4 hours ago, chernaruski said:

Maybe I'm missing something,   but I think main mod should be separated from any scenario / mission ...

I see it slightly differently, the showcases are self explanatory, to showcase what Ravage can offer, and they have equal worth in the complete Ravage package. 

Who are we to question how/when/why this mod (or any mod for that matter) is updated or structured, Ravage has been created for free and then generously shared for our own pleasures. (btw haleks, how's the Patreon page coming along?)

Regarding server management, it takes but a few minutes to update a server with an updated mod and server key (it's still a relatively lightweight mod) and in it's history, Ravage has rarely been micro-updated or hot-fixed. 

So for me, these showcases have their place within Ravage and I would imagine these showcases also pique haleks enthusiasm to come up with even more content and features for Ravage further down the line, so we all profit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chernaruski said:

its poor practice to join them with main framework and update mod because of them. Micro-updates of missions/scenarios don't add much to the fundamental features of this mod that most of multiplayer users or mission creators are using because...well they create their own thing using Ravage

The only bad thing about the scenarios being included... are people assuming that the scenario is the actual Ravage mod itself. I've seen a lot of comments from people who say things like "Ravage is too hard" and then you realize they are talking about the test demo that comes with the mod. I wonder how many people have confused the two? Having said that... I see absolutely nothing wrong with including test demos or missions for people to play. It does not take away from anything. It only adds to the experience that the Ravage mod is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As much as I love you mod and all your hard work, I do have to agree with @chernaruski. I use Ravage on a live MP server and it is a little frustrating to have to update the mod this close to am already update. However this is my two cents. I still enjoy your work and please keep giving us great content.

• Like 1

Who are we to question how/when/why this mod (or any mod for that matter) is updated or structured, Ravage has been created for free and then generously shared for our own pleasures. (btw haleks, how's the Patreon page coming along?)

No one is questioning anything here , I've only asked if its possible to separate the two.  Maybe you misunderstood me,  it was never my intention to tell anyone when and how to manage things. Just posting my opinion.

Regarding server management, it takes but a few minutes to update a server with an updated mod and server key (it's still a relatively lightweight mod) and in it's history, Ravage has rarely been micro-updated or hot-fixed. 

Its not a problem ,  just a nuisance if micro-updates continue, so I wanted Haleks to be aware of MP server side keys issue.

• Like 2

The mod is very lightweight and is easy to update, however, getting to be able to do those updates for the server is another thing. In the time that you have released this mod on the workshop, i have been using this mod in all my MP servers and everyone loves the features that it has (especially the zombies). 

20 hours ago, EO said:

btw haleks, how's the Patreon page coming along?

Slowly. emo.png

I spent the last week ends on both Ravage and Myst, and making some music too (gosh it's been ages since I published something).

This week should be calmer though, I might get it done soon...

• Like 3

On 10/24/2015 at 8:25 PM, haleks said:

[the horde module] is a one time thing, no respawn or anything.

Is it possible to have a trigger that counts the number of zombies in its radius and spawns a new horde if there are too few?

Where I'm going with this is, I've been putting hordes in cities. It's a great effect, but eventually they get depleted, particularly if an AI vehicle patrol comes by.

I haven't looked, but I bet the module is already calling a function, so I could have a trigger that does the same thing. What I'm unsure about is counting the existing ones.

Thanks.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ernave said:

Is it possible to have a trigger that counts the number of zombies in its radius and spawns a new horde if there are too few?

Where I'm going with this is, I've been putting hordes in cities. It's a great effect, but eventually they get depleted, particularly if an AI vehicle patrol comes by.

I haven't looked, but I bet the module is already calling a function, so I could have a trigger that does the same thing. What I'm unsure about is counting the existing ones.

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do for another update, meanwhile yes, you can do this with a repeatable trigger :

condition check (set it to "any player, present" with a short timer) :
this && (({_x inArea thisTrigger} count (entities [["zombie"], [], false, true])) < 5)
onActivation :
[_pos, _type, _fastNum, _hordeSize, _hordeRadius, _triggerRadius, _hordeBehaviour, _z_uniforms] spawn rvg_fnc_horde_spawn;

Params :
_pos = spawn pos, you can use "position thistrigger"
_hordeType = possible values are "Runners", "Walkers" and "Both"
_crawlersFactor = percentage of bolter zombies
_hordeSize = number of zeds
_hordeRadius = how far zeds spawn from _pos
_triggerRadius = player distance check before zed spawns
_hordeBehaviour = True or False. If true, spawns a group of zombie units instead of agents. False is recommended
_uniforms = Array of uniforms for this horde, or empty string

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, haleks said:

making some music too (gosh it's been ages since I published something).

Ever thought about using your music within future Ravage projects...

