@MuRaZorWitchKINGI like your ideas and there are already similar type online servers. I think the closes I played to DayZ and Ravage MP was Breaking Point Left Behind Mod (LBM) and the A2Origins remake on ARMA 3.

The LBM seems to add a bunch of Ravage type play into Breaking Point.

The A2Origins remake was basically Exile (PvE) + Ravage without the tradtional PvE elements or it was toned down since I literally saw squads of survivors playing together.

You can find it in A3L and try it.

My biggest gripe of DayZ, Breaking Point, Origins, Epoch and etc... was that there was no other objective other than to stay alive. It's a total masochist's psychotic Last Survivor standing game with nothing else to me. Like everybody builds their own bunkers and raid others. How come nobody teams up and take over a full town like Georgetown on Tanoa to be Zombie proof?! Everybody just kills everybody and takes everything. A total break down of society...

Hmmm... might be a good graduate thesis paper topic here about online games and mental stability and perception...

Even in the Walking Dead TV / Comic series, there were end goals such as trying to find a cure or finding a settlement to rebuild something. I think a Ravage MP or COOP mission framework would get things started. 

At the least we can tell stories or create different game play.

I had posted in the mod request to have:

A hunting mode like Hunted Showdown - Mercenaries or Survivors are tasked with hunting down monsters, get an artifact - say their heads or blood samples, and try to escape alive. All the while other hunters, hunting teams and AI are trying to do the same, Team vs Team, and with the AI monsters trying to kill you.

Or any team coop survival scenario - look at Resident Evil for a lot of ideas - a bunch of civilians (you) who are immune to the virus, trying to escape. But black ops government forces are trying to capture and kill ALL of you to take your blood samples and to not leak out the epidemic to the rest of the world. There is one rebel network that will rescue you only if you contact them.

Or go in and rescue an scientist... man this is tough. To go into game, find an unarmed AI and lead him out... that is very tough ...

Or even add more anomalies in the future... Can add Stalker Zombies for example... Not sure will it work but Stalker was an awesome series and welcomed on the ARMA 3 or more modern engine.

Many ways to tell the stories but we need a MP framework to allow this.

Sorry, I can't code, draw, sing or dance. I can spit out washed up ideas all day. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valken said:

Or even add more anomalies in the future...

;) to come - no ETA tho, i have been served scripts on a silver plate but will have to find time to set up a dynamic spawn and despawn system.

@all

I keep having troubles with ravage AI units spawning without uniforms. (weapons, vests, backpacks, items... work fine).

In my equipment module setup, I have limited Vanilla gear and set adjusted the equipment settings of ravage to use CUP gear only.

I will need to do some more testing and will provide the error report (it refers to an issue in line 29 of the ravage equipment function.)

I have had that issue occur multiple times now in various mod set ups in the past.

General question - is anyone familiar with this issue? I cannot recall having seen this discussion here but I might have missed it.

cheers

vd

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vandeanson said:

;) to come - no ETA tho, i have been served scripts on a silver plate but will have to find time to set up a dynamic spawn and despawn system.

@all

I keep having troubles with ravage AI units spawning without uniforms. (weapons, vests, backpacks, items... work fine).

In my equipment module setup, I have limited Vanilla gear and set adjusted the equipment settings of ravage to use CUP gear only.

I will need to do some more testing and will provide the error report (it refers to an issue in line 29 of the ravage equipment function.)

I have had that issue occur multiple times now in various mod set ups in the past.

General question - is anyone familiar with this issue? I cannot recall having seen this discussion here but I might have missed it.

cheers

vd

I use custom gear list and this error appears sometimes, but not always. I think this happens due to gear list not able to initialize properly before being parsed to the final list. Adding delay before specific unit spawn - won't help.

• Thanks 1

My biggest gripe of DayZ, Breaking Point, Origins, Epoch and etc... was that there was no other objective other than to stay alive. It's a total masochist's psychotic Last Survivor standing game with nothing else to me. Like everybody builds their own bunkers and raid others. How come nobody teams up and take over a full town like Georgetown on Tanoa to be Zombie proof?! Everybody just kills everybody and takes everything. A total break down of society...

Totally agreed with that. In my mission there's actually endgame goal - recover The Device for the Junktown - to accomplish that players will need to cooperate heavily and for quite period of time.

