Fellow Ravagers!...you can grab a standalone version of "Ravaged and Frithified Gear" over here.....if you so desire. (sorry for the shameless plug, but they simply wouldn't exist without Ravage)

Much more importantly I hope your all busy baking survival cake for haleks, Ravage celebrates a birthday in a few days time...:f: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody know how to make it so the game saves when you are near a bed or sleeping tent that you placed down in SP? or at least save while looking at the items?

and before you provide me info on halek's "scripts" that refer to that, they have failed to work after multiple tries.

3 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Does anybody know how to make it so the game saves when you are near a bed or sleeping tent that you placed down in SP? or at least save while looking at the items?

and before you provide me info on halek's "scripts" that refer to that, they have failed to work after multiple tries.

i might be completely wrong here but in my understanding, it is not the intention of the ravage function that the game saves when the player is near bed/tents or when sleeping.

the sleeping is for SP and lets you pass time only. the sleeping is activated via an addaction on the tent that can be used.

in MP the deployable backpack tents provide a respawn point.

the option to save must be selected and activated via the respective ravage module.

to make a save, i believe that only works via "Esc" and then "Save".

what you describe seems to be an addaction that is added to such tents that would save the game via a script.

question: has this ever worked, was there such option for you?

and if: was this maybe a third party script?

or maybe there is just a missunderstanding with regards to what the save function of ravage is?

let me know id be interessted to know;)

cheers

vd

Maybe the best way is this , but i didn't have time to check it :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24548

it needs also this:

@code34

Would it be possible to have some sort of small fast " tutorial briefing" for this? 

( except if it's super easy and we just need to read a bit ! , because as i said i haven't check it )

Thank you very much !

• Like 1

so basically this would allow us to host a game with friends, shut it down and come back a week later, and load the mp mission with that savefile right?:eyeheart:

• Like 1

I had set a wasteland with inidb some time ago and everything was persistent.It was very good!

• Like 1

Hi , i have a big Problem with a Ai spawn script in Ravage . All the time wen i go over a trigger thats call my script its spawns Zombies and not Ai Units . Hope anyone can help me .Thanks for your time !. 

The Script : 

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

_spawnPos = _this select 0;
_enemyArray = [];

_group1 = createGroup EAST;
_unit1 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_INS_Soldier_Ammo", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_unit2 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_RU_Engineer_VDV", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_unit3 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_RU_Soldier_Saiga_VDV", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_unit4 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_RU_Soldier_AT_VDV", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_enemyArray = [_unit1,_unit2,_unit3,_unit4];

//100 kann als Patroullienbereich beliebig geändert werden
[_group1,_spawnPos,50] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;
// Bedingung zm Despawnen der Einheiten sollte sich der Spieler entfernen
waitUntil { {player distance _x > 1000} forEach _enemyArray };

// Einheiten werden entfernt, sollte wie in diesem Beispiel die 400m als Entfernung überschritten werden
{deletevehicle _x} forEach (units _group1);
deleteGroup _group1;

11 minutes ago, WaffenFetisch said:

Hi , i have a big Problem with a Ai spawn script in Ravage . All the time wen i go over a trigger thats call my script its spawns Zombies and not Ai Units . Hope anyone can help me .Thanks for your time !. 

The Script : 

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

_spawnPos = _this select 0;
_enemyArray = [];

_group1 = createGroup EAST;
_unit1 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_INS_Soldier_Ammo", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_unit2 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_RU_Engineer_VDV", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_unit3 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_RU_Soldier_Saiga_VDV", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_unit4 = _group1 createUnit ["CUP_O_RU_Soldier_AT_VDV", [_spawnPos select 0,_spawnPos select 1,1], [], 1, "NONE"]; sleep 0.2;
_enemyArray = [_unit1,_unit2,_unit3,_unit4];

//100 kann als Patroullienbereich beliebig geändert werden
[_group1,_spawnPos,50] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol;
// Bedingung zm Despawnen der Einheiten sollte sich der Spieler entfernen
waitUntil { {player distance _x > 1000} forEach _enemyArray };

// Einheiten werden entfernt, sollte wie in diesem Beispiel die 400m als Entfernung überschritten werden
{deletevehicle _x} forEach (units _group1);
deleteGroup _group1;

hiho,

i see nothing in there. that should cause this.

i would recommend testing your script with cup only to see if it works, then add ravage and test again.

do you use any other mods or scripts?

how is the above script named?

what is the content of your Trigger?

cherrs vd

8 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

hiho,

i see nothing in there. that should cause this.

i would recommend testing your script with cup only to see if it works, then add ravage and test again.

do you use any other mods or scripts?

how is the above script named?

what is the content of your Trigger?

cherrs vd

The Name is Depod_spawn1.sqf 

I call the script so in the Trigger :

_null = [markerPos "ds_1"] execVM "Depod_spawn1.sqf" 

And mods ... Puh i use many mods and scripts for the Sandbox that i Make with @touristtourist

.Like your script pack VD , GF Static Traders and and and . 

