I think @bl2ck dog was looking for the var name of the array produced by Ravage itself - wich is rvg_launchers.

1 minute ago, haleks said:

I think @bl2ck dog was looking for the var name of the array produced by Ravage itself - wich is rvg_launchers.

Yes, thank you very much, that was exactly what I was looking for.

@Vandeanson

That's not what I meant, but thank you anyway, this actually might have another application.

• Like 1

There is a server running to test the zombies population ? if not i can set up one dedicated server

5 minutes ago, damsous said:

population

Spoiler

This is the name that i have given to my project ! :wiggle:

How can I add additional edible items? I've added them to the "lootLists.sqf" so they spawn and added their nutrition values in "survival_init.sqf". I was looking into the 'eat.sqf' but nothing there... nothing comes to my mind. I have the items in the game, but nothing happens when I double click on them. Is there a way to tell the mod what is edible what is not?

Or maybe the mod is simply locked on the already chosen edible items?

On 20/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Valken said:

PS: Last minute idea --- any body can create a custom patch for us BIS Forum Ravagers? :D

Just messing around !

- happy kid hour !

2daPah6.png

• Like 2

Currently in development of a post apocalyptic style terrain, and had a question regarding the furniture spawn script. Is there anyway I could use that script to somehow spawn furniture in Eden so I can export to Terrain Builder to have built into the map? Or would that be too costly on performance, you think? Couldn't remember the exact specifics of the script, and how it spawned spawned/cached furniture. Thanks.

Same would go for the ambient wrecks feature as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acoustic said:

Hello acoustic !

-Nice to here for your creation !-

If i understand correctly by placing more objects with a script will always have impact on the performace  ( counting more objects etc ).

So is differently situation if you spawn for ex : 300 extra buildings from having a map created with ex . the double .

It's  also better if you spawn the object if it's possible as simple objects :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Simple_Objects

So maybe if you can create a composition of the house and the inner and port this to the builder , then it would be probably better.

I don't know , i'm just guessing!

Because RL, just sporadically coming to ArmA. Must say, Chernarus_Redux is awesome (especially, they got the colors right) and it's working very well performance wise. Lot's of fun doing quick Ravage missions on it. Because of the increased and bigger foliage, the map feels different. In a good way.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, acoustic said:

Currently in development of a post apocalyptic style terrain, and had a question regarding the furniture spawn script. Is there anyway I could use that script to somehow spawn furniture in Eden so I can export to Terrain Builder to have built into the map? Or would that be too costly on performance, you think? Couldn't remember the exact specifics of the script, and how it spawned spawned/cached furniture. Thanks.

@acoustic, I'm not so sure the scripts can be used in this way, (obviously haleks will have better insight here), but I think the ambient furniture and the wreck spawner scripts can only initialize on mission start/preview. I can see what your getting at though, a kind of ready made world. It would be very cool to spawn in all ambient furniture/wrecks etc. map wide then export to TB.

Speaking of post apocalyptic terrain, I'm absolutely loving the combination of Ravage+Derelict on Altis. 5 years down the line and she's never looked so bad. (in a good way) :rthumb:

• Like 4

I'm also having a lot of fun smashing my way through the apocalypse with the Window Breaker mod.

• Like 4

Good god iv got the each to get back into ravage,i couldnt stay away after reading the updates of late..

is this what i think it is.....?

Hordes will be cleaned up if a Ambient Zombies module is active

Does this mean hordes will despawn if player is certain distance away?

I can only recommend the mission made by @bl2ck dog to every RAVAGER out there - we had a great time last weekend on @bl2ck dog 's server!  :icon_dj:

After we finally had found, repaired & safely RTB'ed a second vehicle, I for myself felt a sense of achievement. :thumb_down::hyper:

I do like the balancing of the mission very much!  And of course the tasks and the persistence! Spot on, mate!:rthumb:

And:thanx: for implemeting my suggestions for the modline!:thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, Vandeanson said:

I keep having troubles with ravage AI units spawning without uniforms. (weapons, vests, backpacks, items... work fine).

In my equipment module setup, I have limited Vanilla gear and set adjusted the equipment settings of ravage to use CUP gear only.

I will need to do some more testing and will provide the error report (it refers to an issue in line 29 of the ravage equipment function.)