Just saying, me and my team (4-6 guys, all end-level gear and experienced Arma players) - was wiped out 4 times and only once we made it to the Device. Gathering gear and vehicles for the expedition took us a week.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bl2ck dog said:

I use custom gear list and this error appears sometimes, but not always. I think this happens due to gear list not able to initialize properly before being parsed to the final list. Adding delay before specific unit spawn - won't help.

thank you. Its possible that it only happens for the first wave of spawns indeed, i recall that this seemed the case a while ago as well. will check if the error appears after playing for a while;)

cheers

vd

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@all

cheers

vd

One thing I realise is that you have to add sleep; before all non-ravage scripts that spawn AI with custom equipment. Ravage functions need small delay to initialize all its function. I had problem with vanila ravage only once before (I think it was Stories from nowhere on Cambodia map).

I think that it's impossible to put character via Eden editor and give it random NON-vanila equipment choosen by Ravage equipment module.

@LSValmont: Thanks for the suggestion mate.

I took a look at what could cause the issues you mention, and I think I've got it fixed. Just needed to change one line, actually : I don't think it will be necessary to sort players by group, the condition check I tweaked should do the job.

I planned on adding new stuff in the next update, but I reckon I'll push rvg164 next week end with the current fixes, and keep those new features for later.

@Vandeanson: I keep forgetting to fix that function. :/

Send me a RPT and I'll try to get it done this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

What if we all jumped together and built one scenario together....

...a Ravage Zeus mission, Haleks as Game Master. :w: 

• Like 3

Oh boy... I'd probably spend too much time playing as a zombie. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Valken said:

Or any team coop survival scenario - look at Resident Evil for a lot of ideas - a bunch of civilians (you) who are immune to the virus, trying to escape. But black ops government forces are trying to capture and kill ALL of you to take your blood samples and to not leak out the epidemic to the rest of the world. There is one rebel network that will rescue you only if you contact them.

I think something like this can be turned into PvP, like 15 player slot for blufor survivor and 5 player slot for opfor the black ops, if the black ops side kill a blufor survivor (player or AI), the survivor drop an item (like a skeleton) that can be exchange to get gear or vehicle.

Like this we can get 2 different kind of gameplay on the same scenario, survivor loot and try to build a colony, black ops try to hunt survivor to get better reward.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, haleks said:

I planned on adding new stuff in the next update, but I reckon I'll push rvg164 next week end with the current fixes, and keep those new features for later.

That would be absolutely awesome. This issue @Vandeanson mentioned suddenly became "party crasher" after I've added anomaly and persistence scripts (which increased server load a bit, I guess) I've been trying to set mission on the dedicated server for quite some time, but everyone spawning naked and with BIS weapons. And that's with 0 = [this] spawn {waitUntil {!isNil ""rvg_gearlist""}; UIsleep 30; before calling gear. Increased delay for 120 seconds, going to try that for now.

@LSValmont: Thanks for the suggestion mate.

I took a look at what could cause the issues you mention, and I think I've got it fixed. Just needed to change one line, actually : I don't think it will be necessary to sort players by group, the condition check I tweaked should do the job.

@Vandeanson: I keep forgetting to fix that function. :/

Send me a RPT and I'll try to get it done this week.

@haleks It is great to hear that! Sorting players by their proximity to each other and then choosing one of them as a candidate for spawning instead of using individual players makes sure there is an even distribution of zombies spawns. Otherwise 5 players together have 5 times the chance of getting zombies near them than lone players creating the situation many servers are experiencing. My set of functions fixes this unintended and unrealistic behavior.

@Vandeanson I was having the same issue with my custom civilians script and it turned out to be some of BI uniforms not working correctly.

I used this with the in game debug console:

if (side _x isEqualTo civilian && (_x distance player < 8)) then { 
  hint format ["Unform: %1", uniform _x];
 }; 
} forEach (allUnits - allPlayers);

Just get close to any unit without uniform and it turns out they DO have unirforms but they still look naked.

Now check my new uniforms array, "U_C_PriestBody" and "U_C_WorkerOveralls" gave me naked civilians. 