The script works without no problems only with Ravage

Hello Ravagers!

Long time no see! I've been sitting on an update for a while now, and I think it's time to let version 0.161 see daylight.

On the menu : the usual load of fixes & tweaks, EO's collection of new gear, and a new scenario called Dust for hardcore players.

See the changelog for full details :

Tweaked :
AI Group spawn process.
The "Altis" demo mission is now a bit less difficult.
Various tweaks to the Autowalk system.
Added Mine Detector to military loot.
Minor tweaks and optimizations.
Furniture such as fridges are tagged as "food only" containers.

Fixed :
Zombies can no longer hit targets in "semi Open" vehicles (they will attack the vehicle itself).
The Autowalk script would stop working after resuming a saved game.

New :
A ton of new gear items by EO.
Added 2 new guerilla uniforms.
Added a new, hardcore demo mission called "Dust".*
Added a "No head" face.
Added a new rebreather vest.

Note :
The Dust Scenario inludes new features :
* Zombies can alert each others when a target is spotted.
* Dust Storms are frequent : cover your mouth when outdoors.
* Particle effects based on Alias Cartoon scripts.
* Spreading Infection : as time passes by, some NPCs have greater chances to spawn as (lootable) zombies.

Special thanks to EO & Alias Cartoon for their contributions on this update!

Now, let's talk about the future :

As you may have noticed, Ravage updates are becoming less frequent lately. I don't have the spare time to keep developing Ravage like I used to the past few years and, well... after 5 years working on it, Ravage is starting to wear me down.

I will keep working on it at a slower pace; I have tons of materials by EO, @tourist, @cosmic10r and @BattleChief wich are waiting to be put to good use : the next updates will most likely focus on that.

I also want to make time for other projects (some bits & pieces have been teased here and there), more news on that soon!

Anyway, I hope you guys are still having fun playing the mod, thanks to everyone keeping it alive!

Download Link : Ravage v0.1.61

0437E3F54CD5703591BFABCB7583E52C0B163379

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, WaffenFetisch said:

The Name is Depod_spawn1.sqf 

I call the script so in the Trigger :

_null = [markerPos "ds_1"] execVM "Depod_spawn1.sqf" 

And mods ... Puh i use many mods and scripts for the Sandbox that i Make with @touristtourist

.Like your script pack VD , GF Static Traders and and and . 

The script works without no problems only with Ravage

Problem Solved ....wrong line by calling my script . Thanks on you @Vandeansonto trying help me.

• Like 2

Thanks for update haleks. New Dust scenario looks very interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haleks said:

New : Added a "No head" face.

Added a new rebreather vest.

So cool...

4WUV2xO.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, EO said:

So cool...

4WUV2xO.jpg

Man, that outfit looks very dystopian - almost Jin-Roh like! <3

Actually, it would work well as a faction loadout for that F3llout project...

• Like 6

....top to toe Ravage assets too. ^^

Altogether a very cool anniversary update!

• Like 4

Yeah Haleks, 5 years is a long time for a mod like this. It's been awesome to see it grow, and be part of making some content in a small way with my missions. Thanks very much for making it, it's exactly what Arma 3 needed I think! And don't worry, I think the community will keep this mod alive for some time to come.

• Like 4

Hi, ravage community

I'm planning to create a wip MP scenario that i hadn't completed in a while and running through a problem. For the scenario, i have created multiple working respawn points (using the infantry_respawn marker) and want the player to randomly spawn at one of those markers when starting the mission. So i turned off "select respawn position" in the multiplayer option of the editor but i am met with my character only being ocean (where i manually placed him at). Any advice?

Take note that after manual respawning in the same session, I would be able to randomly spawn at one of my placed respawn points instead of the ocean (which is what i also wanted, so that's good).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Any advice?

Hello lv1234 !

Post your code for the respawn in order someone to help you .     :f:

Hi,

@haleks Does your "unlimited ammo" code work for all units on map (also for handplaced), or only for AI spawned by rvg module?

BTW "The Dust" is very challenging

@Hans(z): Unlimited ammo does work an all units, no matter how or when they spawn. ;)

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello lv1234 !

Post your code for the respawn in order someone to help you .     :f:

There's no coding, the only thing i have on my respawn in terms of coding is halek's random loadout everytime the player spawns

I'm just using the respawns based on the "infantry respawn" markers for bluefor only

• Like 1

Guys, is there any way of only using the weapons an/or uniforms files from @IFA3_AIO_LITE and still have it working with Ravage? The whole thing (Iron Front Lite mod) is 10GB!!!! And only for using maybe 1GB of data in Ravage :(

Also, just by having @IFA3_AIO_LITE on I loose ~10 FPS. It is worth it for the weapons alone but do I have to pay such a steep price for the added atmosphere?

Anyways, the new version is awesome! Having a blast with it!

• Like 2