3 hours ago, chrispools said:

Hi guys, been away for a bit so thought I would create a new ravage mission. Seems I cant enable the Ravage in game save option by double pressing "0" The in game Arma menu comes up when I do. I defo have a save module in the scenario. Weird.

Debug: enableSaving true;  

Maybe this is what you are looking for if I understand you well.

• Like 2

Hey guys figured I would share this little bit of script I have found online for Adding Information and pictures to Intel items that you can pick up and use for tasks etc. You want to place the script located in the spoiler into the Init field of the Intel Item you are using also you can change the Recipients from West to whatever you need it to be.

Spoiler

if (isServer) then { this setVariable ["RscAttributeDiaryRecord_texture","a3\structures_f_epc\Items\Documents\Data\document_secret_01_co.paa", true]; [this,"RscAttributeDiaryRecord",["Top Secret Docs","These Docs outline the enemies defenses",""]] call bis_fnc_setServerVariable; this setVariable ["recipients", west, true]; };

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

Adding Information and pictures to Intel items

This is what i'm using in the GF missions script :

Spoiler

//________________	GF_Missions_Intel	________________
/*
	Set the position inside the mission
	define the pos
	ex : GF_Missions_Intel_Pos = getpos player;
	and to use this :
	[] spawn GF_Missions_Intel;
*/

GF_Missions_addAction_Intel = {
//	Add Picture
_this setVariable ["RscAttributeDiaryRecord_texture","a3\structures_f_epc\Items\Documents\Data\document_secret_01_co.paa", true];

//	Add	Diary
[_this,"RscAttributeDiaryRecord",["Intel Found","Intel Found about enemies",""]] call BIS_fnc_setServerVariable;	

//	addaction
[_this,[
    "<t size=""1.2"" font=""RobotoCondensedBold"" color=""#FF9933"">" + "Get Intel", 
    {
		[_this,"action"] spawn BIS_fnc_initIntelObject;
    },
    [],1.5,true,true,"","true",8,false,"", ""
]] remoteExec ["addAction",0,true];
};

GF_Missions_Intel = {

_array = [
	"Land_Wallet_01_F","EvPhoto","EvMoney","EvMap","EvKobalt","EvMoscow","EvDogTags","Leaflet_05_Old_F",
	"Leaflet_05_New_F","Leaflet_05_F","Land_Camera_01_F","Land_HandyCam_F","Land_Laptop_F","Land_MobilePhone_smart_F",
	"Land_MobilePhone_old_F","Land_PortableLongRangeRadio_F","Land_SatellitePhone_F","Land_Tablet_01_F"
];

_selectRandom = selectRandom _array;

_Intel = createVehicle [_selectRandom, GF_Missions_Intel_Pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

_Intel call GF_Missions_addAction_Intel;
};

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This is what i'm using in the GF missions script :

Hide contents

//________________	GF_Missions_Intel	________________
/*
	Set the position inside the mission
	define the pos
	ex : GF_Missions_Intel_Pos = getpos player;
	and to use this :
	[] spawn GF_Missions_Intel;
*/

GF_Missions_addAction_Intel = {
//	Add Picture
_this setVariable ["RscAttributeDiaryRecord_texture","a3\structures_f_epc\Items\Documents\Data\document_secret_01_co.paa", true];

//	Add	Diary
[_this,"RscAttributeDiaryRecord",["Intel Found","Intel Found about enemies",""]] call BIS_fnc_setServerVariable;	

//	addaction
[_this,[
    "<t size=""1.2"" font=""RobotoCondensedBold"" color=""#FF9933"">" + "Get Intel", 
    {
		[_this,"action"] spawn BIS_fnc_initIntelObject;
    },
    [],1.5,true,true,"","true",8,false,"", ""
]] remoteExec ["addAction",0,true];
};

GF_Missions_Intel = {

_array = [
	"Land_Wallet_01_F","EvPhoto","EvMoney","EvMap","EvKobalt","EvMoscow","EvDogTags","Leaflet_05_Old_F",
	"Leaflet_05_New_F","Leaflet_05_F","Land_Camera_01_F","Land_HandyCam_F","Land_Laptop_F","Land_MobilePhone_smart_F",
	"Land_MobilePhone_old_F","Land_PortableLongRangeRadio_F","Land_SatellitePhone_F","Land_Tablet_01_F"
];

_selectRandom = selectRandom _array;

_Intel = createVehicle [_selectRandom, GF_Missions_Intel_Pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

_Intel call GF_Missions_addAction_Intel;
};

Awesome definitely gonna try it out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, librameister said:

Can anyone help ?

