@lv1234 to answer your question, basically follow EO’s reply if you want very slim encounters with AI you should only see Renegades with his settings seen above. If you want MORE AI to spawn, make sure to select a (Main hostile force). Hope this helps

On 13.10.2018 at 12:29 PM, tourist said:

Sounds good! 

I have so far only found a hacky solution by making every friendly on the map recruitable by the RAVAGE survivor recruiting action - and then accidently  realized it works on the horses, too... 

Also I do spawn them as ambient animals via Spyder addons; thus they appear in grazing herds.  MAybe I manage to combine it with your script?  PLZ send me your script so I can try my hand on it!

here we go, what is missing is some sort of looper or deletion system yet.

ps: sorry for the code bulk, still have not figured out how to paste code properly on the mobile XD

VD_BindupHorse = {
  params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId"];
  _target = _this select 0;
  _caller = _this select 1;
  _actionId = _this select 2;
    _target removeAction _actionid;
_target allowdamage false;
_target disableai 'MOVE';
[_target, "Release","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_unbind_ca.paa","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_unbind_ca.paa","_this distance _target < 3","_caller distance _target < 3",{},{},{call VD_ReleaseHorse;},{},[],1,0,false,false] call bis_fnc_holdActionAdd;
};

VD_ReleaseHorse = {
  params ["_target", "_caller", "_actionId"];
  _target = _this select 0;
  _caller = _this select 1;
  _actionId = _this select 2;
  _target removeAction _actionid;
_target allowdamage true;
_target enableai 'MOVE';
[_target, "Tie down","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_unbind_ca.paa","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_unbind_ca.paa","_this distance _target < 3","_caller distance _target < 3",{},{},{call VD_BindupHorse;},{},[],1,0,false,false] call bis_fnc_holdActionAdd;
};

_pos1 = [getPosATL (selectrandom (allplayers - entities [["allplayers"], ["HeadlessClient_F"], true, true])), 14, 14, 1, 0, 0.9,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos; // the first two numbers are the minimum and maximum range that the animals spawn related to the players position
_type = ["dbo_horse_NS"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_animals = createGroup civilian;
     _animal = _animals createUnit [_type, _pos1, [], 1, "FORM"];
  [_animal, "Tie down","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_unbind_ca.paa","\a3\ui_f\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\holdAction_unbind_ca.paa","_this distance _target < 3","_caller distance _target < 3",{},{},{call VD_BindupHorse;},{},[],1,0,false,false] call bis_fnc_holdActionAdd;

• Thanks 1

THX, VD! 

Will try that bit tomorrow - how do you call it? Init.sqf? initPlayerlocal.sqf? 

• Like 1

i would call it from init under the condition (isserver) then {...code..}; or (!isserver) then exitwith{};

this should work in sp and mp (tested only as host).

i would just fire the sqf a couple times depending on the amount of horses you want.

i have something like this in my init sqf to spawn 5 horses in rnd positions arround an alive player.

if (!isserver) then exitwith {};

for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {execvm "VD_Horse_Spawner.sqf};

quoting from top of my head so not 100% sure if all is correct;)

if you put it in initplayerlocal that works too and is excecuted for every player on the server, if this is intended.

Here comes one of the most intense night time firefights I've had in ARMA; a breathtaking experience due to the low-tech setting of my Morgenthau mission:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tourist said:

Here comes one of the most intense night time firefights I've had in ARMA; a breathtaking experience due to the low-tech setting of my Morgenthau mission:

where did you get that hud (right siden of the screen)?

The HUD is from HEROS Survive Mod which I use in combination with RAVAGE in this mission.  Together, these mods make for an awesome experience!

sweet.. and the double-clicking of items never gave you any issues? the Zombies and demons anti virus pills and injectors have the same function and it always messed my game up (it blocked the possibility to double click ravage item and vice versa)

With the help of HEROS as the author of his mod, I made certain RAVAGE items useable by HEROS - and disabled the primary needs system of RAVAGE for that mission.  So basically there is no double-click conflict because I use ONLY the HEROS survival mechanics, but with some of the RAVAGE items which might appear in loot made compatible.  There are some RAVAGE features like the whole fuel syphoning and the repair system which don't utilize the double click in inventory and thus can work alongside HEROS without issues.  ATTOW only food & drink items from RAVAGE work in HEROS survive in my mission; I couldn't get matches or antirad pills to work. 

Has anyone successfully ran a Ravage and Exile server? I would like to use the Ravage zombies and maybe a few elements from Ravage while using the overall system of Exile.

Is there a way to have tents, vehicles, etc incorporated into the MP persistency system? I'm asking because I still get performance problems when I play on my Ravage mission for over 2 hours or so (this is probably the point where all the dead bodies start to pile up and bog down the mission's performance). The only fix for the problem is to click "restart mission" on the mission select screen, however, as you would expect, after I do this it resets all the vehicles, tents, etc in the mission. 

Also, I have encountered a behavioral bug related to the zombie's path-finding: if you step into a body of water while being chased by zombies, the zombies just stand still on the edge of the water, allowing you to safely shoot them in the head. I have found myself actually utilizing this bug to my advantage (especially if I have a trail of zombies following me). 

Last but not least, how do I prevent player bodies from despawning after they die? On a few different occasions, I died and made my way back to where my body was supposed to be, only to find out that it had despawned already, and my loot was therefore gone from existence.

