twitch.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I just checked and that video only has 892 views and it's three years old. I simply couldn't justify continuing to work so hard on something that was going largely unnoticed.

Is this the video your referring too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xVdT96o_I

I looked at your tags and everything and your not getting more views because you dont rank at all, you cant just post a video,

put in tags of what you think works and expect views, it dont work like that.

Utube like google is a search engine, it requires certain tags that will be recognized by the engine, people cant view it if you dont put it in front of them.

Theres alot of things that determine if your video will get views, the title, description, tags, thumbnail, the audience,

how old the video is, whats in the description, did you share the video or just post it on your channel and thats it?

892 views imo is pretty decent for that video, you want more views to it, then look at your other videos that are getting more views, like 1k and more

and see what you did there, theres a formula to all this, its math and emotion.

Your last video, heres your tags:

infected warzones,warzones,arma 3,dayz,frankieonpc,sadaplays,jarskie,maca,frankieonpcin1080p,yarys,exile mod,modding,breaking point mod,breaking point

your first tag here ranks #1 which is good but thats only because there is no other competition for the same tag and subject, so your views are limited because of that,

the rest of them wont work and wont get you views as they have nothing to do with your video.

I will show you a video of mine where most of the tags rank #1: http://prntscr.com/mmpqqh

See the box at the right, thats a tool i use called tube buddy, it helps you analyze your videos, and do proper searches, but basically the

number 1 in the green box means if you searched that tag in utube it will be at the top of the search list.

The number in the box determines its position in search, so lets take a look at that see----> http://prntscr.com/mmptck

i typed in the 1st tag in from my list and my video ranks 1 for that term, above lord primates who has 6kviews in 4yrs, mine 4kviews in 1 year.

How did i do it? I looked at the highest ranking vids, and seen what tags were being used, as well as what my vid was about, which revolves around the title of the video.

The video ranks 1 because of the tags, and not just once many times so you have ALOT of people with different search terms which i all rank #1 for, i funneled all these people

into that one video, plus imo my video is alot simpler, more formal then his, more structured, and has a better thumbnail.

Search for the top ranking videos related to your video's content, and use their tags, thats just one tip. I've had videos that were old and not getting much for views, til i

changed the thumbnail, tags and making them rank, and added more to the description did they start getting views.

Anyways about all i can tell you atm.

• Like 5

@Gunter Severloh

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing!

PS: I used your mod signature guide video recently - very well done!

cheers

vd

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ernave said:

Is the mod, "Ravage CUP" still needed?  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1392780600

It appears that the Ravage mod itself is turning off the lights on Altis. The lights are still off even if I have Ravage CUP disabled.

So, are there additional changes in Ravage CUP that I would want? Thanks.

The Altis map is not a CUP map, so no, Ravage CUP is not needed. Hope this helps! 🙂

Thanks Vandenson,

Im not an expert, im still learning myself, videos have a bit to them, part of the trick is to upload videos on a regular bases, and 2+ vids a week is ideal, more the merrier,

i try to get one a week myself, but time, energy and motivation are whats my limit, no thanks to my full time 3rd shift job 😒

Youtube system/algorithm actually scans your videos, your channel, the content, your voice, subject,. and other aspects, then formulates what best audience is for

that subject. thats why when you get on utube you get vids recommended to you based on a certain subject, also deals with viewers viewing habits,

and what they watch, its all profiling.

Like marketing/advertising if you will, a thumbnail or the pic on the vid in other words is like the storefront for that video, if its not appealing, dont stand out,

doesn't grab your attention and interest then most likely you will pass it by. Also consider that the title of the vid influences your decision to watch the video, alot of factors involved.

Another point to keep in mind is that if your channel is a cluster of different subjects then those videos will get less views, then a channel with all if not most of the videos were the same or close in subject.

People will subscribe to your videos based on many reasons - the videos they watched they like, you for what you do in a community they are in, and other things.

Creating videos, and putting them on your channel is a whole subject in its own, its a hobby, job, and whatever else for people, but like anything to get anywhere at it,

you have to do your due diligence, and do your homework, research, and learn about what your doing, or you get meager results.

Just remember that failure at something is a matter of perspective, its a result, like success, or achievement at something, are all results.

If you get 25 views on your video, thats 25 people that have watched your video, thats still alot of people, take 25 people and have them all sit in your front room to watch your video,

they are all interested thats why they are there, just be thankful for what you do get and achieve, want more? Get better, and give.

Videos may be about what you like to do, and your channel etc,. but it comes down to what your giving the audience, Watch these 2 videos, and this goes with anything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4yzX0xhc5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS9gWEQg2FQ&t

You get out of it what you put into it, like Ravage mod here, you know why Ravage became so popular?

Because you have an author that cares about what he does, and loves his work, loves his community and fans, and keeps working on the mod, it grows

because of the community too, the fans and Haleks make all this happen at the same time.

Every big name on this thread EO, Tourist, Vandeason, rsoftokz,Kodabar,MuRaZorWitchKING,Cosmic, myself, and many of the regulars here,

forgive me for not mentioning some, but all you regulars influence the direction of the mod, as you can see Haleks has fixed and added alot

of things based on your feedback and interest. Back on topic -------------> RAVAGE!

• Like 7