What would happen if I select the Chernarus preset and start playing on Altis?

10 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

What would happen if I select the Chernarus preset and start playing on Altis?

It would depend on what supported equipment/weapons mods you have enabled at the time,  I think those presets are linked to the supported addons, they will filter equipment from the selected addons to create a "look" relative to the map selected in the preset....

....however, I could be way off the mark here, in which case just pay me no mind. :don11: 

• Like 4

Happy to see the "Dirty Uniforms" is applied to all supported addons, however gorkas and hooded uniforms from CUP and RHS produce this anomaly...

...probably not a Ravage bug, but more to do with the uniform models from RHS/CUP.

Vanilla and Friths uniforms are unaffected.

• Like 4

If you all still haven’t checked out “The Burning Rain” you may enjoy it!! All is updated and running smoothly, even added in the dirty uniforms setting from Ravage! You all are welcome to it, shoot me pointers, or thoughts! ;) 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1628963754

• Like 6

Hey guys, I'm using HG's simple weapons shop and I have everything set up, there's now only one problem. This needs to be added into every units init if the unit is placed in the editor.

[_unit] call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup

There have been numerous replies in response to being able to use it in ravage or zombies & demons in the topic itself, however HoverGuy states that it wasn't made for ravage but it can be implemented. This was 2 years ago though, so I'm wondering if there's any way I can use that code above and have it apply to every spawned AI/zombie "Unit" across the map with the exception of blufor units obviously. The reason this post is in here is because I'm currently under the assumption that there might be a place in any of the ravage files that I would have to place that code upon any AI or zombies spawning. If not then please do let me know either way. Thank you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, socs said:

needs to be added into every units init if the unit is placed in the editor.

No you can spawn everything dynamic and also for the spawned units !

Without testing

BECAUSE IT IS    ***A WORKING PUBLISHED CODE***    WILL WORK !

• Except if Socs , has make an error with this  3 word Function !

try :

Spoiler

//________________  Author : GEORGE FLOROS [GR] ___________ 11.01.19 _____________

/*
________________ GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup Script - Mod ________________

Please keep the Credits or add them to your Diary

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/SQF_syntax
Don't try to open this with the simple notepad.
For everything that is with comment  //  in front  or between /*
means that it is disabled , so there is no need to delete the extra lines.

You can open this ex:
with notepad++
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

and also use the extra pluggins
(this way will be better , it will give also some certain colors to be able to detect ex. problems )
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8680

or use any other program for editing .

For the Compilation List of my GF Script - Mods , you can search in:
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/215850-compilation-list-of-my-gf-Script - Mods/
*/

//________________	You can add in the init of a unit to exclude 	________________	
//	this setVariable ["Var_GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup", true];

//________________ Settings ________________
//________________ Set true or false  ________________

_Systemchat_info								= true;
_diag_log_info									= true;	

GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_to_Certain_Classnames		= true;	
GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_on_Respawn	= true;	

if(_Systemchat_info) then {
systemchat "GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup Script - Mod Initializing";
};

if(_diag_log_info) then {
diag_log "//________________	GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup Script - Mod Initializing	_____________";
diag_log "//________________	GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup.sqf	_____________";
};

//________________ You can add an Exclude List  ________________

GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Exclude_List = [
	//	Ravage zombies
	"zombie_bolter",		// check if you want to remove these classnames 
	"zombie_runner",
	"zombie_walker",

"B_Pilot_F",
	"B_Fighter_Pilot_F",
	"B_Helipilot_F",
	"B_helicrew_F",
	"B_soldier_PG_F",

"O_Pilot_F",
	"O_Fighter_Pilot_F",
	"O_helipilot_F",
	"O_helicrew_F",
	"O_soldier_PG_F",

"I_pilot_F",
	"I_Fighter_Pilot_F",
	"I_helipilot_F",
	"I_helicrew_F"
]; 

//________________ Certain Classnames option ________________

//________________ add the Classnames , that will change the loadout for the Certain Classnames option ________________

GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Riflemen = [
	"B_Soldier_F",
	"B_Soldier_lite_F"
];

//________________ add the Classnames , that will change the loadout for the Certain Classnames option ________________

GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Sniper = [
	"B_sniper_F",
	"B_spotter_F"
];

GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup = {

//________________	GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_to_Certain_Classnames	________________	
//________________	check your directory	________________

if(GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_to_Certain_Classnames) then {

//________________	add here your case	________________

//	Rifleman
if(typeof _this in GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Riflemen) then {[_this]call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;};

//	Sniper
if(typeof _this in GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Sniper) then {[_this]call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;};

//	if + allunits, uncomment below :

if(
	//________________	add here your cases	________________

(!(typeof _this in GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Riflemen))
	&& (!(typeof _this in GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Sniper))

) then {
	[_this]call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;
	};

} else {

//________________	allunits	________________

[_this]call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;
};

//________________	Change_Loadout_on_Respawn	________________	

if (GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_on_Respawn) then {

_this addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
	params ["_unit", "_corpse"];
	_unit setVariable ["Var_GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup",false];
}];
};

