7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@Donnie_Plays

ooops just learned about your mod

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369729654

sounds awesome and will check it out !:)

Hey! The assets in the mod are all from the open sourced Breaking Point mod. I spent a ton of time cracking the BP code to make the assets usable for mission makers. It does not include the melee weapons, which I am still trying to figure out how to extract and use. I wanted to put a custom main menu background on the mod but can't seem to get it to work properly. If anyone knows how to do this, send me a PM please.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Hey! The assets in the mod are all from the open sourced Breaking Point mod. I spent a ton of time cracking the BP code to make the assets usable for mission makers. It does not include the melee weapons, which I am still trying to figure out how to extract and use. I wanted to put a custom main menu background on the mod but can't seem to get it to work properly. If anyone knows how to do this, send me a PM please.

Well done Donnie, downloading your mission as we speak! Will give you feedback very soon!

Question: Does your BP assets change the Inventory UI just like in the regular BP? 

Also, why are your Assets 2GB+ while the new BP is 600MB? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Question: Does your BP assets change the Inventory UI just like in the regular BP? 

Also, why are your Assets 2GB+ while the new BP is 600MB? 

The inventory UI will be just like the regular Arma one. The uniform slot will show the faction icon. I am trying to find someone who can help me use the Breaking Point inventory UI, which I prefer. The code is very complex. I found the actual artwork that is used for the inventory UI. Getting it to call instead of the Arma one is a slight issue.

The Breaking Point mod is actually 12GB. The steam page info is wrong. I have condensed everything down from 12GB to about 2.9GB. Most of the bigger files were maps that were included with Breaking Point mod. I removed all the maps and only kept the New Haven map. I think 2.9GB is a good size for all the faction clothing, gear and weapons. It also includes the zombie skins, but I can't get the skins to work with the Ravage zombies yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

The inventory UI will be just like the regular Arma one. The uniform slot will show the faction icon. I am trying to find someone who can help me use the Breaking Point inventory UI, which I prefer. The code is very complex. I found the actual artwork that is used for the inventory UI. Getting it to call instead of the Arma one is a slight issue.

The Breaking Point mod is actually 12GB. The steam page info is wrong. I have condensed everything down from 12GB to about 2.9GB. Most of the bigger files were maps that were included with Breaking Point mod. I removed all the maps and only kept the New Haven map. I think 2.9GB is a good size for all the faction clothing, gear and weapons. It also includes the zombie skins, but I can't get the skins to work with the Ravage zombies yet.

Yeah it would be awesome to have ravage missions with BP's UI. Sadly I am incredibly bad at working with Arma 3's GUI. I've been trying for ages to get a basic PDA working for my mission with no success. I just tried to replicate some stalker's PDA features but it was a hell and couldn't get anywhere really. But there are lots of talented people here on the forums perhaps we all get lucky and get someone to make that amazing UI work with Ravage. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zayn1D said:

许多人多次重生后重生在水中或天空中。
你能解决它吗?

haha yeah, i know right! strikes me every time!

• Haha 3

On 7.11.2018 at 10:21 PM, Donnie_Plays said:

i have tested the other bp mod on steam too, actually while dowloading yours. there i noticed that very often, when using the bis fnc weapon equipper, it would not add a magazine. maybe that was not properly configured in the confic files...

will test your version later tonight and let u know.

• Thanks 1

Couldn't find how I can clean the spawned hordes. Isn't there a built in cleanup function in horde spawner module? If not, in my opinion, it really should have one. No point of having a horde roaming around the trigger when the player is miles away,  he may decide not to engage it and just continue to a different objective.

Also I would like to ask for your help, maybe there is a temp solution for this:
I've noticed that my server stops spawning any zombs, even the ambient ones when it reaches around 220+ server threads. Despite the fact the global count is very high (around 500) , but in action there are only around 80-100. Lets say you run at some location that have a couple of hordes spawn triggers , you spawn one , you spawn another and two more ... hordes concentrated in one place of the map... you continue to a different location, but the server threads are up to 220-240 due to this and when you reach next town you have no ambient spawn , not even single one.  And around 100 "useless" back there. Any ideas how to solve this?

