If you have notice i'm working on a temperature script which is actually done ,

On 12/1/2019 at 3:49 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is my new script , almost done  :

GF Temperature Script - Mod

4mi4Yeu.png

It will be also the base to build more stuff.

This will return the temperature of air and sea based on :

month ,

time ,

Sun Elevation,

overcastForecast,

fogForecast,

rain Value,

gusts Value,

Altidude Value,

Sea depth

The main values are based on Mediterranean Climate

and i'm planning to include also , two more different values ,  for hot and cold weather ,

Hot desert Climate & Subarctic Climate.

Thanks !

so this will be also the base for new added scripts !

maybe as i just checked a little your updated script can get handy with this new stuff !

***** and many others i think !!!!!

I 'm sending you a pre release if you want to work with in message.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

If you have notice i'm working on a temperature script which is actually done ,

so this will be also the base for new added scripts !

maybe as i just checked a little your updated script can get handy with this new stuff !

***** and many others i think !!!!!

I 'm sending you a pre release if you want to work with in message.

I can take a look at it if you'd like me too :) Just know I haven't worked with altitude based scripts yet, so it may take me a little time! :thumb:

Just now, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I can take a look at it if you'd like me too :)

Sorry that i forgot to quote you , because i was talking to you !!!  :z:

• Like 1

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Sorry that i forgot to quote you , because i was talking to you !!!  :z:

All good mate! :rthumb:

8 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

All good mate! :rthumb:

I just send them !

Good Work !

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 3:12 AM, Valken said:

My biggest gripe of DayZ, Breaking Point, Origins, Epoch and etc... was that there was no other objective other than to stay alive. It's a total masochist's psychotic Last Survivor standing game with nothing else to me. Like everybody builds their own bunkers and raid others.

Your biggest gripe is the one thing that keeps me coming back to DayZ, Breaking Point or other sandbox games or mods. I discovered the world of Arma after being bored out of my mind for years with on the rails games that are not worth playing more than one time. For a long time, video games were like that. There was a time as a kid when I could only get a game if I walked into a store and bought it. I might pay $40 or $50 for a game and barely get 10 hours of entertainment out of it if I was lucky. If a game has an endpoint, once you get there, it's not exciting anymore and it leaves an empty feeling of not wanting to play. To give a specific example... in 2011 or so... The Walking Dead came out with a game called Survival Instinct. Being a zombie art fanatic, I couldn't wait to play it. I played through the game and beat it. It took me roughly 12 hours to complete. In the game there were options where you could change the path you take to get from point A to B and it only offered minor variations but no real change to the overall story. Despite waiting my entire life for a game like this, I couldn't replay the game. I got bored immediately. I already knew what was going to happen and it took away any mystery or sense of adventure I may have had playing through it the first time. I went back and tried to replay this game multiple times, but just can't bring myself to play. It's boring.

Sandbox games offer me something that most other games can't offer. They offer unscripted circumstances where you can't predict the outcome of situations you get yourself into. They also force players to explore and see what happens. Especially Arma which offers huge maps with plenty to see. The level of thrill that you feel when someone else walks into a house you are already looting, you can't feel when you've played it before or already know it's going to happen. It's just not the same when you know there is an exact beginning and end to the story.

How come nobody teams up and take over a full town like Georgetown on Tanoa to be Zombie proof?! Everybody just kills everybody and takes everything. A total break down of society..

I've seen plenty of servers in my life where full groups and teams of players took and held specific towns and cities. Especially in Breaking Point! I've seen 20 vs 20 fights. I've seen one group troll and basically completely control an entire map (Thirsk) and server and if you didn't join their clan they hunted you non stop with helicopters and players on the ground. Talk about intense!

As for making a town zombie proof... you could only do this if you script the mission or server to not respawn zombies after they spawn the first time. Otherwise they would just respawn in the town you are trying to keep clear. Most mods spawn zombies within a radius of player activity, for performance reasons. After all, it makes no sense to spawn zombies somewhere where no players are. It would only hurt performance to do so.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@RZNUNKWN looks like you could use a driver to that tank, and another gun at your side Mate!  :scratchchin:

Yup, though I nearly mastered switching between driver and the gunner, another pair of hands is always helpful. Friendly survivors usually do the trick (except when they're firing the main gun at zeds/bandits), provide they survive long enough :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 1

I want to try Ravage with Ace3. 