};

[] spawn {
	while {true} do {		
		{		
		if (
		((alive _x)) 
		&& (!(_x getVariable ["Var_GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup",false])) 
		&& (!((typeOf _x) in GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup_Exclude_List)) 

/*
		//________________	You can filter the side here	________________	
		&& {((side group _x) isEqualto west || 
			(side group _x) isEqualto east || 
			(side group _x) isEqualto independent || 
			(side group _x) isEqualto civilian)}
		*/

//	&& (side group _x isEqualto playerSide)
		//	&& (!(side group _x isEqualto playerSide))

) then {

_x spawn GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;

};						
			_x setVariable ["Var_GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup",true];
			{waitUntil {!alive _x};
			_x setVariable ["Var_GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup",false];		 
			};
		}forEach allUnits;
		sleep 5;
	};
};		

if(_Systemchat_info) then {
systemchat "GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup Script - Mod Initialized";
};

if(_diag_log_info) then {
diag_log "//________________	GF_HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup Script - Mod Initialized	_____________";
};

Edited by GEORGE FLOROS GR
The code was this way so everyone to take a look. If i understand there might be enough Guys who are still searching.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Without testing try :

Please consider this. For me there is nothing on this planet more frustrating than people who post random code that is not tested in the BI forums. It is THIS EXACT REASON that I almost gave up modding two years ago. Understand that this can lead to massive time dumps for people who are trying to learn. I have spent hundreds of hours of my life trying to use untested code that random people post in forums only to discover the code does not work. Please put code in hidden quotes so it is not so difficult for people who want to read through the conversations without seeing large boxes of code (that is untested)

28 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Please consider this. For me there is nothing on this planet more frustrating than people who post random code that is not tested in the BI forums. It is THIS EXACT REASON that I almost gave up modding two years ago. Understand that this can lead to massive time dumps for people who are trying to learn. I have spent hundreds of hours of my life trying to use untested code that random people post in forums only to discover the code does not work. Please put code in hidden quotes so it is not so difficult for people who want to read through the conversations without seeing large boxes of code (that is untested)

Okay, for one, this was a reply to my question... Two, if you did your research, George does more testing with scripts on this forum than anyone else that I know... If you took the time to snoop around, he creates his own (self tested) scripts for multiple things... You shouldn't be arrogant when it comes to someone else actually taking the time out of their day to design a custom script for one person. It's a very poor attitude to have especially when you can easily scroll past it... Otherwise, if you do need it, appreciate the fact that he created a script to fit our needs instead of complaining that you have to test it on your own because it's something YOU asked for.. Other than that, I hope you have a better day man.. Enjoy the script if you needed it.

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if it works. Thank you!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

---

Alright, so i tried this, and it works perfectly! Now, to get rewards for killing the zombies, I just remove it from the exclude list correct? I appreciate the script! It helped a bunch! Will leave credit where it's due!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, socs said:

You shouldn't be arrogant when it comes to someone else actually taking the time out of their day to design a custom script for one person. It's a very poor attitude to have especially when you can easily scroll past it

It's not arrogant of me to point out that large posts (with untested code) which are not hidden properly in quotes may contribute to a lesser form of forum etiquette. I made that post for informative reasons, not to break someone's heart. Some people just are not aware of these things. It's not an attack to point it out.

• Like 1

I would agree on a forum etiquette to at least prevent having to scroll and for the benefit of both sides, that best hide the

code in a spoiler and then George could make it apparent whats there with a nice title.

If the code works which it does according to SOCS then Im sure George will add it to his compilation list, which I also suggest @GEORGE FLOROS GR should have his

Compilation list of scripts linked in his sig so folks dont have to search for it. Just a thought. :)

Ravage Utube Channel - (linked in my sig)

If you guys have videos on Ravage that you would like to see on the Ravage Utube channel let me know because sometimes with my search

folks dont name their videos with ravage in the title, and i always use Ravage arma3 in my search, whatever comes up i add to the channel.

Steam Workshop Mission Collections

I have 2 collections, 1 for SP, and 1 for MP, if you guys have missions on steam workshop that aren't in the collections, let me know

and i'll add them, i always use Ravage in my weekly search.

The lists im referring too:

SP - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1306916411

MP - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1306924295

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

code does not work.

10 hours ago, socs said:

Okay, for one, this was a reply to my question...

9 hours ago, socs said:

Alright, so i tried this, and it works perfectly!

8 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

linked in his sig

******************************************************************************************************************

11 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Without testing

BECAUSE IT IS    ***A WORKING PUBLISHED CODE***    WILL WORK !

• Except if Socs , has make an error with this  3 word Function !

******************************************************************************************************************

So listen Guys to my story !!

I woke up at 5 o clock Greece Time in the Morning , in order to be in the Athens hospital on 6,

and i decided to check , how the BI Forum Ravage Club is going , since i am the admin there , in order to Welcome all the New members , for the Guys that  , i don't know them.