+ Few zombz related suggestions

• Resurrect dead players body as zombies. With or without the loot.  Adds so much depth and uniquity to any zombs related mod.
  • Z Infection , zombies infect player upon hit . Can be cured only by a specific medication or even better by more then one medication type.

• Like 3

On 09/11/2018 at 10:08 AM, Zayn1D said:

许多人多次重生后重生在水中或天空中。
你能解决它吗?

Zayn1D (did no one spot that name?) is saying that they've been having problems with spawning in the sky or water and asking if there's a fix.

I've never encountered this problem (though I know others have). I suspect this is due to an out-of-date (possibly pirate) version of ArmA. But if anyone has a better idea, please reply and I'll translate it into Chinese for Zayn1D.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Zayn1D (did no one spot that name?) is saying that they've been having problems with spawning in the sky or water and asking if there's a fix.
I've never encountered this problem (though I know others have). I suspect this is due to an out-of-date (possibly pirate) version of ArmA. But if anyone has a better idea, please reply and I'll translate it into Chinese for Zayn1D.

It's likely due to some sort of respawn bug. It's not directly related to Ravage, as far as I'm aware. If you research respawn bugs, you will find reports from Exile, Epoch, Wasteland of people having the respawn issue where they fly into the air or end up spawned in the ocean. I've had a few people over the last couple of years say it's happened, but I have been unable to reproduce the issue.

It could be something as simple as this. You respawn, and another object has already spawned where you are supposed to respawn. A possible fix might be to change the respawn locations for mission creators and see if the problem persists.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/11/2018 at 10:08 AM, Zayn1D said:

许多人多次重生后重生在水中或天空中。
你能解决它吗?

这对Ravage来说不是问题。 这是ArmA的一个问题。 如果您出现在物体顶部,您将被移动到水面(地图上的0,0,0)或飞向空中。 尝试移动你的重生点。

For those of you reading in English who simply must know I said, it's basically Donnie's reply, but in (simple) Chinese. CHINA NUMBA-WON!!!

DYVkipa.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, chernaruski said:

Couldn't find how I can clean the spawned hordes. Isn't there a built in cleanup function in horde spawner module? If not, in my opinion, it really should have one. No point of having a horde roaming around the trigger when the player is miles away,  he may decide not to engage it and just continue to a different objective.

I too believe Hordes module and the regular zombies "become Hordes over time" option should have catching and/or cleaning solutions built in.

Many have reported a lack of zombies on their missions and a clear solution to this is the horde module but in its current implementation it just becomes too harsh on your server over time and also reduces the zombie population even further at other locations. 

Please Haleks if you ever have the time to look into this it would be a Godsend for many of us. (Actually all of us) =) :don13:

PS: Particularly I am trying to use my own catching solution for the hordes but it requires an additional layer of complexity for players/mission makers and I believe the whole point (or one of the main features) of Ravage is making it simpler to have your missions working as good and as performance friendly as possible. :drinking:

On 5/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, haleks said:

I'm looking at the script right now (it's actually one very old script) and - hell, how did I not realize it was going to cause issues... ^^'

It will be an easy fix indeed, I'll definitely try to push an update sometime this week.

Hey Haleks! Before you publish the update may I ask if you could check the MP Save params that get saved on the server for persistance. It seems that it stores player location and gear but not their HP... so I've been having the issue of players with low health just leaving and rejoining the server to get their Health back to full :(   

Can anyone find a dynamic boat spawner script that randomly spawns boats by shores? Perfect thing to have for my ravaged islands of tanoa scenario

Just now, lv1234 said:

Can anyone find a dynamic boat spawner script that randomly spawns boats by shores? Perfect thing to have for my ravaged islands of tanoa scenario

This is what you are looking for my friend!

Vandeanson is your man here. Not only shipwrecks but a number of random events (Including damn feral dog packs!) that will make every play through completely different and unique!

