Cool mod indeed. ^^

The weapon jamming script in haleks Dust mission is equally cool too, I've been compromised a fair few times now with that dreaded dry click, click, click... 

• Like 4

Just now, Gill93 said:

dog tags

Every day in arma scripting seems endless  !

Nice idea !

This reminds me though metal gear !

Funny-military-token-Killem-all-army-dog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EO said:

dry click

It would be even better to have a mod with animated jamming like :

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Hey guys does anyone else think it would be cool to have a script that spawns dog tags that players could then find/collect and be rewarded for doing so maybe the bandits could drop the dog tags randomly or they could be spawned on the map some other way such as the bandit camp scripts. Players who find and collect dog tags would either gain banknotes to use at traders or something alongthose lines.

i like it.

collect them from some bandits and turn them in at a creepy collector or so.

i plan a feature for my sript pack to include players finding improvised graves and bring back proof of identity to a guy (maybe a former priest that keeps track for the survivors??) against reward.

also i was thinking to add a spawner for "historic" sites that the player can find and "mark" - maybe for a history teacher survivor that has made it his priority to preserve historic sites and knowledge for after the apocalypse.

it could be one combined system featuring these things.

what i like about this is, that it adds new things to do and discover, in addition to shooting stuff (well except that you have to shoot bandits for dogtags)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

i like it.

collect them from some bandits and turn them in at a creepy collector or so.

i plan a feature for my sript pack to include players finding improvised graves and bring back proof of identity to a guy (maybe a former priest that keeps track for the survivors??) against reward.

also i was thinking to add a spawner for "historic" sites that the player can find and "mark" - maybe for a history teacher survivor that has made it his priority to preserve historic sites and knowledge for after the apocalypse.

it could be one combined system featuring these things.

what i like about this is, that it adds new things to do and discover, in addition to shooting stuff (well except that you have to shoot bandits for dogtags)

Sounds pretty damn good to me if we can make it happen that would be sweet. :don11:

9 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Every day in arma scripting seems endless  !

Nice idea !

This reminds me though metal gear !

Funny-military-token-Killem-all-army-dog

Hell yeah man I am glad to have so many friendly scripters on board. :smileee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

It would be even better to have a mod with animated jamming like :

that would be pretty awesome

• Like 1

I had post this also to Bnae , since he has done custom animations for his weapons.

It would be a great addition to see this in arma.

I think that , it should already be added , as an option in my opinion.

One thing that i would like also to see would be an amputation mod !

like VBS :

• Thanks 1

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I had post this also to Bnae , since he has done custom animations for his weapons.

like VBS :

I freakin wish man more gore the better (: lol this is a must have

• Haha 1

i would be very interessted in a weapon erosion system, so usage will detoriate the state of a weapon and reduce its stats (accuracy, jamm frequency...) so we could add a weapon maintenance system to keep your weapon in a good state, replace weapon parts and so on:)

perfect for survival!

• Like 3

Defo would like to have that! 

It should work by introducing several sets ofgeneric spare parts which work with any rifle or any handgun you set as fitting in some kind of dialogue by copying all the rifle classnames into a list which should be fixable by an array of e.g. {"bolt_1", "spring_1", "barrel_1"}  and other rifles should be fixable by another array of {"bolt_2", "spring_2", "barrel_2"} and so on.  Like, weapon families that the user can set to have interchangeable parts.

I really like that customization feature in the  jamming mod I linked where you can set your hand-crafted jamming params for any weapon from any mod in order to achieve maximum mod compatibility.

• Like 1

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

like VBS :

maybe this mod could be used to make something like that possible for RavageMod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1556296528

Need help please. Sleeping function is available only to player and not for playable units. I have action menu with player but when I switch to playable unit it is not appear anymore. Thanks in advance guys

hi all

@HazJ and I have put together an infection script for ravage zombies.

find the test mission below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RjyR2036zoGRkFeX3gpg3LSOzfjXzLTh/view?usp=drivesdk

move all folders except the mission file to your mission folder for testing in your own mission.

it still needs some finetuning but the basic functions are working.

this testing version has a infection ticker of 10 secs. increase the variable _freq = 10; to your desired frequency. 

in live usage, i will set it much higher to Start

- the script detects if a ravage zombie has hit you.

- if hit by Z, you are now infected

- while infected you:

a) take 0.01 damage per tick (= _freq = 10 secs)

b) lose 5% percent of your stamina

c) the frequency gets increased by 5%

- this repeats until you die OR you take a cure pill

- cure pills can be looted from medical boxes (as variable, no actual inventory item)

- if you take a cure pill via addaction, you are no longer infected. this addaction is only visible if you are infected and if you have pills

- the eventhandler "dammaged" gets added again and you may get infected again next time a Z hits you.