What do you want to do exactly?

How did you do this? Those are ellipse markers (circles) and you probably run scripts with unhidden markers.

29 minutes ago, librameister said:

Ok, so i've created my own mission on Chernarus, but i have a problem, when i open my map it shows my all the scripts that i've put on it 

https://imgur.com/a/cShcPld (sorry for the quality) 

Can anyone help ? (i am talking about the circles)

You don't need to put the debug Module in your scenario

Delete it and it will be OK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, librameister said:

Problems after problems, i have run into another problem 

So, i've made my own mission (i can play it, i can save and everything works fine) but when i exit my mission and try to play it again it shows my this error -

https://imgur.com/a/L9rHZKr

Usually, that errors means you had an addon loaded and active when designing your mission, that creates a dependency in your mission.sqm file.

You need to either edit the mission.sqm file to remove unwanted dependencies, or load the same modset you had when creating your mission.

Good practice when making missions, is to load the strict minimum when it comes to mods - only use the ones that will be necessary to your mission.

Hello Ravagers!

Ravage 0162 is now live : I fixed a recently reported issue with the breathfog feature, and tweaked the way the Hordes Module behave (Hordes should no longer keep ambient zombies from spawning).

Here is the changelog :

Tweaked :
Zombie Hordes are now persistent.*

Fixed :
Breathfog function causing framerate loss over time.

Note :
Horde modules can now spawn multiple hordes - not just one.
Hordes will be cleaned up if a Ambient Zombies module is active.
Mission makers should make sure spawn distances for Hordes and Ambient Zeds are similar.

See the OP for download links and other informations.

Now, a quick word about the future :

I am sad to say that I will no longer be able to keep developping Ravage. Due to personal issues and difficulties, new features and missions are on hold for the time being.

I will nonetheless do my best to keep fixing problems and glitches if the need arises, but feature-wise, Ravage should be considered to be more or less in a definitive state.

Regarding my other projects, I intend to release F3llout "as it is" : it is far from the vision I had - and that is quite frustrating to me - but I reckon it will provide a nice vibe already.

I'll also keep working on the "Derelict Cities Generator" I teased a few pages ago, but it will most likely be months before I have anything new to show off.

I would like to thank once again the people who helped making Ravage the quite successfull adventure it is today, especially Kodabar, EO, Bad Benson, Gunter Severloh, Cosmic10R and Tourist - and everyone who donated to support the mod.

I hope Ravage will keep providing fun to everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 2

All the best for your future Haleks, crossing fingers!

And thanks again and again for the awesome Ravage experience!

Cheers

VD

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Well, I've loved every minute of this ride.

All the best for the future my friend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Hello Ravagers!

Ravage 0162 is now live : I fixed a recently reported issue with the breathfog feature, and tweaked the way the Hordes Module behave (Hordes should no longer keep ambient zombies from spawning).

Here is the changelog :

See the OP for download links and other informations.

Now, a quick word about the future :

I am sad to say that I will no longer be able to keep developping Ravage. Due to personal issues and difficulties, new features and missions are on hold for the time being.

I will nonetheless do my best to keep fixing problems and glitches if the need arises, but feature-wise, Ravage should be considered to be more or less in a definitive state.

Regarding my other projects, I intend to release F3llout "as it is" : it is far from the vision I had - and that is quite frustrating to me - but I reckon it will provide a nice vibe already.

I'll also keep working on the "Derelict Cities Generator" I teased a few pages ago, but it will most likely be months before I have anything new to show off.

I would like to thank once again the people who helped making Ravage the quite successfull adventure it is today, especially Kodabar, EO, Bad Benson, Gunter Severloh, Cosmic10R and Tourist - and everyone who donated to support the mod.