So i notice my Follower Socs's post and thought ,

lets reply , as i understood this might be needed to a lot of guys actually.

This was why i left my small code there , - like 3 scrolls- in order everyone to get in and see what is this about.

This is why i spend just a little bit of my time , in order to help.

So else the post above is fixed.

Thanks !

• Like 3

On 24/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, bl2ck dog said:
On 16/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, Vandeanson said:

I keep having troubles with ravage AI units spawning without uniforms. (weapons, vests, backpacks, items... work fine).

In my equipment module setup, I have limited Vanilla gear and set adjusted the equipment settings of ravage to use CUP gear only.

I will need to do some more testing and will provide the error report (it refers to an issue in line 29 of the ravage equipment function.)

I have had that issue occur multiple times now in various mod set ups in the past.

General question - is anyone familiar with this issue? I cannot recall having seen this discussion here but I might have missed it.

@haleks maybe I've missed the answer, but is there a fix?

Right now I'm using a delay, but it depends on PC quality:

1) on my PC it sometimes still spawn units without uniforms (even after 2 minute delay)

2) on Dedicated Server it seems to be way too long - enemies manage to start attacking the base, while all the defenders still waiting to get their gear.

Is there another way to resolve it?

I'm going to check this and see if i can help , with my scripting approach , for the current issue.

What causes a looooong time to save a gameplay? I waited like 15 minutes if not more to save, and even more to exit. Then, I waited like 25 minutes my scenario to load up. Then I saw my previous savegame was 450mb. 

Is scenario overstuffed with items doing this? I have 3-4 abandoned bases, (all on dynamic simulation + simple objects), and 20-30ish creates scattered throughout the map with rvg_fill in init.

As I don't have a powerful rig, should I keep it simple? Everything was working fine, it just happened suddenly when I reached the AAC airfield, which contained a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I'm going to check this and see if i can help , with my scripting approach , for the current issue.

Just to confirm, I just remove units from the exclude list if I want them to count as kill rewards correct?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

It's not arrogant of me to point out that large posts (with untested code) which are not hidden properly in quotes may contribute to a lesser form of forum etiquette. I made that post for informative reasons, not to break someone's heart. Some people just are not aware of these things. It's not an attack to point it out.

No but it's arrogant when you revolve the conversation around yourself, in which the majority of the paragraph you wrote was basically about your problem with it.. Sure the forum etiquette could be accounted for but it took you but a second or two to scroll past it... It really wasn't THAT big of a deal.. You spent more time writing that out than you did scrolling past it... Anyhow I'm not here to continue the arguing anymore, enjoy your day man..

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, socs said:

Just to confirm, I just remove units from the exclude list if I want them to count as kill rewards correct?

The code ( hg function ) will work as your will select your options and it will not work , for the exclude list classnames.

The original code is from this script :

So you can get in this topic  , for more available examples.

If this works as intended , then you should make a post to the HG script , in order everyone to get benefit from !

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

What causes a looooong time to save a gameplay? I waited like 15 minutes if not more to save, and even more to exit. Then, I waited like 25 minutes my scenario to load up. Then I saw my previous savegame was 450mb. 

Is scenario overstuffed with items doing this? I have 3-4 abandoned bases, (all on dynamic simulation + simple objects), and 20-30ish creates scattered throughout the map with rvg_fill in init.

As I don't have a powerful rig, should I keep it simple? Everything was working fine, it just happened suddenly when I reached the AAC airfield, which contained a lot of stuff.

I’ve seen this before, it has nothing to do with your rig... when ROBAX did a video on my scenario a few months ago he ran into the same issue... And It has nothing to do with file size either “The Burning Rain” is a quarter of a gigabyte and my loads are decently fast... I’m thinking it possibly has something to do with file patching.. Not sure though. 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler
23 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

You see @Donnie_Plays

This is your thanks to me ,

despite that i helped you in private , to update and fix the GF Crashite First edition Script  , in order to use this in you mission's server  and i really don't remember even to mention my work , or even just click a like at least , but you are coming here like a 15 years old child , to add another reply , just to talk.

You know a Man , is always made by his actions , attitude and behaviour.

I also don't think so , that i have joined to Minecraft Forums either.

• Like 1

I had no idea you were keeping track of likes or stats on a forum. I pay little to no attention to things like this. This is the Ravage thread. If you want to start a drama thread, feel free to do so. I will not be participating. You shouldn't take things so harshly George. I wanted to emphasize the importance of properly hiding and quoting bodies of code in forum replies.

2 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

This is the Ravage thread. If you want to start a drama thread, feel free to do so.

Ok but don't make me laugh more !

I had enough , thanks !

@haleks

I am a bit late with my 2 cents on the topic, but i think patreon could be a nice idea.

however, I am not sure how much extra work that will generate and if arma 3 is still a game in general that can provide a big enough pool of potential users that are then also interessted in survival and ravage.

i recently checked arma twitch streams and viewers per stream - the numbers were humbeling.

you ve got my sub however. :slayer:

vd

• Like 3