Can someone who's playing with those two mods share some experience and tips?

Also, @GEORGE FLOROS GR told me that his loot spawn script is working on Cherno too. I am using DS Houses mod that adds interiors to most od the Chernarus houses, will your script work with that mod too? I just need to configure my own loot list, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working, but now I want to ask, is there a way to make the script spawn item to a limited distance from the player? The script starts to populate the entire map with items which kinda slows down my computer. Also, do items respawn/replace themselves after some time or that's just that?

• Like 1

My first (after the update) zombie horde spawner simple test in editor returned these results:

module settings
placement
results (youtube video)
Horde spawned and de-spawned, right before I reach the location. Didn't bother testing it on live server, just yet.  

New zeds dirty uniforms looks nice.  Its the same rust texture that is applied to damaged containers / vehicles  ?  Maybe something that looks more like blood is possible to apply?
Dealing with the horde spawner and making it work for MP scenarios is the right direction to work on,   the basic balancing of a spawners work in MP environment is a must. We always here to test it out for you Haleks. No way I'm coming back from Ravage to Zombies&Demons zombies ;-)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I am playing SP Ravage with ACE3. My advice regarding ACE3:

Move to another folder the Nightvision PBO from the addons folder... I like the effects but the "shroud" is too big for my taste and there are NO fullscreen night vision mods that I can find to remove the "shroud". If you want effects, use Bad Benson's Enhanced Visual mod like I do. Add a fullscreen NVG mod as well.

Enable the particle effects - look in the ACE3 options folder, move the particles.pbo file into the ADDONS folder to enable it. I don't like ACE tracers so left it out. I use either basic ARMA or Blastcore Tracers Standalone.

ACE Medical - make sure you set it to BASIC or disable it since the player is not always assigned as a MEDIC or in an MP game. I have it BASIC because I like ACE's bandiging system and don't have a buddy to patch me up. If this was MP, I would push for advanced ONLY if there is a really good ACE Medic player onboard because it is ultra hardcore when you are patched up but only at 10% HP left and you are dragging your team down... You need another player to get you back up. But it makes the game so much more "realistic" and immersive, to me.

Enable advanced stamina and add SABRE as they simulate much harder ballistics and their advanced weight modified Stamina is awesome. When you are near naked, you AND the Zombie AI runs super fast. When you are weighed down, you run way slower. It makes it way more hardcore.

I have added:

ACE3 Placables, ADV Splints, Advanced Interaction and Advanced Ragdolls.

Then add in your favorite effects mods like Blastcore, Headgore, Blood Spurts, Bloodgore, Ballistics, and Sound mods. I suggest you load these AFTER you load up CBA, ACE3, RAVAGE and any weapons, gears or units mods. Then add all the ACE compatibilities OR Then add SABER with all the mod compatibilities as it modifies the ballistic impacts as well.

All mods are on STEAM WORKSHOP. Do a search for it and subscribe, and load up with ACE3 and Ravage for a super hardcore experience.

Makes your pistol shootouts with zombie with faster running or slow walking but loaded up to the gills with guns/gear so much more fun. I have dropped my gear so many times to come back later after a hard battle this way. Way better than any other Zombie experience when you have to choose to run/gun fast or stand your ground mowing down the incoming horde.

20 hours ago, EO said:

I still think the best ending to any survival mission is to simply escape, It taps in to our natural instinct to any bad situation we find ourselves in and also provides a very simple objective. What happens in-between is up to the imagination of the mission maker, but the ultimate goal to escape can provide the player with the same feeling of euphoria that a good movie ending can provide.

21 hours ago, kodabar said:

Yes, yes, yes! I absolutely agree with you.

Yet games don't seem to place as much emphasis on this (even as they claim to be more cinematic). The problem with survival games is exactly what you said - they're a bit of a letdown when there's no ending. If a game has no end, I just play until I'm bored - and that means that the feeling I carry as I leave that game is one of boredom. A good game ending can have the same effect as a good ending to a film - you come away feeling positive and cheered.

You two understand my gripes. I don't hate the DayZ or other framework. It's just that at the end of the day, there is nothing MORE to do. Its a huge GRIND for no reward, other than to stay alive.

There are better ways to past time or work or survive and it seems "sandbox" is developer codeword for I don't know what else to do after creating art, model, animation and functions for a game engine. Let the users play make believe.

