Thank you very much BattleChief for mention me !

Spoiler

SHOUTOUTS*
Massive shoutout to George Floros on the ravage forums, his scripts have helped countless people with their missions.
My thanks to Jimmakos for helping me perfect the starting script, without him I wouldn't be able to start them in such a nice fashion.
My thanks to Cosmic10r for helping inspire me, and with various small scripting bits. T
My thanks to Evil Organ, or EO, for the non-stop help he has put into the ravage community.
My thanks to Haleks for creating this oh-so-tricky-to-master-mod.
My thanks to Tourist for helping me find my way in this confusing game, and with the pointers to the proper tools to get it done.
Finally, my thanks to all those who I haven't called out specifically, your help has not gone unrecognized, you, the countless amount of people, are the main backbone to the modding community, without you, it would not be possible to do half of what we can do.

and Congratulations for your mission!

This is the first published right?

• Like 1

Hi,

I want to ask you, what kind of stuff can I sell to Gear Trader? Allways pops up message: "you have nothing of value for me". I run Ravage with RHS mods.

Regards Hans(z)

Edit: @haleks how does sleeping affect player?

4 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Hi,

I want to ask you, what kind of stuff can I sell to Gear Trader? Allways pops up message: "you have nothing of value for me". I run Ravage with RHS mods.

Regards Hans(z)

Edit: @haleks how does sleeping affect player?

I honestly don't think you can sell ANY stuff to the gear trader. so far I can't find anything that I can sell to the gear rader(even vanilla gear/outfits)

18 hours ago, BattleChief said:

Well, if I can't find a solution, I guess I will just cut out my intro..its a shame...

Maybe something like this could be added to delay the initlocalplayer.sqf  Srry if that doesn't help at all.  waitUntil{ time > 3600 };  or this: waitUntil { sleep 60; floor(serverTime / 3600) == 1 };    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/waitUntil

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2018 at 2:35 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thank you very much BattleChief for mention me !

Reveal hidden contents

SHOUTOUTS*
Massive shoutout to George Floros on the ravage forums, his scripts have helped countless people with their missions.
My thanks to Jimmakos for helping me perfect the starting script, without him I wouldn't be able to start them in such a nice fashion.
My thanks to Cosmic10r for helping inspire me, and with various small scripting bits. T
My thanks to Evil Organ, or EO, for the non-stop help he has put into the ravage community.
My thanks to Haleks for creating this oh-so-tricky-to-master-mod.
My thanks to Tourist for helping me find my way in this confusing game, and with the pointers to the proper tools to get it done.
Finally, my thanks to all those who I haven't called out specifically, your help has not gone unrecognized, you, the countless amount of people, are the main backbone to the modding community, without you, it would not be possible to do half of what we can do.

and Congratulations for your mission!

This is the first published right?

The only one currently in my workshop, yes

I have made at least 5 or 6 before this, but I had problems updating them in the future due to mods...so I deleted them

22 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Maybe something like this could be added to delay the initlocalplayer.sqf  Srry if that doesn't help at all.  waitUntil{ time > 3600 };  or this: waitUntil { sleep 60; floor(serverTime / 3600) == 1 };    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/waitUntil

I considered this, but it seemed like a bad idea, because if you died in the mission, and restarted, but skipped the intro, you would be stuck waiting for the script to catch up..it is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't. I will find a fix later on hopefully, and will implement it...it was a nice helicrash scene with a RHS UH-60

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BattleChief said:

the intro

Did you tried to run  the intro first in your initplayerinit.sqf ?

• Like 1

Hey there just wanted to remind you guys that we do have a Steam Group called The Ravage Squad if any of you are interested in joining you can use the group page to post scenarios, Videos or anything related to Ravage that you would like to share. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ravage-Squad    Currently have 25 Members (:

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Currently have 25 Members (:

28 now Gill ;) i had no idea there was a Ravage steam group, should have told me, since you have my utube channel or should i say the official Ravage Utube channel linked there, lol

Haleks, sorry have not checked, or looked, maybe asked already, but an idea came to mind while watching season 8 of the walking dead ;)

i seen a scene in the show where there was a fire fight, good guys got killed in an ambush, and couple survived, after about so much time the good guys that

were killed started rising up as the walking dead.