- the event can not be triggered multiple times sametime on the same player.

- its supposed to be MP compatible, we would love some feedback from tests with 2+ players

Visual effects of infection are currently rather simple:

random bottom middle window text or coughing, camshake and wounded soldier 2d sound.

to dos:

- polish code

- add proper pill spawner

- add Ryan Zombies & Demons alike pills to delay the infection effect frequency (increase delay between damage but not cure) and injector to completely cure

- add feature to spread the infection to players within 5 meters unless they wear face protection

- maybe add punishment for running too much while infected (e.g. extra damage)

- maybe add random shaking and Blackouts while infected

- maybe add increaed weapon sway while infected (maybe this is too cruel;)

- HUD for pill and injector count

i felt this was missing in ravage so hopefully you guys will like it. i hope that it works as intended in MP, else please let me know.

This is not the final release but to get some testing feedback before the final finetuning.

big thanks to HazJ who has managed to make me understand the whole setvariable getvariable story that makes this (hopefully) MP compatible.

cheers

vd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I can't really take credit. It is your script, I just tweaked/fixed a few simple things. Thanks though! Hehe. :happy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HazJ said:

I can't really take credit.

Still the help counts !

This is why the community is for !

Thanks HazJ !

#You have also helped me !

• Like 1

@librameister, Ravage was updated just recently on October 9th, here is the changelog for v161...

Spoiler

v0.1.61

Tweaked :
AI Group spawn process.
The "Altis" demo mission is now a bit less difficult.
Various tweaks to the Autowalk system.
Added Mine Detector to military loot.
Minor tweaks and optimizations.
Furniture such as fridges are tagged as "food only" containers.

Fixed :
Zombies can no longer hit targets in "semi Open" vehicles (they will attack the vehicle itself).
The Autowalk script would stop working after resuming a saved game.

New :
A ton of new gear items by EO.
Added 2 new guerilla uniforms.
Added a new, hardcore demo mission called "Dust".*
Added a "No head" face.
Added a new rebreather vest.

Note :
The Dust Scenario inludes new features :
* Zombies can alert each others when a target is spotted.
* Dust Storms are frequent : cover your mouth when outdoors.

* Dust might cause your weapon to jam.
* Particle effects based on Alias Cartoon scripts.
* Spreading Infection : as time passes by, some NPCs have greater chances to spawn as (lootable) zombies.

• Thanks 1

Just now, librameister said:

Can someone tell me some good mods that will go well with ravage ? Beside warthai, ace, cup, rhs

my base setup would be at the very least:

- get the ravage modifications of the specific maps you use e.g. ravaged tanoa or ravaged CUP, if available

- EOs sullen skies mod for your map

- cup and rhs have a compatibility mod so the mags and attachments work together

- enhanced movement is a must have

- urban rappeling

- ASRAI 3 AI mod

- friths ruin gear

- check out the various improved sound mods out there, dyna sound and some other (the big ones do work well together

and then of course, most importantly below:

i think the game breaks if you dont use that, so are the rumors!

enjoy

vd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can someone tell me some good mods that will go well with ravage ? Beside warthai, ace, cup, rhs

I would also recommend trying out Fox Fuel, Arma3 Enhanced Inventory, Goko Ballistics Impact Mod, Duel Weapons, Immerse Mod, VCOM AI, advanced weapon Mounting. Also would recommend checking out the Scripts created by the members on this forum. I also have a number of Scripts that I have collected for scenario creation including Ballistic Wind Simulation, Exile Temperature system, Combat Realism, Exile ground fog etc if your interested in trying any of those

• Like 2

Can someone tell me some good mods that will go well with ravage?

If opening doors and gates becomes a major pain in the ass during your survival scenario, then this is a must have...

...download link in video description.  

• Like 3

Hi guys, been away for a bit so thought I would create a new ravage mission. Seems I cant enable the Ravage in game save option by double pressing "0" The in game Arma menu comes up when I do. I defo have a save module in the scenario. Weird.

@chrispools, the Save system module will only allow unlimited saves from the main Arma 3 menu, the in-game quick save option you refer too is part of the demo mission, a Radio Alpha trigger executed by the options.sqf....

_radio=createTrigger["EmptyDetector",[0,0]];
_radio setTriggerActivation["Alpha","PRESENT",true];
_radio setTriggerStatements["this","0=[] execVM 'ravage\code\scripts\system\options.sqf'",""];
1 setRadioMsg "Options";

• Like 2