And a big plus, it is also super easy to setup and only eat around 5-10 frames depending of the amount of features you enable.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

i finalized guard dog, patrol dog and IED spawners for the bandit camps and hideouts yesterday as well as the fully customizable AI and player loadout Manager and was about to start with a boat, heli and plane spawner with respawn function:)

i might be able to put this into v2.3 today.

with helispawns i am thinking about adding small sites with camo nettings, some sandbags and mechanic equipment laying around. so sort of like the military has just given up on the heli field service position.

ship and plane spawn will be simpler.

cheers vd

• Like 2

folks,

i have a general question regarding the ravage equipment module that has been bugging me for a while.. i tried testing it but was never really sure about the outcome of the tests. if i enable all equipment and weapon sets per mod, e.g. CUP, but in fact I have the CUP mod not active, will this cause an issue or will ravage just ignore CUP gear?

this is relevant in a scenario where you publish a mission with minimal mods, but want to leave it open to the mission maker to add ravage supported mods such as warfare thai, cup, rhs.... (hence you would enable all these mods in the equipment module)

i hope you guys understand where i am trying to go here:)

cheers

vd

• Like 1

Just now, Vandeanson said:

folks,

i have a general question regarding the ravage equipment module that has been bugging me for a while.. i tried testing it but was never really sure about the outcome of the tests. if i enable all equipment and weapon sets per mod, e.g. CUP, but in fact I have the CUP mod not active, will this cause an issue or will ravage just ignore CUP gear?

this is relevant in a scenario where you publish a mission with minimal mods, but want to leave it open to the mission maker to add ravage supported mods such as warfare thai, cup, rhs.... (hence you would enable all these mods in the equipment module)

i hope you guys understand where i am trying to go here:)

cheers

vd

Those weapons lists depend on what addons are detected on the client (or the server in MP) : for instance if all addons supports are enabled but CUP is not installed, Ravage will create a list for all mods except CUP.

If none of the supported addons are present, Ravage will simply switch back to a list of vanilla weapons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, haleks said:

Those weapons lists depends on what addons are detected on the client : for instance if all addons supports are enabled but CUP is not installed, Ravage will create a list for all mods except CUP.

If none of the supported addons are present, Ravage will simply switch back to a list of vanilla weapons.

awesome, thanks a lot!

Alright - new "beta-ish" v2.31 includes IEDs, Patrol and/or Guard Dogs  in Hideouts and Bandit Camps

also new are boat spawners, heli spawners and plane spawners.

Boats come with a "push" addaction to push the boat back into water if stranded.

boats, planes and helis spawn with random amount of damage and fuel and will respawn 500 seconds after being destroyed at a new random location or a new marker location

the plane spawner requires you to place markers, see VD_Settings.sqf for the marker names.

if a plane is spawned at a marker, this marker gets temporarily removed from the marker array until the plane is destroyed.

you can enter the classnames of the boats/planes/helis you want to spawn into the respective arrays under VD_Settings.sqf.

here you can also set the number of spawns per site.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qk-KgKuiiy5BHtm9Sv-KClqV8JtkjQMI

let me know if everything works for you - will do more tests and then release properly=)

Thanks for testing =D

here some pics 

https://imgur.com/a/PV0bi6K

cheers

vd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey guys does anyone else think it would be cool to have a script that spawns dog tags that players could then find/collect and be rewarded for doing so maybe the bandits could drop the dog tags randomly or they could be spawned on the map some other way such as the bandit camp scripts. Players who find and collect dog tags would either gain banknotes to use at traders or something alongthose lines.

• Like 2

Hi fellow RAVAGERS,

I came across a cool weapon jamming mod in SWS which adds to the post-apoc vibe really well and can be customized quite easily for any weapon modset you might run: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1379304937

Most recent version no longer requires ACE and I really like the ease of use.  While you can set individual jam chances for every weapon in your modset, you don't have to if you prefer to have a general jam chance for all guns alike. But hey, who wouldn't like to bring his RL firearms experience/internet armchair knowledge/national pride to bear and make certain "favourites" be more reliable and "jam diss" other guns...:f:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2