21 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

I still get performance problems when I play on my Ravage mission for over 2 hours or so

If you have the Cleanup system activated you shouldn't be experiencing that big of performance drops, what map are you playing on? Cause I know the Chernarus REDUX map, I've played my scenarios for hours and hours and usually don't get a hit in performance, I really only lose frame rate when entering Cherno or the heavily edited areas but I also only dip to maybe 50FPS so it's not so bad... Also, a big list of mods can cause issues as well, I personally play with a maximum of about 20 or so mods because if you do have a huge list, I'm sure you'll suffer performance errors... Hope this helps man!

@Donnie_Plays I'm not sure myself, but I have definitely seen other players mix the two or so into their servers so it's possible. Check out this video by Mick Scudds as it shows Exile being used with Ravage and multiplayer... He'd be your guy to get a hold of if someone is to know about it, unless someone else jumps on here. Hope this helps! :rthumb:

Spoiler

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

If you have the Cleanup system activated you shouldn't be experiencing that big of performance drops, what map are you playing on? Cause I know the Chernarus REDUX map, I've played my scenarios for hours and hours and usually don't get a hit in performance, I really only lose frame rate when entering Cherno or the heavily edited areas but I also only dip to maybe 50FPS so it's not so bad... Also, a big list of mods can cause issues as well, I personally play with a maximum of about 20 or so mods because if you do have a huge list, I'm sure you'll suffer performance errors... Hope this helps man!

Yeah, I have the cleanup system activated on all of my ravage missions. Also, the performance problem happens on most maps that I play on (including vanilla Chernarus),  but again it doesn't really occur until I play the scenario for 2 or more hours. I have about 25 mods enabled and that's it.

@ArteyFlow Hmm... Are you running any looping scripts that are heavy? (Non Dynamic) spawners of some sort? Also, running off a HDD or an SSD? 

2 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I personally play with a maximum of about 20 or so mods because if you do have a huge list, I'm sure you'll suffer performance errors... Hope this helps man!

28 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

I have about 25 mods enabled and that's it.

Yikes!...that seems like an awful lot of mods guys, is that the norm? I rarely run more than 3 or 4 with Ravage.

If there's one thing I've learned playing the Arma series.....mo' mods, mo' problems. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The mods are good and the arma is based in mods and scripts , but less is actually better.

There are a lot of times that there are interfering with each other and this happens especially with maps .

So a general direction would be , to have enable every time only the mods that you want to play with .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@ArteyFlow Hmm... Are you running any looping scripts that are heavy? (Non Dynamic) spawners of some sort? Also, running off a HDD or an SSD? 

Nah, nothing like that. Also, I have ArmA installed on a hdd.

@EO, @GEORGE FLOROS GR I rarely have difficulty with the mods I use, and haven't had any complaints in "The Burning Rain" on mod errors (19 are required to play it) so all seems well... I'm not saying mods can't cause problems cause they definitely can lol :razz:  and @ArteyFlow I'm not sure what to tell ya man, I personally run my game on an SSD and my game runs quite smoothly, depending on your specs or even the mods you ARE using you may have to experiment with some settings to get it to continue to run smoothly, maybe try different memory allocation.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@EO, @GEORGE FLOROS GR I rarely have difficulty with the mods I use, and haven't had any complaints in "The Burning Rain" on mod errors (19 are required to play it) so all seems well... I'm not saying mods can't cause problems cause they definitely can lol :razz:  and @ArteyFlow I'm not sure what to tell ya man, I personally run my game on an SSD and my game runs quite smoothly, depending on your specs or even the mods you ARE using you may have to experiment with some settings to get it to continue to run smoothly, maybe try different memory allocation.  

Well, I have been having some stutter problems in some games (mainly games like Insurgency: Sandstorm and Battlefield 1), so maybe the problem is my pc, I'm not entirely sure. I guess I'll just stick to clicking "restart mission" every once in a while for now, because I haven't had any other problems related to the mods I have been using.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EO said:

Yikes!...that seems like an awful lot of mods guys, is that the norm? I rarely run more than 3 or 4 with Ravage.

If there's one thing I've learned playing the Arma series.....mo' mods, mo' problems. 

I haven't really had any other performance issues in ArmA so far though, just this performance problem when running a Ravage scenario for a long period of time. Also, I've already trimmed my mods list as low as it would go lmao.

• Like 1

A question arose on the Ravage Steam Workshop regarding uniforms/vests/headgear that give protection from radiation, so here is a fairly comprehensive list of vanilla gear that Ravage uses for radiation protection...

Headgear...

Spoiler

6eLf2dT.jpg

h3vEodL.jpg

pRHwzS4.jpg

Vests...

Spoiler

adKH2sQ.jpg

MHWGzDk.jpg

xXqbH7C.jpg

GaHdTJT.jpg

HLMX7ZB.jpg

Uniforms...

Spoiler

yDEzRl3.jpg

GsxbCLo.jpg

k368ZKE.jpg

SrGNq2x.jpg

uOQD5ef.jpg

dF5j4aJ.jpg

RlW4jtY.jpg

Wear any combination of these and you could happily pitch a tent outside No.4 reactor at Chernobyl. :rthumb:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

oh wow, thanks for sharing, i didnt know that!

sole gasmasks also help right?

Yeah man, for sure a gasmask on it's own will give an element of protection. I think the guy over at the Steam Workshop who posed the question knew about gasmask protection, it was gear other than gasmasks he was unsure about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The mod @Heros Survive at hr_a3_survive\scripts\client\Inventory Display Check.sql replaced "LBDblClick" to "KeyDown" and conflict with @Ravage double click did not.