I have had that issue occur multiple times now in various mod set ups in the past.

General question - is anyone familiar with this issue? I cannot recall having seen this discussion here but I might have missed it.

@haleks maybe I've missed the answer, but is there a fix?

Right now I'm using a delay, but it depends on PC quality:

1) on my PC it sometimes still spawn units without uniforms (even after 2 minute delay)

2) on Dedicated Server it seems to be way too long - enemies manage to start attacking the base, while all the defenders still waiting to get their gear.

Is there another way to resolve it?

Spoiler

[this] spawn {
  waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
  UIsleep 180;
  [_this select 0] call rvg_fnc_equip;

};

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bl2ck dog said:

Hello there bl2ck dog !

Just to know you can also try this and it's suits to Ravage gameplay as well.

2 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

1) on my PC it sometimes still spawn units without uniforms (even after 2 minute delay)

2) on Dedicated Server it seems to be way too long - enemies manage to start attacking the base, while all the defenders still waiting to get their gear.

Reveal hidden contents

[this] spawn {
  UIsleep 180;

};

Delays most likely won't solve this - I'm pretty sure it's an overlook on my end.

If only I could catch a breather, I would take a week-end to square the last known issues, but my schedule is infernal right now...

I've been thinking about setting up a Patreon page, I could put aside some of my current job and focus on mod development - but I really don't know how successful it would be.

@GEORGE FLOROS GR: I appreciate the work you've been doing, but let's keep this thread on topic. ;)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, haleks said:

keep this thread on topic. ;)

Off course ,

just as you already know , i have a lot of work which is based and also support in a way , the Ravage Mod.

• Like 3

Glad to hear your thinking about a Patreon page, if it becomes a thing I'll happily subscribe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

Reveal hidden contents

[this] spawn {
  UIsleep 180;

};

I never had this issue but I believe I found a solution (could be wrong) but what I did was class the "Zombie Uniforms Override" with all of Friths ruin equipment and then in the Equipment pool I set Friths ruin to the ONLY mod with equipment enabled so everyone has Friths gear, Not sure if this will help? But you could possibly try to only enable equipment for the mod you want, then class the items in the Zombies Override? I also do have Arma 3 items to limited as well. 

Cheers! Hope I'm some form of help Mate!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EO said:

Glad to hear your thinking about a Patreon page, if it becomes a thing I'll happily subscribe.

Thanks EO!

I'm still figuring out what kind of tiers I would set up to begin with... I was thinking about making a 1$ tier membership, wich would give access to exclusive screenshots and scripts from ongoing and futur projects, and maybe another one (2 or 3$ per month) with the same rewards, plus access to more advanced demo missions and preview releases. I can see plenty of ways how sharing scripts and missions could go wrong already, but I reckon this is going to be the only viable route for me if I want to keep on modding.

Obviously the goal is to achieve a more tangible support, without causing too much additional work for me : it's going to be a tricky balance. Depending on how successful the Patreon support will be, tiers might evolve.

One thing I want to make clear though : if it does work, it won't be about Ravage only. Provided that there're enough subscribers after a few months, it will enable me to resume work on more ambitious projects such as MyST, and keep on expanding on concepts that have been dormant for a while, like F3llout. If the number of subscribers is too low, in other words, if the income is insufficient and I can't find enough time to deliver on those tier rewards, I'll shut it down.

This is all conjectural for now (and I'm not very familiar with Patreon), but if anyone has any suggestion, shoot!

• Like 4

I don't know very much about Patreon either, but I've taken a look at other Arma 3 creators who have set-up Patreon pages, maybe it's worth taking a look at those to get a feel of what they offer as far as the tier system goes.

Personally, I feel you've nothing to lose by setting one up, like you said if it doesn't work out you can always walk away from Patreon, but you have already shown, and shared, what you have to offer...DerelictTales from Nowhere and of course Ravage.

There's no harm in trying to supplement your income for future projects, and having already had a wee sneak peek of MyST and F3llout, these projects absolutely deserve their time in the sun.

• Like 3

Hello to everyone !

I have some news , i have started a BI Forum Ravage Club ,

in order to sort of all the necessary information for this great Mod , thanks to Haleks .

So it is an open Club and everyone is welcome !

Thanks !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1