Spoiler

_uniformPool = 
[
"U_C_Man_casual_1_F",
"U_C_Man_casual_2_F",
"U_C_Man_casual_3_F",
"U_C_Poloshirt_blue",
"U_C_Poloshirt_burgundy",
"U_C_Poloshirt_tricolour",
"U_C_Poloshirt_salmon",
"U_C_Poloshirt_redwhite",
"U_C_Poloshirt_stripped",
"U_C_HunterBody_grn",
"U_IG_Guerilla2_1",
"U_IG_Guerilla2_2",
"U_IG_Guerilla2_3",
"U_IG_Guerilla3_1",
"U_IG_Guerilla3_2",
"U_OG_Guerilla2_1",
"U_OG_Guerilla2_2",
"U_OG_Guerilla2_3",
"U_OG_Guerilla3_1",
"U_OG_Guerilla3_2",
// "U_C_WorkerOveralls", // Also doesn't work!
// "U_C_PriestBody", // this one does not work!!!!!
"U_C_Journalist",
"U_I_G_resistanceLeader_F",
"U_C_Scientist",
"U_NikosAgedBody",
"U_C_Paramedic_01_F",
"U_C_Mechanic_01_F",
"U_I_C_Soldier_Para_4_F",
"U_B_GEN_Soldier_F",
"U_B_GEN_Commander_F",
"U_C_Man_casual_1_F",
"U_I_C_Soldier_Bandit_3_F",
"U_I_G_Story_Protagonist_F",
"U_C_Poor_1",
"U_C_Poor_2",
"U_Rangemaster",
"U_NikosBody",
"U_Marshal",
"U_B_HeliPilotCoveralls",
"U_I_HeliPilotCoveralls",
"U_BG_Guerilla2_3",
"U_BG_Guerilla2_1",
"U_BG_Guerilla_6_1",
"U_C_IDAP_Man_cargo_F",
"U_C_IDAP_Man_casual_F",
"U_C_IDAP_Man_Tee_F",
"U_C_IDAP_Man_Jeans_F",
"U_C_ConstructionCoverall_Red_F",
"U_C_ConstructionCoverall_Vrana_F",
"U_C_ConstructionCoverall_Black_F",
"U_C_ConstructionCoverall_Blue_F"
];

Perhaps something similar is happening to Ravage!

• Like 1

I'm working on a "Support Mod" that allows for some extra customization of Ravage Zombies. I'm having some trouble finding all the Zombie Class list. I was looking for something similar to the below but at this point I'm not finding anything. Not sure if I'm overlooking the Ravage Zombie Class or If I'm just looking in the wrong spots haha. Does anything have them already, or could someone point me in the right location?

["ZombieC_man_polo_6_F"],
["ZombieC_man_p_fugitive_F"],
["ZombieC_man_w_worker_F"],
["ZombieC_scientist_F"]

EDIT:
Nevermind I found them "zombie_walker" "zombie_bolter" "zombie_runner"

• Like 3

20 hours ago, LSValmont said:

@haleks It is great to hear that! Sorting players by their proximity to each other and then choosing one of them as a candidate for spawning instead of using individual players makes sure there is an even distribution of zombies spawns. Otherwise 5 players together have 5 times the chance of getting zombies near them than lone players creating the situation many servers are experiencing. My set of functions fixes this unintended and unrealistic behavior.

I'm on a different approach for now, but I think the results will be the same :

- groups of player should no longer trigger multiple/unwanted spawns, keeping the server from reaching the MaxGlobalZeds too soon, thus ensuring lone players can also trigger zombie spawns.

- the inverse scenario should no longer happen either : groups of players not spawning zombies at all should be history.

If the fix doesn't give satisfying results, I'll definitely switch to the "group sorting" solution, although adapting it for a code that is self-adapting to its environment already is gonna be a pain, haha. ^^'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haleks said:

I'm on a different approach for now, but I think the results will be the same :

- groups of player should no longer trigger multiple/unwanted spawns, keeping the server from reaching the MaxGlobalZeds too soon, thus ensuring lone players can also trigger zombie spawns.

- the inverse scenario should no longer happen either : groups of players not spawning zombies at all should be history.

If the fix doesn't give satisfying results, I'll definitely switch to the "group sorting" solution, although adapting it for a code that is self-adapting to its environment already is gonna be a pain, haha. ^^'

Sounds good! Can't wait to try the new version but take your time no need to rush things.

I am 99% done on a mayor MP Campaign for Ravage. It is a mission that will require no other mods and I am designing it to be the definitive Ravage campaign for players to see the full potential of your mod! Once released we could make it a ravage community effort to improve it. :drinking2:

Spoiler

36938955b552ec5a4c7fd01540a56b8b13ed3913

97240078a680c76e930ecde4717710386d40f4db

958051112014a5081d09093df95e0ce4ca08632a

908121096d812b97e7b05e875da2a977016b29b2

63476457a94b49bd2065053ed13963f8f4937ae3

405697809b270ef86a7771e229960a13fdc69b41

617308604160c4cf8f1e28e34ea4b03234f9b9ed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Ok, I'm pushing the update right now.