This is all good if there was a better framework.

DayZ is notorious for this and yes, there is a huge market for it and all the clones out there, but I personally suspect all the money being made is really because the users got bored and are looking for something with more substance... Its like a drug addict, they need a bigger hit to get their next high, so the same user base are buying all those sandbox games, and game companies just keep cranking them out. Look at all the negative feedback for most of those no substance sandbox games.

More can be done if the game kept the user coming back with something different, not the same old same old. Also, any good story based game can let the user go INTO sandbox mode. And rightly so, SP only or sandbox only games loses its luster for me once the game ends or becomes "work". It's supposed to be an escape afterall.

My best option would be episodic in nature. You can have a game with 3-5 year shelf life. You inject new content over that 5 years to keep the base motivated and growing. You don't need to fix yourself only to one game mode - even ARMA came out with Warlords and bunch of new content free or paid.

If DayZ did that - gear DLC, free mission DLC or even new MP mode DLC - go rescue that scientist who claims to have a cure and you need to keep him alive until he gets all the components to develop the cure - say hardcore resource gathering and town defense at the same time , that could keep the user base happy for both bandits, free roam and coop players. Everyone has their objectives - in the same universe... Then drop in the black ops DLC 6 months later as they found out about the scientist and will eliminate everyone in the game universe - players, bandits and zeds... oh boy... 1 month to find the scientist, 2-3 months just to fortify the town and keep him alive, found the cure and now black ops on your 6....  all that work... worth fighting for now instead of grinding away on every tree. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Damn, gotta love steam... Was updating my Scenario last night and I of course was tired... (close to 3AM) I was spamming “ENTER” to finish up, somehow the UI landed on “Delete” and It poped up “Are you sure you want to delete this item?” But it was too late!! I was already pushing “ENTER” again!! I tried stopping it with “Escape” but of course the deed was done...  So if anyone was subscribed, to my scenario the new link is here gotta fix every one of my links now... :sulk:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1628963754

learned my lesson! D: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

As for making a town zombie proof... you could only do this if you script the mission or server to not respawn zombies after they spawn the first time. Otherwise they would just respawn in the town you are trying to keep clear. Most mods spawn zombies within a radius of player activity, for performance reasons. After all, it makes no sense to spawn zombies somewhere where no players are. It would only hurt performance to do so.

The spawn of the zombies can be done actually differently .

So , i 'm going to write a script - mod for this !

(as always !)

So my thought is to kind of set generally more randomness in order , not to be sure for anything.

This is actually how i like to play !

What i have generally noticed  in arma theese years ( arma 3 , i haven't played any previous ! ) , because as i started playing Dayz i found out arma !  , the good thing with arma is that this game is really limitless and it's easy to do anything even without know any scripting , coding whatever to use all this content and play every day something different in Multiplayer or SP as well coop or anything !

So here there is a problem as well !

We try to do more and have a continuous non stop project to get the best , which might be good , because we are talking about progress in the whole game , but also this kind of behaviour is also ruin this game a lot of times !

Personally , i'm just amateur in scripting and computers generally !

It's not my work or anything and i was not playing any games from my 18+ old , so on 35 i like too much the arma game and it's possibilities !

So even if i have already create 40+ public scripts ( and i do have way more in my pc ! ) i can't really say that i played so much something on arma , like i would just get on a Dayz Server and join the game.

I'm not saying for any reason that Dayz is better !

Both are different for a lot of reasons .

But i 'm speaking generally let's say for where this game is going ?!

Maybe there should be some better official gameplay !

Maybe this is why Warlords came out !

# Let's Hope the best for arma 4 !    - do we need to wait a lot ?!  -

(  ---> is the arma 3 will be only with enfusion and not .sqf ?!  )

Thanks !

• Like 1

Just a heads-up. The site on which the wiki is hosted is changed its domain name in February. So instead of being wikia.com, it'll be fandom.com. It's inevitable and unavoidable, though they are likely to use redirects for a while. But if you have anything that includes or relies on links to the wiki, then the URLs will be changing at some point next month. I'll post another message when they actually do change.

• Thanks 7

7 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Also, @GEORGE FLOROS GR told me that his loot spawn script is working on Cherno too. I am using DS Houses mod that adds interiors to most od the Chernarus houses, will your script work with that mod too? I just need to configure my own loot list, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working, but now I want to ask, is there a way to make the script spawn item to a limited distance from the player? The script starts to populate the entire map with items which kinda slows down my computer. Also, do items respawn/replace themselves after some time or that's just that?