• Like 1

Just now, EO said:

Ever thought about using your music within future Ravage projects...

Haha yeah, that one track I made for Fallujah 2047 was the most fun I had in a while!

In some ways making music for video games is much easier than making something more personal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, haleks said:

making music for video games

Wow, Haleks is a renaissance man!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, music adds a whole new depth into scenarios... It adds a whole new feel and atmosphere to any game. Can’t wait to hear what you come up with next! 

• Like 2

Hello friends,

I have finally been able to release my script pack as a mod.

It was made with Ravage in mind and I hope you will find it useful as a tool for your ravage mission making;)

Vandeanson's Apocalypse

Subscribe if you like, and adjust the settings via CBA3 right in eden editor while setting up your ravage mission.

Cheers

VD

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, haleks said:

_triggerRadius = player distance check before zed spawns

Am I right in thinking this means no zed will spawn _triggerRadius meters from a player?

Speaking of music for games, I thought about creating some ambiental/experimental tracks and contribute them to/for Ravage.

I'm no scripter, but I love creating music.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ernave said:

Am I right in thinking this means no zed will spawn _triggerRadius meters from a player?

No, it means : if a player is closer to the module than _triggerRadius, then the module becomes active and spawns zombies.

There is no safe distance check from players, so you have to make sure _hordeRadius  stays small compared to _triggerRadius.

1 hour ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Speaking of music for games, I thought about creating some ambiental/experimental tracks and contribute them to/for Ravage.

I'm no scripter, but I love creating music.

If you do, I'll be happy to listen to them  - there's no such thing as "too much music" in a video game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, haleks said:

if a player is closer to the module than _triggerRadius, then the module becomes active and spawns zombies.

whoa. So, since I'm using this in a trigger, there's a trigger activation distance too.

If the trigger activates at 500 meters and calls rvg_fnc_horde_spawn with _triggerRadius=100 meters, does rvg_fnc_horde_spawn do nothing? Or is it in a loop waiting for the player to get to 100 meters?

Second question: I've also been using triggers to spawn bandit camps using rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp. I usually also add a zombie safe zone (so the AI aren't constantly shooting zombies near their base). Is there a way to add the safe zone within trigger code rather than putting down the safe zone system?

Hello there to all Ravagers !

I just got out from one whole week in hospital and just logged in ! 

and i can see a lot of new stuff are going here !

Thanks Haleks for your ideas !

Keep it up as always !

Every kind of news will , ( try to ) be added in the BI Ravage Club forum as well !

There is a new topic "Blacklist Reports" By chernaruski  ,

that it is a report list , for all these Steam Mods , that use Haleks's work for their own .

[ despite Haleks's clear statement "You may not reupload this mod on Steam" ]

So news also available in :

Thanks everyone !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ernave said:

I usually also add a zombie safe zone (so the AI aren't constantly shooting zombies near their base). Is there a way to add the safe zone within trigger code rather than putting down the safe zone system?

You can create a zedBlacklist zone via a trigger...

Spoiler

GT5FM2z.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EO said:

create a zedBlacklist zone

cool.

In the condition block, what the difference between the default, which is "this" and what you have there?

14 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

one whole week in hospital

I hope you work there! Else I wish good recovery! 🙏

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

I hope you work there! Else I wish good recovery! 🙏

Thank you very much Vandeanson , i'll be home for now !!! ( NOTHING BETTER than home ! )

• Like 4

Small, somehow ravage related update on my mod:

v1.1 has been published with some bugfixes and new features:

Vandeanson's Apocalypse

The mess in the debug zone should be history - i had a serious word with the Shipwreck spawner - it should behave now;)

The Medical site spawner should cause less trouble now as well.

Generally, if something spawns in the debug zone due to  placement issues, it will be deleted and the sitespawn restarts.

I added options for players to respawn randomly (needs the setting respawn at position of death enables). You can set the max range from your position of death, that you may respawn.

AI and player can now be spawned with the ravage equipper, based on your ravage gear settings.

66B9CC3C050E7D068BE11C55A99EC6DB9F72CBE6

The No Rest! spawner is active now (if you slack around, a hunter AI might come after you) 

CUP Terrain - Core is needed to spawn the sites in full glory, but the scripts work without it too, the site just spawn with less features.

For now I will not add it as a dependency.

I added some installation guidance as well.

enjoy;)

cheers

vd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

hunter AI might come after you

Ohhh, it's that Left 4 Dead feeling when you're hanging in one place for too much, you automatically spawn a horde that homes in directly on you, good work VD!

• Like 1

I think allowing respawn camps and putting in the necessary code in the initplayer etc. for some reason stops survivable crashes working in MP. what could cause this>? It causes the player to die every time,