I want to make sure the zed spawn process is working properly before continuing with more ambitious changes.

Here's the changelog :

Tweaked :
AI is less likely to go prone (thanks to @.kju)
Supply crates now available in Zeus (thanks to @EO)

Fixed :
Balanced zombies spawns around groups of players.

New :
New module option : dirty uniforms for zombies.

I'm waiting on your feedback about zombie spawns guys; if it causes issues I will revert on it over the week-end and implement a different solution in another patch.

As usual, download link is in the OP, enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

It can be a good idea to try that this week end, a 1h session with 10 ppl should be enough

So who want to play ravage ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

I am 99% done on a mayor MP Campaign for Ravage. It is a mission that will require no other mods and I am designing it to be the definitive Ravage campaign for players to see the full potential of your mod! Once released we could make it a ravage community effort to improve it. :drinking2:

Reveal hidden contents

36938955b552ec5a4c7fd01540a56b8b13ed3913

97240078a680c76e930ecde4717710386d40f4db

958051112014a5081d09093df95e0ce4ca08632a

908121096d812b97e7b05e875da2a977016b29b2

63476457a94b49bd2065053ed13963f8f4937ae3

405697809b270ef86a7771e229960a13fdc69b41

617308604160c4cf8f1e28e34ea4b03234f9b9ed

Man, I'm always impressed to see how far people can go with the mod (probably because making missions and campaigns ain't my cup of tea). I'll keep an eye close to this one - I really need to make some time someday, and play more of the community content...

I'm really glad to see that the (sort of) easy-to-use and modules à la ALIVE concepts were worth the time I spent on this baby, eventhough I seldom can test the results myself (geez, last time I actually played Ravage online, was when we was testing the very first MP implementation with the infamous quatuor : EO, Cosmic10R, Bad Benson and Tourist).

• Like 6

I propose a new word for the zeds with their filthy new attire.....Skuzzies!

They look fantastic man, much more immersive than that day glow civilian fare we've had.

This, along with Derelict, makes a great start to 2019!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

....(geez, last time I actually played Ravage online, was when we was testing the very first MP implementation with the infamous quatuor : EO, Cosmic10R, Bad Benson and Tourist).

Haha yes, Monsieur Haleks famous Keyser Soze moment. ^^

• Like 3

I love the idea of this community coming together playing ravage on a server;)

I really hope that at some point i ll find time to join in on a session!

Make sure to record it, if a session happens please=)

@haleks Thanks for the Ravage update, looking forward to check out the new Z uniforms. I have tested derelict for a bit now and I really like it. I never considered playing on altis or stratis, this changed now ;)

With regards to the ravage equipment error, will deliver the RPT asap.

cheers

vd

• Like 3

"AI is less likely to go prone" . . . and snipe you with an M1911 from like 200-300m :smileee:

Cheers, Haleks and thanks!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, damsous said:

It can be a good idea to try that this week end, a 1h session with 10 ppl should be enough

So who want to play ravage ?

Always down for a session of Ravage. I’m in. (If I’m home at the time!) :shoot:

What was wrong with AI kneeling or zombies? A lot of Arma players kneel regularly while engaging various threats. Whenever I see AI kneeling it looks realistic to me. They look more robotic when they are standing constantly running a row. I also really dig seeing AI without rifles or pistols in their hands and just running semi geared. They look like players.

I have been testing Ravage almost every day for the last two months, because I'm working on a new server that blends styles of Breaking Point, Ravage, Exile, Wasteland and the old DayZ.(by the way... the testing server is live, join the discord for server info here... https://discord.gg/YeksFWb) I have had no problems with either AI or zombies during this process, because I generally have always loved the way that they spawn. I love the idea that sometimes zombies or AI are around and sometimes they are not. I love the occasional quiet breaks in between. It's good for performance and things get more exciting when you know not to constantly expect things happening.

The main bug I have encountered regularly is the occasional objects that get searched for loot, flashes and does not allow you to search it. It's such a minor issue I haven't said anything about it. One thing I have found.. there seems to be an abundance of binoculars everywhere in the loot tables. I still find everything else as well. Just more binocs than anything else.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2019 at 5:26 PM, tourist said:

and the task state of my "Story" tasks

How did you save the task state between each server restart ? cause i try it on a non ravage mission but the task reset each time the server restart, for exemple killing somebody.

i use !alive target, when target is dead the task is completed but not persistent on server restart.