I use ACE3 without the medical crap and it works great with ravage as it adds plenty of new equipment to find and use such as the lockpicks I set all vehicles to be locked so players will need to find one in order to access or use them. Plus all the extra stuff ace offers such as ballistic wind simulation, wind deflection, grenade fragmentation etc makes its a decent mod to have.

• Like 2

Spoiler
49 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

# some more !

But maybe this two games should share a little bit more !

Because despite a lot of mods like Dayz came out , we are still trying to do something very alike and also Dayz to arma is just really to small generally . (in a matter of speaking ! )

This was what i wanted to express !

+ Thanks again !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

It's beter for everyone to get benefit from to write your questions in the script- mod  topic !

Spoiler

gf-auto-loot-script-version-11-1_4.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gill93 said:

Plus all the extra stuff ace offers such as ballistic wind simulation, wind deflection, grenade fragmentation etc makes its a decent mod to have.

Yes, this! I just added stun grenade, gas grenade, flashbangs, incendiary grenades from the RHS to the loot system and it's amazing! I'm going to try ACE3 with Ravage soon!

One more question, is there a way to add more that one type of ammunition in the loot? AP rounds for AK and such... ( maybe adding the classnames of ammo to lootLists.sqf? )

You could probably do it that way or you could add the classnames to a script such as GF's Random Heli Crash script or to the zombie loot drop script, and or even place them by hand in hidden locations as loo stashes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RZNUNKWN said:

maybe adding the classnames of ammo

You can also work with my loot script and just add only what you want , for example exclude the vanilla items and enable only ace for RHS .

- automatically

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

The spawn of the zombies can be done actually differently .

So , i 'm going to write a script - mod for this !

(as always !)

So my thought is to kind of set generally more randomness in order , not to be sure for anything.

This is actually how i like to play !

So here there is a problem as well !

We try to do more and have a continuous non stop project to get the best , which might be good , because we are talking about progress in the whole game , but also this kind of behaviour is also ruin this game a lot of times !

Personally , i'm just amateur in scripting and computers generally !

It's not my work or anything and i was not playing any games from my 18+ old , so on 35 i like too much the arma game and it's possibilities !

So even if i have already create 40+ public scripts ( and i do have way more in my pc ! ) i can't really say that i played so much something on arma , like i would just get on a Dayz Server and join the game.

Both are different for a lot of reasons .

But i 'm speaking generally let's say for where this game is going ?!

Maybe there should be some better official gameplay !

Maybe this is why Warlords came out !

# Let's Hope the best for arma 4 !    - do we need to wait a lot ?!  -

(  ---> is the arma 3 will be only with enfusion and not .sqf ?!  )

Thanks !

Last night I had problems with my connection to Bl2ck's server but he did a really good camp that kept the zombies out. Checkout his server and mission a few posts back. He had AI Survivors shoot out the zombies near the camp. That would be a way to simulate or automate camp defense.

I have other ides and will post when I flesh it out. We all should get together for a good run again.

PS: Last minute idea --- any body can create a custom patch for us BIS Forum Ravagers? :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valken said:

I have other ides and will post when I flesh it out.

Thanks Valken !

Generally like almost 2 years now ( a lot of time ! ) i don't play any MP and i spend more time editing , because i can't for the time due to my old laptop !

So what i can play is very limited !

Thank you very much so else for the invitation though ! :thumb:

New idea's will definitely bring some new air !

• Like 1

@haleks What is the name of a missile launchers list? I'd like to restrict RPG-7 in my mission.

1 hour ago, bl2ck dog said:

@haleks What is the name of a missile launchers list? I'd like to restrict RPG-7 in my mission.

i have a launcher detecting script in my script pack, you can find it in the files VD_Arrays.sqf.

if i get around to it tonight i will send it to you;)

edit:

got it:

VD_WeaponArrayLaunchers = ("getnumber (_x >> 'type') isEqualTo 4 && getNumber (_x>> 'scope') >1" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};

this creates an array with all launchers from all active mods.

this can be used to remove the items from the weapons pool.

let me know if you have troubles implementing this. it depends a little how u spawn stuff.

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 1