The idea was that if you were to kill a bandit, or even a survivor got killed that they would rise up in so much time and start walking, that is if they were shot in the head,

is this realistic with the spawning, and caching with the zombie spawn module, or could it be something we could add to the game to give a scenario a unique added feature?

Maybe someone whom would create, and record Ravage episodes could have such an option to add something like this making their episodes more interesting.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Hey there just wanted to remind you guys that we do have a Steam Group called The Ravage Squad if any of you are interested in joining you can use the group page to post scenarios, Videos or anything related to Ravage that you would like to share. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ravage-Squad    Currently have 25 Members (:

Ahem..make that 29

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, miasdad said:

Ahem..make that 29

Awesome (:

• Like 1

I`m looking for same  quality Ravage missions but on CUP maps..

Can somebody provide links?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

28 now Gill ;) i had no idea there was a Ravage steam group, should have told me, since you have my utube channel or should i say the official Ravage Utube channel linked there, lol

Haleks, sorry have not checked, or looked, maybe asked already, but an idea came to mind while watching season 8 of the walking dead ;)

i seen a scene in the show where there was a fire fight, good guys got killed in an ambush, and couple survived, after about so much time the good guys that

were killed started rising up as the walking dead.

The idea was that if you were to kill a bandit, or even a survivor got killed that they would rise up in so much time and start walking, that is if they were shot in the head,

is this realistic with the spawning, and caching with the zombie spawn module, or could it be something we could add to the game to give a scenario a unique added feature?

Maybe someone whom would create, and record Ravage episodes could have such an option to add something like this making their episodes more interesting.

Awesome the more members the better and yes I would love to see some recently killed Ai turn into infected slowly rising up I am pretty sure that Ryans Zombies & Demons has a feature like that.

3 minutes ago, sammael said:

I`m looking for same  quality Ravage missions but on CUP maps..

Can somebody provide links?

I might have one or two for ya Im sure others will post links aswell. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353398025  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1310305107   https://steamcommunity.com/id/painkiller9010/myworkshopfiles/

• Like 3

Dont forget my 2 SteamWorkshop Collections for Ravage:

Ravage Singleplayer Missions

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1306916411

Ravage Multiplayer Missions

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1306924295

Both also linked on the Ravage Discord and on the Ravage Utube Channel

Just for your guy's information i wont add missions that dont have at least a picture, or a description, i really dont see the point on adding someone's mission

if they cant take the time to write a brief description or at least say what the mission is about, not doing that imo is just wasting yours and other people's time looking at the listing.

As the old saying goes, you get out of it what you put into it, so do your due diligence and provide some information.

Would you download your mission if its the first time seeing it and theres no information? Didn't think so.

Also imo is stop creating just plain survival missions, theres about 20+ of them in the collections already!

Do something unique and immersive, something with a story, something that gives people a reason to want to play your mission, wandering around endlessly just to collect supplies, guns, and

what have you, shoot some bandits, and zombies enroute to your tent gets old, put yourself in the place of the player who is to sub or download your mission people need a reason to survive. Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey Gill93,

can't find the group on steam if I type in "Ravage".  Also for some reason I can't copy-paste the link into steam browser.  Would you add me as friend & then invite into the group?

Kind regards

tourist

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tourist said:

Would you add me as friend & then invite into the group?

Done. Hopefully that'll work.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tourist said:

Hey Gill93,

can't find the group on steam if I type in "Ravage".  Also for some reason I can't copy-paste the link into steam browser.  Would you add me as friend & then invite into the group?

Kind regards

tourist

Will do srry about that (:

44 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Done. Hopefully that'll work.

Awesome

43 minutes ago, tourist said:

Yep, worked fine & No. 31 now!

Sweet (:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Did you tried to run  the intro first in your initplayerinit.sqf ?

The intro has zero scripting in regards to the SQF files, it is merely some ingame triggers with a few things to damage the main rotor and tail rotor, and to end the intro upon death of the player...

My problem with it was that the initplayerlocal.sqf was trying to activate during the intro, and that resulted in the scenario stage encountering a problem with adding gear to the dead body at the wreck, specifically, a uniform (or so it seems, I couldn't find much else missing for the body..)

On 9/28/2018 at 11:24 AM, Gill93 said:

Woah, wait a sec, I am a mod? This is...new

*EDIT*: Now that I know I am one, made a discussion for Ravage missions, incase someone uses the group discussions more than the forums

Edited by BattleChief