I hope Ravage will keep providing fun to everyone.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort man definitely would have given up on Arma 3 if it was not for Ravage Mod.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see my recommendation about horde clean-up got noticed, but very sad about the future development news.
I really hope so you will overcome your difficulties and continue creating one of the most atmospheric mods out there. 
Thank you for your work, Haleks.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, haleks said:

I fixed a recently reported issue with the breathfog feature, and tweaked the way the Hordes Module behave (Hordes should no longer keep ambient zombies from spawning).

Thank you so much for all your hard work over the years and specially the experiences you created for so many players out there!

I am glad that I was able to help in fixing some of the last standing bugs and features added to our beloved and by now legendary RAVAGE mod!

Also, thanks to all the other talented moders, artists and coders who contributed to this awesome endeavor and I encourage others like George F. and  Vandeanson to continue releasing content because us mission makers will continue to use this for years to come!

Godspeed in all your future projects dear Haleks!

• Like 6

Thank you, @haleks, for your dedication to this awesome project and all it's sub-projects over the years - I'm happy I could provide what little skill I have to contribute to your work and I want you to know that RAVAGE made me love an already beloved game even more.   You have given a great gift to the community with RAVAGE and I for myself have had many many hours of awesome and immersive gameplay thanks to your hard work. 

:icon_dj:

And I do hope, my friend, that you can tackle your RL difficulties with the same tenacity and determination you showed over the years during the development of RAVAGE! 

Best wishes for your future from your fellow RAVAGER tourist!

• Like 6

Is there any plans to have "sleeping" actually work in MP? if not, is there a script or mod out there that does a similar thing?

Really hate the dark nights

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Is there any plans to have "sleeping" actually work in MP? if not, is there a script or mod out there that does a similar thing?

How would that work? In a MP environment, multiple clients are connecting to one host or server. It could only happen on the end of the host or server admin. You couldn't have a clientside player skip ahead in time if the host and everyone else playing is playing at a specific time.

There are ways you could achieve avoiding darkness but it would require setting everything up in your mission a specific way. If you are a mission maker just make the debug console an option for the host and then use the "skipTime" command to adjust the time when darkness comes. You could also use a script to adjust the level of darkness on your server at night to brighten things up. I know they exist. You will have to look around. Another thought, you can adjust zombie behavior in the Ravage module. You can change their behavior so they are not more aggressive at night, which minimizes the threat at night. You could also turn up the time acceleration in your settings, making the nights short enough to not be a hassle. You could also set the day of the year to a day where there is more daytime instead of nighttime.

As a horror fan, Ravage at night is creepy and scary. I personally love night time in the Ravage mod. I love that it's more dark. I also love the thrill of worrying about the sun going down and having to have a plan in place by sunset. Sometimes you have to find somewhere and just base up and keep an eye on things to survive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

How would that work? In a MP environment, multiple clients are connecting to one host or server. It could only happen on the end of the host or server admin. You couldn't have a clientside player skip ahead in time if the host and everyone else playing is playing at a specific time.

There are ways you could achieve avoiding darkness but it would require setting everything up in your mission a specific way. If you are a mission maker just make the debug console an option for the host and then use the "skipTime" command to adjust the time when darkness comes. You could also use a script to adjust the level of darkness on your server at night to brighten things up. I know they exist. You will have to look around. Another thought, you can adjust zombie behavior in the Ravage module. You can change their behavior so they are not more aggressive at night, which minimizes the threat at night. You could also turn up the time acceleration in your settings, making the nights short enough to not be a hassle. You could also set the day of the year to a day where there is more daytime instead of nighttime.

As a horror fan, Ravage at night is creepy and scary. I personally love night time in the Ravage mod. I love that it's more dark. I also love the thrill of worrying about the sun going down and having to have a plan in place by sunset. Sometimes you have to find somewhere and just base up and keep an eye on things to survive.

I think whenever we get a basebuilding mod/script working for ravage, then I won't mind the night. I believe vandeanson is working on one (can't wait!)

4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

i love how i am getting nervous when i realize that the sun is going down and i do not have any artificial light sources at hand:)

@lv1234

yuup, soon we ll be able to hurry back to out base at nightfall and tend to our defensive structures, lay out some tripwire mines in case an unlucky bandit gets tok close, sort our loot from the day, repair the vehicle or maybe even do some crafting in the light of our fireplace while we wait for the night to pass;)

subject to me finding some time again to sit down and make letters and numbers do fun stuff in arma:)